Friendship Community Care Employee Reviews

horrible management
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARNovember 1, 2016
always short handed, unless friends on personal level with management, they get super upset when you request a day off. really rude when talking to you;they talk to you like you are an idiot. they get really upset if they have to stay in ratio with you. anyone who is not a teacher is just lazy. and gossip about employees. my baby was sick and i had to leave and i got written up. RIDICULOUS.
Pros
the kids are amazing
Cons
30 min breaks, no potty breaks, management
Great work experience
DSP (Direct Support Professional)/Lead (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJanuary 3, 2017
I really enjoyed my experience working for Friendship Community Care. I received great training from the staff. I enjoyed working with consumers as well.
Horrid place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 22, 2016
This place used to stand for something great , which was the ability to provide superior care for the intellectually deficient or physically handicapped. However they have restructured so many times that they have truly let there reputation and services crumble. They have horrid workers because the good ones are smart enough to know there self worth and leave this company. Those who choose to stay are subjected to the constant struggle to show management the issues to which they either are blind to or they just do not care! I recently applied for a position within the company again thinking the new restructure would have made it better , I'm more than qualified but due to a horrid human resources department I was not even selected for an interview. If I had to do it over again I would not have waisted my time with this company , I suggest you do the same...
Pros
Literally no pros
Cons
Constantly working with no lunches or breaks since you're with a consumer, horrible management who do not care about their workers
Productive and fun workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARFebruary 18, 2016
I would arrive at 6am get my individual up.
I would place her in her wheelchair and prepare her feeding tube.
I then would bath her and assist her with her personal hygiene.
I then would dress her and prepare her for her home school session.
After school I would feed her again and during her feeding we would partake in activities or television
I would then take her to her therapy appointments
After therapy I would feed her again and lay her down for a nap until the next staff arrived
I then would review our day and tell the next staff if anything went wrong or if she was having behavior problems that day
Pros
I loved everything about this job
Cons
I didnt like the clocking out part when we had to assist to doctor and therapy appointments.
High stress, low pay, but sometimes satisfaction at the end of the day.
Waiver (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 24, 2016
Unpredictable work schedule even though you have a set shift, it will be rearranged with a hour notice to come in to work. High turnover rate for management, and low employee appreciation. There is a large amount of rule breaking and possibly fraud that goes unnoticed.If any job satisfaction can come from this job, it is the sweet people you work with, not your coworkers or managers.
Positive growth in intellectually disabled adults
Residential Staff (Former Employee) –  Dover, ARJanuary 5, 2016
There was never a dull moment working at Friendship. I enjoyed getting to know the clients and their story. The hardest part of my job was trying to make my co-workers and other clients happy at all times.
Pros
Positive rapport with clients and co-workers
Cons
Client conflicts with each other
Good Place Just Horrible Supervisors
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 29, 2015
I enjoyed working with consumers but supervisor was impossible... I know a woman who was working there too who was in labor with her child, and her supervisor was texting her to get to work or else she was fired. And if you do not talk to the right person in HR who isn't buddy buddy with certain supervisors then you are just out of luck.
Pros
work with schedules, extra hours available
Cons
horrible supervisors
Enjoyable work environment.
Waiver Staff (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, AROctober 18, 2015
I enjoyed the consumers that I worked with during my time at FCC. I also enjoyed my coworkers both on a professional level and personal level. I am pleased to have met many of them, staff and consumers alike. I not only enjoyed my job but learned many useful skills and it changed my prospective on many topics.
Pros
One on one interaction with consumers and getting to know them well.
Cons
There were not many financial benefits, also the requirements did not include overtime or holidays off.
Rewarding job, and fun place to work.
Assist clients (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARDecember 16, 2015
This is a very rewarding experience. It is fun getting to assist your clients to be a part of the community. Everyday here is a learning experience for both the staff and the clients.
Pros
Flexible work schedules.
Cons
No paid vacation time for waiver staff.
8 hour
Supervisor Erin Applewhite (Former Employee) –  benton, arJuly 9, 2015
a typical day pretty much consist of getting there early in the morning, doing meds, then feeding, then giving bath. walk my client through out the day and change diaper when needed, talking to my client even though my client cant talk back and my clients laughing would warm my heart.
Pros
clients laugh, clients smile, the family the client has.
Cons
8hour shift and if lunch is forgot I wouldnt get to eat because there is no breaks.
I met my consumer here and we transferred to Bost
Residential Habilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AROctober 18, 2015
I was given to my consumer at Friendship and his mother transferred to Friendship due to some very undesirable management ethics
Pros
Cons
very poor management and had to stay overnight without pay
Friendship Community Care
Clarence Sanders, New Regional Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 26, 2015
Friendship Lays out a plan for me to follow for my consumer.
I am to help better the person I keep, in many ways. I enjoy my job.
I enjoy helping, teaching, encouraging, my consumer. When I am with my consumer it is all about that person. Friendship does a great work, and I am glad to be a small part of it.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
have none
Love working with people.
Service Coordinator/Special Olympics (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJune 4, 2014
My typical day at work began with greeting staff and consumers. Checking emails for anything of importance or needs for the day. Make a to do list to make sure that all of the impoortant issues are taken care of to prevent any loss of funding. I have managed staff for over 20 years and have a low percentage of turnover. The most enjoyable part of my day is when i can make someone smile. To finish all of the tasks that i began. Special Olympics, scheduling practices, preparing the athletes for competetion.
Pros
The pros are the relationships that I have built with the consumers, co workers, parents and the community.
Cons
Being on call 24 hours per day.
productive and a fun place to work
AD Instructor or DSP (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARNovember 12, 2012
Productive and easy going workplace sometimes not enough activities for the high function , but ok for the others , We exercixe everyday by walking outside if the weather pemits which my guys love it very much being I take them out , Co workers were wonderful we work together as a team, the hardest part of my job was taking away privilege that they really like doing, the enjoyable part was doing different activites or interacting with them, they were all joys
Pros
going to special olympics with them as their coach
Cons
no breaks or lunch do when you can
Consumers great; Management horrible
DSP (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AROctober 18, 2014
The consumers are great to work with, they bring joy to your life everyday! The management however, are there for the pay check! They don't care about staff or consumer. No holidays off, no incentive, no lunch breaks. You stay because you care about your clients! Since change of upper management it is really horrible. If your not in the click with them, you don't have a chance! !
Pros
consumers
Cons
management
I absolutely love my job
QA Assistant (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARFebruary 13, 2015
I absolutely love my job at Friendship. After getting to know some of the consumers and staff here, I can’t see myself ever wanting to work for another company. Coming to work every day seems more like coming home to family, and knowing every day that you are making a positive difference in someone’s life makes all the difference.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Decent Company....Nice People
Relieved the head teacher and toddler teacher (Former Employee) –  West Fork, ARAugust 19, 2015
Company has changed since I was employed there. They went through 3 managers while I was there, things were difficult most of the time and they focused too much on drama between staff.
A positive non-profit organization
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 8, 2014
Friendship Community care is a good non-profit organization. I learn a lot of things as far as building a positive professional relationship with workers and people with disabilities. The employers are very supportive and encouraging. This job challenge me to improve upon my own weakness and also help me become stronger upon my strengths.
Not the best company
DCP (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 15, 2014
It's a humanitarian organization that does has a great purpose in helping individuals with disabilites but oppurtunities for management are few and far between. As for the current management it is a little corrupt. Without going into detail, they have lost their way. Ending on a good note it is a great job to get through school with so many flexible options.
AD Assistant (Current Employee) –  Russellville ARJuly 12, 2015
A typical day meant that I did assessments for adults with developmentally delayed disabilities along with some filing and working on there companies news letter
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
you never know what's going to happen next

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendship Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9