FRIENDLY FORD Employee Reviews

Car sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 15, 2017
Assisting customers in choosing the vehicle that will satisfy their needs. Calling potential prospects. This isn't a reflection of all managers in this industry but in my opinion they didn't work with integrity.
Pros
Cons
Not a good environment
Great company to work for.
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 15, 2017
Great company to work for. It was a lot of fun and the people i worked with were great! We also had the option to get free breakfast on every Friday..
Pros
Free lunch on Friday's
Cons
Very hot during summer hours.
Great palce to work but managment needs refreshing
Lot Manager (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 12603February 28, 2017
Always had something to do and was always busy. Management was good but needs new approach to certain issues including time management.
Good place to work but was not something I liked,
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 19, 2017
It was a good place to work, however, there is so much to learn about auto parts and I didn't like it. I didn't catch on quickly to all of the work to be done in the parts department. Therefore, it became very stressful for me.
great work environment
Sale consultant (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 11, 2017
everything is great typically day is making phone calls taking fresh ups follow up with customers make sure all paperworkj is accurate
Great People, Poor Practices.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 5, 2016
Although Friendly Ford was a great company to work for, they were simply over saturated with sales associates. A typical day at work is definitely a long one! As you know, there aren't many other dealerships nearby. They call themselves a destination dealership, which seems to be a problem for the customers as there were barely ever any. For the 36 salesman on the floor at any given time, there would only be 10 or less sales made through out the day. Where does that leave those who were not fortunate enough to make a sale? I must say I learned everything I know about selling cars from them. Their system works when implemented correctly. Management consisted of nice and funny people, but if sales weren't being made, no matter the reason; you felt the heat. The co-workers are very friendly people and do not get in your way and are very helpful if you ever need anything. The hardest part of the job was to get a customer. Friendly Ford has a hierarchy system (although they won't admit it), therefore the senior salesman always get the majority of the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers to find their next perfect car or truck! Overall, Friendly Ford is a great company. The biggest problem is that they chew you up and spit you right out, throwing you to the wolves leaving you to start yet another job hunt as they are always looking for new talent and kicking out the employees who did not meet their ridiculous sales goals at the end of the month regardless of customer traffic.
Pros
Meet new people, potential to travel
Cons
always firing and hiring
productive and busy
Technician / Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 25, 2016
A typical day starts at 7am I open up and write customers up and get them in the system to get there vehicle service or having schedule maintenance done. I have a great relation ship with my co workers cause they have the same mentality as I do wanting to work hard and make money and give their best everyday for customers who provide us business and want high quality work. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the time frames I have given customers and making sure my co workers are getting them done within that time frame and doing it with high quality work. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to serve customers and also to technician work as well and teaching my co workers new things from the knowledge I have and have learned. I started out as a technician and still and still a technician but now being a service advisor as well as a tech gives me time to teach my co workers proper ways to work and diagnosis and repair vehicles.
Pros
great co worker, s great work enviroment, pay is good, and great work pace.
Cons
managment is terrible, health insurance isnt the best, and selfish service advisors.
Horrible General manager
FINANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2016
The General Manager has no clue what he is doing, they are dead last every month in sales and profit. he will fire you if he believes you are more experienced then he is. He also will try and black ball you from every dealer if he thinks you might be employed by a competitor. He has no knowledge of the product he represents
Pros
Cons
everything
Great employees New owners
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 21, 2016
Was a great place to work when Miracle Owned the place. Friendly bought it and changed things so much that they lost over 1/2 their customers.
Sale, Sale, Sale...
SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 12, 2015
Typical day was spent learning product knowledge and new promotions and searching for sales. I learned that the art of selling is more about the relationships with both future and current consumers. Management held tight ship and stress the issue of selling the inventory we have. many of my co-workers help mentor me into becoming a dynamic sales man. the hardest part of the job would be selling a guest on a vehicle that they had not yet considered. the most enjoyable part of the job the level of responsibility.
good place towork
Product Selection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYJuly 11, 2015
good place to work if you like cars. some of the downfalls are there is not much room for advancement, and 60-70 hours a week is a little taxing with a family
company car
Sales (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 4, 2014
a good place to work, until they changed management from the vice president, down to sales manager.
Pros
good pay plan
Cons
kept sales force in the dark
Family Environment!
Internet Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Crosby, TXApril 16, 2014
Sale sale sale.
No complaints for the company I work for.
just simply looking for something closer to home and a place where i can advance in position! The great dealer i work at is located in a small town in Crosby where your limited in advancement.
Cons
far from home!
worked on Ford vehicle
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 30, 2014
diagnosis and repair the following drive-ability issues with Gas & Diesel engines/ transmissions/ light & heavy powertrain repair
I really enjoyed working there and also the people I worked with
Floor cleaner/Porter/Cashier/Receptionist/Etc (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYAugust 30, 2013
I would go in and clean the floors for the technicians at first. Then I started doing extra things like doing parts inventory. When I worked as a receptionist/cashier it was wonderful too, I was able to meet lots of nice people. I learned to work around the technicians and if I couldn't clean the floors at the that time, I asked if I could do anything else in the shop to help and turns out there was a lot that needed to be done. I really enjoyed being around the people I worked with it made my job exciting. The hardest part was when I decided to move out of state so I left this job.
auto tech.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Roselle, ILJuly 21, 2013
Used car technician. diagnose and maintain any used car for sale.
Good job
Automotive Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 28, 2012
Lack of benefits and teamwork. Good experience. Left this job to return to previous/current emplorer. Better opportunities.
great placed to start a career
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 19, 2012
normal days of work, great co-workers and they will train you to move up further in you career.
Pros
great opportunity for a career
Cons
auto mechanic lay off's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FRIENDLY FORD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4