Fresenius Medical Care

1.5K reviews

Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,293 reviews matching the search
Team Oriented
Experienced Registered Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 29, 2015
I had a very good experience with Fresenius Medical Care. I worked with some great co-workers and really enjoyed the interaction with the clients.
Great Company
Regulatory and Compliance Technician (Current Employee) –  Blairs, VAOctober 29, 2015
I took over the job of regulatory and compliance, I feel that I did a great job with it. I had five clinics and 3 hospitals that I had to get up to standards with OSHA
Patient Care Technician
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Delhi, LAOctober 26, 2015
Loved all of the patients that were involved with this company. Long hours and good pay. No extra time for family. This company had great benefits and polite staff. Wish they had more room for advancement.
Pros
10 hour shifts
Cons
Work every weekend
Learned about the importance of hemodialysis for patients and the process required to keep these patients healthy.
SECRETARY I - HAWAII RESIDENCY PROGRAM (Former Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HIOctober 26, 2015
Typical day at work included processing essential paperwork for patients to other nursing facilities, coordinating dialysis treatments for traveling patients, logging, filing, preparing documents. Management/co-workers helpful. Difficult part of job was having to deal with some nursing staff who were arrogant/rude. Best part was getting to know the patients personally.
Pros
Overall friendly workplace with staff willing to assist with questions i had.
Cons
Dealing with arrogant staff.
productive
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, ohioOctober 26, 2015
Very content, and strong foundation. Extremely competitive, and innovative. Well known throughout the country, and abroad. Very knowledgeable in the nephrology community.
Pros
Vacation & Job security
Cons
Improvement in customer & employee satisfaction.
Healthcare
ELECTRONIC PATIENT INTAKE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2015
The workplace environment is a place that requires various multi tasking skills. One must be able to handle inbound and outbound call volumes. Interaction with various levels of management, doctors, social workers, and patients.
okay place to work, depends on the clinic you work in
Tech (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INOctober 26, 2015
I like my job, the staff at some of the clinics, leaves a lot to be desired though. Some of the management is horrible, if you can float around to other clinics and not be tied down to one specific clinic, then I think it would be a much better experience.
Pros
hours, PTO
Cons
some of the staff, some of the management
Typical day at work
Temp to Permanent Employment (Former Employee) –  Ocala,October 26, 2015
I worked in the Collections dept, Billing dept, Cash Posting dept and Admissions. I called Insurance companies for payments, Billed Claims, Posted payments and Set up accounts for Patients.
Great Place to work
Patient Care Technician/Dialysis Center (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 25, 2015
I just wish they had shift work, Very long days. This company is a very good place to work they provide really good training before letting you go on your own.
A great place to work overall!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 25, 2015
Working in the clinic setting was most enjoyable to me because I really got t know my patients on a more intimate level because they were with us so frequently through the week. They became like my second family.
nice place to work
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAOctober 24, 2015
people are nice and german company has a very human culture especially in the IT section. culturely diversified and definitely good life and work balance place
Pros
nice people around
Cons
not paid high
Trained as a Biomed Tech-1, inventory control, purchasing and RO system.
Biomed Tech-1, Inventory, Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 23, 2015
Maintained two dialysis centers and four hospital acute units. Biomed Tech-1 serviced, trouble shoot and ran daily, weekly and monthly preventive maintenance schedules on dialysis machines, chemical delivery system and RO water system. Daily, weekly and monthly disinfected machines, delivery system and RO water system. Kept patients safe and on schedule at all times. Serviced the facility and kept up log books Fresenius and the State of Texas safety procedures and regulations. Trained in inventory control, purchasing and shipping & receiving. Lowered expenses through inventory control monthly. When inventory figures were finalized I put them into the computer. Fresenius uses the SAP computer program. Conducted weekly and monthly inventory. Ordered stock weekly and received shipments weekly.
Pros
Good training and benefits.
Cons
Fresenius ended my position.
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater, TNOctober 23, 2015
I loved this job. Best job I've ever had. I had some home-life issues that caused a lot of work issues. Management had their own "clique" and if they didn't like you, forget working out in your job.
Pros
benefits, patients, experience
Cons
management
Productive and good work place
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAOctober 22, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics , but this is expected for a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
long hour low wages
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAOctober 22, 2015
long hour low pay. no work home balance. Enjoyed patient tech relationship. Wish management was more supportive. too many bosses in one place. no stability in schedule.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
short breaks
Productive workplace with complete autonomy
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 22, 2015
I would describe a typical day at FMC starting with checking on multiple patients admitted to the 3 hospitals covered in the Lafayette area. After receiving reports on the patients, as a charge nurse, I would delicate patients to other FMC acute dialysis nurses. Before calling a patient to the dialysis unit, I would set up and test the machines needed to dialyze the patients. Before dialysis I would check labs and orders regarding the specific patient. Communication with the doctors regarding patients was a daily routine. Being a acute RN at FMC has taught me to be more autonomous in my daily routines as a nurse. An acute dialysis nurse is independent when dialyzing patients in the units. Patients are brought to the dialysis unit and are 2 patients to 1 nurse. I would also go to ICU and dialyze patients 1 on 1 because of the critical state they were in. The hardest part of my job would have to be trouble shooting the machine. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be getting to watch patients recover from acute kidney failure and return to normal daily activities. I also enjoyed having a bond with the chronic dialysis patients that would be admitted to hospital.
a typical workplace
CCHT (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 21, 2015
I love my job far as my patients because there are so many different stories to tell, and there is a patient bond between you and that patient. I am a people person so thats why i can relate to this job. Other than that the pay sucks and all they worry about is there tap not the quality care of the patients.
Pros
Get to meet different people
Cons
Not enough hours
A very hard, stressful yet rewarding career
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIOctober 21, 2015
A typical day at work started at 4am and sometimes lasted between 12 and 16 hours. I learned to work under extreme pressure and stress. I learned management only cared about the bottom line and not the patients or employees. The hardest part was working understaffed in a fast-paced high stress environment. I enjoyed learning from my patients and the strong bond I formed with them.
Pros
3 day a week work schedule, a lot of paid time off, free flu shots
Cons
Early hours, understaffed
Caring company and patients come first
Administrative Assistant/ Office Mgr (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILOctober 21, 2015
This company is a very caring and loyal to their employees. Patient care always comes first and the nursing staff is on top of their duties.
Pros
Enjoyable staff team quality and family oriented.
Cons
Management at that time was confusing and not personable
Everyday is something different
Quality Systems Program Trainer (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 21, 2015
Variety in what I do each day, from tasks to new projects. New experiences working with lots of different people. I learn most from the colleagues that I work with day in and day out.