Friends University Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 15, 2016
Wonderful staff, and laid back management.
It was fairly easy work and low pressure.
The supervisors just want to provide work for students while going to school.
Student positions are always a good start
AA/ Science & Math Department (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 11, 2016
Student positions are always a good start to learn and network.
It was very low income position, but it was good experience to start.
Pros
Good Bosses.
Cons
Low wage
Outstanding University!
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Off-CampusFebruary 2, 2016
The best education and customer service in the Midwest! Outstanding teachers and administration. Wall-to-wall customer service.
Pros
Positive environment.
Cons
None.
A wonderful environment to learn and grow!
Administrative Assistant for the Division (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 13, 2016
My experience at Friends University was both spiritual and uplifting. I looked forward to coming to work every.single.day, knowing I had the support of amazing co-workers and now friends to not only work together as a team, but to provide emotional and spiritual support on a daily basis.

During my time at Friends, not one day did I wake up and NOT look forward to going to work. I knew I always had a support system both professionally and personally. I could always count on my co-workers for assistance and guidance on any level.

We became a team, and worked together to uplift and support each other, we weren't in competition with each other, we were there to become better as a whole and as individuals.

I am blessed to have the experiences I had at Friends and cherish the forever friendships I made and that, is priceless.
Pros
Paid Holidays and 1/2 day Fridays during the summer months
Cons
Grossly underpaid for the amount of duties and responsibilities, no annual reviews or raises.
Received a very good education - professors well informed
Student Union Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 3, 2015
Supervised all activities and employees at the Student Union.

Had good backing from the Director of Finance at the University.

Enjoyed working with most of the college students - both as
employees and customers.

Worked well with the Student Council and kept their records fairly
( financially ) accurate.

Still have many fond memories of my university years.
Pros
Had good well informed professors
Cons
working with some college students could be a headache at times.
Focus on Faculty needs and IT use in classroom
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 19, 2015
I enjoy working in this collegiate culture. My supervisor is attentive to my needs as an Adjunct Instructor and provides very timely feedback.
Friends is a reputable university with academic rigor.
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 31, 2015
Being an adjunct Professor at Friends provides the opportunty to build young minds and prepare individuals for "the real world". Friends has dynamic programs for a variety of degree paths and leadership that cares about student success.
Pros
Excellent student assets and instructor resources.
Cons
The number of credit hours allowed for Adjuncts could be increased.
Fun work place
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 19, 2014
Awesome management and experiences within my field of study.
Great benefits
Program Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 28, 2014
The benefits are amazing. Tuition remission for employee and family members. Great 401K matching and awesome vacation time.
Same as previous review submitted
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 17, 2014
Same as previous review submitted. A typical day at work would be managing the ever-changing management decisions. Co-workers were great!
Peaceful, Convenient Job
Evening Graduate Office Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 15, 2013
This was an end-of-the-day job. I could go to classes during the day, and when I got out, I'd just walk to work at the graduate school building. They allowed me to do my homework at my desk after I got done with whatever tasks were assigned to me when I got there every night. I did copy jobs, set up documents and sent them for professors on the computer, I delivered jobs around campus that needed delivering, I answered the phone and redirected the other lines where they needed to go, and I provided information to those who needed it about the graduate school offices and the services they provided. It was a pretty calm job, because mostly everyone in the graduate school were in classes in the evening. I also every once in a while was in charge of locking things up and getting everyone out of the building or to a safe location during a fire or tornado drill, so that was probably the most difficult part of the job, but I work pretty well under pressure, so it was alright.
Great Teaching Environment
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 7, 2013
Friends University like the name has really friendly people. When I was interviewed, it was really fun.
Pros
working hrs
Cons
working hrs
Excellent Adjunct Faculty Support
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 19, 2013
Friends University is a school that strives for academic excellence. They continually update their classroom equipment and IT functions that serve to assist any instructor in any classroom, and help to provide the best possible educational experience for its students.
Cons
salary compensation is not as high as i would like.
Great Work Environment
Administrative Assistant - Work-study (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 12, 2012
It was a great day everyday. I loved it. I learned a lot in the little time i was there but it was a great experience.
Very Solid women's program
Head Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 21, 2012
Finished in the top four of the KCAC every year. Program was known as one of the top programs in the country.
delivery, data entry and other assistant jobs
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KsMarch 25, 2012
Good place to work while attending school on campus. I learned data entry skills and interpersonal skills while working with others.
Pros
one campus
Cons
low pay
Assist in Education Department
Student Work Study/Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 23, 2012
Open student work lab and inventory, file, and operate multiple databases.
Pros
worked with student schedule
Cons
limited advancement
Paciência
Recepcionista e balconista de Café (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 9, 2015
O Intercambio sempre traz aprendizados recompensadores. Na busca do aprender o Inglês o modo de me manter financeiramente fora do País e estudante da instituição era sendo funcionaria do campus. No inicio enfrentando grandes dificuldades com a comunicação, mas sempre bem disposta. Grande superação na adaptação com o idioma, a cultura e sobretudo no atendimento com o público.Conquistei amizades verdadeiras neste meio que me ajudaram muito a realizar minhas tarefas. A parte mais difícil era a comunicação e a paciência que é necessária nos servições que vão da limpeza ao atendimento de balcão. A parte mais agradável era ver o nítido crescimento pessoal e profissional.
Pros
refeição no local
Cons
trabalhar aos finais de semana sem folgas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friends University. Our community is ready to answer.

Friends University Reviews by Location