Fresno Economic Opportunities Commission Employee Reviews

Excellent work place
Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 23, 2017
Best work place I know about. Even tho its part time the work is still good the pay is good. I love to travel and help the community. Also betters me as a person.
Good working enviroment nice friendly workers
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 1, 2017
I would love to work here again because i learned alot from receiving and stocking merchandise and packing school lunches.
Productive, time flys by.
Dispatcher I (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 13, 2016
FEOC has great benefits the managers work with me the dispatchers, Drivers and managers make my job go by fast have nothing bad to say of course just like any or job we may find ourselves figuring out issues nothing we can't fix
Pros
Good benefits
Hard working people
Business Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 26, 2014
Work as part of a team to realize mission state. I have learned that poverty is not only due to lack of employment, its due to several components such as mental health, family, education, community support, and opportunity.
Pros
Excellent health benefits
Cons
No progression program
Want to give back to your community? This is the place to do it in town.
Executive Office (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 8, 2014
Fresno EOC has a great culture that has evolved over the past few years, for the better. I feel like I have a real opportunity to make a difference in the community each day. I am able to discuss and recommend improvements and am heard by management.

I enjoy going to work each day and I no longer dread Mondays.
Pros
Excellent benefits, great staff and management, an opportunity to give back to community
Cons
Funded through grants, small raises
Opportunity is rewarded on hard and innovated work
Project Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 29, 2014
I build my career through working long hours, long self-training, and never stop learning to get where I am at, at a short period of time. Understanding business and people skills are critical for growth. Writing is essential.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
Organization is traditional; too big and slow on change and adapting new technology
CEO and Management have no people skills they are snakes
Human Resources Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 23, 2013
I did my job but I knew that snakes prowled i.e. HR Mgmt. Team Leadership team. They made life at a worthwhile organization miserable.
Pros
line staff
Cons
inempt management
Excellent Agency to work for
Program Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 16, 2013
I learned many administrative duties and how to operate Microsoft Programs during my years at FEOC. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and management staff. We had a professional team within our program. The hardest part of my position was to inform persons who were interested in our services that did not meet our eligibility criteria, we were unable to assist everyone due to our policy guidelines. I enjoyed assisted our clients and developing with our staff ideas on to recruit potential clients and help our community.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, employee actitivies
Cons
lack of workload