Fresh Start

Fresh Start Employer Reviews

Best place ever to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), CaliforniaJune 7, 2014
great experience, good working environments, long hours, awesome people
A Fresh Start is a safe place for women in reocvery to grow. They have very dedicated staff.
Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 11, 2014
Pros: learning so much about recovery.
Cons: more balance.
I would start my day by getting all paperwork ready for urine drops that day. I would interact with the girls and see how what they had planned for the day. We would talk about different goals they had for the day and the best way they could go about achieving those goals.
I would also talk to the girls about any disputes or issues they may have, whether – more... it be with another resident, or with Fresh Start in general. We would talk about how we could resolve that dispute. Every day differed from whether it would be a new intake, to maybe somebody being ready to move on, or being discharged. There were chores that had to be completed daily, so the chore charts, and the drug screening schedules were made on Sundays, and followed throughout the week. Chores were checked thoroughly daily by me. All personal information for each resident had to updated, and sent to the main office if any updates needed to be made. I interacted with the main office on a daily basis on all different types of matters with the residents. I was in charge of reporting maintenance issues, to ordering drop supplies, and all house supplies. The hardest part about the job was when a resident relapsed, and you had to ask them to leave. There was no tolerance of substance abuse in the home, as this made it an unsafe place, and would put the other recovering girls at risk of a relapse. I would try to find them a safe place to go, but sometimes they don't want the help. I found this job to be very rewarding. It was rewarding to be able to help others in need and see such beautiful women grow in recovery. – less
Did not work for very long
Temporary Job (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 3, 2014
This is a temp agency that gives you rides to other corporations that need help.
Good work environment. Good pay
Home Manager / Residential Counselor III (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCNovember 10, 2013
Learned alot from this industry coming from college. The president was very generous in paying employees, which help create a positive morale.
good job
drug councelor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: good job and benifets
Cons: na
It was very challenging and rewarding and I gained a lot of
experience.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Spearfish, SDAugust 30, 2013
I loved working for Fresh Start, it was always moving and changing. Being able to help customers and build relationships with regular's was my favorite part, I was located in the Black Hills where they have Sturgis bike rally, it was an amazing experience being able to meet people from all over the US.
fun enviorment
Sales Representitive (Former Employee), Berlin, NJAugust 14, 2013
loved to go to work because u never new what was going to happen in terms of making your money.
A good place to help other women.
Sales and customer service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2013
Pros: i enjoy helping the women get ready to apply for employment!
Cons: i really wanted to do more for them!, makeup etc.
I enjoyed helping others! we were able to outfit them for looking for jobs, also training them to work, with various types of employment. Getting clothes ready for display, displaying them in the windows. Cashier training, etc.
Productive Initiative Company
Case Manager (Former Employee), Rockdale, GeorgiaJune 20, 2013
Pros: self-directive, task orientated excellent communication skills, punctual and computer skills
Cons: time management, perfectionist, and workaholic
Facilitated outpatient services for The Department of Family and Children Services (DFACS) & Saint Jude HIV/AIDS recovery patients. Serves as liaison between DFCS and patient.
Conducted face-to face intakes, screening, and assessments based on individualized service plans. Learned to facilitate/Coordinate learning opportunities to involve 12-step educational – more... group, relapse prevention, recovery awareness and assist with job readiness skills placement. Select and purchase appropriate materials for class. Conducted parent aide and substance abuse education to families performing random toxicology screenings if necessary. Supervised five employees to facilite additional classes.
I interact and collaborate with everyone. The hardest part of my job is moving on with my career. – less
Treatment programs are always good.
Case Manager & Assessment Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 3, 2012
This non-profit had to close its doors due to cut backs. That's to bad because it helped a lot of people that struggled with addiction.