Friendly House Employee Reviews

stressful
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2017
lack of comunication,lack of confidentiality,lack of supervisor support,
lack of transportation knowledge,unfair employee treatment only to their convinience,lack of trust.
Pros
small charter school /3 drivers
Cons
benefits, under paid
This program is about helping others and they are very good at it.
ELAA Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2017
This program offers lots of different programs to help the students learn English, get a GED, learn life skills and become citizens. They do an excellent job in helping immigrants to adjust to their new life circumstances.
A good place where marginalized communities can go to access resources
CRE & Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 19, 2017
Friendly House is a place where marginalized communities can go to access essential resources. They provide a fun and energetic learning environment for all participants, both youth and adult, and are working to bring a diverse set of programs to the community.
very productive
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 12, 2017
a typical day at work could possibly be anything from organizing names and dates, to cleaning up where the children play to handing out groceries to people who could not afford to goto the market. I learned that many people can't afford to buy groceries from the supermarket it was a real eye opener. I also learned how to use excel and organization skills. My manager was very passionate about her job and what she was doing for the community. I didn't really have co-workers i did a lot of things by myself. The hardest part of the job was tying to learn how to use excel. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help all the people who can't afford groceries.
awesome place to work if you like to work with the community
Summer camp counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 4, 2017
Good place to work at. Hours are good, they give morning hours which leaves your late afternoon and night hours available. You visit different parts of the state.
great
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 11, 2016
love it great team of case managers that love motivating hteir clients to obtain a better direction in life and overall strong standing for women and families
Hard working, leader and mentor.
TRiO Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2016
Everyone is a hard worker, we often relied on each other to get the job done and in a fast matter, the hardest part of the job was to keep all the students in a respectful manner towered other people. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a connection with all the students.
Pros
Free lunch, Made friends, and trust.
Cons
Always busy showing young adults around.
Providing assistance to the community.
Family Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 2, 2016
A typical day consist of being the face to a non-profit organization to which people know only by word of mouth. There are many resources that we provide that the community may not be aware of. We help our clients to the best of out ability.
Pros
Employee of the Month, Employee Annual Lunches
Fun and rewarding work place
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 18, 2016
I love a typical day at the Friendly House. During the school year I am in charge of picking kids up from school and taking them to the Friendly House. We play games, help build character and life skills, and give the kids a save haven where they feel like they can be themselves. During the summer we design programs intended to teach the kids while also having a great time.

I love my co-workers and management. There is a feeling of camaraderie among all staff, and that makes the job easier and very enjoyable.

The hardest part of my job is always presenting the children with a good role model. Kid's pick up on subtleties, and me and my co-workers must always be on our toes. The most enjoyable part of my job is making a noticeable impact on the lives of children who don't necessarily have a great home life.
PRO BONO/VOLUNTEER WORK (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2016
Lots of experience to work at. Lots of knowledge around, great place to complete forms and training. Great supervisor and great ablity to obtain feedback.
Pros
Great
Good company
Child Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 12, 2016
Overall this was a good company, just not what I wanted for work. The program is great and very state regulated. We worked on GOLD and followed a very specific curriculum. What I did not like was when being an assistant, you do more of the cleaning and less actual teaching.
Pros
Children, programs
Cons
cleaning, less teaching time, feeling included
Freindliness at the Friendly House
Childcare Provider/Lead teacher (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 9, 2015
Always on my feet and ready to react, work,enforce rules, and have fun. Had a daily schedule that we followed to maintain consistency and expectations in our class room.
Worked with many personalities and blended them together to make a fun and productive class room.
Learned more about childhood development first hand at this position that any other. Got the opportunity to learn and see every child's true potential. Was taught and shown better approaches to difficult situations and behaviors.
Management was very knowledgeable. Although positions shifted and management downsized made communication difficult.
The largest hurdles to jump in this position were aiding children overcome the display of physical altercations with other students. Issues were always resolved and worked through.
The absolute best thing was seeing the positive changes and progress in the children I had the opportunity to work with.
Pros
Having access to learning materials, paid vacations, accumulated vacation time, steady schedulle and knowledge I recieved.
Enjoyable work place; Supervised and coached children
Recreation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 22, 2015
a day at work at friendly house would be making sure the kids are prepared and ready for there basketball games .

during the summer camps i would watch and do activities with the kids during the summer camp. Make sure they eat and dont lose any of there belongings.
environment
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 27, 2015
I enjoyed working with the families and all the services that Friendly House has to offer families. I didn't consider what I did a job because I enjoyed it so much.
Pros
community involvement, work hours, salary
Cons
understaffed
Emotionally Challenging
Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2015
Difficult working with parents. Teaching and giving skills to reunify with children in the CPS system. The travel was difficult as you travelled across the state transporting children to visits.
Charitable organization
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 3, 2015
This is a charitable organization working with very little money to assist numerous families and individuals. I worked both in the food bank and also in a secretarial position. I enjoyed helping others.
first foot in the field
Senior Counselor (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 15, 2015
this was the first position in the field after i was studying in psychology. seeing in the real life how thing work it was the first good impression i got
Estability and good management
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 4, 2014
Friendly House is a great place to work. They value their employes and the diversity.
Pros
Bennefits
Awesome place to work!
FAMILY SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2014
Miss the Friendly House. Friendly House does many great things for the community.
Pros
Greats benefits. Room for growth
Incredible staff, Incredible people
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 5, 2013
This has solidified my career with social services. I coordinate the after school teen program and work on building social skills such as maintaing eye contact, anger management, and working on interpersonal skills for future jobs. The most enjoyable job I have ever had.