Friends Of Youth

Friends Of Youth Employee Reviews

Love it
DCS CM (Current Employee), Renton, WAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches for floor staff
A great place to start as a recent college graduate. If you are into serving the vulnerable, this is your place. Great HR, management could be better but its definitely the best compare to other similar programs. Co workers are about 90 great, there are a few who slipped through the cracks. People really do care and have the vision to help others.
If you have the patience
Behavioral youth counselor-graveyard shift (Current Employee), Renton, WAApril 6, 2014
Pros: free food easy pace work environment
Cons: sometimes you feel alone
I love working at Friends of Youth. The graveyard shift is a fine shift if you are an individual who gets things done on their own. I learned that there are many people out there who care to make a difference in the lives of young adults. I thank those people deeply, but the others who are here for just the paycheck and get away with sleeping on the job you have forced me to look elsewhere. When you work grave you feel like it is just you and your responsibilities, you will not get praised if you complete them everyday like your suppose to, but you will get called out if you don't . The hardest part of the job is watching co-workers come into work late, be lazy, not follow protocol, and when you tell the supervisor thinking he will stop it, the same things continue to happen. I
Personal inner growth
Bilingual Residential Youth Counselor (Current Employee), Renton, WAMarch 29, 2014
Pros: beautiful lake washington view
Cons: graveyard shift
Supervise at-risk youth including case management, crisis intervention and skill building, Engage youth in positive caring environment. I have increased myself awareness and personal growth as a youth counselor. My co-workers are awesome and out management works hard to keep both staff and resident engaged in positive modeling behavior. I really enjoy the peace at night but I miss the outreach.
Nice work
Accountant Intern (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 20, 2014
Good work place with small group of people. Not much to learn since it's a small group of people.
Weekend Relief Staff (Former Employee), Everett, WAMay 6, 2013
Nothing beats seeing the youth we work with succeed and reach their goals.
A great place to work with great causes
CONTROLLER (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJuly 23, 2012
Most days are routine overthere,. Around audit time there would be lots of works for accounting staff, stress will be high. Management are good, compassionate and professional people. The hardest part of the job is to meet deadline for all kinds of important reports. The most enjoyable part of the job are meeting , talking and sharing with social worker staff and kids who need us.
Productive and Goal Oriented
Marketing & Communications Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMay 20, 2012
I learned about issues related to youth homelessness and youth development in Seattle during my time with Friends of Youth as their Marketing and Communications Manager. The organization's key goal was to provide shelter, education and needed support for a homeless youth to be able to pursue their career and re-structure their life. During my time here, I organized events and in the process, had to reach out to political members for their support and engage existing donors. I proposed and implemented outreach through social media and email marketing and established a venue for existing clients to speak their stories. My co-workers were objective driven and fun. I managed marketing collateral and quarterly newsletter production.

Friends Of Youth Salaries