Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,663 reviews matching the search
Louisville South Cums Lane RUN AWAY
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2017
The absolute worst manager in a healthcare facility in my 15 + years. Shes at the clinic at most 3-4 hours a day. She talks about other employees in front of the patients. She lacks consistency, follow through, and competency in skills required to perform the job. The attrition rate is absolutely ridiculous and directly related to her incompetence. The most senior RN has been there less then 3yrs. This manager is "protected" by the area director. All these issues have been brought to the attention of the area manager multiple times without any change. Thus, we believe they are related. This manager reflects poorly on Fresenius as a company.

Recap: manager causes huge turn over. area manager supports her. Don't waste your time with crums lane
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Management compensation advancement
Hard work, very dedicated, and detail oriented.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Work for long hours 3 to 4 days a week. from 10 to 16 hour shifts.
Helping patients feel comfortable and taken care of. Make sure patients receive appropriate treatment and are well informed about their conditions.
never sure if you had a job from one day to the next
Payment Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2017
Started out as a great place to work. But soon learned that the main people in the main office was always trying to fight with management and that caused a lot of problem with staff.
sold our section without a word and only took a few to new location. other employees had a days notice.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no job security, employss tearted bad
Favoritism, your typical "good 'ol boys network"
Collections Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 8, 2017
It's all about who you know if you want to move up in the company, with that being said a lot of inexperienced idiots are promoted to leadership positions. Don't get me wrong, it's a great company but as usual management keeps morale low.
Pros
You can learn a great deal
Cons
Favoritism, low pay, mediocre benefits.
I have worked in a Manufacturing facility in Concord
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Employees treated very unfairly. Employees are over working underpaid. You're not able to advance in a company unless you are friends and family of the upper management. They have procedures that they don't follow. The morale in a company is very poor. The company has let go and lost very good employees due to the poor management there.
Pros
Cons
Treat the production Personnel unfairly
Esrd
Primary Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2017
A typical work day consisted of starting work at 5 am and off at 5 pm. I worked Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I learned about ESRD (End Stage Renal Disease). My co-workers for the most part were decent. A few needed some social skills, but that is every job. The hardest part of the job was the hours. The most enjoyable part of job is the relationship I got to develop with my patients, being able to grow and learn with them was a very rewarding part of the job.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Crazy hours
Fun workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Awesome people, good environment. But you need to be good on your initials and dates when you ever had a mistake or you missed to put your one straight line on the area that you want to cross out on your paper work, then you will get s warning from your manager or supervisor.
They are really strict on documents, its because you are responsible for any problems on the every medical device that you are working on. So they will find whoever made mistakes if ever a cycler is not working properly.
Pros
Lots of OT's
Cons
Mandatory on weekends
Area Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJanuary 6, 2017
Worked there for 28+ years.
Advanced from Unit Secretary to Area Administrative Assistant.
Pay was good.
Benefits were good.
Flexible with time off.
Pros
good pay, flexible
Cons
terminated without reason
Productive workplace
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSJanuary 6, 2017
I learned alot here with a love and respect for what I was certified to do. Co- workers are team players. Great management.
Pros
exciting place to work
Cons
death
I love working for Fresenius under the right management
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  ChathJanuary 5, 2017
Fresenius has a lot to offer! Great benefits and more. Under the right management Fresenius will help you build your career and help you succeed if you are willing to accept what Fresenius has to offer
Cons
Hours can be cut short if not enough patients
Company is very understanding and willing to train
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, MIJanuary 5, 2017
I enjoyed the patients as well as the Management Staff and Co-workers. Everyone was kind and willing to help!! This is a very rewarding place to work. If I could find an opening in my new area I would definitely re-apply.
Pros
Execellent Work Hours
Cons
Long Work Hours(13+)
Enjoyed taking care of my patients
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSJanuary 5, 2017
This was a very sad job due to the nature of the patient condition. Patients were there because they were in kidney failure. I had awesome co-workers. hardest part of the job was when a patient expired.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
You have to work on your own a lot without direction. You work with a few smart and dedicated staff in different areas.
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 5, 2017
Company was growing but management was extremely poor in many areas and departments. However the work / projects always seemed to get done and problems got fixed due to some dedicated and hard working staff. A lot of management openly displayed favoritism. Office politics was obvious. Management skills are clearly lacking, as shown in how poorly they plan for some projects, and the lack of professionalism and people skills.

IT department was becoming dominated by a certain ethnic group, with some workers being knowledgeable and experienced, but the majority are not so you have to wonder how they ever got hired in the first place. A lot of the staff in a certain ethnic group are not helpful even if they were on your own team.

Often times you work on projects and applications without any help or input from management because a lot of the managers are clueless. You don't get any recognition for your hard work, or the knowledge and experience gained from the hard work, or the long hours worked. Only the management get the recognition for your hard work. Don't plan on any advancement opportunities or training unless you are one of management's favorites.

You're lucky if your incompetent manager leaves you alone so you can do your work in relative peace.

The company used to be a relatively good place to work at. But in recent years it has become pretty demoralizing to work there.
Pros
If you're motivated and resourceful you learn a lot on your own. Nice office building in Waltham, pretty views of the reservoir.
Cons
Incompetent management, no recognition for your hard work, no advancement or training opportunities, long work hours to get work done due to poor management planning, benefits have gone down, heavy traffic due to lots of office parks in the area.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 3, 2017
Focuses on patient care by ensuring proper techniques are performed in peritoneal dialysis. Co-workers are great! Lots of information to learn. You are able to build a patient-nurse relationship allowing effective communication and compliance from the patient.
Pros
Able to learn a lot and to perform hands on nursing
Cons
Patient no longer able to do peritoneal dialysis and goes to hemodialysis
Fun and highly demanding job.
Permanent Employee (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 3, 2017
Company job is a high demanding and fast pace work. Great people to work with from co-workers to managers. Gained experience in multiple computer systems.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Felt rush all day.
Great work experience
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 3, 2017
12 hour shift schedule. Commute was not ideal. Parking was good. Co-workers were very helpful. Excellent benefits package. Uniforms provided.
Great place to work!
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 2, 2017
Typical day at work.

Responsible for all phases of the patient billing process including collecting current insurance information, posting charges, collecting & posting patient payments.

What you learned.

I the different between the insurance claims. what covered and what's not covered.

Your co-workers.

I worked with a group of wonderful people.

The hardest part of the job.

Explaining what the Insurance cover.

The most enjoyable part of the job

Working in a friendly environment.
Pros
Uses time skills effectively
Cons
Half hour lunch breaks.
I would not recommend this place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 2, 2017
Ran like a prison, you are monitored on the phone, your computer, your breaks and lunches. Your name appears on TV's through out the building when you are not at your desk. The point system is the craziest I have ever heard. I course points are given when you call out or arrive late. But you get points for returning from lunch late, if you need to leave early or request off without giving at least 48hr notice and the points last for a year. Your holidays are including with your PTO. You must use PTO to have a holiday off when working for the pharmacy. I have never seen such a controlling place in my life. The reviews I read were telling the truth.
Pros
Clocking out
Cons
No holiday pay and 30 minute lunches in such a busy location
Long Hours
Acute Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 1, 2017
If you work in the acute setting the hours can be very long and tiresome. Sometimes the physicians would order a stat treatment that wasn't necessary. This position is fine for someone who doesn't mind long hours (lots of over time available), being autonomous, and likes to work alone. I did not like the long hours of not knowing when I was going home.
Pros
Pay, benefits, training, autonomy
Make it temporary
Industrial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Oregon, OHJanuary 1, 2017
The company has poor management, poor communication, and long work hours can be expected. The raises are very poor, advancement is poor. There are benefits, but the medical benefits are minimal and expensive.
Pros
It pays the bills
Cons
Just about everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Fresenius Medical Care Reviews by Location