Fresenius Medical Care
1,179 reviews

Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Production low
Lead Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Dallas,TexasMay 14, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: Relocated
Very family orientated company. My Supervisor/co-workers we all where like family had fun but we did get the work done. Overtime was offered for the ones that needed it and there was no pressure on getting your daily work load done.
Company FMC
CCHT (Current Employee), Kenvil, NJMay 13, 2015
Pros: Going home and having a good feeling that I have helped patients.
Cons: Not having enough time to sit with patients, and having a conversation with them to learn of any problems or concerns they night have.
In review of FMC, overall it is a good company as far as benefits and PTO. There is no room for advancement,salaries are not comparable to other companies and seinority plays no part. I have learned alot in my years 32years of being a PCT, The hardest part of my job is, being able to get the pts in and out in a safely manner with the very very close time restraints that we are given between patients schedules. In regaurds to patient care there should be time to care for every patient equally. I have learned to become very positive and negativity plays no part.
Good compensation
Social Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 11, 2015
Good compensation and benefits. Management needs better training and education. Flexible work hours. Good vision from corporate, but local management doesn't buy in.
Ok job
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), LouisvilleMay 11, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: under staffed
Patient care, monitoring vitals setting up machines putting patients on dialysis machines. co-workers not very friendly, poor management,dealing with combative patients
build work relationships as well as friendship
order picker (Former Employee), Concord, CAMay 8, 2015
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: management, communication
Fresenius Medical Care had a great group of employees working for them. I can honestly say they where my favorite group of coworkers I've ever had. Work first talk later
very busy atmosphere
Registered Nurse/Team Leader/Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXMay 7, 2015
long hours/days usually 16-18 hours, work day starts at 4:00 am, standing on feet most of the day. for the most part staff friendly
pretty good company
Biomedical Technician 1 (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 5, 2015
The company is ok to work for. The only issue I have is hat being that it is a very big company, there was no positive relationship with upper management and the employees. To management, employees are nothing more than just a number. However, on the positive side I will say is that the training is phenomenal. The company ensures that you are proficient in your job and provides you the tools to make sure that you are successful.
Enjoyable work place
Secretary (Former Employee), Sinton, TXMay 4, 2015
I would come into the office and make coffee, ask employees if they needed anything. Got my list of duties and started working.
I learned how to better organize the records room, learned how to understand more about how dialysis works. My co-workers were fun to talk to, everybody got along. My hardest part was when the computer system would break down and we had no internet to log our work, and had to do it manually, it made for a longer day. I enjoyed talking to the patients and their family's.
A lot of work, but rewarding
Outpatient Dialysis Charge RN (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Marketable job skills
Cons: Chronic understaffing
Working on salary. Chronic understaffing leads to long hours. Taking care of the same patients helps you to get to know them and manage their care well.
proving need for patients to sustain life
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2015
Pros: working with patients
Cons: lack of staff for resources
Early start, enjoy being able to provide a valuable service to patients dealing with such crisis, teamwork a must, fast pace
great company
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working at this pack the people there are kind and they also provide lunch for you daily one of the down sides of this company is its very fast pace you may do 50 people I one day not including doctor visits but over all great place
Ok place to start but do not stay long term
Acute Biomedical Technician I (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MIApril 28, 2015
Pros: Ok place to start
Cons: management, compensation, unorganized, high turn over rate
Worked for Fresenius for 2 years then took a job for a hospital biomed. Within that 2 years, witnessed 7 people come and go in the technical department alone. Countless other nurses and PCT's leaving on the clinical side. Very high turn over rate. Company does nothing to keep good employees. Company is very unorganized. No room for growth or advancement. Management has unrealistic expectations and does nothing to help. With that being said, company is an ok place to start if your looking to get into dialysis or the biomedical field if you have no degree but only make this company a stepping stone. Do not recommend making your career here long term.
Learning about water room
Medical Assistant, Nurse assisitant, PCT (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 28, 2015
Pros: lunchous with venders
Cons: nothing
Learning new things with the water room and making sure that you had to learn who was on the right Dialyzer . The hardest part the job was the water room.
Summary
Dialysis Dietitian (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INApril 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
There are pros and cons to this company. The benefits are good, room for advancement and the environment varies by location. They are a big company and the bottom line is dollar cost.
An active sometimes strainous workplace, not a job for everyone.
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Elkton, MDApril 25, 2015
Pros: Great health beneifits good insentives
Cons: long hours pay is decent but could be more for the amount of work and time at job
This is a job where if you love to help others this will be a great place to work. This particular company has to do with patients dealing with the medical condition of having renal failure.(when the kidneys stop working in the body.) It is a demanding job working from between anywhere from ten hour to fifth teen hour days and four out of the six major holidays. Some days patients may start treatments late, the clinic may have to open later, or patient"s transportation maybe having issues so you usually can not end your work day until all patients have made their way out of the clinic and all task are done.
Productive and learned a plenty of task and resposibilty
Regulatory Compliance and Inventory Technician (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZApril 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Emergency clinic calls
Flexible schedule, learned a lot of various task by co. provided training, management very helpul to their staff to assist to be trained
on hihgher level position, nice to work to the others for their teamwork, the hardest part of the job when you will be on training due to a lot of responsibilities to learned at one time because no supervising at work, you'll have to do the according to the co. policy and regulation n a multiple facilities, mostly co worker are very helpul.
New management equals wrong direction
Technician (Current Employee), TNApril 23, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits if you get them, use them while you got them
Cons: watch out, they will get you
Working hours are about 4am to 4pm or later. I learned that I loved my fellow floor coworkers and I really loved my patients, but new management was dreadful and above that was impossible. They set goals that were unreachable. They had standards that were barely state legal, you would break your back trying your hardest and management would sit in the office on the computer calculating how to cut your time more while adding more patients. They encourage false documentation to trick state auditors. They don't give you all your pay and you can't prove it because they don't give you a copy of your time card as they should. They look away when managers steal but get rid of workers who are injured.
Caring and productive company
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (PCT) (Former Employee), Kenvil, NJApril 23, 2015
Great place to work and grow as an individual. A place to learn good morals and work ethic. Company and staff are always helpful and caring for patients and one another.
Great learning experience and room for growth and further education
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAApril 22, 2015
Typical day at work is caring for the patients. You basically do everything besides push and administer meds and fill out all the paperwork that the nurses do. It is a very demanding job, requires you to pay a lot of attention to detail at all times. Management was a joke, nothing was organized or fair. One person would get in trouble for something that another would never, despite if you were a hard worker or not, or if you showed up everyday on time and worked overtime anytime asked, they didn't pay attention to those details. The best part about the job was getting to know the patients and the relationships built but that also could sometimes be the worst part when their health turned for the worst. Number one reason I stayed as long as I did was for my patients and for the fact they offered great benefits and paid for your schooling in full. There is so much room for growth and transferring, so that makes job security nice.
A family based company
Production Operator (Former Employee), Livingston, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: when you get to the quota done they might make a dinner for you.
A very nice place to work. Very friendly place to work. They are very serious about having a clean environment and keeping up with all the procedures. Most employees are willing to help you when you have a question, and you have the ability to go up the latter in the company.

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Salaries