Freshpair is the online destination for everything underwear and founder of National Underwear Day. We consider ourselves the experts of underwear and a mantra that bold demands a pretty dynamic staff.
We are currently looking for a full-time Junior Visual Web Designer to join our esteemed web production team in our NYC Soho office. Our ideal team member is ambitious, inventive, and proactive, with the ability to embrace our unique perspective.
As a Junior Visual Web Designers at Freshpair you will be a part of the Web Production Team. You will be in charge of the production of design materials such as emails, online ads and banners. You will maintain the design and improvement of the current website, and take on a variety of other miscellaneous projects. You will also play a key role in assisting the Junior Art Director/Art Director with Marketing and/or brand photo shoots.
The Junior Visual Web Designer will translate the Marketing, Merchandising and Customer Care needs into clean, visually engaging, usable designs that stay true to the Freshpair brand. You will have superb layout and typography skills with experience in a digital design environment (ideally an online retailer). You will have an understanding and demonstrated skills with UI/UX and be able to clearly communicate your designs to cross departmental team members. As a member of the Web Production department you will work directly with your design and tech counterparts to collaborate and communicate day-to-day changes. Entrepreneurial thought and creativity is key. If you feel you have the unique energy we're looking for, we invite you to apply. In addition to supplying your resume and your portfolio, we suggest you familiarize yourself with Freshpair.com and incite a few unique ideas as part of your interview.
- 1+ year professional experience working in web design with an internal marketing team
- BA in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field
- An excellent portfolio showcasing digital work samples
- Impeccable organizational skills including file structure, file management and archiving
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Strong understanding of User Interface/UX Design and ways to optimize
- Solid understanding of ecommerce design and production
- Experience following brand guidelines and specs
- Strong skills in Photoshop, HTML & CSS
- The ability to think outside of the box and proactively
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all other departments
- Ability to take direction and translate it into tasks and goals
- Ensuring all web projects are executed within time line and schedule
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to keep abreast of innovative design trends and technologies.
- Strong understanding of all digital platforms (e.g. mobile, tablet, web etc.)
- The ability to infuse consumer insights in designs
- The ability to inspire other coworkers by bringing new ideas and concepts to work
- Strong passion for the intimate apparel sector
- Adobe CS5 --CS6 (InDesign/illustrator/Photoshop/Flash)
- HTML & CSS
- Basic photography/video skills
- Basic Retouching skills
Freshpair offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a casual and fun, team-based working environment. Please send your resume, portfolio and salary requirements for consideration. Any submissions without portfolio will not be considered.