Friendship Community Care Employee Reviews

A wolf in sheep clothing
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atkins, ARNovember 20, 2017
Retaliation for following procedures, discrimination and multiple violations of law and ethics. They refuse to do what is most beneficial to their consumers and staff and instead focus on financial gain and appearances. They are poorly managed by individuals who have very little education and limited understanding of how to best serve their consumers or retain staff.
Pros
If you do as you are told, no matter how unethical, illegal or the cost to you personally, you will do well.
Cons
They pay awful wages to waiver staff with no benefits, pretend to be supportive then discredit you when you follow own polices .
Crew Members
Maintenance Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AROctober 17, 2017
I liked the guys I worked with, I miss working with them. I just could handle doing all the working out of my classification. Just to hard on me anymore.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Getting stuck being on-call
Very rewarding company to work for
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) CNA (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 24, 2017
This was a great company to work for. Many doors can be opened by working with this company. Great job if you want to work in the nursing field. The home I worked at was very fast paced and you were always busy it was a great and very rewarding experience for me.
expect too much
NEA Programs Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 14, 2017
Worked 60 plus hours a week and never was enough, do not reimburse for required travel unless over 30 miles, LOW pay for requirements, too much work for one person
Great company to work for!
Waiver/Supportive Living Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 14, 2017
I can't say enough good things about this company- they look out for their clients and employees! Management and training was great and loved my clients!
Pros
Relaxed and even-paced environment
Terrible
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  ArkansasSeptember 6, 2017
You can hardly ever get a hold of your supervisors. You don't get paid leave and if you don't live somewhere where there are many employees, you have absolutely no coverage for your shift. You don't get sick days, paid vacation, holidays off or any of that so they are able to pick and choose if they want to let you off.
Needs a little work
Residential Staff (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, AR 72560August 18, 2017
Needs better weekend management and equal treatment for all consumers. On the weekend there is really any communication between week day staff, even with a communication binder.
Productive and fun
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 10, 2017
GREAT PLACE TO WORK. All the managers there are very cool and very helpful. If you have the desire to help others this is the place to work. I love being able to teach and also learn new things all the time.
It's a good place to work
Overnight Residential (Current Employee) –  Dover, ARJuly 2, 2017
Great place to work but don't do it if your just there for the money it's a fun and fast past and you all ways stay productive and busy good pay for what you do
Loved my consumer and most of the others
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 2, 2017
Friendship is amazing and has amazing clients and other employees. All of the people aren't great but it can be very stressful at times. Have to be compassionate and understanding
Bland
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARJune 23, 2017
You get to work with special needs individuals, but unfortunately you do very little work. Most of the time is spent supervising and there is often little for you to do. I spent most of my time watching my person shelve books and dust shelves.
Pros
Relaxed and somewhat flexible
Cons
Bland
Decent place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJune 7, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you take care of. Hardest part of the job is the lack of organization.
Fun atmosphere in the work place.
Pros
Consumers
Cons
Breaks
Great community work
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Russellville, AR 72801June 1, 2017
If you love to work with people this is a great job. My only issue is the employees. A lot of them are only there for a paycheck. I feel as though some of the head people are prejudice (i am white and can see this) They can be somewhat neglectful towards the "consumers" as they call them. Mostly the residential and the waivers. I am in personal care and all of them are great including my supervisors. The schedule is either early morning or nights, not many daytime hours. If you want a whole 40 hours your schedule will be kind of hectic working both mornings and nights. (Personal Care)
Pros
Love working with the people, flexible hours
Cons
Some of the employees don't care about the consumers they work for, don't show respect towards them
The Friendship culture
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  ArkansasApril 12, 2017
Friendship is a place where worker aid those who have disabilities. It is our responsibility to make their day to day life easier and help them integrate with the community.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARApril 7, 2017
I really enjoyed working at FCC, the staff and consumers are so kind and welcoming. I never felt out of place or had a bad day as long as i was there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
no breaks
Horrid place to work!!!
Adult Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 21, 2017
I worked for this company for 9 years! I reported that a staff member was abusing a consumer and I was found to be in the wrong! It's funny how that turned out!! I loved my guys the management sucks! As long as you kiss butt and turn the other way when things went wrong then your job is safe but as soon as you do what you are suppose to do you get retaliated against! If you want to truly make a difference check out Bost or UCP!
Pros
The consumers!!
Cons
Everything else!
Great work place to make a difference in people's lives
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARMarch 10, 2017
Very challenging, emotional, inspiring, beneficial work day. You deal with unexpected and rewarding challenges that working with disability offers. It is hard and challenging but yet rewarding.
Pros
Making a difference, Impacting lives
Cons
Not getting paid enough, Challenging behaviors, Long Hours
not good
Adult Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 7, 2017
i wouldn't work at friendship community care anymore, there higher management doesn't do there job and ponds off on lower staff members in the facility and if they do something bad then they get in trouble bc it wasn't done correctly
Loved the job, hated the employees
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 27, 2017
The job itself is so wonderful and so rewarding but with all the employees its almost like being in high school again. The coworkers can act like they know it all and gossip behind your back. It gets very ridiculous at times and I even ended up quitting because of it. The job its self is only hard depending on the position but the consumers make it worth it. The co workers are my only complaint.
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
Coworkers act like theyre 15 year old girls, gossiping.
Great work experience
DSP (Direct Support Professional)/Lead (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJanuary 3, 2017
I really enjoyed my experience working for Friendship Community Care. I received great training from the staff. I enjoyed working with consumers as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendship Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9