Fresenius Medical Care
1,102 reviews

Fresenius Medical Care United States Employee Reviews

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Inglewood CaFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks poor management
Poor management since I got promoted the amount of work load is overwhelming. Basically don't have my full 30 min lunch breaks without the employees and patients interrupting my lunch break. I do 4 roles in this company Manager, secretary, clerk and social worker.
For profit company, not concerned with staff satisfaction or support
registered nurse (Former Employee), kansas city, moFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: salary equal with similar positions with other companies
Cons: see review
understaffed, overworked staff, no staff support, clinical managers brown nose the patient techs and vise versa, and belittle their RN's to patients and technicians
I enjoy the team I work with
Principle Associate Regulatory Operations (Current Employee), Waltham, MAFebruary 18, 2015
Fresenius has a good work life balance. I am very lucky to have a wonderful group of people to work with. The salaries are fair, however, the benefits and time off are not up to par with other companies in the industry.
Dealing with patients
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) (Former Employee), Independence, MOFebruary 17, 2015
I enjoy helping people enjoy a happy and healthy life. The hardest part of the job is losing the people I take care of, But on a plus I enjoy watching them receive a kidney and being able to live a life close to normal.
Contract Instructional Designer (Former Employee), WalthamFebruary 17, 2015
Great team of people in the CLPD department. I would highly recommend this group. A great bunch of talented people. I was a contractor, and if given the chance, I would go back in a heart beat.
Very good place to work
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee), Fairhope, ALFebruary 16, 2015
My typical day is ongoing case management of our dialysis patients. Our patients are able to live a life at home, or at a nursing home, and attend treatment 3 times weekly, 4 hours each tx. I provide ongoing supportive counseling, encouragement, and offer much needed community resources. The most enjoyable part of my job, is to be able to bring a smile to a patient's face.
The hardest part of my job, is whenever I cannot find a solution to a patient's issue. My c-workers are all very pleasant , as team approach is of upmost importance.
n/a
volunteer (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2015
it was just a volunteer job for my mother and her company. doing the summertime she ask me if i wanted to volunteer for her company
Great experience
Clinic Manager (Current Employee), Irvington, NJFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Working for the best renal care company in the wolrd has given me the experience and confidence I need to make it in any healthcare setting.
Decent place to work
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Decent place to work. Nice co-workers. No room for improvement or moving up within the company unless you become a registered nurse. Will cut hours if patient census is below par.
Could be worse
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: business model
This is an organization that is constant in change. Restructure is the name of the game. They cannot seem to grasp the needs of the health community with the bottom line.
Leading provider of hemodialysis services and products, which takes caring fpr patients & staff seriously, and encourages self improvement and growth.
Hospital Services Specialist (Former Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 6, 2015
During my time working with Fresenius Medical Care, I was given the opportunity to work alongside many management staff that encouraged me to grow within the Company, and I was entrusted many times with newly created positions, and a pilot program for an admissions program within the State of NJ.

Working with the individual clinic staff was the most rewarding part of my career, and having been able to assist the clinic patients daily was a pleasure that I treasure to this day.

Through the many years working for this company I was afforded many training programs, and encouraged by management to enhance my skills.
Clean workplace
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Loris, SCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: pto and insurance
Cons: overworked and underpaid
Mangement shows favortism, PCT's are overworked and underpaid. Only worried about filling a spot, don't care if you get sick and need to call out. Some nurses scared to lift a finger.
Pretty Bad
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: patient interaction
Cons: management
Very money driven at the risk of others lives. long hours, 15 - poor management, cliqueie and very unsafe nurses, high turnover
Bio Medical Tech (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEFebruary 4, 2015
Very rewarding place to work at. Fresenius provides a person with all the training and skills needed to perform the job to the best of your abilities. Good management and co workers.
Strong nation wide company with great benefits and compensation
RN team leader (Current Employee), port royal scFebruary 4, 2015
It has been a pleasure working with the Fresenius family. Staff and patients are more than that, they become family. Policies are consistent and there is much opportunity to grow with this company as an employee and person.
Good company with excellent manager
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee), Spokane Valley, WAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great management, excellent salary and benifits.
Cons: working with patients at the end of thier lives and constant loss of patients due to death.
A positive envirnoment with good team of staff able to work together. We monitor and assess hemodialysis patients pre/post and during treatments. There is a technician for every 4-5 patents that initiate and coordinate with RN for their care. RN cares and monitors and supports plan of care for each patient. I enjoy working with staff in a team approach and getting to know and develop a caring relationship with patients and staff. The hardest part is the constant change in patient load and reorganizing the day as changes arise. Ei. change in patient conditions, no shows, and reorganizing staff/patient loads.
Great Company
patient admissions (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COFebruary 4, 2015
love the people, managers ten to show favorites , pay well but no enough for the micromanagers. holidays off and set shift
Great Company
patient admissions (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COFebruary 4, 2015
Strict atmosphere,decent pay, bonuses.cliquish mentalities
CVO (Former Employee), Tyler, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: holiday activities are great and the bonus always good.
Cons: unfriendly attitude toward new people, cliquish enviornment
This is an office full of women, before I left they had hired 2 men. Majority of women in the office have petty attitudes,very "cliquish"" environment at times. The company has great benefits, you can take you lunch break between the hours of 11 am -1pm.The Tyler office is very successful in their performance for the quarters and receives very good bonus. The other down side to the Tyler location is that the office is very strict, the Director is an overachiever in taking on more clinical work and the staff is mental and physically ready to handle, and they could pay the floor staff more the cap limit of $13.00 on the floor. She pushes the staff to their limits. Communication is good between supervisors and staff.
Everyone is there to do their part.
Morale, welfare, recreation
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: healthcare benefits
Cons: on-call
I thrive in a team work environment were everyone works hard to accomplish the tasks at hand. like to work within a strong and fair management group. These things were missing at the job.

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Salaries