Fresno Pacific University Employee Reviews

Potential to be great but often disappoints.
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Working as a student is not a great way to make money. Conduct standards are unclear and inconsistent. Student workers are often overworked and underappreciated. However, the community is rewarding.
Productive and fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 24, 2016
The staff and faculty are always pleasant to be around. The environment is very peaceful and relaxing. There's a positive message almost daily.
Pros
Great coworkers
Great people, archaiac perspective
Director of Outreach & Development Merced Campus (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Great university in terms of people, dedication, and community value. Leadership is in the 70's in a digital age. Too many decision makers slow any hope for growth and change and that is why they are being pushed out of the market by lesser schools. 75% of upper leadership needs to retire.
Good family place of employment -- leadership tunnel vision
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Great place for work and ministry to be one. Though your pay will reflect more of the ministry side. Has students as a priority, though that seems to be headed more in a numbers direction.
Pros
Good overall culture
Cons
Immediate leadership has narrow views and pay is so so
Great University
CHORAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Great place to build relationships with students and staff members. A great mutual learning environment that equips young professionals for entry into competitive work environments.
Pros
Mutual learning environment
Cons
Not enough opportunities for employment
Wonderful university to pursue higher education with a Christ-centered learning environment.
Fitness Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 11, 2015
Fresno Pacific University is an excellent place to pursue higher eduction, especially for those seeking a Christ-centered learning environment. The professors are very knowledgable, experts in their fields, and most of all willing to help the students learn. There are multiple majors to pursue and many opportunities as far as student involvement, sports, recreation, and so forth. I highly recommend this university to anyone seeking a degree in any of their offered majors, and to those seeking a learning environment focused on the Christian worldview.
Pros
Great eduction, Christ-centered, small-town atmosphere
Cons
Expensive tuition
Christian University community
Grounds Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 3, 2015
Worked independently.

I learned how to operate stick mowers, other cutting tools and sprinkler systems.

Became close to supervisor and other co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was being unable to interact with the college students due to my position as Assistant Track Coach and Gym Manager being eliminated.

The most enjoyable part of the job was my supervisor and working in the seminary part of the campus.
Pros
Long term employment, enjoyed working with college students
Cons
Benefits, budget cuts causing employees to be terminated
Learning Community
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 21, 2015
As an advisor, it brings me great joy to be able to guide and give advice for the success of my students. We provide one-on-one appreciative advising assuring holistic services.
Our team is a learning team, continuously pro-active in upgrading our operations, strategic planning, processes, and procedures.
Our institution is proud to be greatly involved within the local community as a key stakeholder in furthering education and providing excellent customer service.
Pros
Fun work environment, co-workers are like family, great office space
Cons
N/A
fun school
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 20, 2015
I had many different jobs here and depending on the job and the department, the management can vary from 1 star to 5 star. On a couple of my jobs my coworkers were very lazy and I often felt like I was the one pulling a lot of the weight. On my third and final job here, however, everything from my coworkers to the management was amazing. If you are a student working at Fresno Pacific, I do not recommend working in the cafeteria.
Great leadership and educational experience that allowed me to grow and improve my skill.
Athletic Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 3, 2015
The typical work load included daily upkeep of the FPU Athletic's website and creating new promotional pieces for within the institution and local community. During home contest I was a full part of the event staff that allowed to operate the game stats and site supervision including the occasional game call for the websites game live link. I had the privilege to oversee the inaugural Sunbird's Sports Day with 100 local youth participating.
Pros
Great leadership, ability to enhance my skills
Cons
Lack of ability to renew my contract
Productive and fun place to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 17, 2012
A typical day at work includes answering phones, providing customer service, processing confidential information, and scheduling appointments. I learned a lot from working at the Registrar's office. It is a fast-paced environment where you have to be able to multi-task and provide excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job would be multi-tasking when we there is a rush, but the most enjoyable part of the job is that there re co-workers who cooperate together to make the day go smoothly.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
only part-time
A great place to work where you get to meet many new different people.
Student Life Division Student Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 9, 2013
Just a great place to work and they take highly into consideration of the student workers' schedules. Though it is not always highly busy, you have a chance to work on your homework when it is slow and you get to meet many different types of people.
Pros
you get to work on your homework, meet new people, and know what's going on campus
Cons
Not a lot of hours, but it's because they take into consideration of the student's studies.
Friendly environment
Chestnut Apartments Tutor, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 19, 2013
I usually check the mail the second I arrive at work. I file and organize papers and input student data onto excel. When I have done all the work for the day I make sure the office is clean. I have learned how to manage my time well. I have developed a habit of always finding something productive to do during work hours. My supervisor shows me and my co-workers how to be more professional in the work environment. She is patient and lets the workers learn as they go. The hardest part of the job is scheduling students to meet with the staff. Sometimes the staff schedules an appointment but are not there and it leaves the student and me in a difficult position. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and creating relationships.
Nice nice people to work with.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 13, 2015
I enjoyed the people and the push for education. I'm thankful I was able to go to school and work at the same time. Easy to take time off for kids and family.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Almost impossible to promote.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 13, 2015
It was a professional setting where you had the freedom to work by yourself as well as accompanied by others. Care about your personal growth within the field.
Productive and Fun Place with daily activities
Internship at the Protection Department (Former Employee) –  Fresno CaApril 15, 2015
As a student intern working a part time, this job allowed me to not only work but also gain experience serving other students on campus. This was a very interactive job.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Trips
Cons
Only students that attend FPU can work as interns
Great place to learn and to work.
Laboratory Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 10, 2013
I was a student worker. The supervisors/professors are friendly and enjoyable to work with and to talk to. In my position there is always something to do, sometimes three things at once. When it gets overwhelming, I can ask for a breather so I can do the job properly.
Pros
Great people, enviornment, and school
Cons
N/A
well.......
Student / Maintenace (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 2, 2015
do you enjoy.............. low pay? a culture that rams religion down your throat? no hours? co-workers that talk behind your back? working for a school that takes advantage of its students?

then this is the job for you!
Pros
paycheck
Cons
you work at fresno pacific
Accounting Tutor
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno PacificJuly 30, 2015
Assist troubled students in accounting related problems and projects. Had a great time and found it great pleasure by helping students find solutions to problems.
Working at FPU was a pleasant and educational experience.
Mentor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 3, 2015
I held a couple of different jobs at FPU. I facilitated a couple of freshman writing labs for a semester, in which I helped first-year students with writing assignments from their other classes and gave general guidance in the technical aspects of writing.

I also worked as a Mentor Assistant, which consisted of assisting a single professor in a single course per semester for two semesters. My duties as Mentor Assistant included such things as running one-on-one and group tutoring sessions, acting as a resource person for the transferring juniors who were in each course as they adjusted to the university community, proctoring exams, and occasionally grading exams. For one of the professors I worked for, I sometimes ran in-class exam reviews.

I enjoyed working with the students in both jobs I held at FPU.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with a stalker who was also one of my students in one of the writing lab sessions. As difficult an experience as that was, I learned a lot about dealing with difficult people in professional situations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresno Pacific University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2