Location: Farmingdale, New York
Job Overview: Frew Development Group is looking for a Senior Construction Accountant/Controller to join their team in working in the recovery and demolition of homes, caused by Hurricane Sandy.
Construction Experience Required.
Responsibilities: Your core responsibilities shall include, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Review of prime contracts,
- Project set-up and work breakdown structures
- Monitoring project performance
- Review cost proposals and contract supplements
- Tracking of project budgets versus expenditures
- Estimate potential overruns
- Track unbilled costs and unpaid invoices
- Oversee A/R Function
- Experience with AIA documents, preferred
- Oversee A/P Function
- Cash Flow Management
- Bank Reconciliations
- Job Costing
- WIP Report preparation
- Month end close out (tie out of accounts)
- Preparation of Financial statements
- Prepaid/Accrual Analysis and Tie Out
- Other office functions
- Review of contracts
- Busy and fast paced office environment
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience in related field)
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in construction accounting and contract administration
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Firm grasp of accounting and contracting principles
- Strong attention to detail.
- Capable of taking initiative
- Works well as part of a project team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel.
- Familiarity with ProSource is preferred.
Additional information about FDG can be found at www.frewdevelopment.com.