Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care Employer Reviews

Highlighted work responsibilities
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMay 6, 2014
Run acute care dialysis day units. Hospital to hospital rotation between Bronson, Borgess, Oaklawn and PIPP. Initiate and monitor pt through hemodialysis treatments. Administer medication and submit billing to head office. Set-up unit and follow up with outpatient units.
Current Employee
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMay 4, 2014
Cons: hours
Management sucks, the hours suck, the work load sucks, the nurses and some of my co-workers are amazing...The patients make it all worth it
Fresenius Medical Care
PERSONAL ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 3, 2014
Pros: unlimited overtime
Cons: office closed
Working for fresenius was great, unlimited over time year round. Unfortunately the office closed.
Very happy here
Renal Dietitian (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaMay 1, 2014
Pros: ongoing education, great staff
Cons: took a pay cut from the ltc environment (but still feel it's worth it)
I am a renal dietitian, coming back to dialysis after years doing other types of dietitian work. I have wanted to come back to dialysis and looked for a long time for a position. So far, my experience at Fresenius has been excellent. They do a very thorough training and you NEVER feel alone as there are many other dietitians to help guide you and provide – more... phone and email contact. A lot of the staff I meet here have been here forever. I enjoy working with the patients. They are a challenging patient population and you will have to draw upon all your past knowlege of clinical dietetics as well as psychology, counseling and coaching. You work very closely with the nursing and MD staff as well as social workers. If you like a challenge and using your brain, you will never stop learning here. The pay is quite good, not as high as LTC but the benefts offered through this company were a lot better than at my last job. I feel valued as a professional. Finally, the flexibility is outstanding. I have been able to set hours that work with my life/work balance and it's perfect. – less
place to learn more and have oppurtunities
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: long hours
Fresenius Medical Care was a great place to grow and learn more
Great place to learn about Supply Chain
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee), Kenosha, WIApril 28, 2014
Outstanding organization that cares about the patients. I have learned about warehouse operations, DOT guidelines, lean six projects, many leadership classes. My co-workers are fun caring people that ensures patients are treated with respect.
acute dispatch office
Acute Dispatch Coordinator (Current Employee), East Providence, RIApril 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: temporary position
overall good place to work for. management is fine. most enjoyable part is helping people. hardest part is this is temporary position, so job is not secure.
WORK
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2014
8-5
work
work
leaving at the end of the day
work hard for the money
CCHT
Pct (Former Employee), DelawareApril 23, 2014
Pros: they will train
Cons: no time with family, hours 5am-5pm 1/2 hour break, hostile cenvironment .
This is a terrible company. I hv been here for two years with an 11cent raise. My life is on the line daily, patients can be out of control and management doesnot care about there employes at all. Great place to get assistance getting licensed. Terrible company to work for. Unless you have a friend in upper management.
Job
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits and friendly co-workers
Cons: i like working overall so no cons.
A typical day at work is I come to work 15 mins early every shift, When it is time for me to come to work I prepare the clients for their treatment and after their treatment I weight them. I learned that it is not just about your liver or kidney, it can be multiple issues with the client.
Good
SAP BODS Developer (Current Employee), Waltham, MAApril 22, 2014
Work Place is really good and well suited for all the workers
FMCNA offers and encourages continuous career growth and will be there to help you master the skills and challenges you’ll need for the future.
Strategic Category Manager (Current Employee), Waltham, MAApril 20, 2014
Through our leading network of more than 2,100 dialysis facilities in North America and our vascular access centers, laboratory, pharmacy and affiliated hospitals and nephrology practices, Fresenius Medical Care provides renal services to hundreds of thousands of people throughout the United States, Mexico and Canada. We are also the continent's top – more... producer of dialysis equipment, dialyzers and related disposable products and a major supplier of renal pharmaceuticals. – less
Work Good, Schedule Not
Biomedical Technician Level II (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 20, 2014
Pros: bendfits
Cons: work schedule
Worked as a Biomed Tech for many years. The job itself is great and the company encourages career advancement. Perks include great medical benefits, vacation, and tuition reimbursement. Work schedule really bad though. Expect to work many nights and weekends.
good place to work over all
Bio-Med Technician (Current Employee), Ashland,KyApril 19, 2014
Good place to start as a Bio-Med tech Good job over all Pay could be better for the responibilty .
Flexible Manager
Patient Account Representative Duties (Current Employee), Louisville, KY 40223April 17, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: unorganized, lack of communication
Good environment. Have been there long enough to build strong relationships with co-workers. Team oriented.
Not Recommended
. (Former Employee), Westchester, ILApril 16, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: everything
Boring job and management is not fun to work with. IT dept is very behind and makes you doing your job very difficult. The 401k company match is only made at end of year, so if you leave before then, you lose out!
Modern facility
Senior Engineer, Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Waltham, MAApril 16, 2014
Pros: commute
Cons: medical benefits
Additional focus on CAPA process. Assisting in improving processes
Stressful and drama filled job place
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), Berwyn, ILApril 14, 2014
Meaningful job but greatly underpaid for the amount of stress I am put under
Excellent Teamwork. High work place morale
Sr. Patient Account Receivables - Cash Posting (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 12, 2014
Pros: health care, 401k, paid time off
Cons: constant deadlines
A typical day at work consisted of review of prior day's productivity. Proritizing daily duties and setting a goal and time frame to have them completed. Optimistically communicating goals and expectations to the department.
Good environment to work in.
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Augusta, GeorgiaApril 11, 2014
Pros: uninterrupted lunch breaks.
Cons: low pay, and little chance of moving up.
Get to work and set up dialysis equipment for patients coming in that morning. Get patients in with the hemodialysis catheters, connect them to dialysis machine and collect blood if ordered. Then assist with the other patients. Give medications to the patients through their hemodialysis port. Write care plans on patients and write on treatment forms – more... during their treatment, checking blood pressure and pulse. Get pre and post weights. Get 1st group of patients off dialysis machine and clean machines and bring afternoon group of patients in to start their treatments.
I learned how to operate a dialysis machine.
Management was good, clinical manager would come out and help most days.
Coworkers worked together as a team.
The hardest part of the job was working with blood and blood products.
The most enjoyable part of the job was friendliness of the people in the clinic, including patients and staff. – less

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Photos