Friday's Employee Reviews in United States

Customers suck
Bartender (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAApril 19, 2016
Bartending gig none-the-less. Overworked and always catering to customers crazy requests. Not a place you want to work if you hate people.
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
lame tips
Great to Learn the Craft
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAFebruary 18, 2016
As a bartender with Friday's, I was constantly encouraged to go above and beyond my knowledge base. Positive reinforcement from management encouraged me to learn more about different styles of craft cocktails, beer, and wine. Overall, it attributed to my success as a bartender.
Fun productive enviroment giving everyone the opportunity to socialize and network while completing task simultaneously. Coworkers work as a team.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDMay 13, 2015
A typical day at work involved being on your feet constantly walking around to satisfy guest and meet sales and management expectations but it was well worth it when you see you've pleased guest accumulated regulars and once you've checked your days earnings by the end of the night. Ive learned to be more patient, a better listener, observe, multitask, be more enthusiastic and work well with others. Management was Helpful when not busy and fun to work with and for most of the time. The hardest part of the job was serving food while hungry and taking guest minds off hardships to get them to enjoy their meal and experience. I enjoyed a lot about this workplace and position in general for instance having an impact and the ability to enhance guest days and turn them for the better, network, work with a team a create good work place relationships. I also enjoyed being a salesman creating business and opportunities for myself.
Pros
Walking out with cash everyday, and networking
Cons
Short breaks if any, and no break areas.
Friday's
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2014
I learned a lot about time management since I had to balance, work, school, and homework. I learned good communication skills and how to work well with others. I was one of the youngest employees there but that didn't affect my ability to work. I built great work relationships with my managers and my co-workers.
Serving at Friday's was a great experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 17, 2014
This restaurant was brand new when I got hired on and I was lucky enough to help set the new Friday's up. Everyone I worked with including servers, hosts, the cooks and management was an absolute delight. It was like we were a big family and I will never forget how well they treated us. I was very blessed to be apart of that.
Very busy and exciting bar/resturant
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sheepshead Bay, NYMarch 10, 2014
I started as a host, then was promoted to a server, then to a bartender, and was even offered a management position. This was where I gained my knowledge of and fell in love with the bar, restaurant experience.
Pros
there was always room for advancement
fun enviroment
hostess (Former Employee) –  malaysiaFebruary 7, 2014
I enjoyed working there.It was a good experiance for me.I would see many type of guest.I will recommend them my favourite food for them if they are new to our restaurants.In here we dont call de customer as customer,we call them guest who visits our own house.Come for the food and stay for the fun,dis is our policy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Just not for me
server (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 13, 2014
I work with a decent crew but most are very young. The managers at times seem overwhelmed and out of control when work become slightly busy. There is not enough business nor enough money being made to keep me wanting to work there.
Loved it
Server/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 10, 2014
If you are looking for a job as a server this is a great place to work
To much work low pay
Cook (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 4, 2014
very fast environment , managers where very unprofesional
The work enviornment
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDNovember 25, 2013
It's productive and fast paced I caught on fast to the servers duties
Dream Serving Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 23, 2013
Houlihan's was a great job for serving tables. The guest were friend the for the most part. The food was amazing, so it was easy to offer great choice to customers. The coworkers were family. My general manager was actually a friend, not just a manager. I'm am saying that was his managing style. He didn't use scare tactics, but he wanted to help you instead.....Then came all new management. New kitchen management equaled change in food quality. New GM equaled change in the way the restaurant was ran. New service manager equaled change in the way staff were treated....once again, time to leave.
Pros
coworkers, management, guests
Cons
some guest (rare), corporate
Busy
Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2013
I worked at one of the busiest Friday's in New York located on Fifth Avenue. Working there taught me how to be more of a team player and also how to manage my time more wisely. It was very hands on. There would be times where I would have to step up and be my own manager to my guests issues and fix the problems, whether the food came out wrong(ex: too cold, wasn't made properly, etc.), they waited too long for food, something was missing. Little things like that. Where I would just explain the problem to the manager and ask if he could give a discount or if he could take something off the menu so they wouldn't have to approach the table. A typical day at Friday's would be to have an eight table section getting triple and quadruple sat at the same time and having to take everyone's orders, provide them with refreshments, and also do side work such as washing cups, doing roll ups, and also getting appetizer plates. Running your food while walking up three to four flights of steps with a big tray that holds up to 5 entrees on it. Also bussing your own tables and if you aren't busy helping the other servers with their tables if they needed it.
Pros
free lunches, great people
productive
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 25, 2013
fun atmophere fun place to work meet new people and the staff there was fun working with great place to work
decent hours, work atmosphere good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 25, 2012
decent hours i was a hostess so i couldn't complain got tips when i needed!!
fun palce to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 24, 2012
waiting on customers making sure the customer have had what they asked for i learned how to be customer friendly i loved working with the co workers. pleasing the customers waas the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive and fun workplace with a great staff
Server (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 23, 2012
It was a fun place to work. There are great co-workers that are willing to help, and management was very willing to work with me.
Pros
management very flexable
Cons
tips main source of salary
fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 4, 2012
Recruited,hired,supervied,scheduled
motivated a staff of 25 employees ,trained service staff to enhance
customer service and suggestive selling.
Family like job. We all get along.
Server (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJMarch 28, 2012
Fridays was my first job, and I loved it. The job taught me how to handle with people even when they were not satisfied. It showed me what it is for someone to work and earn their money. My co-workers are good we are all working for the same reason, and a lot of us have kids. You have to be like a sales person and try to sale as much as you can. Keep offering things even if you might think people do not want anything else.The hardest part of the job I would say if you cannot deal with multitasking, and speaking to people. This job is not for you. I think if I ever leave this job for a better one I am going to miss the managers the most. I have heard a lot of stories with managers, but I think I was lucky to have the best ones.
Pros
some discounts when you eat there.
Cons
no breaks.
restraunt
hostess (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMarch 16, 2012
i didnt enjoy working here for many of reasons. no advancement, employees werent very friendly and managers were not understanding most of time due to my surgery
Pros
loved the customers
Cons
no room for advancement