Fresno Unified School District Employee Reviews

great school district
Campus Assistants (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 31, 2017
fresno unified school district allow many opportunities to employee. they also support staff and encourage them to improve as well. overall the benefits and job security is great.
Pros
nice work hours
Cons
not enough positions
Large school district with many opportunities to advance your career
Administrator/Manager II (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 3, 2017
I enjoyed my job with Fresno Unified. FUSD is supportive of their employees and there is always opportunity for advancement, if you so choose. Fresno Unified offers quality trainings in your related field of work and most take place during the work day or early evenings. Unfortunately I had to resign due to family responsibilities, otherwise I would still be with Fresno Unified.
Pros
Large district with room for advancement.
Cons
Large district and sometimes the wheels grind slowly.
Goal oriented team made for a positive work environment
Marketing Manager/team administrator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 5, 2016
The team worked well together to accomplish goals and projects. Typical day included managing team accounts. I learned that you sometimes have to make something out of nothing and that you have many audiences to please. Management was hands off, but expected results. Co-workers helped out when needed and made the atmosphere positive and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was having to disappoint people when funds were unavailable. The most enjoyable was seeing hard work and effort appreciated by the children.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Seasonal work
nice place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 30, 2017
maintaining coolers and the cook kettles in the cook/ chill department. cooking for all the kids in the school district is pretty neat. and the management is real cool and really work with you.
Pros
Free lunch, get off work at a decent time
Cons
Pay is not good at all
Fun day at Work
Head Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 3, 2017
I worked as Head Athletic Trainer at a High School. I love teaching kids how to work out to prevent injuries so they can be successful in sports.

Kids love to be around me and learn more about care and prevention of injuries. They love to work out and I shared some exercises with them so they can have fun with it.

It was never a dull day at work. Always something to do.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Short breaks and no healthcare
Productive workplace with room to grow
Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 3, 2016
Good work environment, room for advancement. Paid training. Must have patience with children first and foremost. If you don't like children, this is not the place for you.
Pros
Decent pay and excellent benefits
Cons
Paid once a month
Excellent place to work and learn new skills
Preschool Aide (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 2, 2016
I enjoy every minutes that I work there, unfortunately I did not have enough experience to advance my opportunity. My job would variety depending the funds that they had and i would be transfer every year or every other year, i was never at a school for more than a two years.
Pros
Part time
Cons
More requirements for advance opportunity
Productive & fun place to work
Home school Liaison- Williams Elementary (Current Employee) –  Fresno County, CAJanuary 16, 2017
The most enjoyable part of working with Fresno Unified School District is having the ability to interact, assist people within the community. Meeting, engaging, and helping out others is what made my job fun and interesting.
Pros
Friendly staff, helpful staff
Working at FUSD is as much as is put in.
Substitue Librarian (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 17, 2017
I loved working at FUSD. The students were always wonderful and the teachers were always welcoming when I would come from another school. Many times, once the teachers saw my work and that I would reorganize their libraries and everything would be better, they were so happy I had come and fixed everything.
Productive and loving working with others.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 12, 2017
I love working with children's some can be challenging but overall most can be great. What I love about this job is that you can learn different ways on how to deal with most children.
Pros
Being able to help the children out from time to time.
Cons
Not getting better training
Great district
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 1, 2017
Luv the faculty. They are wistful
Nothing but good things they
Are fair
Luv working for them
Kids are wonderful
Wouldn't have it any other way
Typical day prep bus paper work and be in uniform
Go pick kids up, take them to school safely and vice
Versa in the afternoon
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Paraprofessional ( Teacher's Assistant ) (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Typical day included working with the youth and providing aid and care whether it be health or educational. I learned different work habits of a diversity of students.
Pros
Can be a fun work environment
Cons
Can be moved to any job site without notice
Flexible and in demand
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 9, 2016
There are always job postings to pick from. You pick the days you want to work, so if you don't feel like working you don't have to. Good classes mixed with bad. Overall good job.
great job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 27, 2017
The best part of my day is when I see a student smile. The worst part of my day is when a student is unhappy. The staffs at all of the schools are great.
Stressful
8th Grade Algebra Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 10, 2016
Dynamics created an atmosphere of stress among both the students and the staff member. Lack of respect contributed to overall stress and challenges confronted on a daily basis.
A day @ work
Instructional Assistant/SPED (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 28, 2016
I enjoyed being employed with Fresno Unified School District. Administration are very helpful. I've been assisted by Admin. on a few bases and my business was handled in a appropriate and timely manor. Admin. are considerate of arising issues.
Pros
support of Admin.
Cons
healthcare, dental
Large district, nurses are a small portion of the overall district
School Nurse/Public Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 31, 2016
School nurses are only a very small piece of the pie of FUSD employees. I believe this is the poorest area of nursing out of all nursing careers. There is no room for advancement and we really are not respected for the knowledge we have. I stay because I love working with the families and the children.
The hours are also nice.
Pros
Nice hours
Cons
Poor pay, lack of respect, insecurity - poor mangement.
fun work place
May assist other food service personnel (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 11, 2016
good company to work for, flexible work schedule, room for growth. Co-workers are good and I enjoy working with the kids.
productive and very educational
Special Ed Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 23, 2016
we start school at 7:50 than we go to 305 which was our classroom along with Mrs Carasco and the teacher Mr Reyes and take attendance 20 a.d.d or a.d.h.d kids to work with through entire day. We would let this kids go to normal classes and would go to each individual class so in case the class was too fast for them to understand i would or Mrs Carasco would review and would explain more on the way they would able to learn best. It was most likely that this kids had maybe a different way or maybe a bit slower way of learning that in a normal class the teacher would not have time to slow down for them that's why Mrs Carasco and I would be there to explain it to them in a way they most likely understood. Which each student had there own way of understanding either was Math science, history or any subject they would be taking. It woulld get hard when all of sudden they would just not listen so when that happen i would take them out of their class and would escort them back to our class in 305 and would control the situation . The hardest it ever got was when this kids would get physical with staff that we would have to call parent or even campus police. But for most part it was under control before it got to that level. I think it happen maybe twice. I enjoyed working with this students and they learned a lot especially when we get to find every student way of going about a calm and well learn day. at the end of Day we would walk some to the handicap yellow bus and some would get pick up. Than 2:30 and time to go back to our class and get things ready for next day and also would  more... remind each other or keep each other updated on what was going on so we could be aware of any problem or any event for the following day. Than we would go home.  less
Pros
Love everything about this job
Cons
like a family setting. We were all very close
Head Custodian 1 (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 24, 2016
I loved the people I worked with. We had all been at the same school for many years so we all became very close. Our school was always clean. People liked walking onto our campus because we were friendly and welcoming. A typical day at work started at 5am. I would open the school, open the gates, scrub the cafeteria, put down the tables, blow down the school, clean the faculty restrooms, pick up trash out side, then dump all out side garbage cans. At 7:30am I was in the cafeteria for breakfast. Breakfast consisted of moping up spills, dumping trays, cleaning tables, sweeping floor and moping it. I would deliver supplies to the classrooms, repair furniture, and do clean ups in the classrooms. Back to the cafeteria for lunch set up. There were three lunches. Clean the tables, pick tables up, sweep and mop floors. When finished, it was time to go home. I believe that I enjoyed working for the district. Every day was different. I had a routine to follow but situations always popped up.
Pros
A typical day
Cons
I really can't complain about that job. I really enjoyed it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresno Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4