fresh & easy Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work for
department manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside CA.November 16, 2015
Started evey work day going over scheduling and orders with management than I would review with my Leads and set the expectations for the day.Every Month upper Management would go over the monthly numbers with the department managers to see what needed to be focused on.To be able to find out what needs to be addressed is by using OEES or KPIS to log daily functions.Working along side my co workers we would have daily meetings and review weekly data and meet with our Leads and showed results or what needed improvement.Enjoyable part of the job was it never got boring there was always a challenge or someone that needed help.One of the hardest things about the job was knowing the quality that we were providing for the consumer and it never took off at the fresh and easy stores and keeping associates moral at a high level.
Pros
Benefits Paid time off
Cons
No raises for the assciates
I had a great experience, but in the end, management swept the rug from under me.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAOctober 26, 2015
I had one of the best retail experiences while working here. My coworkers were hardworking and my manager trusted us to get the job done. Our positive work environment promoted integrity and self-improvement, and I left most of my days feeling accomplished. Unfortunately, because of some of the questionable decisions that upper-management made, the company ended up closing and we were left out of jobs. It was a great place with great opportunities to advance, I am just disappointed that I did not get to see it through that far.
Pros
Seasonal Bonuses, Benefits, Flexible hours for school, positive work environment
Cons
Hectic Mornings, Lack of Communication between upper-management
Fresh and Easy 2011 to 2015
Customer Service/Baker (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 29, 2015
I started with Fresh and Easy in 2011. This was my first time working for a retail grocery store and I learned many things even though I have been working for many years.

The original Fresh and Easy owned by Tesco in England was an excellent employer, they provided benefits for us and any thing we needed in the work place.

The new company bought us out in 2010 they took our benefits away and cut our hours. Then the company went down hill from
there. I have one down fall when working for a company I do my best for the company to succeed......but some time the company does not do the same.
Confused company lacking knowledge of food costs
GENERAL MANAGER-Grocery retail (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2015
As a general manager with Fresh and Easy I quickly learned that they had no concept of food costs while trying to introduced ready made foods to their grocery concept. While aot a bad idea and being done well by other companies like Whole Foods, Fresh and Easy could not even document dollar costs to many items being used. Inventories would be off my millions of dollars due to items coming at million dollar costs. Obviously errors in their inputting of data, everyone new these errors where there, but nobody either cared or dared to bring it up as an issue. If you cannot place true value on what you spend, how can you control costs and truly evaluate profits? I see a very dim future for this company.
Pros
Good benefits, PTO, vacations, and pay for a very reasonable schedule.
Cons
Creative duties that reduced opportunities to market, improve on hands, affect customer service.
it was fun but
Shift Manger (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 12, 2016
It was a fun place to work, good people and great benefits, that's till the company went under. started good but slowly things changed, then we were sold and had a new CEO, two years later we closed the door to 100+ stores in 3 states
Pros
employee discount card
Cons
would get cheated on company bonuses
no benefits, no promotions
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 9, 2015
This job has no job security, If you mess up one time you're out or at least thats what happened to me. I worked day in and out and stayed longer when they wanted me to, but once upper division found out I was "stealing" points from customers then they decided to let me go.By the way this job has no benefits neither!!!!!
Great Place to Work
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  TorranceDecember 4, 2015
Great benefits, top notch hands on training, competitive pay rates and the employees were great! The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a great feeling of being a part of the team!
Pros
Was a great Company to work for!
Cons
Company went out of Business
A Company With Great Ambishion
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 14, 2015
Data entry. Transfers and receiving. Management was good at first went down hill once the company sold. Good pay and benefits.
Pros
Good Learning Environment For New Employees
Cons
No Breaks
Fresh and Easy was a good place to work
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 6, 2015
Fresh and Easy was a good place to work good staff and management, but not very good with raises. Hardest part was to get use to 34 degrees.
I loved working for this company
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJuly 11, 2016
Working for Fresh & Easy was fantastic. Even though the company went through hard times, the team always met new challenges head-on. During times of high stress, such as low staff days, the team was flexible enough to maintain great customer service and product merchandising. The most important thing I learned during my time with the company was how to adapt to unfortunate circumstances. What I found most enjoyable while working for this company was the sense of camaraderie among the team.
Pros
Strong in-store team, customer interaction, belief in mission statement
Cons
Lack of corporate communication, lack of procedural integrity

Want to know more about fresh & easy?

Ask a question
I was very knolwedable and a very good worker
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 11, 2016
I was very well liked by all the management because of my hard work ethic and job knowledge. With a line production of perishable products it is important to use the oldest date first so that it does not spoil and I was one of the few that would check the inventory in the computer to see if we still had it in the system or if someone had already issued the product to current batch running. Also in down time I would organize the racks to make certain items easier to get to. I would also leave time at the end of my shift to sweep up and clean up the receiving dock.
Pros
Nice management and nice employees
Cons
Small work space and sometimes it was hard to get to product.
Lots of give aways decent amount of red tape and politics,but this is expected of a big company
PLANNING/FINANCE INV CLERK (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 1, 2015
Overall ok company to work at.
'you have to come with open attitude benefits ok advancement ok
job culture try to deal with it.
Pros
Test all food going into stores
Fun Job
Team Leader / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2016
I would start my days by getting at least 12-18 pallets of food unloaded and rotated into inventory. Once we got the product on the floor and also in storage then I would need to keep an eye on the inventory levels on the Sales floor throughout the day. These levels would need to be replenished with fresh product all day. I would be in charge of scheduling of the store for the week. I really enjoyed working for this company but the higher management of the company seemed to be changing the prices and the direction that we were originally going and it just seemed that it changed the culture of the job.
Pros
up close talking with the customers.
Cons
short breaks, no discounts on product
they gave back to the comunity and had a great ideas on bringing good food on a good price
Cashier/Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 19, 2016
It was a very good company I was very proud of being part of they had very good value on produce and meats and they where just a twist on the everyday supermarket giving people to try new thing you wouldn't find in an average supermarket and with a healthy mindset. They gave back to the community which for me is very important. They would give to food banks every week and it wouldn't be bad items at all they would be fresh. The every day work was good my job was to verify and restock the the fruits and vegetable. I had to ensure the fresh quality of them and stock the new fruit, I enjoyed doing that because I would concentrate on the task on ensuring the great quality for our customers. The interaction between the co workers was good they would help each other with no problem.The management was very understanding the only thing negative about it is that they didn't gave enough hours.
Pros
it was a very happy enviorment
Cons
they didnt give enough hours
Used to be a fun and productive place to work
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Yucaipa, CAJuly 6, 2016
I used to love my job at Fresh and Easy. I would go into work everyday with a smile on my face knowing that I was doing something that I loved, working hard and helping others. I learned a lot from my time with the company: customer service skills, cash audits, merchandising, and most importantly how to train and develop a team. The hardest part of my job was delivering written and verbal coachings to my employees. If Fresh and Easy didn't go out of business I would still be there enjoying what I do.
Fresh start easy job
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 28, 2015
Fresh and Easy is a exceptional team orientated company.
A typical day for me is completing a full list of tasks that require me to be time efficient.
I learned how to count and prep inventory.
How to reach out to customers more accurately and effective.
Co-workers at Fresh and Easy, in my experience, are like family to one another and to our daily customers.
Hardest part of the job might be leaving, clocking out.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make your own decisions through out the day and observing how at the end of your day it turned out.
Pros
11.00 dollars an hour, friendly environment
Cons
No benefits, only offers part time, bonuses are not consistent to policy
productive and fun work environment
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 14, 2016
a typical day at work was just finishing our case count and hitting our quota. all of my co workers including myself would have to knock out the case count. everyday the case count would vary depending on the stores and what they needed for the week or that day. most enjoyable part of working there was my peers they were hard working guys and really great people. hardest part of the job was waking up in morning but i got used to it. the managers weren't all that great they always had an attitude and always tried talking down to you when you made a simple mistake. they would bring the personal problems to work and take it out on everyone.
Pros
free lunches sometime, bonuses every 3 months. good pay rat.
Cons
short breaks, bad managment
Good company, like most your manager can make it or break it for you.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  AZJuly 2, 2015
Fresh & Easy has had their struggles, but always did the right thing for the employees. They were not afraid to try new things and listened to the employees. I worked hard and got rewarded for it. We did the same routines each day while trying to improve ourselves and the store.
Pros
pay, benefits, coworkers
Cons
varied shifts, politics in upper management, unknown future
I loved my work experience!
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 12, 2016
Everything about Fresh and Easy was amazing! The store manager was always a joy to be around. He promised me that if I worked hard for 6 months he would move me up to a Team Leader position and in 5 months he did! He taught me the ins and outs of working in a successful store. He taught me how to interact better with customers on top of the people and communication skills I already had. I was so sad when the company closed down!
Pros
Flexible schedule. Great work environment.
Cons
No valid complaints.Job was great.
Lack Fundamentals Of How An American Company Should Run
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 25, 2015
-lack leadership from top down
-no benefits for anyone below team leaders
-easy job
-things are done a lot differently from most stores
-very backwards