Fresno Surgical Hospital Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
The best work / life balance
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 28, 2017
No other hospital I have worked at is the call schedule so easy on the family life. Also the doctors are professional and less sexist than any other facility that I have worked at. The biggest drawbacks are not pertinent to the job but certainly part of the work atmosphere. The parking is awful. If your shift is early or late then you will have a nice spot. Start at seven in the morning and you are parking on the street. A parking garage is in the works but for now we suffer. The other negative is the lack of a cafeteria. It forces you to bring lunch from home or order from the nearby restaurants. Bananas, apples, and oranges are provided as well as bread and peanut butter.
Pros
Professional and respectful of family time
Cons
Lacks parking and cafeteria
Fast paced and fun place to work with excellent staff
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 10, 2017
Working at Fresno Surgical Hospital is a great, safe, and exciting place to be. The hardest part of the job was turn overs and how quickly surgeries would be performed in the Ophthalmology department. It is a private and physician owned hospital so I can see why. The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing my patients say how amazing we work together and how comfortable they feel in the operating room. When they would return for the other eye to be performed, they would say how amazing it is to see again which makes my heart full and thankful for what I do as Certified Surgical Technologist.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
N/a
Wonderful place to work with great benefits and friendly staff
Materials Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 10, 2016
I loved working for Fresno Surgical Hospital. The staff was so nice and welcoming. It definitely had a family feel. They offered great benefits and had a lot of employee appreciation events. I would recommend this as a great place to work.
Ok place to work.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 4, 2016
If you are looking for full-time, long-term work, I would not recommend Fresno Surgical Hospital. The Human Resources Department is poorly ran, and job longevity is not something you can look forward to. The pay was ok, but overall, not a great place to apply if you want to keep a job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Co-workers, Environment, no job longevity
Went home with a headache many days of the week!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 22, 2015
Job started of good. In the 3 yrs working there I had 4 department managers due to the stress of the job they resigned. Also 8 nurses resigned or where let go in the same department. Management and HR don't have the employees back, meaning they are not supportive and having an opinion is frowned upon unless you kiss up to the management then they "might" take you serious.
Pros
Provides cookies to employees every Monday.
Cons
Lack of support from management and HR.
Productive workplace with great coworkers and management.
Med Biller,Records Clerk,Collections,Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 20, 2015
Management is great, she keeps us informed with the latest regarding the company and insurance updates. Our team is the perfect example of team players. I start my day with my daily reports , checking voice mails, returning call, and start my day.
Pros
Great office setting, amazing co workers and management.
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Fresno, Ca.March 19, 2015
Busy from start to finish, learned stocking of soft goods, learned instrumentation, and anesthesia technician responsibilities. Co-workers are wonderful people to work with.
Pros
Team mentality, great atmosphere
Cons
Hard to promote in operating room unless you have a nursing degree, or a surgical scrub tech certificate
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CaliforniaOctober 27, 2013
Great place to work. Small surgical hospital with active medical staff.
Great place!
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 21, 2012
This was a great place to work. I learned a lot about how to give great customer service. The staff is great. I loved everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresno Surgical Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4