Fresenius Vascular Care Employee Reviews in United States

Innovative leader in the Vascular field
Service Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Rock, PAJune 10, 2016
Fresenius is a great company with good pay and benefits. They are willing to work with employees based on their schedules. The company has a wide array of experienced employees in all fields. It is fast paced with constant opportunities to learn new things. It can be challenging when a doctor has a patient waiting and systems need to be fixed right away. When you can assist in fixing these issues it is a good feeling.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, good amount of vacation, good employees
Cons
When working with doctors you get a lot of stress due to the urgency of their needs.
Vey enjoyable
front office (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 31, 2015
I enjoyed my time in this position, I quickly boned with our ESRD patients. It was a very hard decision for me to leave when I was offered a promotion.
top down management approach
Director of Marketing, Berkeley Heights, NJ (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PADecember 6, 2015
Not too much red tape but politics are fairly strong. relatively casual style. Hardest part is meeting changing exectations. most enjoyable is general office environment.
Pros
casual style
Cons
politics
Territory Manager
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 22, 2015
 Educate clients and promote Fresenius Vascular Care services to dialysis clinics, medical directors, nephrologist, primary care physicians, podiatrists, and other pertinent members of the medical community.
 Promote vascular specialty services, including revascularization for peripheral arterial disease, ablation for venous insufficiency, embolization of uterine fibroids, and dialysis access procedures, to new and existing accounts.
No room for advancement
Refund Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Rock, PAMay 17, 2015
Challenging but good work load. Love the challenges. Incredible co-workers with many learning opportunities. No advancement opportunities. No managerial support.
Poor Leadership; very division CEO centric with control issues..it MUST be done his way;
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMarch 6, 2015
Poor communication; no training available; CEO is a screamer which creates high turnover in all areas / functions

Co workers worked as a team

Compensation and benefits were good
A nice company to work for.
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAFebruary 7, 2015
• Contact Medicare and insurance company to verify patient’s insurance coverage to ensure accurate billing of all appropriate third party payers.
• Create initial claims and subsequent follow-up claims for unpaid/denied claims in a timely manner.
• Submit accurate electronic and/or paper claims, for both primary and secondary payers, to Medicare, Medicaid and private payers in a timely manner.
• Research and correct Electronic Data Information exception items on electronic claims in a timely manner.
• Review the billing error logs and make corrections as necessary.
• Enter demographic information into billing software system.
• Enter charges and verify ICD9 Diagnosis Codes in the billing software system are accurate. Confirm that the details provided by the Physician performing the surgical procedure are accurate.
• Calculate patient account balances, prepare and send patient statements on a monthly basis. Explain payment plans to patients and answer related questions.
• Post payments and refunds to patient accounts.
• Reconcile collections received via lock box to accounts receivable general ledger account on a daily and monthly basis.
• Identify payer issues that result in delay of reimbursement and notify manager.
• Notify manager of problem patient accounts and recommend solution when appropriate.
• Maintain files of all backup paperwork required for all aspects of billing.
• Prepare month end reports from billing software system for management review.
• Assist in the weekly distribution and mailing of claims.
• Review denied and appealed claims to determine reason for denial
  more... and resubmit claims with appropriate changes in a timely manner.
• Create denial claims log for tracking and training purposes.
• Ensure the accuracy of contacts and billing address information. Ensure timely mailing of all correspondence.
• Adjudicate payments received and reconcile accounts with correct contractual adjustments according to Medicare/Medicaid fee schedule and Managed Care Contracts.
• Follow up on all delinquent third party payers and self-pay accounts in a timely manner; maintain clear records of follow up activity for all patients.
• Respond promptly to all third party payers and patient inquiries, including telephone calls and written correspondence.
• Prepare accounts for bad debt write offs in accordance with USVA Financial Procedures.
• Complete monthly balancing for month end close. Verify write offs and payment information. Generate reports.
Great place to work, gained a lot of experience.
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Glen Rock, PAJanuary 7, 2015
I am responsible for the entire AR process from releasing the charges, verifying insurance, and following up with payments and denials. The hardest part of the job is following up with denials but that is also what keeps the job interesting. I love the people I work with, we keep each other going even when things get challenging. I've learned so much about the billing process while working here and continue to learn every day.
Goals at FVC
Renal and Endovascular Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 3, 2014
I learned how to work with both the clinics and hospitals to satisfy their needs and coordinate with the physician's goals.

Typically I make 8-10 calls per day.
2 Educational programs a week i.e. in service for physician's offices, clinic, hospitals, and dialysis clinics.

Most difficult part is to coexist with 3 stronghold competitors. However, I was able to capture business in markets they were weak in due to distance or quality of care. I capitalized that and grew the Orlando market 300% in 2 years.

I loved the patients we helped and the care we gave.
Pros
the income
Cons
work life balance and unstable- laid off due to restructuring
growing vascualr access company
Director of Support Services (Current Employee) –  Glen Rock, PAAugust 21, 2013
over 50 outpatient access offices scattered through the United States

Company still working to define culture and establish standards and direction

Office staff are very caring and are excellent clinicians
Pros
excellent clinical staff
Cons
health insurance
Family oriented placed to work
Coder (Current Employee) –  Glen Rock, PAJanuary 22, 2013
I think this company is wonderful. It is very personal but at the same time is able to maintain a professional atmosphere.
Fresenius is a great company to work for.
Medical coding of patient charts (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMay 1, 2012
My time at Fresenius was very good. The employees were very proffesional.It is an awesome company to be employed at.
Pros
management took time with their employees.
Cons
location