Fresno Pacific University

Fresno Pacific University United States Employee Reviews

Learning Community
Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: fun work environment, co-workers are like family, great office space
Cons: n/a
As an advisor, it brings me great joy to be able to guide and give advice for the success of my students. We provide one-on-one appreciative advising assuring holistic services.
Our team is a learning team, continuously pro-active in upgrading our operations, strategic planning, processes, and procedures.
Our institution is proud to be greatly involved within the local community as a key stakeholder in furthering education and providing excellent customer service.
fun school
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 20, 2015
I had many different jobs here and depending on the job and the department, the management can vary from 1 star to 5 star. On a couple of my jobs my coworkers were very lazy and I often felt like I was the one pulling a lot of the weight. On my third and final job here, however, everything from my coworkers to the management was amazing. If you are a student working at Fresno Pacific, I do not recommend working in the cafeteria.
Its a fun and entetaning place for a new college student
Facilities, Team Lead (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 10, 2015
You wont find more dedicated people to investing in your life. which makes the atmosphere in which you work a fun and energetic one with friends all around you.
Great leadership and educational experience that allowed me to grow and improve my skill.
Athletic Communications Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great leadership, ability to enhance my skills
Cons: lack of ability to renew my contract
The typical work load included daily upkeep of the FPU Athletic's website and creating new promotional pieces for within the institution and local community. During home contest I was a full part of the event staff that allowed to operate the game stats and site supervision including the occasional game call for the websites game live link. I had the privilege to oversee the inaugural Sunbird's Sports Day with 100 local youth participating.
Decent place to work
Student Accounts Manager/ Perkins Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time at FPU. The staff there are all very kind and easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with.
Christian Based employment
Colege Hour Assistant (Former Employee), Office of Spiritual FormationAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free leadership retreats
Cons: temporary job, pay was a scholarship
My position required me to be at work by 7:30 am on Wednesdays and Fridays. Between that time we would set up for sound check for a chapel service. We had to ensure that everything was set up properly and that the sound and microphones were functioning properly. Once that was done I would leave for my 9 am class. After class was over I would return to work and would begin to set up the scanners so that students could receive credit for attending chapel. Once the scanners were set up I would greet the students that would enter and I would scan them in. Once it turned 10:20 am I closed down all the computer and the scanners until chapel was over. At 10:50 am when chapel was over, I returned all the computers to the storage room and would also dismantle all the speakers, wires, music instruments, and video cameras that were set up by other students. Mondays was different from Wednesdays and Fridays in which other students and myself would get together to critique the chapels from the previous weeks and we would also have a bible study. I learned a lot from this job because it allowed me to build connections with pastors and christian leaders within Fresno the community. It has also helped me to embrace my faith and to lead using my faith. Management was great and they showed interest in their workers and would be supportive of us as students. The hardest part of the job was having to lead a bible study, especially since It was new to me and always having to place our own desires aside to help other students. The most enjoyable part of this job was growing in my faith and using it to build new relationships with people of various backgrounds.
University
Grounds Maintenance (student/employee) (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 6, 2014
It was a good place to work and be able to work and go to school.
Great atmosphere
Student Online Support, Team Member (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Great place to be employed as a student while finishing a bachelors degree.
Friendly environment
Chestnut Apartments Tutor, Part-time (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 19, 2013
I usually check the mail the second I arrive at work. I file and organize papers and input student data onto excel. When I have done all the work for the day I make sure the office is clean. I have learned how to manage my time well. I have developed a habit of always finding something productive to do during work hours. My supervisor shows me and my co-workers how to be more professional in the work environment. She is patient and lets the workers learn as they go. The hardest part of the job is scheduling students to meet with the staff. Sometimes the staff schedules an appointment but are not there and it leaves the student and me in a difficult position. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and creating relationships.
Great place to learn and to work.
Laboratory Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 10, 2013
Pros: great people, enviornment, and school
Cons: n/a
I was a student worker. The supervisors/professors are friendly and enjoyable to work with and to talk to. In my position there is always something to do, sometimes three things at once. When it gets overwhelming, I can ask for a breather so I can do the job properly.
A great place to work where you get to meet many new different people.
Student Life Division Student Office Assistant (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: you get to work on your homework, meet new people, and know what's going on campus
Cons: not a lot of hours, but it's because they take into consideration of the student's studies.
Just a great place to work and they take highly into consideration of the student workers' schedules. Though it is not always highly busy, you have a chance to work on your homework when it is slow and you get to meet many different types of people.
Great people
Athletic Event Staff (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 7, 2013
good work environment, people are caring and determined, hardest parts is the beating sun of Fresno during hot summers and freezing mornings during winter
Productive and fun place to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Fresno, CADecember 17, 2012
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: only part-time
A typical day at work includes answering phones, providing customer service, processing confidential information, and scheduling appointments. I learned a lot from working at the Registrar's office. It is a fast-paced environment where you have to be able to multi-task and provide excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job would be multi-tasking when we there is a rush, but the most enjoyable part of the job is that there re co-workers who cooperate together to make the day go smoothly.
Great Place To Work
Library Aide (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 8, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, great staff, tranquil atmosphere
Cons: work study
A typical day working in the library at Fresno Pacific would include working with students to find books or inline articles, paginating and processing graduate student thesises, checking out and checking in books, reshelving books and processing new books. I learned that being detailed oriented is essential to one's success. You must have all your ducks in a row in order to continue to do better and move forward. Manage was amazing. The sweetest people ever, who were generally concerned about employees everyday well-being. They were always willing to help you out and were always looking forward to teaching employees new aspects of the job. The co-workers were very nice. Most were students on work study and we all had a general respect for eachother and were willing to cover eachother's shifts if necessary. The hardest part of my job was learning the Library of Congress. it took me about two weeks to learn it and then another two weeks before I became familiar with it. The most enjoyable part was probably being chosen to do thesis pagination and processing. It was a huge responsibility because I was a part of the process for a graduate student to get theirmaster's or doctoral degree.
Great Atmosphere
Evening Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 10, 2012
Great Christian environment, made friends quickly, liked connecting with the students and being able to help others.
Great environment to work in
Undergraduate Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMay 30, 2012
This has been a great place to work where people treat you with respect and courtesy. The culture is founded on Christ which promotes strong values in the university.
Part-time work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMay 23, 2012
I enjoy this job, but it is only part-time. This means this position is not financially supportive.

Teaching adult students about the important things concerning their jobs in criminal justice is encouraging. I have no complaints.