Friendly's

Friendly's Employer Reviews

awesome
Fountain specialist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: there is none
Its a great place to work and as well new Ice Cream you can try before the customers and take orders and hostess as well. being around Ice Cream is a dream
productive work place and bonded as a family
Server (Current Employee), Quincy, MAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: fun times, good tips
Cons: coworkers gossiping about everything and everyone.
There's days at work where it's busy and have to run around like a crazy headless chicken but the best part of it that everyone worked together and teamed up and help each other out when needed. I learned that even though its busy and everyone try to help its still up to me to give the customer the best service as I can and do everything to give them – more... the best of their time there. My manager she's wonderful helped in every situations there is she a great manager. My coworker they're great but the worse of it is that they gossip so much about everyone and everything but I always enjoy my time there with them making each other laugh at funny jokes. – less
respectful fast paced environment
Scooper (Former Employee), Keene, NHOctober 7, 2014
almost everyone there seems crazy as h*** but they all know how to keep a straight head
WAITRESS (Former Employee), East Islip, NYOctober 3, 2014
Also a great place to work for. Management was good as well as the co workers. Hardest part was when it got busy and best pat was helping each other out.
Friendly but not Career Friendly
Cook/ Food Preparation/ Dish Washer (Current Employee), Muncy, PAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: few opportunities for advancement
I absolutely love my job at Friendly's. I love my co-workers, my management team, and working there has been one of the most stress-free and enjoyable employment that I have ever had.

The only knock on my time spent at Friendly's is that the opportunity for advancement is extremely limited. The company would much rather bring new employees from other – more... companies rather than promoting from within – less
Worst Restaurant Work Environment
Memory Maker (Current Employee), Westfield, MASeptember 23, 2014
As a waitress you are not only held accountable for your job, but also that of the Fountain, Hostess, Dishwasher, and occationally the Cook, all at the same time. There are no benefits. You are overworked and underpaid. Management steals from its own company. The only good thing is your fellow coworkers who have to deal with the same work experience – more... you do. – less
just another job
Server (Former Employee), Doylestown, PASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on food
Cons: unfriendly atmosphere. too much work for very little pay
I did enjoy working at this location until they were run by new owners and I went on maternity leave and ended up losing my job for no reason. I have no good comment at this time.
Friendly's
Supervisor (Former Employee), Levittown, NYSeptember 18, 2014
I started Friendly's right out of high school. I was looking for a job to get me through college. I ended up finding a business that wanted me to succeed. They helped teach me about the restaurant world, and how to run a crew. I started as a server, but ended up running the restaurants I worked in.
stressful
waitress (Former Employee), Leominster, MASeptember 17, 2014
its really unbalanced, one week i would get 30 hrs and then another 3 hrs but money was good, its a good JOb for college students, and the coworkers are amazing =, management was excellent but they changed management.
The job that wasn't for me
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Patchogue, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: enjoyable
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at this job, was to make sure all the ice cream cups, spoons, tops or other containers were stocked. Make sure utensils were clean, answering calls for take out orders.
I learned how to work at a fast past and how to use a register considering this was my first job that used one.
My coworkers were fun, very up beat always in a good mood – more... we all got along and worked together.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the orders because we would have so many customers and working at a fast past just wasn't something I could keep up with.
The most enjoyable part for the job was the people that I worked with everyone was just so nice and friendly if I couldn't get to something or was busy one of the co workers would help out. – less
Decent place to work
Fountain (Ice Cream) (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 25, 2014
It's your average restaurant. Pretty laid back, but hectic at night, and you don't close till about 1 or 2 every night.
Great
Manager (Former Employee), Selden, NYAugust 15, 2014
I was a manager here, and it was a rough road but this job had my best abilities come out of me. It was a great learning experience and I will continue to further my abilities I learned and grow to a better worker.
First Job Jitters
Grill/Fountain Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 31, 2014
Pros: a lot of skills were gained working here at 18 years old
Cons: no benefits, not much room for advancement
I first worked at Friendly's when I was 18 years old. It was my first job, and a huge learning experience. Within the first year of me working there on fountain, (ice-cream), I became a trainer, I hosted, ran cash register, ran food, took some orders, and was about to cross-train onto grill. This was the first time I ever really had to work in teams, – more... and had to make sure everything ran smoothly since I was usually in charge of the employees on fountain. While it was new and exciting for me, I gained a lot of skills working there: customer service, team work, communication, and leadership skills. – less
Great multi-tasking, team work experience
Grill/Fountain Associate (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 29, 2014
Pros: 100% likeable co-employees and managers
Cons: no benefits
Friendly's is giving me extra experience in team work and multi-tasking. Being a line cook is more than just cooking. You have to communicate with the other cooks and fry side, without that verbal comminication, everything can fall apart.
Very active and enjoyed working with co-workers
Server (Former Employee), 1700 Burrstone RoadJuly 12, 2014
Love fast paced environments, very good at being organized, enjoy talking to people
Good work
Hostess (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: 50% off food on job
A typical day at work depended on the amount of people that came. I learned good people skills and how to work in a fast paced work environment. Management was good all in all, everyone has bad days, and that's 100% ok. Co-workers, same as management, are people too and have bad days. Everyone was generally kind to each other. The hardest part of the – more... job was grumpy, rude, or unmanageable customers. Most enjoyable part of the job was the kids, and how happy they were on kids night. – less
Poor management and unreliable staffing
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee), Midlothian, VAJuly 7, 2014
The managers constantly hire employees that are unreliable and then keep them after they continuously prove this unreliability. This results in poor store management and customer dissatisfaction due to slow service and long wait times. The people there are nice but things do not get done in an effective and orderly fashion. Although I do enjoy working – more... with and around people, the atmosphere suffers because of poor facility management. Working there has taught me great customer service skills. – less
Good Internship
Food Prep Associate-Internship (Former Employee), North Haven, CTJuly 1, 2014
I had went to and did an internship at a restaurant (Friendly's). It was only for seasonal work though. I was looking for something more permanent in any employment. But I had to do the internship first, because I never had any type of experience in any employment.

The things that I performed whilst working at Friendly's was followed food safety procedures – more... (washing hands thoroughly and wearing plastic gloves) once I come into work and before food preparing and handling.

Prepped, weighed, and measured portions (6-11oz) of foods onto a scale.

Wrapped foods (after preparing and handling) and stored them in a refrigeration at temperatures below 41 degrees Fahrenheit.

Sanitized dishware and maintenance the prep area. – less
Fun work place
Waitress (Former Employee), Milford, CTJune 19, 2014
Excellent management. Co-workers work amazing as a team. Always have something to do to ensure customer satisfaction. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers. Most difficult part I would have to say was learning the menu but once you get it things run great.
Fast pace environment
Server/Fountain Worker (Former Employee), Doylestown, PAJune 18, 2014
A typical work day was serving food to customers and making sure they had a good experience at Friendly's

1 2 3 4 5

About Friendly's

Friendly's Ice Cream, LLC is a vertically integrated restaurant, retail marketing and manufacturing/distribution company, with – Read more