Fresh and Easy Neighborhood Market

Fresh and Easy Neighborhood Market Employer Reviews

Work environment is enjoyable
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good starting pay
Cons: short breaks, no more benefits, no employee discounts
Most of the time, I work with shipments. Stocking products and rotating constantly majority of my shift. I learned that it taught me a way to work at a fast pace and to work with great people. I try to improve myself everyday to continue to learn new things and figure a way to have different techniques to show new workers to make them understand the – more... pace. – less
if your not a favorite and of the same ethnic group then little to no chance of advancement
Manger on Duty (Former Employee), chula vista ,caAugust 1, 2014
High level of favoritism among store management and these of the same ethic group.
Nice environment to work in if you need a part time job.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Duarte, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: set schedule
Cons: healthcare has expired
My coworkers and I have grown to build close relationships, and the managers look out for us. We are all busy in a typical day, but we are reminded to take breaks. Our managers often treat us to drinks, which is a perk working in a market, we have access to food and drinks. The hardest part of my job is completing my tasks in four or five hour shifts, – more... but I always manage to get it done. – less
A growing company
Team Leader (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAMay 21, 2014
Pros: short chain of command
Cons: not enough employees to properly service the customers who deserve better.
A lot to correct logistically and at the front end. The company has recently been sold and they closed fifty stores so hopefully corrections will hopefully be enacted and they can thrive again.
interesting and great work experience
packer (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 19, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Had a great time working here. Met a lot of great people who thought me a lot. My supervisors were great always helpful and eager to train in more fields. the most enjoyable part was beign in the cold weather.
No wonder they closed down
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 14, 2014
Pros: the pay was okay for the little amount of work we did
Cons: the manager
Was hired as a permanent employee and was working at the store on Mack Rd and Franklin Blvd in South Sacramento. At first everything was wonderful everyone putting the store together getting ready for the opening and the manager was great........ Until the store opened...... The manager was a nightmare no one liked him from the assistant manager down – more... to the customers. He had the worst people skills and numerous reports against him from employees and customers. It was a nice place to work as long as the manager was not there – less
Amazing place to work
Corporate Office and Facilities Manager (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAMarch 26, 2014
Company was a dream to work for. Always there for their employees. Environment was stress free and very enjoyable. Everyone was always very helpful. Business ran smooth. If you needed training the company always offered extra training when needed.
Stressful and somewhat rewarding
Customer Assistance (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAFebruary 12, 2014
The company is good to it's employees. It really depends on the manager. You get really close to your team because it is a small market with limited positions.
Team oriented
Team Leader (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: the company was still very new. and policies we not always being implemented
Opening and closing the store was expected. I learned to delegate a team. And most important learned to become a part of one. Management would be there for support. My coworkers made it easy to work with them. The hardest part of the job was to prevent shoplifting. While the most enjoyable part was to see customers satisfied faces after their purchases.
Fun environment
Grocery Supervisor (Former Employee), CAJanuary 23, 2014
Early in the morning received shipment to stock the store. Accuracy on county to have all the product on hand. Customer service was number one priority for the whole team, fun place to work, for flexible hours to be able to do things you had to do.
Great work environment and treatment of employees
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), Alhambra, CAJanuary 20, 2014
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities
Typical work day included receiving shipments and stocking product.
Great benefits, good pay
Store Manager (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJanuary 15, 2014
I really enjoyed working with my team. Also the products that we carried were great and healthy for you.
Fun and fast paste work environmet
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ventura, CAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: holiday parties, great health benefits, fast advancements.
Cons: shift leaders had different managerial styles and never new which one to follow, got work schedules at last minute
I enjoyed working here and meeting the new people everyday from customers to co workers. Fresh and easy provided a great environment for employees and great training as well as experience in the retail world.
Productive and fun work envinorment.
Team Lead/Shift Manager (Former Employee), Escondido, CANovember 11, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of, recieving vendor orders, setting up registers prior to store opening, stocking shelves with product, managing the team to make sure all things were taken care of in order of priority, also did inventory and changed store set-up and made sure we had price accuracy throughout the store. The hardest part of the job was – more... the constant physical labor the job required. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with an amazing group of people and getting interact with the customers in the store. – less
very exciting oportunities at this place.
Customer Assistant, Computer Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2013
Fresh and easy is a well oporated retail store and i truly enjoyed working there. this is a carrer settin enviornment.
great place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee), Hayward, CAOctober 18, 2013
as a team leader you get 35-40 hours per week
job may get stressful at times but the work for it shows at the end of the day
co-workers are great, like a small family
hardest part of the job is keeping track of numbers, and pleasing the store manager
the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers, the bring life to the store
Fun place to work
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Upland, CASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: experience in different fields, the people.
Cons: minimal hours, short shifts, little communication.
I have really enjoyed my time at Fresh and Easy Market. I have been challenged in many aspects of my work ethic, as well as my personality. I have been able to learn more about finances in a larger company, different computer systems, working with people of many different backgrounds, as well as pushing myself on time limits and my own personal expectations. – more... I really enjoyed working with the finances in the store as well as being able to interact with so many different people. My co-workers, managers, and myself have all worked together for 2+ years and we have become well adjusted. We all know what our own jobs are and we get them done, and move on to help each other when needed. – less
Highly demanding job with personal accomplishments.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), Pacifica, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: great working crew
Cons: not much room for growth.
In the morning, freight would arrive, and the "load crew" would off-stack the freight and work product onto shelves. Personally, I took charge of the 'crew' and ensured that the various workers, in their respective isles are working getting through their workload, without a hitch.
During the day, after the load is worked, there would be workers to work – more... backstock, particularly a job titled the "Produce Champion" which would check the back stock to ensure that shelves are stacked to capacity to boost sales and diminish waste.
While performing the many daily tasks, I would need to assist customers as they walked through my area, and assisted them with any potential issues they may have, as well as answering any questions about the store, and products. I would also need to go to the front end and assist with checkouts, as it is a Self Service style store, the job of checking is done by the customer themselves; at times, customers would need assistance, and as a worker on the sales floor it was our responsibility to retain that quality of store for the customers.
I learned to manage workers, and work towards a goal and ensuring products were stocked as they came in. – less
The hardest part of this job, when you found out the you got laid off due to reduction of force.
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 29, 2013
Working in Fresh and Easy was a good experience, I meet a lot of very good people and made me proud of my job responsibilities. I'm hoping that this company will stay strong cause they sell good food products.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Duarte, CAApril 1, 2013
At Fresh and Easy as a Customer Assistant I am there for the customers. I help the customers with any questions they may have, in which I have developed a high degree of interpersonal skills. At Fresh and Easy I have learned how to deal with all kinds of people while meeting waste goals both daily and weekly, of which I am in charge. As Customer Assistant, – more... I am also responsible for balancing the stores finances every morning. I was responsible for maintaining cash in the registers and preparing bank deposits as well as preparing daily cash receipts reports, which include Daily Cash Receipt Log. I also receive and direct calls. – less