Fresh Start Employee Reviews in United States

Very poor place for job stability.
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 29, 2016
Poor wages , no Shift differential, paycheck was always shorten. Mgr. Iet residents run the Facility.Hard to have a social life, expect to much for quality of wages but can be a challenging job.
Pros
Cons
Bad place, to work!!!!!!
I had learned a lot at this company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2016
i enjoyed the environment there with the employees were wonderful I learned a lot about great customer service skills and organization skills!
Biased company with lack of leadership
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton, Beach, FloridaApril 29, 2015
Board members are more concerned with who is in charge than who is benefiting from the services.

Money which is supposed to be designated for homeless women and children is spent with no regard to what is needed for the agency.
Good Organization
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport ctApril 10, 2015
On call status....
*As needed based on projects that come available my workday begins between 6am/6:30 and ends maybe 8pm to 9pm. Projects dictate what work is needed to complete it at the level of quality to benefit my employer or client.
*I learn new things daily and look forward to learning more at every opportunity.
*Management is critical for any successful organization or agency to function properly. No ones perfect and having the ability to work with and through any problem is extremely valuable.
*Coworkers think that I work too hard. I enjoy them.
*Hardest part of the job is that I find myself wanting to do more. Accomplish more. Even after hearing it's perfect I look for ways to improve.
*Most enjoyable aspect of the job is the feeling of accomplishment after working on a project.
Pros
Very High Standards, Diligent, Work a holic
Cons
Very High Standards, sometimes delegating
cool place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 4, 2014
Great place to work and it helps people that are looking for a start in the working field. Everyone in there is friendly the co workers , the staff / Job coaches , inducing the manager. I had a great time working there but i had to leave because i was on contract.
Pros
great co workers, great job coaches, friendly additudes
good job for on training
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 21, 2014
you learn all skills from landscaping to installing solar panels. the bad part is that this is seasonal work.
fun environment
GENERAL LABORER (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 11, 2014
liked working and enjoyed my times while working and never felt like I didn't like the work I was doing rearranging houses and moving out old furniture.
Subtance Abuse Residential Facility
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 2, 2014
Transport woman to court hearings & to see probation or parole officers . Maintain security rounds of facility, conduct urine collection and breathalyzers and documenting results .
transport woman to AA/NA meetings 4 times a week making sure clients attend aftercare at the institute of living .Supervising DCF visits with children or family members .
Passionate individuals working for a cause
Program Leader / Board Member (Current Employee) –  ManilaJune 20, 2014
Infrequent projects but great people.

Great mix of projects
Best place ever to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 7, 2014
great experience, good working environments, long hours, awesome people
A Fresh Start is a safe place for women in reocvery to grow. They have very dedicated staff.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2014
I would start my day by getting all paperwork ready for urine drops that day. I would interact with the girls and see how what they had planned for the day. We would talk about different goals they had for the day and the best way they could go about achieving those goals.
I would also talk to the girls about any disputes or issues they may have, whether it be with another resident, or with Fresh Start in general. We would talk about how we could resolve that dispute. Every day differed from whether it would be a new intake, to maybe somebody being ready to move on, or being discharged. There were chores that had to be completed daily, so the chore charts, and the drug screening schedules were made on Sundays, and followed throughout the week. Chores were checked thoroughly daily by me. All personal information for each resident had to updated, and sent to the main office if any updates needed to be made. I interacted with the main office on a daily basis on all different types of matters with the residents. I was in charge of reporting maintenance issues, to ordering drop supplies, and all house supplies. The hardest part about the job was when a resident relapsed, and you had to ask them to leave. There was no tolerance of substance abuse in the home, as this made it an unsafe place, and would put the other recovering girls at risk of a relapse. I would try to find them a safe place to go, but sometimes they don't want the help. I found this job to be very rewarding. It was rewarding to be able to help others in need and see such beautiful women grow in recovery.
Pros
learning so much about recovery.
Cons
more balance.
Did not work for very long
Temporary Job (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 3, 2014
This is a temp agency that gives you rides to other corporations that need help.
Good work environment. Good pay
Home Manager / Residential Counselor III (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCNovember 10, 2013
Learned alot from this industry coming from college. The president was very generous in paying employees, which help create a positive morale.
good job
drug councelor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2013
It was very challenging and rewarding and I gained a lot of
experience.
Pros
good job and benifets
Cons
na
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDAugust 30, 2013
I loved working for Fresh Start, it was always moving and changing. Being able to help customers and build relationships with regular's was my favorite part, I was located in the Black Hills where they have Sturgis bike rally, it was an amazing experience being able to meet people from all over the US.
fun enviorment
Sales Representitive (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJAugust 14, 2013
loved to go to work because u never new what was going to happen in terms of making your money.
A good place to help other women.
Sales and customer service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2013
I enjoyed helping others! we were able to outfit them for looking for jobs, also training them to work, with various types of employment. Getting clothes ready for display, displaying them in the windows. Cashier training, etc.
Pros
i enjoy helping the women get ready to apply for employment!
Cons
i really wanted to do more for them!, makeup etc.
Productive Initiative Company
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockdale, GeorgiaJune 20, 2013
Facilitated outpatient services for The Department of Family and Children Services (DFACS) & Saint Jude HIV/AIDS recovery patients. Serves as liaison between DFCS and patient.
Conducted face-to face intakes, screening, and assessments based on individualized service plans. Learned to facilitate/Coordinate learning opportunities to involve 12-step educational group, relapse prevention, recovery awareness and assist with job readiness skills placement. Select and purchase appropriate materials for class. Conducted parent aide and substance abuse education to families performing random toxicology screenings if necessary. Supervised five employees to facilite additional classes.
I interact and collaborate with everyone. The hardest part of my job is moving on with my career.
Pros
self-directive, task orientated excellent communication skills, punctual and computer skills
Cons
time management, perfectionist, and workaholic
Treatment programs are always good.
Case Manager & Assessment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 3, 2012
This non-profit had to close its doors due to cut backs. That's to bad because it helped a lot of people that struggled with addiction.