fresh & easy Employee Reviews

Company values in store was great in the home office not so much
District Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 6, 2016
The companies corporate leadership was not willing to change to meet market needs this caused the company to fail and close
it was fun but
Shift Manger (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 12, 2016
It was a fun place to work, good people and great benefits, that's till the company went under. started good but slowly things changed, then we were sold and had a new CEO, two years later we closed the door to 100+ stores in 3 states
Pros
employee discount card
Cons
would get cheated on company bonuses
Awesome first job
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CADecember 23, 2015
This was my first job and it was definitely a great experience. I worked with some awesome people and met some amazing customers. For the starting pay and the relatively low work load compared to other jobs, it was the perfect job to start people off with a real job.
Great Place to Work
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  TorranceDecember 4, 2015
Great benefits, top notch hands on training, competitive pay rates and the employees were great! The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a great feeling of being a part of the team!
Pros
Was a great Company to work for!
Cons
Company went out of Business
Great opportunity to learn new things regardless of experience.
Buying Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 2, 2015
The Fresh & Easy store was a great concept that just ran out of time. Too much money was spent early on - acted like a big company, but should have been acting like a start up.
Fresh and Easy summary
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 23, 2015
The company was in the middle of change, and was headed in the right direction. But it was a little to late.
My personal goal was to take the store that I was given and make it better. The store I took over was short staffed and in the red for the bottom line, bye turning over management and employees, we were able to get the bottom line into the black.

Bye involving the store in the surrounding community, improving Customer service , and basic retail standards.

Retail is a business, that the Customer service is key to be successful. You must have a friendly and efficient staff to grow your business.
Also as a Manager I have enjoyed teaching and watching employees grow, I also believe that growing from with in improves morale in the store and customer loyalty.
Pros
The ability to try new things, that had not been done before
Cons
Recruitment team were not very helpful
Fresh products with Modern convenience
Multi-Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 18, 2015
Fresh & Easy was a great concept for our customers to shop daily for the freshest foods with modern convenience. We were only a 10k sq. ft. shop which made it an intimate shopping experience for our customers. We had developed several loyal customers in whom we were on first name basis. The company was self sufficient and owned "state of the art" food processing plant that prepared our fresh meals that were delivered to each store daily. We also owned our meat packing plant, and produce packing plant to ensure the freshest product and to provide our customers with food that was safe and what they could trust. With such an expensive overhead, we needed 300 stores in operation to support our infrastructure. The company ended with less than 100 stores in operations. The concept was well received by the customers we served, we just needed to continue our expansion to offset expenses.
Pros
Freshest products, daily fresh deliveries
Cons
No advertisements/ No weekly promotions /Poor Marketing
Good place to work for
department manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside CA.November 16, 2015
Started evey work day going over scheduling and orders with management than I would review with my Leads and set the expectations for the day.Every Month upper Management would go over the monthly numbers with the department managers to see what needed to be focused on.To be able to find out what needs to be addressed is by using OEES or KPIS to log daily functions.Working along side my co workers we would have daily meetings and review weekly data and meet with our Leads and showed results or what needed improvement.Enjoyable part of the job was it never got boring there was always a challenge or someone that needed help.One of the hardest things about the job was knowing the quality that we were providing for the consumer and it never took off at the fresh and easy stores and keeping associates moral at a high level.
Pros
Benefits Paid time off
Cons
No raises for the assciates
Fresh & Easy
Quality Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 15, 2015
It was an okay place to work. We worked in an open office environment. The work floor was extra cold place to be. Some people were very good workers and some that didn't want to follow orders. Management on the floor was a bit harsh at times because dead lines needed to be met. I much more enjoyed my work after being promoted. A less cold office, off my feet of the sometimes over 14 hrs (mandatory) of work in the cold.
The company changed after I left. Not sure how. I do know the volume of items dropped by a lot after many stores closed. I currently still speak with people who worked there. And some enjoyed the experience.
Fun place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CANovember 10, 2015
This was a very good job, it paid well and provided paid time off as well as quarterly bonuses. I loved my co workers, the customers and the environment . Hours of operation accommodated a variety of different lifestyles.
Pros
Paid time off
I learned alot about handling fresh fruit & Vegetables.
Associate 1 (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 9, 2015
It was a learning experience that I will carry with me for future employment.Hopefully to share my knowledge with others.
no benefits, no promotions
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 9, 2015
This job has no job security, If you mess up one time you're out or at least thats what happened to me. I worked day in and out and stayed longer when they wanted me to, but once upper division found out I was "stealing" points from customers then they decided to let me go.By the way this job has no benefits neither!!!!!
Fun and productive
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 1, 2015
Fun location to work in. Great opportunity to grow up until you become a general manager. Too many favorites in the company and bad managers aren't processed out quickly. The most enjoyable part was the crew I worked with and the guests that would shop with us.
Pros
loved the guests and the people I worked with
Cons
hostile group of managers and absent DM
Dynamic, fast paced and fluid
Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 29, 2015
I've been with F&E from its birth to its end. In time we built a new system of distribution and did everything our own way and with a twist. We've had some of the most competent and capable people I've ever had the privilege of working with. Advancement was possible., pay was fair and the work environment was always challenging.
Pros
Great staff, great people
Cons
Company kept filing bankruptcy and eventually ceased all operations
I had a great experience, but in the end, management swept the rug from under me.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAOctober 26, 2015
I had one of the best retail experiences while working here. My coworkers were hardworking and my manager trusted us to get the job done. Our positive work environment promoted integrity and self-improvement, and I left most of my days feeling accomplished. Unfortunately, because of some of the questionable decisions that upper-management made, the company ended up closing and we were left out of jobs. It was a great place with great opportunities to advance, I am just disappointed that I did not get to see it through that far.
Pros
Seasonal Bonuses, Benefits, Flexible hours for school, positive work environment
Cons
Hectic Mornings, Lack of Communication between upper-management
Good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 22, 2015
Company is fun, great environment, wonderful pay and the company loves making sure your having a great time at work.............................................
dislike managment
Baker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2015
I did not like it because they keep chaning my schedule no
advance for other opportunity , I actually work only for
insurance never had the pleasure of earining a paycheck
hours are very minimum with no posibility for any better pay or job advancement
Lack Fundamentals Of How An American Company Should Run
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 25, 2015
-lack leadership from top down
-no benefits for anyone below team leaders
-easy job
-things are done a lot differently from most stores
-very backwards
no job security
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2015
Every two years, the company would close three or more stores with little to no warning for employees. Promises of bonuses were never honored either.
Fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2015
I was responsible for DSD ,inventory ,money management , team accountability . on a day to day basis they weren't to repetitive . everyday had a new series of job duties plans and functions for the day which made the job very diverse in your plans to complete a days action and get it done in a timely manner . I had an efficient team that made my job duties less stressful. I don't think there was a hard part of m job I was able to manage my time to where I had little to no difficulties .the most enjoyable part of my job was the incentives that you could earn for store performance
Pros
flexible company
Cons
wastes alot of product