FreshDirect Employee Reviews

Rewarded for Hard Work
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2015
FreshDirect is where I was most proud of my work throughout the 10 years of my career. You are encouraged to work incredibly hard for the company, and you are rewarded with career growth as a result. While there is a gap within HR to devise a formalized approach to career growth, there are plenty of opportunities if you are hungry and strategize appropriately.

Being that the company is still somewhat new, compensation is not the best - especially for the output you are expected to delivery.

Many of the employees are young, friendly, smart, and helpful. You can easily find a mentor or vice versa, I miss working here.
Pros
Discounted Groceries, Career Advancement, Renovated Office Space, Friendly Environment
Cons
Low Compensation, Unattainable Deliverables
Demanding work, long hours, work in all conditions.
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJuly 25, 2015
A job where all that's important is getting the packages to customers, not anything that is in between. There was a time where we worked through an entire snow storm.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
little to no tip, no value in the corporation, no advancement.
Freshdirect review
OPERATIONS SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJune 5, 2015
A typical Day at fresh direct is non stop from the time you clock in to the time you clock out, we are constantly on the phones with customer service department as well as transportation to department to make sure customer receive seamless deliveries.

A job in the Operation Center at Fresh Direct is challenging and rewarding,

co-worker are young and energetic and require supervision, but friendly and knowledgeable.

Management does not recognize talent and experience and advancement is slow.

Speaking with customer and resolving issues with their deliveries is the beat part of the day.
Pros
easy money, casual work environment.
Cons
slow advancement and managment cliques
A close-knit community of hard-working dreamers and doers
Brand Marketing & Partnerships Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2015
I've had many positions at FreshDirect over the past several years. Management there has allowed me to grow and try new things, stretch my creative wings, and take on new challenges. It is a place that thrives on innovation and drive. Maybe not for the faint-hearted, but good for those who want to know the world of food retail and e-commerce in a fast-paced (think newsroom) environment.
A place where you can learn a lot and gain job experience
Pastry roundsman / Baker (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYApril 25, 2015
- I have to fulled a large task in a timely manner
- I've learned to be more organized
- management needs to improve
- co-workers N/A
- hardest part of my job is to complete daily task with short staff
- most enjoyable part of my day is going home to my family
Not a great company to work for
LOGISTICS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  LIC, NYMarch 10, 2015
Not technological advanced. only a few people make decisions which affects everybody. The only good thing is occasional parties.
Pros
occasional parties
Cons
no exciting projects
meet some great people, bad for it pros
End User Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 3, 2015
Worked as an IT professional for a few years. Most customers we serve were great people and some I am still friends with to this day.

Poor management for it personnel that don't support you. Unrealistic expectations expected. Promises of the stars and provide the slums. No training, constantly forcing goals and leaving you to fail.

If you are IT professional, don't work here.
Pros
good people, stock kitchen
Cons
poor management it dept unstructured
bad administration, bad benefits, favoritis
cook/prep cook (Former Employee) –  Long Island-Queens, NYFebruary 26, 2015
is a company for the person only to start, because they sell you a nice and decent place but the employees and supervisor have other Cain of mechanism which is not good to develop and grown in the company.
Pros
easy to get in, working hours
Cons
low pay, bad benefits, un secured place to work
good place to start if you need experience as a driver or plan on moving up.Do not work@ the nj cross dock you won't be able to take time off without
management (Former Employee) –  Hackensack njJanuary 19, 2015
Over time in the nj cross dock if you are Spanish, management is partial to Spanish employees, and do not try to take time off you have accumulated god for bid you have an emergency (unless you are Spanish) the lead management will give you a problem and act like he is doing you a favor, so my advice is do not work at the new Jersey cross dock
Pros
don't joke around
Cons
the job
horrible management and bad pay
Meat Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 18, 2015
This is a really bad company. The management always seem to lie to you about everything. First they lie you about the amount t of money you work be paid and n y make a very hostile work environment to work in. They pay you a horrible rate for the value you are suppose to get I. This industry.Even if you have experience they pay you horrible I also recommend that you don't buy food from the company either. They drop meat on the floor and still sell it to customers. Employees don't wash their hands she. They have finished using the bathroom but cut your meat horrible place just horrible
Pros
no e
Cons
too manyto name
good company
sorter (Former Employee) –  long island cityJanuary 9, 2015
Its a great company, I work there for one month the mananger are really bad do not know English and treat you like slaves ,the leads are all Spanish and when u do not understand what the saying its a big deal and the like to put the new worker in the colder parts of the ware house, and this is the long island city warehouse ,then the time u on what you scanned ,so the company may be good but the management of this warehouse need to be revamped .Franklyn
Pros
cold place
Cons
lie a lot
Good Company
Associate Category Manager and Buyer - Dairy (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYDecember 13, 2014
Interesting company to work for. Big company and innovative product.
Pros
free food, good commute
Cons
poor managment
Is fun because we compete
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2014
working in freshdirect is a big opportunity for, because it makes me fast in work
Good place to start.
Sanitation Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJune 1, 2014
it is a good company that is employee and customer focused. Its 24/7 so you may have to adjust to working over night but its not too bad.
Pros
food program benefits
Cons
early
Learn and do a lot
IT Support Intern (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 20, 2014
• Level 1/service desk and Level 2/ end user support
• Build, troubleshoot laptop and desktop wireless/hardware/software issues in Corporate
• Assist users with Ensym/Active Directory
• Support and document IT management team for portfolio list 2014
Pros
learned a lot
Freshdirect - good place to start a IT career
I.T. Support Technician (Current Employee) –  LIC NYSeptember 23, 2013
As an employee of Freshdirect I can say its a great place to start a career in IT. You get initially get exposed to a variety of topics within IT but it pretty much stops there (at least in my department) One thing you will learn is the value of knowing how to CORRECTLY troubleshoot a problem and how to work under very stressful situations and in possible the worst environment (The warehouse is a balmy 38 degrees and the freezer is about -20)

The co-workers within the team are great but most of them are burnt out, no real ambition to do anything else (mainly because theres no opportunity for advancement) and the pay is pretty much low compare to jobs in the field.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
absolutely no career advancement
Worse company to work for as a driver/helper
Driver (Former Employee) –  Long Island city,queensSeptember 12, 2013
This company is the worse. They don't care about there employee for nothing. Always threatening you to make it on time and if you don't they will write you up or fire u and it doesn't matter if you late from traffic it's your fault. Management is horrible they have no idea how to run the company. The pay also horrible if u a driver. And as you stay longer and longer they try to get you fire since u start making more money and will hire new people since they will be paying them much lower. Everytime I went in a truck u would either find frozen waste like using the bathroom in the freezer capartment. They give u more stop then u can handle. The trucks r horrible some dont have ac or heat. To be honest I wouldn't be surprise if they all don't past d.o.t inspection that's how bad these trucks r in there condition. Overall there so much to say on how bad this company is so please save urself all te trouble n don't work for this company or buy any food because the worker like to use the bathroom in the truck where the food is in.
Cons
everything.
FreshDirect Long Island
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 4, 2013
Projects Description: FreshDirect is the leading profitable online grocer in the U.S. with customers in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. It is known for its fresh-from-the-farm foods and brand-name groceries at everyday low prices, all delivered to customers’ doors. FreshDirect’s food experts rate all produce and seafood every morning and give each item an Expert Quality Rating to help customers choose what is best and in-season. FreshDirect customers can enjoy over 600 Entrees and Side Dishes, made fresh daily by professional chefs using the finest, freshest ingredients. FreshDirect ranks 70th on Internet Retailer’s Top 500 Guide
A place where you have learning experiences everyday
Dairy Inventory Analyst Lead (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYAugust 6, 2012
I have a good group of coworkers, my supervisor is a great person.
Right now I work in cold demanding environment. Inventory is something that I love doing everyday.
Pros
working with diverse people, opportunities for growth are always available, good employee benefits
summary of freshdirect
IT Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 26, 2012
A typical day would start at 5 am and got till 4pm.Managment is of poor quality and more than professional they are bully to get the work done. Most co-workers are uneducated and dont speak english.
Pros
nothing
Cons
10 to 12 hour days daily

Comment – July 8, 2013

There should be a law that stop big companies like this one. first they will make you lose your job. remmember make you lose your job. they will make your life hell to make you quit our go off so you will be fired. mangement is the worst of the worst. i remember it was a snowy and icey day. My manager stated to me dont bring anything back. the ice was so bad that my truck would slide back, even when i put the truck in park. the trucks are the worst, most are rental and they want you to do your best with the worst. i was a drive for jersey, and i got fired because i left the truck on. My supervisor didnt like me so he reported me. they have a zero policy for some people. I would never advise a person to order or worker there. Please listen to me. This is a bad company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.9