Friendly's Employee Reviews

Managment needs help
Scoopologist/ trainer (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTFebruary 23, 2017
there is no consistency in management. although they are accepting of call outs if theres coverage and if there is a good reason or dr. note. needs stability.
Terrible place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAFebruary 22, 2017
The company has never shown to care about their employees. It has consistently proven that the concerns of employees are not that of the company. Management is constantly changing, I worked for the company for over two years and had a total of five different store managers. In the two years I worked there, I only started receiving breaks for working more than six hours in the last two months of my employment.
Cons
Long hours, disconnected
Was great first job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MAFebruary 22, 2017
Was flexible with my hours as I as a full time student. Friendly customers, employee turnover was high. Gained excellent customer service experience.
Fun yet unbalanced
Waitress and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJFebruary 22, 2017
Working here as a part time student helped because it was a nice job to Have to meet new people and balance . But everything was sort of disorganized . You mainly focused on your money through your tips and business has been low lately . Had to leave to find another job.
Pros
Half price food, tips, shift flexibility
Cons
No Order, disorganized
Great
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Southbury, CTFebruary 21, 2017
I am the lead cook they have great hours. I like working at my job. I make sure that all the order are right and right by safe guidelines.
Just Okay
Friendly customer service (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MAFebruary 16, 2017
The job itself is not bad per say, but I've had endless bad management experiences. Poor management and laziness is very common. Friendlys is very busy at times and is always understaffed due to the "cheapness" of the company. If everyone working had great work ethic and worked as a team to get stuff done, it would be alot smoother. Waitresses that only get paid a few dollars an hour end up doing so much extra work. Only one person can do so much and only once person has two hands. More hard work, and team work is what friendlys needs.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
never can take breaks, understaffed, bad management
Decent
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Laconia, NHFebruary 15, 2017
Great place to work. Doesn't offer very affordable benefits though and it's hard to move up past store manager. Decent environment. Employees are friendly
Everyone was so nice to each other.
Fountain Worker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 13, 2017
A typical day at work would be to clock in, greet everyone, check to make sure everything in my work station was stocked. Once that was done I would make sure my dishes were clean and then I would wait for the orders to start coming in.
First real job
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 11, 2017
My time there was spent constantly running while fellow coworkers decided to go hide every 5 minutes but I did what I had to do to make our customers were satisfied with our service.
Pros
Learned people skills
Cons
No breaks when really needed
Family Restaurant
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTFebruary 9, 2017
Very difficult working environment. The shifts I worked were constantly under staffed and often very busy. I've worked entire dinner rushes on a Friday night by myself. I also worked with a lot of lazy people which often forced me to compensate for the work they neglected to do. Management was often neglectful as well and didn't help workers when they really needed it. I would not recommend anyone work at these restaurants.
Pay doesn't match expectatioins
Server (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYFebruary 7, 2017
This place was run horribly and shut down suddenly. I was informed of the shut down after it had already happened and it took months for me to get paid for the days i worked.
Pros
The food/ ice cream was amazing!
Cons
No communication from the top
Review
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAFebruary 6, 2017
Often understaffed, making a typical busy shift more difficult than it should be. Staff is very friendly and easy to get along with, which makes the job enjoyable.
terrible manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTFebruary 6, 2017
do not work here terrible manager worked here for a while and manager was extremely rude to me and the customers. this is the main reason I stopped working here
Pros
nice staff
Cons
Heather
Bad
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTFebruary 4, 2017
Working here was good for experience but not a good job to stay at manager only wants you to work nights so she doesn't have to see you and doesn't do anything when approach about harassment .
Pros
Friends
Cons
Job
Good for a first job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAFebruary 3, 2017
Usually slow days but very busy and hectic at peak hours
Nice environment
Workers usually a friendly to each other
Hardest part was trying to accommodate many large groups at a time
Pros
Half-priced food
Cons
Hostess is only minimum wage; often had to do waiter duties
Fun Workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAFebruary 3, 2017
I learned what is overall required for a kid friendly resturant. I learned how to bust tables as well as seat them. I learned how to also wait tables.
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced workplace, good for those that enjoy keeping on the move
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  West Babylon, NYJanuary 27, 2017
Flexible with my family life, easier restaurant hours for those with small children. Compensation to stress factor ratio not great. AGMs are paid hourly which means generally shifts run slim with production employees to make labor budgets. CEO remembers your name and family, gives you a family atmosphere. Even though there are a lot of issues the management team is one big, loving, dysfunctional family.
Pros
Free food for management, 2wks vacation after 1yr
Cons
run slim on staff, not a lot of corporate support
I began to dislike the environment I worked in
Cook, Fountain worker (Former Employee) –  Chester, VA 23831January 25, 2017
This job was exciting when I first began in 2015, but the job's environment and mood changed throughout the year and a half that I worked there. I did not feel as part of the team as I felt in the beginning. The management did not think fairly about the treatment of their employees. The treatment of the managers pushed many employees away. I wished the environment never changed. I've learned that even though you may not like a job in it's everyday tasks, but you should never let anyone belittle you for trying your best. The job you choose should make you feel a part of the team and not a mistreated outsider.
A great experience for first-time workers as my self.
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 23, 2017
I enjoy many things at work and try to overcome hard obstacles that make my work more adventurous. I prefer a work environment where as workers opinion counts toward an ever day work.
Music, great environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 21, 2017
A regular day is good try to keep busy
You'll learn everything from cook to dishes
The management is cool
The workplace is good
The hardest part is trying to work on the off season
The most enjoyable part is the people
Pros
Everything is great
Cons
Not really much too do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendly's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7