Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care Employer Reviews

just enough to get by
social worker (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILDecember 8, 2014
This company makes millions, but on the backs of the workers who are very dedicated. The made 7 billion last year and ccht's make about 13 dollars an hour. They work harder than anyone else in the company.
Dialysis Unit
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Township of Galloway, NJDecember 5, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: pay scale not compareable with other companies
• Daily office functions, including filing, copying, and responding to incoming calls.
• Purchase and inventory medication for the unit.
• Purchase supplies for the daily operations of the dialysis unit.
• Perform payroll and personnel administrative functions, such as personnel records.
• Run weekly and monthly reports.
• Create new patient charts and audit current patient charts.
• .Patient scheduling including; treatments, vascular access appointments, blood work, transportation, travel and any other appointments as needed.
• Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable functions and responsibilities
• Develop Patient Education
• Work hand in hand with human resources
• Weekly and monthly schedules for staff
• Keep track of patients medications/schedules/appointments
This company offers great entry level positions.
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 3, 2014
This company's typical work day can be described as any normal call center work day.
I loved my job, but learned that job security is rare
Receptionist (Current Employee), OhioDecember 2, 2014
Pros: flexible, great management, wonderful coworkers, great benefits
Cons: workforce reduction
I absolutely loved my job, and all the people I worked with. I was able to implement my college education, as well as, expand my knowledge through new responsibilities and learning experiences each day. My only disappointment was losing the job I loved going to everyday due to workforce reduction.
Bad Experience
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Franklin, TNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: off on holidays and weekends
Cons: no growth, location and low pay
Do not work for this company, find another job doing insurance somewhere else
Great Company!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 1, 2014
Pros: excellant vacation time off
Cons: expensive healthcare
Typical day was very busy. My supervisor taught me more than just job skills and training. Fellow admin personnel were extremely dependable and knowledgable. There was not a difficult part of this job. Most frutiful experience was being taught the business aspect of a medical facility.
Short term contract position
Post Market Clinical Specialist (Former Employee), Waltham, MADecember 1, 2014
Pros: headquaters is in a beautiful location, ideal perks such as sports center with pool
Cons: n/a
Short term contract position.
Lots of work both in back logs and day to day activities.
Must be able to multitask, prioritize and work under pressure.
Great people to work with.
Registered Vascular Technologist PRN (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 25, 2014
Pros: good people to work with.
Cons: im prn so sometimes nor enough work.
Nice place to work. Good people to work with. Good management. Sometimes stressful but all places are. Sometimes cases take longer than expected. Alot of standing time in the procedure room. Great team to work with! Doctors are very nice and do great work. Great nurses. Clinic likes cross training between areas.
Great Place to Work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2014
Cons: my department is being shut down
Great work atmosphere
Laidback
Wonderful Management
co-workers are wonderful
you get to set your own schedule
I have learnded so much with this company
fresenius
Patient Services Coordinator and Team lead (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great co- workers
Cons: we have to use our own paid time off time for major holidays
mail order pharmacy for dialysis patients we process refill order forms being faxed or emailed to us
busy and stable
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), South Haven, MINovember 20, 2014
I learned the in and outs of dialysis, great patients and awesome staff. Miss working with the patients, the hardest part was transferring so i could be closer to home. the policy are very clear and precise
I worked here for 10 years. Pay increased 4 $ during that time. Management has no reguard for pt. ALL about $$. HORRIBLE PLACE. SO sorry for pt's.
pct/ ward clerk (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILNovember 19, 2014
Horrible place to work. They don't pay well. Its all about getting the pt in and out to make the company more money.
Competitive workplace
Certified Dialysis Technician / Patient Care (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: continual change in managment
The most enjoyable part of my job is the impact I can have on others that are possibly in the hardest situations mentally,physically,and emotionally of their lives. Being a positive influence and emotionally supportive during these times is the most fulfilling part of my job. We begin each day very early and work long hours,but at the end of each day it is rewarding to be a part of having an impact on someone else's life however small of large the impact may be. The hardest part of my job is at times the passing of our patients ,as they become like a part of our family. I have learned that each day brings learning and new and better ways to improve in all we strive to become.
Stressful
poor working environment
no on was happy
Very Rewarding work
Hospital Service Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 17, 2014
Pros: lots of extra percs
Cons: there was nothing for
Able to climb the ladder of success with ease. I really enjoyed working for this company.
Positive caring health care professionals
Renal Social Worker (Former Employee), New Bern, NCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: working in scrubs or professional clothing.
Cons: early mornings.
Even though the day started very early, the team was always upbeat for the patients. There was genuine care and respect for the patients and their families.
I learned that I love doing Medical social work and wish I had never left that company.
patients are great but management is sorely lacking
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Dunn, NCNovember 16, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits, and decent hours
Cons: stressful environment, obvious predjudice toward male staff members, and distrust of outsiders
I have worked for this company for a total of 17 months and the company as a whole is good but the clinic I work for is sorely lacking in the proper training of it's employees. Employees are expected to live up to exacting standards without knowing the slightest degree of what exact policies and procedures will be enforced solely on them or the clinic staff as a whole. There is a slight sexist bias toward the female gender for employment.
Dialysis
Compliance Technician/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Portland OregonNovember 15, 2014
FMC was fun to work for and taught me a lot about dialysis and plenty of great skills that with only better my life. Just remember mangers go on vacation during tech appreciation week. :-)
Was a fine place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2014
Some Managers were not professional and few were good. The pay was average, the quality of life was poor.
no chance to grow unless a nurse
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Vancouver, WANovember 14, 2014
no chance to advance in company unless a nurse. good compensation and benefits

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Photos