Fresh Direct Employee Reviews

productive
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJuly 18, 2017
sometimes i delivered to the same customers all they time . so i build a relationship with them. and i received good tips. i also got along with my depot manager
Pros
tips
Cons
vacation days
Starting point
TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 16, 2017
I appreciate Fresh Direct for giving me the opportunity to build my career. Great place for beginners that just got there Commercial Driver License. Upper management will work with you to established yourself. There is always new opportunity to grow within the company.
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Wages
ambiente de trabajo divertido con cafe gratis
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 15, 2017
muy buena empreza muy atenta y muy recta.
aparte divertida y comoda.
Pros
seguro medico privado
Cons
esta muy retirado de mi zona
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJuly 6, 2017
Fresh direct provides great job security for their staff. They make sure that all of your needs are meet when needed. Their open door policy is really appreciated considering that the director is very hands on and communicates on a daily basis making sure that the staff is comfortable.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Not many
non supervision and very fun
DRIVER'S HELPER (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 30, 2017
Made my truck was good and clean,delivered goods to customers ensuring freshness.The hardest part of the job was walking up stairs with items with no elevators in any type of weather.
Pros
days went quick
Cons
Getting a truck with no AC or no heat
I absolutely LOVED them
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJune 27, 2017
I had the time of my life working with Fresh Direct. I got to sample all types of foods and cheeses from all over. And different meets and sauces... yummy.
DRIVER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
Good place to work, cool Co workers, great environment, great learning experience. Room to improve and advance... when u need questions answered, someone is always there to answer.
fast paced environment
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 17, 2017
early mornings, typical pedestrian drivers rushing to work causing hazardous conditions.

I learned customer service skills.

management is strict with no sense of knowledge with actual labor and field work.
It was a very bad decision for me to apply
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJune 6, 2017
My manager only spoke Spanish , eventho I speak Spanish fluently, I pretended not to speak the language, during my time there I was pregnant 4 months pregnant, I fell down the stairs and they had sent me back to work did not seek me medical attention or anything on top of that the entire time I worked there the manager would say racial slurs as well as the employees. on my last day there wen I resigned I confessed to the manager and the other employees that I speak Spanish. by the end of the day the manager as well as the employees apologized to me and welcomed me to sit with them for lunch in which I declined.
Pros
Cons
They are racist!!!!!!!! Good Luck If you think about working here.
A normal working job
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2017
A typical day at work is taking 2 trains to get there from where I lived, and then clocking in, as soon as you clock in you get to work and don't stop because time waits for no one. I enjoyed the breaks & the food they served during the breaks. The hardest part of the job is that it takes hard work to complete a day, but it is expected that you work hard there or you will get sent home because you can not slack at a warehouse job.
Pros
Big space to work, Active, Lots of co workers
Cons
Mostly spanish, Over working
Was a competitive workplace which made it a fun place to work
Runner (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 26, 2017
If a person could handle the weather n the carts it's a decent job to have some of the customers were very generous and friendly. Would work there again if I had the opportunity
Pros
Tips
Great Co-Workers
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 22, 2017
My co-workers are great team members. The work environment is calm and productive; however, the hours range and may be tough to handle. For example, my shift is at 5:30 am, and traveling from Brooklyn to Queens is difficult.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
It takes a while to get a raise.
Good company, but bad management.
Hi-Lo, Pallet Jack and Cherry Picker (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 20, 2017
Atmosphere was once positive, but doesn't exist anymore. It is good to be the eyes and hands for each customer, only if management was the same. Hope management improves on their interpersonal skills and communication towards employees.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Bad management and business practices. Favoritism exist and fairness doesn't.
Really really bad
Runner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2017
Where to begin. management can't seem to manage, there's about 5 of them! Work hours are not enough. Pay is for someone who lives at home with mommy & daddy who buys sneakers & video games every week. Nobody really gets along with one another. Customers treat you less than dirt.
Pros
It's a check.
Cons
everything & everyone else
Receiving (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 2, 2017
Very productive, short staff where needed the most, management refuses to give hire help always complains about budget, staff is overworked and under appreciated
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
underpaid
great production and team work
Production Expert (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 9, 2017
One of the great food processing and delivery in America. One of the company that has great team workers who provide their best all the time satisfy their customers.
Pros
sometimes free lunch is proided
fun
Operational Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2017
Best job EVER fun workplace! I mainly worked in phone customer service.Very busy but fun.Great food.Co-workers nice and friendly.on time lunch and breaks.
Pros
free lunch
Decent place to work
Admin/Transportation (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2017
Decent place to work. Pretty good benefits and pay. Advancement and growth is possible. Close to public transportation. Friendly work environment.....
It was good working there
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 20, 2017
It was good working there I was going to work there again I just got a job closer to my house
The job was easy fast Actually liked it Ii just wanna learn new things
not a fun place to work at.
Helper/Transportation (Former Employee) –  23-30 borden aveMarch 2, 2017
A day at fresh direct could be unexplainable its like you dont know whats coming to you.You have a easy day or a tough day with work or the driver.Ive learned in life everyone isnt the same some people will treat you better than others some will just never have manners as a adult.The workplace at fresh direct is not perfect theeres no support from the manangers,is like you all alone everyone for the selves.the hardest part of the jon is learning the company.theres nothing enjoyable at frsh direect only food discounts.
Pros
employee food discounts
Cons
alot of overtime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresh Direct. Our community is ready to answer.