Friendship Community Care Employee Reviews

Bland
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARJune 23, 2017
You get to work with special needs individuals, but unfortunately you do very little work. Most of the time is spent supervising and there is often little for you to do. I spent most of my time watching my person shelve books and dust shelves.
Pros
Relaxed and somewhat flexible
Cons
Bland
Decent place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJune 7, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you take care of. Hardest part of the job is the lack of organization.
Fun atmosphere in the work place.
Pros
Consumers
Cons
Breaks
Great community work
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Russellville, AR 72801June 1, 2017
If you love to work with people this is a great job. My only issue is the employees. A lot of them are only there for a paycheck. I feel as though some of the head people are prejudice (i am white and can see this) They can be somewhat neglectful towards the "consumers" as they call them. Mostly the residential and the waivers. I am in personal care and all of them are great including my supervisors. The schedule is either early morning or nights, not many daytime hours. If you want a whole 40 hours your schedule will be kind of hectic working both mornings and nights. (Personal Care)
Pros
Love working with the people, flexible hours
Cons
Some of the employees don't care about the consumers they work for, don't show respect towards them
The Friendship culture
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  ArkansasApril 12, 2017
Friendship is a place where worker aid those who have disabilities. It is our responsibility to make their day to day life easier and help them integrate with the community.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARApril 7, 2017
I really enjoyed working at FCC, the staff and consumers are so kind and welcoming. I never felt out of place or had a bad day as long as i was there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
no breaks
Horrid place to work!!!
Adult Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 21, 2017
I worked for this company for 9 years! I reported that a staff member was abusing a consumer and I was found to be in the wrong! It's funny how that turned out!! I loved my guys the management sucks! As long as you kiss butt and turn the other way when things went wrong then your job is safe but as soon as you do what you are suppose to do you get retaliated against! If you want to truly make a difference check out Bost or UCP!
Pros
The consumers!!
Cons
Everything else!
Great work place to make a difference in people's lives
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARMarch 10, 2017
Very challenging, emotional, inspiring, beneficial work day. You deal with unexpected and rewarding challenges that working with disability offers. It is hard and challenging but yet rewarding.
Pros
Making a difference, Impacting lives
Cons
Not getting paid enough, Challenging behaviors, Long Hours
not good
Adult Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 7, 2017
i wouldn't work at friendship community care anymore, there higher management doesn't do there job and ponds off on lower staff members in the facility and if they do something bad then they get in trouble bc it wasn't done correctly
Loved the job, hated the employees
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 27, 2017
The job itself is so wonderful and so rewarding but with all the employees its almost like being in high school again. The coworkers can act like they know it all and gossip behind your back. It gets very ridiculous at times and I even ended up quitting because of it. The job its self is only hard depending on the position but the consumers make it worth it. The co workers are my only complaint.
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
Coworkers act like theyre 15 year old girls, gossiping.
Great work experience
DSP (Direct Support Professional)/Lead (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJanuary 3, 2017
I really enjoyed my experience working for Friendship Community Care. I received great training from the staff. I enjoyed working with consumers as well.
horrible management
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARNovember 1, 2016
always short handed, unless friends on personal level with management, they get super upset when you request a day off. really rude when talking to you;they talk to you like you are an idiot. they get really upset if they have to stay in ratio with you. anyone who is not a teacher is just lazy. and gossip about employees. my baby was sick and i had to leave and i got written up. RIDICULOUS.
Pros
the kids are amazing
Cons
30 min breaks, no potty breaks, management
Horrid place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 22, 2016
This place used to stand for something great , which was the ability to provide superior care for the intellectually deficient or physically handicapped. However they have restructured so many times that they have truly let there reputation and services crumble. They have horrid workers because the good ones are smart enough to know there self worth and leave this company. Those who choose to stay are subjected to the constant struggle to show management the issues to which they either are blind to or they just do not care! I recently applied for a position within the company again thinking the new restructure would have made it better , I'm more than qualified but due to a horrid human resources department I was not even selected for an interview. If I had to do it over again I would not have waisted my time with this company , I suggest you do the same...
Pros
Literally no pros
Cons
Constantly working with no lunches or breaks since you're with a consumer, horrible management who do not care about their workers
Quality educaion and dayhabilitation treatment
Certified Teacher - Specialized Pre-K Classroom (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 12, 2016
FPS is dedicated to providing quality education to students with exceptional learning abilities. They have dedicated teachers and therapist who work hard to provide excellent service to their families. Working at FPS requires a lot of patients and love, but the end results are worth the work.
Productive and fun workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARFebruary 18, 2016
I would arrive at 6am get my individual up.
I would place her in her wheelchair and prepare her feeding tube.
I then would bath her and assist her with her personal hygiene.
I then would dress her and prepare her for her home school session.
After school I would feed her again and during her feeding we would partake in activities or television
I would then take her to her therapy appointments
After therapy I would feed her again and lay her down for a nap until the next staff arrived
I then would review our day and tell the next staff if anything went wrong or if she was having behavior problems that day
Pros
I loved everything about this job
Cons
I didnt like the clocking out part when we had to assist to doctor and therapy appointments.
High stress, low pay, but sometimes satisfaction at the end of the day.
Waiver (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 24, 2016
Unpredictable work schedule even though you have a set shift, it will be rearranged with a hour notice to come in to work. High turnover rate for management, and low employee appreciation. There is a large amount of rule breaking and possibly fraud that goes unnoticed.If any job satisfaction can come from this job, it is the sweet people you work with, not your coworkers or managers.
Positive growth in intellectually disabled adults
Residential Staff (Former Employee) –  Dover, ARJanuary 5, 2016
There was never a dull moment working at Friendship. I enjoyed getting to know the clients and their story. The hardest part of my job was trying to make my co-workers and other clients happy at all times.
Pros
Positive rapport with clients and co-workers
Cons
Client conflicts with each other
Rewarding job, and fun place to work.
Assist clients (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARDecember 16, 2015
This is a very rewarding experience. It is fun getting to assist your clients to be a part of the community. Everyday here is a learning experience for both the staff and the clients.
Pros
Flexible work schedules.
Cons
No paid vacation time for waiver staff.
Good Place Just Horrible Supervisors
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 29, 2015
I enjoyed working with consumers but supervisor was impossible... I know a woman who was working there too who was in labor with her child, and her supervisor was texting her to get to work or else she was fired. And if you do not talk to the right person in HR who isn't buddy buddy with certain supervisors then you are just out of luck.
Pros
work with schedules, extra hours available
Cons
horrible supervisors
I met my consumer here and we transferred to Bost
Residential Habilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AROctober 18, 2015
I was given to my consumer at Friendship and his mother transferred to Friendship due to some very undesirable management ethics
Pros
Cons
very poor management and had to stay overnight without pay
Enjoyable work environment.
Waiver Staff (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, AROctober 18, 2015
I enjoyed the consumers that I worked with during my time at FCC. I also enjoyed my coworkers both on a professional level and personal level. I am pleased to have met many of them, staff and consumers alike. I not only enjoyed my job but learned many useful skills and it changed my prospective on many topics.
Pros
One on one interaction with consumers and getting to know them well.
Cons
There were not many financial benefits, also the requirements did not include overtime or holidays off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendship Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8