Fresh Start Employee Reviews

good helping those in need
Assistant Counselor (Practicum) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2017
This place allows those in recovery to be professionals. This organization provides services both English and Spanish. There are many success stories for those in recovery. the work environment is okay, it varies with location.
Pros
gain good insight and expierance
Cons
some customer services not so great
Productive,caring,and safe environement
Intern (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 7, 2017
I was not officially working here, however I would love too. Had an awesome experience with the staff and clients. A lot of the skills I will be taking into my future employment I learned through being Fresh Start's intern.
fun place
Group Home Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 29, 2017
Great place to work good pay, and people are generally very kind hearted. It is more enjoyable if you have an interest in the subject matter of the job and arent just there for a check.
I had to much fun in here
Host (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 5, 2017
I learned how to care the client and how to do inventory.
How to work with a Cash Register.
How to prepared food and serving to the client
Hard Labor Job
Eviction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDOctober 12, 2016
A Typical Day At Work Would Be Us Going To Do An Eviction And The Person That Owns The Home Pays The Amount They Owe I Learned How To Deal With Situations Different Good Or Bad My Manager Is A Real Cool Guy He Is About His Business Nd Money My Co-Workers Are Enjoyable But Yet Reliable While Working
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No Breaks
Family Business
Business Owner/ Family Owned (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 31, 2016
Great Money. I love the people we work for. They are very fun and they have means of making sure everyone is taking care of. I love it because customer service is shown in a different way.
Family
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edgemont, SDJuly 28, 2016
Fun environment, staff is like family, busy and growing, customers enjoy the staff and management. Low chance for raises. Kept busy and very clean. Store and restaurant is growing.
Pros
great staff
Cons
raises
Very poor place for job stability.
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 29, 2016
Poor wages , no Shift differential, paycheck was always shorten. Mgr. Iet residents run the Facility.Hard to have a social life, expect to much for quality of wages but can be a challenging job.
Pros
Cons
Bad place, to work!!!!!!
Fast-Paced, solid company
Store Manager & Graphic Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Spearfish, SDFebruary 1, 2016
Fresh Start is a thriving business lead by very eager and competent team. Lots of hands-on learning, strong in-store relationships. A joy to work here!
I had learned a lot at this company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2016
i enjoyed the environment there with the employees were wonderful I learned a lot about great customer service skills and organization skills!
Biased company with lack of leadership
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton, Beach, FloridaApril 29, 2015
Board members are more concerned with who is in charge than who is benefiting from the services.

Money which is supposed to be designated for homeless women and children is spent with no regard to what is needed for the agency.
Good Organization
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport ctApril 10, 2015
On call status....
*As needed based on projects that come available my workday begins between 6am/6:30 and ends maybe 8pm to 9pm. Projects dictate what work is needed to complete it at the level of quality to benefit my employer or client.
*I learn new things daily and look forward to learning more at every opportunity.
*Management is critical for any successful organization or agency to function properly. No ones perfect and having the ability to work with and through any problem is extremely valuable.
*Coworkers think that I work too hard. I enjoy them.
*Hardest part of the job is that I find myself wanting to do more. Accomplish more. Even after hearing it's perfect I look for ways to improve.
*Most enjoyable aspect of the job is the feeling of accomplishment after working on a project.
Pros
Very High Standards, Diligent, Work a holic
Cons
Very High Standards, sometimes delegating
cool place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 4, 2014
Great place to work and it helps people that are looking for a start in the working field. Everyone in there is friendly the co workers , the staff / Job coaches , inducing the manager. I had a great time working there but i had to leave because i was on contract.
Pros
Great Co Workers, Great Job coaches, Friendly additudes
Cons
good job for on training
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 21, 2014
you learn all skills from landscaping to installing solar panels. the bad part is that this is seasonal work.
fun environment
GENERAL LABORER (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 11, 2014
liked working and enjoyed my times while working and never felt like I didn't like the work I was doing rearranging houses and moving out old furniture.
Subtance Abuse Residential Facility
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 2, 2014
Transport woman to court hearings & to see probation or parole officers . Maintain security rounds of facility, conduct urine collection and breathalyzers and documenting results .
transport woman to AA/NA meetings 4 times a week making sure clients attend aftercare at the institute of living .Supervising DCF visits with children or family members .
Passionate individuals working for a cause
Program Leader / Board Member (Current Employee) –  ManilaJune 20, 2014
Infrequent projects but great people.

Great mix of projects
Best place ever to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 7, 2014
great experience, good working environments, long hours, awesome people
A Fresh Start is a safe place for women in reocvery to grow. They have very dedicated staff.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2014
I would start my day by getting all paperwork ready for urine drops that day. I would interact with the girls and see how what they had planned for the day. We would talk about different goals they had for the day and the best way they could go about achieving those goals.
I would also talk to the girls about any disputes or issues they may have, whether it be with another resident, or with Fresh Start in general. We would talk about how we could resolve that dispute. Every day differed from whether it would be a new intake, to maybe somebody being ready to move on, or being discharged. There were chores that had to be completed daily, so the chore charts, and the drug screening schedules were made on Sundays, and followed throughout the week. Chores were checked thoroughly daily by me. All personal information for each resident had to updated, and sent to the main office if any updates needed to be made. I interacted with the main office on a daily basis on all different types of matters with the residents. I was in charge of reporting maintenance issues, to ordering drop supplies, and all house supplies. The hardest part about the job was when a resident relapsed, and you had to ask them to leave. There was no tolerance of substance abuse in the home, as this made it an unsafe place, and would put the other recovering girls at risk of a relapse. I would try to find them a safe place to go, but sometimes they don't want the help. I found this job to be very rewarding. It was rewarding to be able to help others in need and see such beautiful women grow in recovery.
Pros
Learning so much about recovery.
Cons
More balance.
Did not work for very long
Temporary Job (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 3, 2014
This is a temp agency that gives you rides to other corporations that need help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresh Start. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3