Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Not a fun place to work very stressful maanagement sucks
Material Handler/ Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coppell,TexasOctober 4, 2017
I worked their 3 years and they do show lots of favoritism and management makes it very stressful .The company is very ungrateful and they complain alot about giving you a raise.
Pros
Cool coworkers
Cons
Management sucks
Management was by far the worst
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIOctober 3, 2017
Totally unprofessional place. Everybody would push work off on others, especially the manager. When i was hired i was promised 40 hours per week and continued not to receive them. Most the fellow employees were cruel, especially the nurses. When i was hired i was not told that we started at early as 4am and I was also never told we had to work 16 hour shifts every other Saturday. There was a ton of blame placing, and nobody wanted to do their job, and nobody wanted to train new employees and it didn't seems like anybody cared for new employees to succeed.
Fine place to work
Collections Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at Fresenius. The company had great benefits for its employees and incentives. My coworkers were great to work with, we all worked as a team.
The values of this company is not shown in the employees.
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
there is no chance for advancement at Fresenius unless you are an RN. Middle management at this company is very poor. Staff and management are not held accountable for their actions.
Stressful work environment with micro-managers
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 2, 2017
Micro-manage employees
No clear career path(s) for certain departments
Expected to work on their time schedule
Lack of physical interaction in corporate office; they would rather communicate via email than speaking to anyone face to face
Pros
On-site fitness center
Cons
Micro-managers; stressful; poor medical & dental insurance coverage; poor employee benefits & PTO
The Techs are over worked, the nurses should be doing more to help out.
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 2, 2017
Unsafe working conditions, long hours not to mention the racing and rushing. They take a lot of short cuts that could harm the patients. Run while you can.
Pros
Team work is good
Cons
Stressful, long hours, not enough pay for the amount of work put on the techs
Sds
RN SDS (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 1, 2017
Full patient assessment. Pre, Intra & Post op care. Work as a team with Radiologist, RT's and RN's to provide the best patient outcome. Our Manager is on task at all times. She has an open door policy and makes it comfortable for staff to approach her with any questions or concerns. Most difficult part of my job is to encounter patients with long term disabilities, multiple diseases, physical and mental disorders. My goal is to try and give them as much autonomy as I can during there stay at our facility. Most enjoyable part is being a part of a working team and providing my compassion and expertise to my patients.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Drive but not bad
a place that you wil most definitely learn something new
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarksdale, MSOctober 1, 2017
With Dialysis being something new for me, I have learned a lot, but it was all worth it. I loved the patients and the staff. Once you get the hang of it its like everyone becomes family. If something was to happen to a patient and you have gotten attached to them its hard to believe. The most important thing is teamwork and its wonderful if you have that.
Dont do it
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 29, 2017
Poor training they wanted you to rush patients in and out at fast pace. The staff was rude uncaring and hateful to there patients. They had there circle of friends treated others horrible.
Great for Advancement
PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 28, 2017
If you put in the effort, you could do really well here. The management structure makes it relatively easy to advance, if that is your objective. The pay is more than fair, in my opinion, for the work that is required. It isn't necessarily easy work, but it's rewarding and pays off for the right individual.

You are allowed two 15min breaks and a lunch break (30 minutes or an hour, employee choice). Flexible hours. Offers a good place to purchase convenient snacks and drinks in the cafeteria with the option of heating your own food, if necessary. Desks are mobile, so you can sit or stand at your leisure - makes working much more enjoyable.

I will say that because of the opportunity for advancement, sometimes people are promoted prematurely.
Pros
decent pay, advancement opportunities
Cons
company politics and drama can be intense

Want to know more about Fresenius Medical Care?

Ask a question
Selfrewarding when working with the patients.
Renal Social Worker, MSW (Former Employee) –  Fresenius Medical CareSeptember 28, 2017
Knowing that you are able to work with individuals to ensure that their psychosocial needs are meet as well as their financial/insurance needsare meets make me feel good as a pereon that I could help my fellow man out.
Pros
friendly co-workers, free lunch, nice patients
Cons
no union
not sure
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LASeptember 28, 2017
Work extremely long hours long days but benefits are great. the management was a little poor. but sense has improved I heard since I left. hourly pay was poor for he amount of work that was done.
benefits
Cons
Hard work with alot of perks
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 28, 2017
This position was a challenge. It was an hour and a half from my home. Sometimes I would have to stay overnight in Salisbury because of bad weather or staffing but the company paid for it. Had a very generous budget in which I could treat the staff to lunches and gifts when they worked particularly hard to meet performance goals. Overall a great company to work for.
Excellent Team
Lead Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 28, 2017
The team work is awesome

The tools are available to do your job

Good work life balance

Technical Advancement available

Valuable Service provided so gratifiying
Incompetent Mgnt.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 28, 2017
First off the pay is excellent. Management is poor. communication i s very outright bad. Load / route planners are very poor at their jobs. The stress can be high when you get several calls a day from their techs wondering where the freight is.It is an easy job over all if you can get past the lack of leadership and no communication. Decent equipment over all. Power jacks, Nice lift gates on trucks. As for work place culture the Dallas area is more involved in what they are going to have for lunch. this process can take more than a couple hours. The lack of communication can be derived from the fact most are outside smoking or huddled in small groups and not even at their desks.
Pros
Decent equipment.
Cons
Management. Load planners. Neither do jobs properly.
temporary job
Electronic Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 27, 2017
Supervisor needs to learn how to communicate and acknowledge their employees, they don't explain things about time off, and they can be more secretive when letting you know when you do something incorrect, instead of saying out loud.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
supervisors do not interact with you
Great Place but...
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Cape May, NJSeptember 27, 2017
It is a great place to work, the benefits are better than average, you can always advance in the company and there is tuition reimbursement which is great. The starting salary should be at least $20.00 an hour AND there should be better raises according to standard of living. I have a great manager so that is a plus.
autonomy in the acute care setting
Dialysis Nurse/ Acute Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 26, 2017
i had worked for fresenius for several years and was past up for a promotion. they actually hired someone not from the company to be the manager. This person was not only new to the company but also had no manager experience. They are not loyal to there staff but expect loyalty.
Pros
autonomy in the acute care setting/ health insurance benefits
Cons
no loyalty/ salary
work
Used Medical Manager, Ability (Direct Data Entry) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40205September 26, 2017
Pay is below national average, not much room for career advancement. Employee retention would be greatly improved if employees were compensated for their contributions, and management did not abuse position authority.
Not a job for everyone
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2017
Back Breaking work at extremely fast pace where it makes it almost impossible to stick to all of the rules and the time demand

This job is very different from other jobs like teaching
Pros
Service it provides
Cons
Early Morning, Short Break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.