Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,664 reviews matching the search
Productive fast paced but safe environment.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2016
A typical day at work in Dialysis involves safety measures.
First, check and test patient treating water to make sure it is safe to rinse and have a safe functioning Dialysis machine ready for the patients. Detailed orientated is a must for this.

I learned a lot in my experience in Dialysis, from the role of a PCT to interacting with people who are sick but have hope in life. And that is a beautiful thing to be involved in; helping others.
Pros
Health Care benefits.
Great Place for Nurses!
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 20, 2017
Working for Fresenius is such a great place for nurses. Dialysis requires a very team-work approach to care that ensures quality care to all patients. The hours are good for nurses with only 10 hour shifts. Each nurse has technicians that assist with patient care.

A typical day at work involves assessing patients, cannulating fistulas, caring for dialysis catheters, passing meds, and charting. I’ve learned so much about kidney disease, blood pressure, and diabetes management from working in this area. Our management team is great and includes a manager and a charge nurse that are available at all times to help you with anything you may need.

The most enjoyable part of the job is forming a relationship with the patients that you see 3 days a week. The hardest part of the job is when you lose a patient.
Pros
2-30 minute breaks for breakfast and lunch
Overall good place to work
Hemo Dialysis Technician/ Dialysis Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 2, 2016
I was a PCT/ DA. I would switch between roles as needed and enjoyed the patients, pace and work. The two problems were from the nurses and management. When I took on the extra job duties as a DA I was refused a raise. Your patients get put on and taken off last unless your friends with the nurses.
Pros
Loved my patients, easy job
Cons
Management, nurses
very fast pace, underpaid job
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 4, 2016
on your feet anywhere from 9-16 hours
30 mins unpaid breaks
coworkers not helpful
shift change is the hardest part
best part is benefit package
raises are less than 10 cents
Pros
ability to tranfer nationwide
Cons
breaks to short no time for personal life if you work day shift
Poor Management
Hemodialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2016
I have worked for the company for almost 18 months and when there's a turn over in staff of 40% (nursing) that alone speaks volumes. Management has no backbone and allows staff especially pct's to dictate the shift with no respect to the CN & TL as well as their co-workers. But if you complain you are labeled a "trouble maker " & they will find a way to drive you out; by either scheduling you to open, close or both on every shift you work. It's almost impossible to get a day off and if you call-in sick they make your life miserable. Unless you are a favorite of management. This company has the best benefits out of any employer I have ever worked for, but at some point you have to decide if it's really worth the trade of being in a miserable work environment.
Pros
Best benefits in healthcare.
Cons
Poor Management, No communication, Techs treating Nurses like they are nothing even though they aren't the ones with a license
it was always a dream of mine to work as a dialysis nusre but I have found out that it isnt what I expected it to be.
Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rio Grande City, TXDecember 9, 2016
The hours are long; your co works expect to much although you are a new employee. Its a really stressful work environment. I would not recommend this job to a friend
Pros
The company pays well when it comes to overtime
Cons
The flexibility with this company is great for a single parent.
Renal Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 11, 2016
A typical day involved reviewing patients labs and discussing with patient. Reviewing patient medications and encouraging patient to follow diet, take meds and come to treatment regularly for optimal health.

I learned how to motivate people who had little to live for.

The challenge with management was turn-over with different people with different management styles, expectations and different levels of qualifications.

My coworkers were the best part of my job. Always nice to have camaraderie with peers.

The hardest part of the job was losing 20% of patients yearly.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the ability to get to know patients because they came to dialysis 3 days/week or twice a month.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay
Horrible place to work company does not look at you as a person just all about money and management never backs you
LPN (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 21, 2016
Loved my patients and most co workers morel is very high management sucks long hours benefits not all that great pay sucks and your raise is barely 25 cents per year
Pros
Cons
everything this place needs to staff animals cause they dont look at you as humans
Really big company
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 27, 2016
if you want to move up this isn't necessarily the place for you but job security is for sure. some clinics are better than others but for the most part each clinic is the same.
Pros
job security
Cons
LONG LONG LONG HOURS
Not a good place
Charge Nurse, LPn, Acute nurse, staff nurse.CM. (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 12, 2016
Poor management they have their favorites does not respect the team as a whole does not respect the RN's not enough time to safely and effectively do your job always putting other stuff on you and then want to you to get out on time poor scheduling management does not care about the employees the pay rate is poorer than any other dialysis facility around poor staff turnover always hiring new people and people always leaving does not recognize the people that are valuable to the company and that stay and do more above and beyond anybody else. Nobody gets written up no matter how many times they call in or they are not showing up for work or they are continuously late for work. So the practice continues its a circus.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Too many to list
A Diamond in the Rough...
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 30, 2016
I interviewed for a position at Fresenius Medical Care Midvale and my first impression was a GREAT one. Staff and management were nice, caring and professional. Briefly observing what the Nursing staff did, it was very obvious that each one of them were proud to deliver compassionate patient care to many southern Arizonians afflicted with end stage renal disease. The manager was kind, gracious and thoughtful during my interview process. Unfortunately, I had to decline my job offer due to an unforeseen situation. My hats off to the staff and management team at Fresenius Medical Care Midvale - you are all a diamond in the rough!
Great Benefits
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 11, 2016
Poor management at my location. Could do better with hiring qualified employees in upper positions. Starting pay could be bette over all.

Typical work day is very busy on MWF days. We treat approximately 60 patients on these days.

I am constantly learning something new in dialysis.

Management is awful. No backbone and there hasn't been much positive change. It is not a pleasant clinic to work at.

Hardest part of my job is shift changes. The new scheduling system has not been implemented and it went into effect September of 2015.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to laugh and have fun with my patients despite their illness. We have a good time during treatment. My goal for them is to have a successful stress free treatment and not go home exhausted.
benefits
Cons
poor management
good compensation and benefits
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  MSJuly 5, 2016
Good company to work for. Good support, and benefits. Training opportunities' and CE's available. Some travel, but compensation is provided.
They are number one in their industry!
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLApril 29, 2016
A typical day is managing four patients during their hemodialysis treatments with the support of a registered nurse at one time. Then getting ready for the next set of four clients.
Pros
Large company with decent benefits.
Cons
Not much room for advancement unless you seek to enhance your education.
Helping People with their Kidney Disease
CCHT/Unit Sec. (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLJuly 6, 2016
have worked here for 22 years, I think that says something about the company. Great benefits. Knowing your helping people is a plus.
Pros
helping people
Cons
big turn over on staff
Enjoyable and autonomous work environment. Extremely long hours.
Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJanuary 30, 2017
I enjoyed working as an Acute Care Hemodialysis RN, as much as any nursing job I've ever had. I left Fresenius because I was consistently working 70+ hours weekly and I was commuting a great deal. The time away from home was too much.
Pros
Autonomous atmosphere.
Cons
Short/minimal breaks and extremely long hours.
Horrible management
Production/Forklift driver. (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 14, 2016
Worked here for 4 years before I finally got out. Management was the worst I've ever had to deal with. Lots of politics going on in this place. Best bet is to not even try because eventually they'll get sick of giving you benefits and let you go anyways.
Ok place to work
Administrative Assistant/ CCHT (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 9, 2016
Benefits are great. Compensation could be greater as the company is internatnional. Great work environment and management is easy to work with.
Supportive and creative work environment
FP&A Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2016
Employees at Fresenius are extremely receptive to questions and they respond with legitimate interest. Upper management promotes innovative solutions to problems and works closely with both entry and senior analysts. The technical side to the work can be overwhelming at first because the health care industry presents terminology and regulations that most don't come into the job knowing. With that being said all employees are willing to set aside time to explain the nuances of the industry.
Pros
Culture, Friendly people, Interesting Industry
Cons
Pay is average, Hard time retaining top talent
Great people to work with.
Dialysis Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 15, 2016
Great people to work with; I absolutely LOVED my crew, work week is three and a half on - three and a half off (three 12 hour shifts, one 6 hour shift), advancement only happens by being one of the boss's friends, short breaks (mostly dependent on work location), crowded parking, pay is alright (on graveyard) but gets cut hard when using company benefits, have to have PTO for every holiday (basically Christmas and the August shutdown) and have to schedule time off at least a month in advance (also have to have PTO to cover it), overtime on D shift is almost impossible to get, and switching shifts requires being put on a waiting list that is pretty long.
Pros
Weekend to work week schedule, great people to work with, fast PTO and sick leave accural
Cons
Advancement is super hard, big boss hovers almost constantly, short breaks, no rotation on cart loading, overly obvious favoritism, no paid holidays or time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

71%