FreshDirect

FreshDirect Employee Reviews

A place where you can learn a lot and gain job experience
Pastry roundsman / Baker (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYApril 25, 2015
- I have to fulled a large task in a timely manner
- I've learned to be more organized
- management needs to improve
- co-workers N/A
- hardest part of my job is to complete daily task with short staff
- most enjoyable part of my day is going home to my family
Not a great company to work for
LOGISTICS ANALYST (Current Employee), LIC, NYMarch 10, 2015
Pros: occasional parties
Cons: no exciting projects
Not technological advanced. only a few people make decisions which affects everybody. The only good thing is occasional parties.
meet some great people, bad for it pros
End User Desktop Support (Former Employee), Queens, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good people, stock kitchen
Cons: poor management it dept unstructured
Worked as an IT professional for a few years. Most customers we serve were great people and some I am still friends with to this day.

Poor management for it personnel that don't support you. Unrealistic expectations expected. Promises of the stars and provide the slums. No training, constantly forcing goals and leaving you to fail.

If you are IT professional, don't work here.
bad administration, bad benefits, favoritis
cook/prep cook (Former Employee), Long Island-Queens, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: easy to get in, working hours
Cons: low pay, bad benefits, un secured place to work
is a company for the person only to start, because they sell you a nice and decent place but the employees and supervisor have other Cain of mechanism which is not good to develop and grown in the company.
good place to start if you need experience as a driver or plan on moving up.Do not work@ the nj cross dock you won't be able to take time off without
management (Former Employee), Hackensack njJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: don't joke around
Cons: the job
Over time in the nj cross dock if you are Spanish, management is partial to Spanish employees, and do not try to take time off you have accumulated god for bid you have an emergency (unless you are Spanish) the lead management will give you a problem and act like he is doing you a favor, so my advice is do not work at the new Jersey cross dock
horrible management and bad pay
Meat Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: no e
Cons: too manyto name
This is a really bad company. The management always seem to lie to you about everything. First they lie you about the amount t of money you work be paid and n y make a very hostile work environment to work in. They pay you a horrible rate for the value you are suppose to get I. This industry.Even if you have experience they pay you horrible I also recommend that you don't buy food from the company either. They drop meat on the floor and still sell it to customers. Employees don't wash their hands she. They have finished using the bathroom but cut your meat horrible place just horrible
good company
sorter (Former Employee), long island cityJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: cold place
Cons: lie a lot
Its a great company, I work there for one month the mananger are really bad do not know English and treat you like slaves ,the leads are all Spanish and when u do not understand what the saying its a big deal and the like to put the new worker in the colder parts of the ware house, and this is the long island city warehouse ,then the time u on what you scanned ,so the company may be good but the management of this warehouse need to be revamped .Franklyn
Good Company
Associate Category Manager and Buyer - Dairy (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYDecember 13, 2014
Pros: free food, good commute
Cons: poor managment
Interesting company to work for. Big company and innovative product.
Is fun because we compete
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 20, 2014
working in freshdirect is a big opportunity for, because it makes me fast in work
Good place to start.
Sanitation Department Lead (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYJune 1, 2014
Pros: food program benefits
Cons: early
it is a good company that is employee and customer focused. Its 24/7 so you may have to adjust to working over night but its not too bad.
Learn and do a lot
IT Support Intern (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYMarch 20, 2014
Pros: learned a lot
• Level 1/service desk and Level 2/ end user support
• Build, troubleshoot laptop and desktop wireless/hardware/software issues in Corporate
• Assist users with Ensym/Active Directory
• Support and document IT management team for portfolio list 2014
Freshdirect - good place to start a IT career
I.T. Support Technician (Current Employee), LIC NYSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: absolutely no career advancement
As an employee of Freshdirect I can say its a great place to start a career in IT. You get initially get exposed to a variety of topics within IT but it pretty much stops there (at least in my department) One thing you will learn is the value of knowing how to CORRECTLY troubleshoot a problem and how to work under very stressful situations and in possible the worst environment (The warehouse is a balmy 38 degrees and the freezer is about -20)

The co-workers within the team are great but most of them are burnt out, no real ambition to do anything else (mainly because theres no opportunity for advancement) and the pay is pretty much low compare to jobs in the field.
Worse company to work for as a driver/helper
Driver (Former Employee), Long Island city,queensSeptember 12, 2013
Cons: everything.
This company is the worse. They don't care about there employee for nothing. Always threatening you to make it on time and if you don't they will write you up or fire u and it doesn't matter if you late from traffic it's your fault. Management is horrible they have no idea how to run the company. The pay also horrible if u a driver. And as you stay longer and longer they try to get you fire since u start making more money and will hire new people since they will be paying them much lower. Everytime I went in a truck u would either find frozen waste like using the bathroom in the freezer capartment. They give u more stop then u can handle. The trucks r horrible some dont have ac or heat. To be honest I wouldn't be surprise if they all don't past d.o.t inspection that's how bad these trucks r in there condition. Overall there so much to say on how bad this company is so please save urself all te trouble n don't work for this company or buy any food because the worker like to use the bathroom in the truck where the food is in.
FreshDirect Long Island
QA Engineer (Former Employee), Long Island, NYJanuary 4, 2013
Projects Description: FreshDirect is the leading profitable online grocer in the U.S. with customers in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. It is known for its fresh-from-the-farm foods and brand-name groceries at everyday low prices, all delivered to customers’ doors. FreshDirect’s food experts rate all produce and seafood every morning and give each item an Expert Quality Rating to help customers choose what is best and in-season. FreshDirect customers can enjoy over 600 Entrees and Side Dishes, made fresh daily by professional chefs using the finest, freshest ingredients. FreshDirect ranks 70th on Internet Retailer’s Top 500 Guide
A place where you have learning experiences everyday
Dairy Inventory Analyst Lead (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYAugust 6, 2012
Pros: working with diverse people, opportunities for growth are always available, good employee benefits
I have a good group of coworkers, my supervisor is a great person.
Right now I work in cold demanding environment. Inventory is something that I love doing everyday.
summary of freshdirect
IT Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee), Long Island, NYJune 26, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: 10 to 12 hour days daily
A typical day would start at 5 am and got till 4pm.Managment is of poor quality and more than professional they are bully to get the work done. Most co-workers are uneducated and dont speak english.

July 8, 2013

There should be a law that stop big companies like this one. first they will make you lose your job. remmember make you lose your job. they will make your life hell to make you quit our go off so you will be fired. mangement is the worst of the worst. i remember it was a snowy and icey day. My manager stated to me dont bring anything back. the ice was so bad that my truck would slide back, even when i put the truck in park. the trucks are the worst, most are rental and they want you to do your best with the worst. i was a drive for jersey, and i got fired because i left the truck on. My supervisor didnt like me so he reported me. they have a zero policy for some people. I would never advise a person to order or worker there. Please listen to me. This is a bad company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About FreshDirect

The emphasis is on fresh at online grocer FreshDirect. The Internet grocery shopping service delivers to many New York City neighborhoods – Read more