Fresenius Medical Care
1,125 reviews

Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

High demand, high stress environment.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 1, 2015
The day begins at 4-430 am, depending on your duties for this day. There is very little room for any error. You are on your feet 12-16 hrs a day.
stressful environment
PCT (Former Employee), WVApril 1, 2015
Pros: Pay wasn't bad and I enjoyed the patients.
Cons: Your lucky to get a lunch because others take an hour but yet you still get docked on ur time
Mangement shows favortism, PCT's are overworked and underpaid. They just want to fill a spot, don't care if you get sick and need to call out. Some nurses are scared to lift a finger. Your there at 4am and lucky if you leave before closing sue to call ins. Not for anyone with small children considering your at work more than you are home. It was way more aggravation then I wanted.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 30, 2015
As an employee at FMC, I enjoyed coming to work on a daily basis. I found the job challenging and rewarding. I also enjoyed my team that I worked with.
N/A
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), Middletown, DEMarch 30, 2015
I have gained very valuable skills during the time of my employment. Co-workers are always willing to share a multitude of information and helpful tips.
productive work place
Billing Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHMarch 29, 2015
Pros: 30 minute lunch
the company is a good company if you don't want to advance your carrer. I have learned alot but there is no room to grow up in the company.
Poor leadership
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 28, 2015
Ever changing priorities with little to no direction. Tactical environment.Poor management & leadership. No all hands update meetings your on a need to know basis only. Do as I say not as I do management and no accountability.
Management problem
Hemodialysis Nurse (Current Employee), Inglewood, CAMarch 28, 2015
They don't listen to the complaints of patient and employees.
Manager has favoritism
Big problem
They need to hire new manager with concerns
Fresenuis
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHMarch 26, 2015
I am was very excited to be working for the company when I first started. Then I quickly seen that if your are not Management's Pet you will not advance what so ever.
Worst Trainer and training program
Sr. Pharm Tech (Former Employee), North Chicago, IL.March 26, 2015
Pros: fair standard industry pay
Cons: unstructured training program, poor decision making
Unprofessional management. Fires new hires midway through a crammed 2 week training period if trainer does not like you personally. No objective determination whatsoever. There was no organization and structure in the training. Scheduled topics were postponed and rescheduled constantly. Trainer came in at the 2nd week saying she is not sure what topic to start on. 5-10% of the time was spent on talking about her (T.F) personal life or quirks of people working in the company Talks down and treats trainees as if they were children and makes asides when she does not approve of their answers. Expects "you people" to absorve and perform right away tasks with multiple step processes after explaining it mostly once (sometimes twice, rarely thrice) from new pharmacy system to go live in a weeks time. Keeps reminding trainees, fretting about it like its their fault. Inputs numbers for trainees to work on, that the system receives as errors further confusing trainees. Twice, she said she is confused and stopped solving the problem all together.She even had the training class re-key her incorrect qty computations of a product for 6K patients in the live system taking half a days training schedule. They need to have a review and oversight team look into this trainer and her training program.
okay place to work
PCT (Former Employee), MichiganMarch 25, 2015
Pros: patient care
Cons: pay, expensive insurance, short breaks, 16 hour days!!
Worked as a PCT for about 8 months. Pay is decent if you don't have insurance for you AND a dependent. Very expensive insurance.... took almost 300 dollars out of my checks so I would be broke all the time. Employees were know it alls and hovered too much. Manager was not available as much as she should have been. Being up at 3 and 4 am wasn't fun either. The only things I liked about the job was cannulation and getting to know the patients and taking care of them. Didn't get 40 hours per week either! I hated dealing with machine problems and computer problems (which was CONSTANT!!!) Also didn't like having to learn the water room. Great job for you if you like babysitting bc some patients are way too needy and rude on a daily basis.
Fast paced stressful enviornment.
Patient Electronic Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Excellent work schedule, and location
Cons: Micro managing, and Poor pay
The positions was a great position, it was managment, and poor compensation that made me unhappy with the job. I would not recommend this job to anyone , until managment is changed.
Enjoyed training, educating patients.
Home Therapy Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Panama City, Pensacola, Ft. Walton, FLMarch 22, 2015
Pros: decent pay, insurance, mileage reimbursement.
Cons: retaliation without consequences.
Enjoyed training, educating patients.
Big turn over in upper management. In three years, 3 upper managers.
Lower management are bullies.
Its an okay place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Warrenton, VAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: some patients are very sweet and enjoyable to be around.
Cons: not enough pay. drastic changes within the healthcare field
Work is extremely fast paced and often tends to be very stressful. Not always a team oriented environment. Many of the patients are demanding and verbally abusive towards staff. Unable to take a day off due to being short staffed.
Long long days
Dialysis CCHT (Former Employee), Lewisburg, WVMarch 21, 2015
Pros: 3 day clinic
Cons: short breaks
Very hard work, very high pace!!! Some staff you can't get along with. Very long days! They have insurance dental, health, vision. Only three day clinic but work very long hours on those days. Wore out at the end of day. On your feet and running around the hole day.
Long hours and stressed workers
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), South FloridaMarch 20, 2015
Pros: some friendly patients
Cons: short breaks, long hours, non reliable employees
If you like waking up and being at work at 4am then go for it. When you're there for the 12-17 hour shifts you only get 2 30minute breaks and if you're not on them you better be on the floor working. You almost never get a chance to sit and get your composure. And if you have a not so positive team member, it makes your day all the worse. Pay is great and benefits are great. That is the only good thing about the job.
WARNING!!! Apply at your own risk!!!
hard worker for several years (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCMarch 19, 2015
Pros: paid vacations
Cons: management team, no reward for hard work, no respect
The Fresenius Rock Hill, SC distribution center is a VERY VERY stressful and hostile work environment!!! The mngmnt is really bad and uses preferential favoritism towards the picks and chooses! There's absolutely zero room for advancement and the selection process for promotions is bias AND UNFAIR! This facility is a true example of no moral, no respect for hard workers, and no appreciation! The mngr openly threatens jobs and bullies good employees out of the door! If you are a good worker you will definitely be made to feel less-than while working at the Rock Hill DC. Fresenius for the most part is a good company but the management team at this DC is a true DEBACLE! Pass it on!
They don’t hire temps on full-time.
Forlklift (Former Employee), Ogden, UTMarch 19, 2015
Pros: Very clean
Cons: They don’t hire temps on full-time
They don’t hire temps on full-time, The continual gossip and ridicule is the worst of any company I have ever worked for.
A place to work and learn new things
Assembler II (Current Employee), Concord, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: friendly people and learn new things
Cons: pay could be better
I have been with the company for almost a year. I have moved up fast in the short time I have been here. I was hired as a Assembler II and started off building sub-assemblies. I now work on the assembly line and am still moving up and learning new things. I start work at 6 AM and we have a morning meeting and then its off to work. I will get the paperwork that I need for the day and then start my day. Management works with you if you need to take your kids to the Dr or if you need time off they will work with you. Co-workers are great and they help out as much as they can. I really dont have a hard time at work I always am a happy go lucky guy. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am helping people and saving their lives.
Benefits / Opportunitty of Growth
PAR/Billing Group (Current Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 18, 2015
I am in this company for about 7 years and it is the only job that I feel stable. I'm proud to work with this company because it gave me the opportunity of improvement as a Registered Nurse.
Productive and fun work place
Machine operator/Alternate Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Ogden, UTMarch 18, 2015
Pros: paid lunch hour
Cons: short breaks
Typical day at work has always been fun and busy

Team work is essentials

Management seemed busy seeking on how to keep the place a safest work environment for everyone, innovation, productivity,and team works.

Co-workers are fun

The hardest part of the job is waiting until the process is done and the most enjoyable part of the job is doing what is expected of us to do to ensure that we're making safe and the best quality products for our customers satisfaction.

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Salaries