Fresno County Employee Reviews

Library Assistant II (Work Study) (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 2, 2016
Assisted the main LA II with general office duties and house keeping. Help with computer sign ups and use of the library computers and programs.
Pros
Flexible to school schedule
Cons
No advancement
Underpaid & Stressful
Admitting Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 19, 2016
The pay is ridiculously low and not worth the stress you endure. My position is very complex and not for everyone. Only minimal mistakes are accepted. This can be a bit stressful for anyone.
Pros
Great benefits, helpful people, great work environment
Cons
Expensive benefits, horrible pay, stressful
work place
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 12, 2016
This is my house I do childcare for. My work environment is safe and protected by any type of things that can harm a baby or toddler.
Pros
free play time
Cons
the payment
Bullying and Harrassment type of management: Top management knows and does nothing.
HES (Current Employee) –  DPHOctober 3, 2015
You do not want to work here, EVER! Management uses harassment tactics, even when you are fulfilling your job duties and succeeding. You are not talked to unless they need something from you. There is no teamwork in this TEAM. The management treats everyone horrible and is an intensely toxic environment to work in. If you can do it, you will pull your hair out just to get yourself to go to work. It is the worst management I have ever experienced. They treat you like they own you and do not let you advance and hold you prisoner in their program because they pull every string and lie so that no one will hire you in other departments. Their reach even extends to other counties so be assured, if you come here, you will only be asking for trouble to follow you to your next job, if you can get one after this.
Pros
The Pro's are: you actually can..make a difference in the communities you work in.
Cons
TOXIC ENVIRONMENT, Harrasment management
like my co-workers
Road Maintenance Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Sanger, CAAugust 7, 2015
never had a job that was enjoyable and worked with such great guys. looked forward to going to work every morning because there was always something new diffrent to do..
full time , easy , enjoyable
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 30, 2015
a typical day at work was dealing with children enjoying the time spent with them and taking care of them. I learned lots and lots of responsibility, I wouldn't really say that there was anything hared about the job
Pros
everything about the job
fun work place
Office Assistant/ File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 7, 2015
I learned how to input data into a computer using word, excel and power point also learned how to use a copy and fax machine.. I learned how to properly file papers and documents in computers and how to scan and paste..
my co workers and management were excellent they were all very nice and really understanding when I needed help with something
the hardest part of the job was learning everything from scratch but most I enjoyed working there because it was really good experience in office and receptionist
Pros
excellent enviroment
Cons
small office space
Productive place to work at.
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 24, 2015
A typical day at work was picking up the children I would look after from school and take them to their home to look after them until their grandmother got off school or work. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything. There was not a hard part about the job. When I work I have a smile all the time and enjoy working.
poor work enviorment
OA (Former Employee) –  fairgroundsOctober 15, 2014
This is not a place you want to work if you would like to move up. There is favoritism and lord forbid you get on someone bad side you will never move up or in any direction. They have work place bulling and nothing is done about it. You would think that the county would be a professional work environment but it’s far from it more like a slave camp you go to work and grin and bear it. High turnover due to the mistreatment of employees; New employees don't last long have to have tough skin to work there supervisor and upper management very disrespectful and degrading to employees. They have a union (SEU) but don't look for help from them their worthless. Good luck and learn to suck it up. If you know of anyone that works for the county ask questions before going into enslavement.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
work place bulling is horrific
Good work place, excellent co-workers
Office Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 26, 2014
I would recommend the county as an employer for both young and older. A typical day at work was good; generally very busy, but co-workers always "pitched-in" to help where needed. The hardest part of the job would have occurred while working with unhappy consumers, but one learns to focus on learning how to help consumers.
Pros
free parking
Productive and loved the job!
Staff Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 14, 2014
I really enjoyed the atmosphere. I learned a lot and there are team orientated. My day would go by fast and everyone was really helpful.
Terrible Administration
Eligibility Worker (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 15, 2014
Once hired, no formal training for 3+ months. Due to ACA/Obamacare, no one knows what's going on. Computer systems are down on a daily basis and computer programs utilized are plagued with bugs and issues.
Great job for just graduating from college
Drug and Alcohol Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  sanger, caMay 2, 2014
I worked closely with schools and community organizations to encourage children to stay away from drugs and live healthy life styles.
Pros
rewarding work, traveling
Cons
hours
fresno county
office assistant (Current Employee) –  fresno, caMarch 12, 2014
i am very pleased with my work environment, all the staff that is invovled. The atmosphere is very welcoming and my expierence is going well at this site.
Eligibility Worker
Eligibility Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 16, 2014
Great place to work. Wonderful co-workers and supervisors.
Average place to work
Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) –  CANovember 24, 2013
Good overall work environment. Interesting things to do all day as a System & Procedures Analysis.
Pros
medium stress
Cons
unexcused absence
Simple and to the point
City Clerk-Temp (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 24, 2013
This was a temporary job but was very fun and it was simple and to the point.
Very stressful
Eligibility Worker I (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 7, 2013
interesting. Never know what each day holds.
Very stressful. Management didn't really care about us. Just the work.
Public very rude and always on our cases.
Keeping up with the workload was the most stressful part.
Pros
employed
Cons
stress level very high
Fun working here
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 27, 2013
A friendly environment and stress free job. Love working here
Fun to be around my niece.
ChildCare Provider (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 21, 2013
I love doing the In home child care for my niece I was able to be with her for a year and watch her grow and talk up a storm. I was also with my son with I loved too. I would like to do this again, but in a daycare facility. Teaching them new things and watching their faces light up like, "wow that was so cool do it again", is really the best feeling and you know your doing something right. Being able to do art projects, and playing all day was just really enjoyable.

Fresno County Reviews by Location