Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies Employee Reviews

A great place to start as long as you don't get complacent.
Operator/Shipping Coordinator/Setup (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 11, 2018
The overall working expectations are simple for basic operators. The stress from many levels of management is ridiculous. The union keeps the bare minimum employees around and the overtime is seniority based. Very clean working environment. If you leave your cell you will be reprimanded. Management isn't bad, just under trained, like most of the floor. High rate of turnover due to seniority and pettiness. Only takes about a year and a half to get to first shift. Upper management (case by case basis) seem to bully employees making it an unpleasant working environment. Good place to start in manufacturing but don't get complacent. There are better opportunities out there.
Pros
Short time on off shift
Cons
Management has dealt with children so long they treat almost everyone that way.
Fixed hours
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Northfield, NHFebruary 4, 2018
Shifts are always the same every day, pay is decent and pay raises are frequent. Unfortunately you have to start on third shift which personally wasn't ideal but to each his own
a typical day at work
Printer/ Assembler (Current Employee) –  Milan, OHFebruary 2, 2018
lots of assembly work, everyone worked well with each other, easy to pick up on, management treats everybody with respect and everyone gets the opportunity to advance
Management needs improved
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 21, 2018
Management has shown poor leadership repeatedly that has impacted the cultural moral of this work environment. Has driven people to other local companies.
Pros
Laid back cultural environment
Cons
Poor management
Temporary Assignment (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 18, 2018
Many mandatory weekend work. Not much room for advancement into management if already hired onto the floor. Very high turnover and training is limited.
Productive growing company
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHJanuary 13, 2018
Freudenberg NOK Sealing Technologies is a laid back and close knit environment. It is a small, yet growing company. The associates here strive for customer satisfaction.
benefits
Cons
1 break, low pay
Inspected parts and filled in inspection forms
Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHJanuary 5, 2018
I found the parts inspection very tedious and not very fulfilling. There was little to no room for growth unless you were associated with the correct people in management.
Pros
flexible work hours some what
Cons
No room for advancement
Most relaxed atmosphere I have ever worked in.
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INDecember 19, 2017
Very relaxed atmosphere. Climate controlled. Everyone generally wants to help each other and produce a quality product. Benefits are excellent. Pay is competitive.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
HR is bush league

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review regarding your experience with Freudenberg. We appreciate you letting us know how you felt as one of our team members and we’re happy to hear that you are happy in your role.

Having a positive work environment and a helpful team is so important to being successful at work so we are so pleased to hear that you have both! Hearing that Human Resources is perceived as less than favorable is unfortunate. We will make sure that this feedback reaches them so that they can work on improving their associates experience.

Life at Freudenberg
Supply Chain Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milan, OHDecember 4, 2017
A day at work was a lot of Data entering, placing orders, tracking your progress. The co-workers were nice and polite & helpful. Management was less so. Nothing was good enough, very quick to criticize every move. Loved to belittle you in front of others. Not fun having it done to you or watching it done to others. Walked on needles all the time. Hardest part of job was trying to figure out what was wanted or expected of you.
Pros
Good benefits

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review regarding your experience with Freudenberg. We appreciate you letting us know how you felt as one of our team members and we regret to hear that your time with us was not positive.

Effective leadership and management are critical to having a successful and lucrative operation. Without feedback like yours, we cannot work towards improving. This information will be passed on the appropriate teams in order for them to begin correcting the issues at hand.

Corporate HR Team

Initally very good company but became more americanized
Materials Development Chemist,/Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, GANovember 25, 2017
Initially was a NOK facility. A Japanese plant set up as a U-shaped cell. Lean systems was the basis of the job culture. Learning was a high priority for all workers. Slowly became more Americanized less Lean.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review regarding your experience with Freudenberg. We appreciate you letting us know how you felt as one of our team members.

As an international company, we understand that there it will always be a challenge to maintain unity within all of our locations and business groups across the globe. We are a fully global company that operates out of over 65 countries around the world. This feedback is important to have as we continue to navigate the complex processes that come with being a global company.

Fast Paced and No Wiggle Room
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 13, 2017
Overall, the company is not bad, some of the BCLs (Business Cell Leaders) (Bosses) were great and understanding, some would jump on the chance to get an hourly employee fired. Was released by company when I was caught having phone in hand walking back to my locker from break.
Pros
Well Paid, Benefits
Cons
No Employee Loyalty

Hello,

Consistency in management is something that we are continually working towards. Feedback like this is important to hear so that we know where our sticking points are. This information, as well as the feedback about how our policies are enforced, will be passed on to the appropriate teams so that we can move forward with improving these issues.

Corporate HR Team

Great Pay and Benefits, but...
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, INOctober 30, 2017
Freudenberg-NOK offers excellent wages and benefits to it's employees, however, the facility located in Morristown has almost completely eliminated employee morale due to poor management and HR Representatives. The company cares about the employees, but the management does not.
Cons
No smoking on the property, only 20 minutes paid lunch

Hello,

Growth and upward mobility are top goals for us as a company. It is critical that we hear feedback from our associates regarding this area, so thank you for sharing your personal experience with us. We will take this feedback seriously as we continue to work on improving ourselves as a company overall.

Love the work
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Morristown, INOctober 17, 2017
Great place to work just hard to get first shift people on first have been there many years so it takes couple years to get to first shift and love the people I work with
Cons
One break all shift and only 20 mintues

Corporate HR Team

Use to be a good job, management ruined it.
CNC MACHINIST (Former Employee) –  Milan, OHOctober 8, 2017
Management tried to change and evolve too much too quickly. Management micromanaged too harshly, made for a stressful work environment. Not everyone was treated fairly, favoritism was an ongoing issue in the workplace. We were promised yearly performance raises that weren't always met. Grew tired of the manufacturing industry; I have always been great with people and conversation, I wanted to utilize those skills in the sales environment.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
yearly raises weren't always met, management micromanaged too harshly, work was inconsistent; we'd be busy, then the next week we could have hours cut.

Corporate HR Team

Fun work place you can make good money there you can make a change in your life for the better.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GASeptember 8, 2017
Go in and do your best and everything else will fall in place. Always help your team members to become great team members together. Put out good parts to make the people happy about using our company.

Corporate HR Team

Management needs to be better observed
Press Operator/Cell Support (Current Employee) –  Morristown, INAugust 29, 2017
Working here is stressful due to no opportunity working here on days until 3 or more years of employment and not much room for advancement and managements lack of knowledge and the favoritism that goes on in certain areas.
Pros
pay is excellent
Cons
only a 20 minute lunch break

Each plant differs
CNC Machinist M9 (Current Employee) –  Northfield, NH 03276August 27, 2017
The MTC is great but other plants are terrible to work for with slave like labor. The don't care about individuals. They realize everyone is disposable

Hello,

It is regrettable to hear that our associates feel that some facilities are significantly better than others. We are constantly working on unifying our policies and practices across all of our locations in order to make certain that all team members have a similar positive experience. This is information will be critical as we continue to work towards that goal.

Corporate HR Team

Lack of training for new hires
Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 24, 2017
After 2 months, still never trained on my actual job but still responsible for all job duties. Never felt welcomed, people would pass by without even speaking. If you haven't been there ten plus years, you are just a body, pacifying time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No training, unorganized

Hello,

It is unfortunate that you never felt welcome or part of the team while you were with us. That is unacceptable on our end and we will be passing this feedback on in an effort to correct that moving forward. A positive and friendly work environment is critical to being successful in your role, so it is a top priority for us to make sure that all of our associates feel like an integrated part of the team.

Our goal is to continue to grow, progress and develop as an organization and this information will help us continue to do so. Thank you.

High school atmosphere
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 10, 2017
Atmosphere very much like high school.
Good-ole boy club is dominant.
Management doesn't care about the workers.
They keep saying change is coming, but nothing happens.

Health insurance cost is very high.
Pros
It's a pay check
Cons
Management, hours, treatment
Great Place to Work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 9, 2017
The job is very fast-paced and physical, but very fun as well. Everyone is very friendly. The work load can be very heavy at times, but once you get the hang of things, it's not too bad. Great for staying in shape!
Pros
Paid breaks

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this great review regarding your time with Freudenberg! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive and rewarding experience with us overall. A friendly and welcoming work environment is a top goal of ours so we are so pleased to hear that you feel that goal is being met!

Corporate HR Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.