FreshDirect Employee Reviews

Fantastic Workplace
Bilingual Senior Training Analyst (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYNovember 14, 2016
I loved working at FreshDirect. Had great support from my supervisor. Also, it is super down to earth. I mean you don't know many companies where the CEO says hello and greets you says thank you for your job every other week.
I loved the freebies we would get every week!
Employee store is FANTASTIC!

Great career advancement opportunities if you work hard!
Pros
Career Growth, employee store, discounts, freebies
Trendy
Director Fleet Operations (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYAugust 10, 2016
Trying to bring the google atmosphere to the work environment, People can be very aloof at times. then new building in the Bronx will bring more people together
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
moving to the Bronx
Great Place to gain a lot of exposure in different areas!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2016
There is a lot of autonomy and gives you the opportunity to gain a lot of exposure. Your ideas are heard and supported by the team. A lot of room to really absorb an abundance amount of knowledge.
Great amount of autonomy and collaboration
Talent Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2016
-Great co-workers
-Get to try a lot of new products and test them before release
-A lot of diversity leads to great idea sharing
Pros
Great Food, Perks, etc
very exciting place to work
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2016
Cutting edge grocery home delivery retailer in the very finicky Metro NYC market. Highest quality products at affordable prices. Everyday brings a new opportunity.
productive
PROCESS LEAD TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 12, 2016
Its an okay work Environment, enjoy learning what all departments are about also learned alot about produce and dairy products
Pros
okay
Cons
okay
Rewarded for Hard Work
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2015
FreshDirect is where I was most proud of my work throughout the 10 years of my career. You are encouraged to work incredibly hard for the company, and you are rewarded with career growth as a result. While there is a gap within HR to devise a formalized approach to career growth, there are plenty of opportunities if you are hungry and strategize appropriately.

Being that the company is still somewhat new, compensation is not the best - especially for the output you are expected to delivery.

Many of the employees are young, friendly, smart, and helpful. You can easily find a mentor or vice versa, I miss working here.
Pros
Discounted Groceries, Career Advancement, Renovated Office Space, Friendly Environment
Cons
Low Compensation, Unattainable Deliverables
Demanding work, long hours, work in all conditions.
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJuly 25, 2015
A job where all that's important is getting the packages to customers, not anything that is in between. There was a time where we worked through an entire snow storm.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
little to no tip, no value in the corporation, no advancement.
Freshdirect review
OPERATIONS SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJune 5, 2015
A typical Day at fresh direct is non stop from the time you clock in to the time you clock out, we are constantly on the phones with customer service department as well as transportation to department to make sure customer receive seamless deliveries.

A job in the Operation Center at Fresh Direct is challenging and rewarding,

co-worker are young and energetic and require supervision, but friendly and knowledgeable.

Management does not recognize talent and experience and advancement is slow.

Speaking with customer and resolving issues with their deliveries is the beat part of the day.
Pros
easy money, casual work environment.
Cons
slow advancement and managment cliques
A close-knit community of hard-working dreamers and doers
Brand Marketing & Partnerships Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2015
I've had many positions at FreshDirect over the past several years. Management there has allowed me to grow and try new things, stretch my creative wings, and take on new challenges. It is a place that thrives on innovation and drive. Maybe not for the faint-hearted, but good for those who want to know the world of food retail and e-commerce in a fast-paced (think newsroom) environment.
A place where you can learn a lot and gain job experience
Pastry roundsman / Baker (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYApril 25, 2015
- I have to fulled a large task in a timely manner
- I've learned to be more organized
- management needs to improve
- co-workers N/A
- hardest part of my job is to complete daily task with short staff
- most enjoyable part of my day is going home to my family
Not a great company to work for
LOGISTICS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  LIC, NYMarch 10, 2015
Not technological advanced. only a few people make decisions which affects everybody. The only good thing is occasional parties.
Pros
Occasional Parties
Cons
No exciting projects
meet some great people, bad for it pros
End User Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 3, 2015
Worked as an IT professional for a few years. Most customers we serve were great people and some I am still friends with to this day.

Poor management for it personnel that don't support you. Unrealistic expectations expected. Promises of the stars and provide the slums. No training, constantly forcing goals and leaving you to fail.

If you are IT professional, don't work here.
Pros
good people, stock kitchen
Cons
Poor management IT dept unstructured
bad administration, bad benefits, favoritis
cook/prep cook (Former Employee) –  Long Island-Queens, NYFebruary 26, 2015
is a company for the person only to start, because they sell you a nice and decent place but the employees and supervisor have other Cain of mechanism which is not good to develop and grown in the company.
Pros
easy to get in, working hours
Cons
low pay, bad benefits, un secured place to work
good place to start if you need experience as a driver or plan on moving up.Do not work@ the nj cross dock you won't be able to take time off without
management (Former Employee) –  Hackensack njJanuary 19, 2015
Over time in the nj cross dock if you are Spanish, management is partial to Spanish employees, and do not try to take time off you have accumulated god for bid you have an emergency (unless you are Spanish) the lead management will give you a problem and act like he is doing you a favor, so my advice is do not work at the new Jersey cross dock
Pros
don't joke around
Cons
the job
horrible management and bad pay
Meat Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 18, 2015
This is a really bad company. The management always seem to lie to you about everything. First they lie you about the amount t of money you work be paid and n y make a very hostile work environment to work in. They pay you a horrible rate for the value you are suppose to get I. This industry.Even if you have experience they pay you horrible I also recommend that you don't buy food from the company either. They drop meat on the floor and still sell it to customers. Employees don't wash their hands she. They have finished using the bathroom but cut your meat horrible place just horrible
Pros
no e
Cons
too manyto name
good company
sorter (Former Employee) –  long island cityJanuary 9, 2015
Its a great company, I work there for one month the mananger are really bad do not know English and treat you like slaves ,the leads are all Spanish and when u do not understand what the saying its a big deal and the like to put the new worker in the colder parts of the ware house, and this is the long island city warehouse ,then the time u on what you scanned ,so the company may be good but the management of this warehouse need to be revamped .Franklyn
Pros
cold place
Cons
lie a lot
Good Company
Associate Category Manager and Buyer - Dairy (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYDecember 13, 2014
Interesting company to work for. Big company and innovative product.
Pros
Free Food, good commute
Cons
poor managment
Is fun because we compete
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2014
working in freshdirect is a big opportunity for, because it makes me fast in work
Good place to start.
Sanitation Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJune 1, 2014
it is a good company that is employee and customer focused. Its 24/7 so you may have to adjust to working over night but its not too bad.
Pros
Food program benefits
Cons
early

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FreshDirect. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8