Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,447 reviews matching the search
Excellent place to work.
Ultracare RN 11, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MS 39301May 17, 2016
Fresenius medical care is a professional organization that strives to provide the best services possible for their dialysis patients and staff. This company excels in providing the best health care experience for their staff and patient.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Having to be at work at 5am
Horrible management
Production/Forklift driver. (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 14, 2016
Worked here for 4 years before I finally got out. Management was the worst I've ever had to deal with. Lots of politics going on in this place. Best bet is to not even try because eventually they'll get sick of giving you benefits and let you go anyways.
Dialysis Medical Center
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 12, 2016
Assist many patients needs, set up tear down and connect patients for treatment, kind and friendly atmosphere most days
Exhausting
RN (Former Employee) –  Youngstown-Warren ARS, OHMay 12, 2016
This review is for the "Acute" program which covers Dialysis treatments in the hospital setting. There are several hospitals that are serviced. Most of the hospitals expect Dialysis to happen in an old patient room - space is tight, machines need connected to water outlets which either leak, or do not provide adequate water pressure at times. Very long, tiring shifts. Numerous patients needing treatments in both ICU and non-ICU setting, always late treatments added on that are impossible to get covered so you end up working 15-16 hrs, sometime more! Requires you to be on call overnight regularly - kidney doctors inconsiderate at times of holding a late add-on treatment that really could wait til next day. If you are covering call on a Sunday (do not normally schedule treatments on Sunday), undoubtedly, you will be out all day, at times covering non-emergent treatments. Some treatments in ICU can be 6-12 hrs for one treatment! Many delays incorporated into your day d/t patients having tests or procedures or transport setting you back an hour or more. Revolving door of non-compliant patients who choose to not go to their outpatient scheduled treatments and end up in Emergency then admitted which adds to the already long list of daily treatments. If your ideal job is staying at work with no definite quitting time, this is your job. Remember to pack yourself plenty of nourishment - you won't be seeing home any time soon!
Let down
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLMay 11, 2016
I have no words to describe how much this company has changed, It just to be the BEST dialysis company out there but they are going down hill, EVERYTHING its getting bad inside this company, what a shame.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
Short Breaks, Poor Management
great work place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 11, 2016
my day started at 4am ending sometimes at 8:30pm. breaks were very short and would be getting told we needed to be on time with returning to work. our day was sometimes 13-14HR shifts with 30 minute breaks. co-workers were great, as long as you were friends with them. I LOVE MY JOB!
Very fast paced
Registered Nurse - Team Leader/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCMay 10, 2016
Love the patients. Often short staffed. Work with a wonderful group of co-workers. Easy to get burned out due to staffing issues. Sometimes patients feel more like a number than an individual due to staffing. I have increased in knowledge CKD. I am motivated to share knowledge about what causes CKD with the surrounding community.
Productive fast paced but safe environment.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2016
A typical day at work in Dialysis involves safety measures.
First, check and test patient treating water to make sure it is safe to rinse and have a safe functioning Dialysis machine ready for the patients. Detailed orientated is a must for this.

I learned a lot in my experience in Dialysis, from the role of a PCT to interacting with people who are sick but have hope in life. And that is a beautiful thing to be involved in; helping others.
Pros
Health Care benefits.
Very professional and compassionate place to work.
Registered Nurse (Nocturnal Charge Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2016
Our typical day at work started with the complete assessment of every patient, we closed follow the labs and the evolution of each patient, we support that with continue rounds and monitoring. We are learning every day from our very capable staff and physicians. We perform our duties in a team work with nephrologists, charge nurse and manager with our one goal in mind, take care and offer our patient quality of life in this stage of the disease.
great place to work
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, NYMay 6, 2016
one of the best job i had.great pt . great management. takes very good care of there staff.my coworkers and i had some great time working together.this company this company is one of the biggest and best in dialysis community. It provides there staff with excellent training.
Outstanding job
RN Education Coordinator/Informaticist (Current Employee) –  Fishkill, NYMay 6, 2016
Excellent manager who supports her team 24/7. Job is very autonomous. Driving is required to multiple clinic locations on a regular basis.
fun workplace
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 5, 2016
R&D department is a good place to work. Concord location is good. Managers are helpful and professional. The test equipment is great.
Pros
free bagels
Cons
only 6 vacation days
I have a lot of experience and have fun working at Fresenius.
Yellow Belt & Green Belt Coach (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 5, 2016
With my experience I help a lot of my colleagues with advice.
I apply my Lean six sigma knowledge where I can. I facilitate multiple projects that are change requests by our supplier Fresenius Germany. The hardest part is the ever changing interpretation of the rules by quality systems, because when you start a new project that is similar usually the paperwork changes and increases which makes it hard to meet time lines.
I most enjoy working in small teams and helping other people that seek my advice. I do not mind to work 9 or 10 hours a day.
Pros
The company has frequent free lunches and celebrates their success with the employees.
Cons
Ever changing Quality System requirements. They are not at all trying to make it easy.
I am still employed at FMC
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 4, 2016
I would like room for growth and the opportunity to do so within a company in which i truly believe in. I would like to work for a company that values it's customers as well as its employees.
Preceptor/Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAMay 3, 2016
Management treated me very well. I came on board as a new technician. They made sure to train me well to help me become one of the best.
Pros
flexible, friendly staff
Cons
What you would expect in a corporate office setting.
Cash Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 3, 2016
Pleasant humble people.
Great rewarding job.
Great management
Easy job
Love the environment of the workplace.
Typical day is coming in getting down to work (taking breaks when needed) and getting the job done. Work the eight hours and making sure all goals have been met for the day. Working over at the end of the month when required to be an efficient team.
Pros
Great location
Productive and fun place to learn new things.
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 3, 2016
My typical day at work would be coming in early morning set up machines and wait patiently for my patients to come in. I loved interacting with my patients they told me a lot of stories. I actually learned a lot from them as well. My coworkers always had me laughing and thats one of the reasons why i loved coming to work, it was never a dull moment. The only hard part of my job was getting a call that one of our loving patients has passed away. Those calls made me really cherish my life and to stay healthy.
Overall good place to work
Hemo Dialysis Technician/ Dialysis Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 2, 2016
I was a PCT/ DA. I would switch between roles as needed and enjoyed the patients, pace and work. The two problems were from the nurses and management. When I took on the extra job duties as a DA I was refused a raise. Your patients get put on and taken off last unless your friends with the nurses.
Pros
Loved my patients, easy job
Cons
Management, nurses
They are number one in their industry!
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLApril 29, 2016
A typical day is managing four patients during their hemodialysis treatments with the support of a registered nurse at one time. Then getting ready for the next set of four clients.
Pros
Large company with decent benefits.
Cons
Not much room for advancement unless you seek to enhance your education.
Not for someone with a family
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 29, 2016
clock in at 5:30 am, sometimes stayed until 9:30 pm, to clock in at 5:30 am the next day; management didn't seem to care about the long hours and wouldn't bother getting any help for the obviously overwhelmed nurses
Pros
helping dialysis patients
Cons
long hours, poor management

Fresenius Medical Care Reviews by Location