Fresh Direct Employee Reviews in United States

a typical day at work
DRIVER HELPER & RUNNER (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 23, 2016
the hardest part of the job is walk-ups. Basically a walk up is a apartment building with no elevator and i will gave to go up and down the steps about 5 times to give the customer all of there merchandise.
Very enjoyable work place if you like working with food or being on your feet for long hours and able to lift 60 or more pounds
Food Service Worker / lead (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 20, 2016
My only problem was main fact we had to keep certain work rooms at temperature that are cold some but okay for others in this food warehouse
Pros
You can get food just ask your manager do not take it yourself and don't make it a daily routine
Cons
Get an hour break (30 minutes lunch and two 15 minutes breaks)
Too Much for too little
Director of Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJuly 18, 2016
Job work/ Life Balance None, on the phone all hours of the day night and weekends, even when you take a day off your called emailed.
Everything is an emergency and needs repairs immediately with no accountability on any of the departments for the same items over and over again.

I have to say it was a pleasure working with the COO, he was the only one who understood what his people were doing.
Cons
working for a 3rd party vendor the pay scale was 20% lower
Employee Events
Department Administrator (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJuly 15, 2016
I am currently an Administrator at Fresh Direct. I enjoy my job very well. I love interacting with employees. I speak two languages English & Spanish. I love my co workers we are very family orientated. I have learned a lot at my job. We have a lot of responsibilities at I work between Human Resources and Payroll. I am familiar with ADP Payroll System, Family Leave of Absence, 401 k Plan. What I enjoy the most of my job is all we do for employees such as Events. I feel like I can manage a lot of work all together. I am very organized and I keep all my work on a check list that way I don't forget anything. I make sure I finish all my work , also I work as a team player. I give all my support to all my co worker always.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
bad management
Packer/picker (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJune 29, 2016
it was warehouse work. i enjoyed working on the computer. the hardest part was dealing with the poor management. there was no communication on their part.
Great
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 31, 2016
New environment for me. Very cold. I learned the importance of team work and following rules.It was extremely hard to see so many fruits and vegetables go to waste. But i loved the opportunity i had to network.
Fun Workplace
Dairy (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 10, 2016
Its a decent job. You do get overtime for the week. The people at the job are very welcoming. Its a lot of walking and you have to be able to lift heavy totes are boxes.
great place a lot of qualitty
pretty much anything (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 21, 2016
great experience, good team, nice people i get to meet, good salary, a lot of different cultures, variety of food ,a lot of different food, good environment to work.
Fun place to work and interesting coworkers
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 26, 2016
I would unload and systematically receive products into inventory using RF scanners. Then Pallets would be taken to destination using electric pallet jacks.
good working inviroment
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 26, 2016
very good working place. learn a lot. management fair. co workers friendly. no complaints. making my deliveries. n driving . no matter what the weather conditions is
productive healthy energetic job free spirit and simple
Runner - Delivered (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 12, 2016
Very simple work unloading trucks and putting packages on pushcarts to deliver and push around the city. One of the downfalls was having too work in all weather and sometimes there would be heavy packages to push around. Other then that the tips were good, the exercise was good, and I liked dealing with all the different customers.
Pros
Be outside, good tips, make your time
Cons
work in any weather, low pay
fresh direct
Driver/ Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 25, 2016
i learned from fresh direct to become a better driver. i loved to see the customers face when i gave them there orders i will always put a smile on there face.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care and hours
Merchandise Representative
Merchandise Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Individually induct bar code and separate product into specific boxes.
Receive and unloaded merchandise with power jacks.
Performed multiple tasks in temperature below 30 degrees.
Created savings for the organization by effectively mentoring of new employees and participants in helping them with difficulties.
Saved money by creating quicker and safer ways to expand their knowledge
Fresh Direct doesnt really care about the employees they care about money
outbound freezer picker (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 6, 2016
my review on this company is stressful when a employee asked for better pay or can I move up in the company You receive either you stay or resign
Pros
fresh food
Cons
benefits are great
Productive & rewarding place to work
Junior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 2, 2016
The company is great place to work. Although the work environment is fast pace, the company tries to keep a high morale level at all time which bring on the result of everyone feeling like family. Fresh Direct cares about its employees as well as there customers.
Pros
Free BBQ once a mouth.
Cons
N/A
Its a great company to work for.
Food Delivery/ Runner (Current Employee) –  59th street & madison ave New York NYDecember 29, 2015
I like the position overall, I enjoy interacting with the customers and providing the utmost customer service. I have the best co workers
Pros
enjoy meeting new people
Cons
Not enough hours in a day
Fast paced work environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 22, 2015
A typical day at Fresh Direct, a lot of driving, physical labor, and customer service. The most important part is the free workout!
Fast and fun
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYNovember 7, 2015
great place to work you meet all different types of people even celebrities co-worker were great very supportive as well as management very fast pace keeps you on you're feet i really liked this job the friends i made i still keep in touch with
Pros
free movie tickets
Cons
needed raise in pay so you could afford healthcare
n.a
Fresh Direct (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 26, 2015
i learned how to stay on task and get the job done and always remain calm with all clients have orders on time or delivered when supposed to
Fresh Direct
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  38-20 Review Ave LIC NYSeptember 21, 2015
Learning a lot about on line grocery business !

I worked for huge privately owned companies in the past, so it is refreshing to see the CEO involved with all aspect of the business daily.

The company is growing at a furious rate ,so the ability to change is a must.
Pros
New types of mangment
Cons
Still practicing as a small company

2.9