Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Don't feel that company values RNs
RN (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 22, 2017
As with any company in medical field, money is bottom line. Do not feel that company values nurses. As long as chairs are filled and income is generated, it seems to be all that matters. Often unsafe staffing levels.
Evidence based practice shows BSNs have better patient outcomes, yet it does not seem that company values this. They will hire nurses with any level of education and compensate and treat them the same.
In my opinion, the RNs should have a bigger role in patient care besides being used as a work horse on the floor. There are many more aspects to providing high quality patient care besides getting patients on and off the machine. I feel like there is a lack of follow up on quality care. The nurses often have no time to make rounds with the interdisciplinary team because of poor staffing. Nor do they have time to attend Quality improvement meetings for same reason or have time to review records. This does not seem to be cost effective in long run. Better outcomes overlooked as short term solution to poor staffing issues. This seems especially true now that reimbursement is based on outcomes and patient satisfsction. The patients are very astute and they notice when there is short staffing, coworker conflict and poor teamwork. These isssues often impact their satisfaction scores
On a positive note, there is a better work life balance than in hospital setting. The techs are mostly fantastic to work with. And of course, the patients are fantastic!
There is a 401k, ample vacation time and sick hours. There is health insurance although it has recently
  more... been more limited and more expensive. There is also the ability to transfer anywhere in country once in the company.  less
Pros
Good coworkers, good clinical manager, generally good work/life balance, nice patients
Cons
Terrible pay, medical insurance getting more expensive and less value for money, upper management so-so, saftey often compromised due to short staff
Summary
Insurance/Intake/Prior Auth Specialist/CPhT (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 21, 2017
I enjoy helping our patients. I am detail oriented so I do find issues that I get corrected on behalf of patients. The job culture has improved over the last couple of years. I hope the company continues to make improvements and in growth.
Pros
Helping Customers/Patients
Cons
Not Sure
Dissolved the Division
National Field Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  MD, DC, VA, TN, WVA, NCOctober 21, 2017
I was developing the sales and marketing when it was acquired by a Dialysis company. The hope was that the treatment protocol could be provide in a similar way as dialysis. One care provider for numerous patients. It did not work so they dissolved the division and blocked the products from any further use.
Pros
Helps so many patients
Cons
Dissolved the company
Winding Operator/alt. Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 20, 2017
Tedious repetitive work. had to suit up in full chemical gear when the winding machines crashed. working with the material supply was good a break from the winding machines.
Cons
Odd work schedule
Accounts Payable Coordinator - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 20, 2017
Productive and pleasant place to work in. Great people to work with.

I was on contract basis and didn't work there long enough to gather more information.
Cons
short breaks
competitive
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 19, 2017
Brought newer employees in at a higher salary without adjusting older employees. Changed products without consulting the personnel using the products.
Pros
large corporation
Cons
unfair
n/a
Nephrology Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAOctober 18, 2017
• Conducting initial and periodic psychosocial assessments for all patients requiring renal replacement therapy, and maintaining appropriate timely documentation including care plans;
• Providing counseling to patients and loved ones for loss/change, depression, anger, post-traumatic stress disorder, and adjustment;
• Facilitating administration and interpretation of periodic quality of life (KDQOL) instrument for each patient;
• Administering crisis intervention;
• Addressing persistent abusive, disruptive, nonadherent, and/or other maladaptive responses to relational or environmental stressors;
The Clients
Patient Care Tech in Training (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INOctober 18, 2017
Start Dialysis Machines, Clean the Dialysis Machines. Weigh the Clients before and after Dialysis. Paperwork. Watching the Clients be ill with Dialysis. Talking with the Clients and making them smile
Stressful job
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seguin, TXOctober 18, 2017
It helps that I live close to work but the early mornings and long shifts takes a toll. I spend more time at work than at home with my family. Staff gets burned out.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short breaks
Fun work place
Team Leader Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 18, 2017
Fast paced with some slow times after shift change. Good patient to staff ratio. Learned a lot about dialysis and new research. Communication with management needed improvement. Worked well with co workers. Enjoyed working with the patients and co workers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management communication
fun place to work
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2017
Great company to work for. it is like any typical dialysis clinic but with a little twist. At the glendale clinic everyone is more of a family here, there is rarely a time it is quite on the treatment floor because the people inside interact more as a family.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 17, 2017
Validation of dialysis equipment and labeling of all parts on the peritoneal dialysis equipment; pump, reservoir, backplane board, and I/O board upgrades.
Office closed
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 17, 2017
It was a good place to work but did not pay well. the business office I was in closed because they opened a new office in Georgia and transferred everything down there without telling us that was the intent. we even trained them and didn't realize it was so they could take our jobs.
Typical work place
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2017
Typical work environment and production. The management are typical and taking care of the employee. Good place to work and learn. The most enjoyable part of the job got to cross train at other area
Treat patients with chronic renal failure
CCHT (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAOctober 12, 2017
You have to deal with poor management which also meant poor timing of patients being put on. There was favoritism in the workplace which led to poor morale.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management.
Great People and enjoyable workplace
Area Technical Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisOctober 12, 2017
This company has a high demand and high pace for it's biomedical team. They do not pay as well as other companies, but make up for it with support and training.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Sometimes over excessive workload
Innovative
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnsonville, SCOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed the opportunity for career advancement that FMC provided to me. Fresenius is a top performer in he dialysis world with a nice benefits package.
Great place to work if you don't mind working alot.
Dialysis Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 11, 2017
As with any job it has its ups and downs, I've had a lot of positive experiences working here but it's hard to maintain a work/life balance when they expect you to give them all your free time.
Stressful
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 11, 2017
The job is easy to learn and understand, I just feel like the management treats their employees like robots and won't hire even though we're very short staffed. And when you express how you feel the manager would say "It's not that busy, people just need to work harder.."
Pros
Good benefits
Busy, busy, busy...
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLOctober 10, 2017
Greeting of patients at front desk, preparation of daily reports before 12 o'clock, answering and directing phone calls, assisting Director of Nursing and Social Worker in different assignments as needed. Preparing blood work set of tubes and documentation on Mondays and Tuesdays for weekly labs. Other assignments as requested by administration or nursing staff.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Underpaid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.