Fresno Unified School District

Fresno Unified School District Employee Reviews

I love being mentor to students.
Work Placement Specialist (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Helping students make choices about their future
Cons: Seeing students struggle
Fresno Unified is a great place to be employed. The benefits are great and it's nice to be in a union. As well as Holidays off.
love working with all the teachers and students
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee), Fresno caMarch 5, 2015
Cons: not being able to help everyone
This was the most rewarding job for me. Love the diversity and the bond with the teachers and families. I have made some long lasting friendships and continue to be a support system for some of my families
Great company to work for
Analyst II (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 5, 2015
Great group of hard working employees in Fiscal Services. Every day we all raised to the challenge and celebrated successes along the way.
Educating Students
Secretary II (Current Employee), Fresno, CADecember 27, 2014
Pros: excellent learning environment
Cons: sometimes, no matter what you do, some things are beyond your control.
Typical day at work starts with checking the calendar. Checking the to do list. Reading emails and responding (if necessary), from there I am off to the races.

I learn that I can work well independently as well with a team. It is great to be flexible in that way. I understand the management team because I know some of the difficult decisions they have to make daily on behalf of student learning and their well being.

The hardest part of the job is budget cuts. Programs ending because of cuts. The most enjoyable is hearing/seeing students thrive educationally.
Productive day educating children
Paraprofessional Kinder Care Assistant (Current Employee), Fresno, Ca.November 2, 2014
Enjoyed educating children on a daily basis. Maintained multiple classrooms, art projects an assignments.
positive working envorinment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 30, 2014
Working with Fresno Unified is a very positive working environment.
Good stable place to work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: great vacation
Cons: sometimes long work days
Everyone worked well together. The hardest part of the job was dealing with parent complaints.
fun to work in the classroom with the children, it's a good job for future teacher.
Bilingual Instructional Aide (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMay 22, 2014
I loved to work in the classroom with the teacher and staffs but it's only part-time and no benefits. I really wish that it could be more hours at least.
Great Benefits
Office Manager (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 30, 2014
Pros: because its a large district you have more job oppertunities
Cons: there is never enough subs to cover all the clsssrooms
I enjoy working here and they offer a great benefit package.
COACH
Football Coach/ Baseball Coach Afterschool Program (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 28, 2014
VERY REWARDING / WISH I COULD STILL BE COACHING. HOURS WHERE LONG BUT WELL WORTH IT.
rewarding and challenging job
Special Education Aide (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: when the children get what you are doing
work with children with mild to severe autism. i have learned the techniques needed to assist the teacher and help the children with school work and day to day tasks to function in this society.
Love working with kids and love cooking.
Noontime Aide / Aide once an Month (Current Employee), Edison Bethune Elementary/ Franklen ElementaryFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: watching the kids laugh and have fun.
Cons: just having a job you love to do.
Watching K-6th grades at morning breakfast an lunch time and on the playground. Making sure that all kids were being safe.
everyday was a new day with new assignments
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: always working
Cons: no overtime
my typical day was always a good day ,never bored .I learned to work with other with different working habits ,at the end of the night it was all about team players .my coworkers were dependable and trustworthy . there was no hard part of the job because I enjoyed my work everyday . the most enjoyable part of my job was that I new I could go back and work with my team and have a good nights work
Great, diverse environment.
Coach (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: positive energy, freedom of expression
Cons: hours
Working under F.U.S.D. and with Sunnyside high school has definitely been a highlight of my life. I've learned much about leadership, communication, time management and irreplaceable interpersonal skills, that are sure to aid me in any work place.
It was interesting to see the various schools and district office.
Secretary (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: it was interesting to be around the children.
Cons: it was a substitute office and i was interested in full-time job.
It was interesting and fulfilling to substitute for the Fresno Unified School District. I enjoyed working in the offices as a Secretary.
But, there was not very much work at the time. I would have liked to find a full-time employment.
cool and fun work place
Safety Assistant (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: work the high school football games
Cons: part time benefits
get to help others that are going through some of the thing i went through as a teenager good co workers
If you enjoy working with kids it's a great place to work.
Cafeteria Manager (Current Employee), Fresno, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: free lunch and enthusiam.
Cons: i have to work through lunch.
This environment is very rewarding because the students will lift you up when you are down with their smiles on their faces. The students look to you for guidance and leadership and sometimes just someone to be kind to them. I feel the love when I get to work and that creates a great atmosphere for all. As a manager of the cafeteria I get student helpers and that encourages them to be responsible and holds them accountable to others. The hardest part of my job is probably the clean up where as the most enjoyable part is just working with great people mentors and role models.
office assistantd
Office Manger, Teacher Aide, Office Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 21, 2013
In the field of office assistant answer phone, write tardy slip, outbound phone calls to parent
It is a great place to work.Love working with children, co-workers are wonderful
Attendance Clerk (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 13, 2013
Pros: working with wonderful people and children
Cons: no cons that i can think of except that i would like more hours
The days go by so quick because of the staff, children and everyone involved. It is a wonderful place to work. Everyday there is something new and exciting that you learn.The co-workers are the best and make it such a happy work place. I wake up every day and cannot wait to get to work.There really is not hard part of the work day. I work very well under pressure and always smile. I like to treat everyone the way that I like to be treated, with respect and happiness.The most enjoyable part of the job is to see all the children's happy little faces on a daily basis.
School and classroom setting
Certified Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: well behaved students makes your day go by alot faster
Cons: bad students can really get on your nerves
A typical day at work would start by me arriving to the school site early and preparing the lesson plans provided by the absent teacher. I introduce myself once the students arrive in class and proceed on from there. You will have to manage the class and deal with any misbehavior. Using your best judgement to discipline the students fairly. That is actually the hardest part of the job. Teaching and leading the class comes naturally. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the students and building rapport.