Friendship Community Care

Friendship Community Care Employee Reviews in United States

Horrid place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 22, 2016
This place used to stand for something great , which was the ability to provide superior care for the intellectually deficient or physically handicapped. However they have restructured so many times that they have truly let there reputation and services crumble. They have horrid workers because the good ones are smart enough to know there self worth and leave this company. Those who choose to stay are subjected to the constant struggle to show management the issues to which they either are blind to or they just do not care! I recently applied for a position within the company again thinking the new restructure would have made it better , I'm more than qualified but due to a horrid human resources department I was not even selected for an interview. If I had to do it over again I would not have waisted my time with this company , I suggest you do the same...
Pros
Literally no pros
Cons
Constantly working with no lunches or breaks since you're with a consumer, horrible management who do not care about their workers
Quality educaion and dayhabilitation treatment
Certified Teacher - Specialized Pre-K Classroom (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 12, 2016
FPS is dedicated to providing quality education to students with exceptional learning abilities. They have dedicated teachers and therapist who work hard to provide excellent service to their families. Working at FPS requires a lot of patients and love, but the end results are worth the work.
Productive and fun workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARFebruary 18, 2016
I would arrive at 6am get my individual up.
I would place her in her wheelchair and prepare her feeding tube.
I then would bath her and assist her with her personal hygiene.
I then would dress her and prepare her for her home school session.
After school I would feed her again and during her feeding we would partake in activities or television
I would then take her to her therapy appointments
After therapy I would feed her again and lay her down for a nap until the next staff arrived
I then would review our day and tell the next staff if anything went wrong or if she was having behavior problems that day
Pros
I loved everything about this job
Cons
I didnt like the clocking out part when we had to assist to doctor and therapy appointments.
High stress, low pay, but sometimes satisfaction at the end of the day.
Waiver (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 24, 2016
Unpredictable work schedule even though you have a set shift, it will be rearranged with a hour notice to come in to work. High turnover rate for management, and low employee appreciation. There is a large amount of rule breaking and possibly fraud that goes unnoticed.If any job satisfaction can come from this job, it is the sweet people you work with, not your coworkers or managers.
Positive growth in intellectually disabled adults
Residential Staff (Former Employee) –  Dover, ARJanuary 5, 2016
There was never a dull moment working at Friendship. I enjoyed getting to know the clients and their story. The hardest part of my job was trying to make my co-workers and other clients happy at all times.
Pros
Positive rapport with clients and co-workers
Cons
Client conflicts with each other
Rewarding job, and fun place to work.
Assist clients (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARDecember 16, 2015
This is a very rewarding experience. It is fun getting to assist your clients to be a part of the community. Everyday here is a learning experience for both the staff and the clients.
Pros
Flexible work schedules.
Cons
No paid vacation time for waiver staff.
Good Place Just Horrible Supervisors
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 29, 2015
I enjoyed working with consumers but supervisor was impossible... I know a woman who was working there too who was in labor with her child, and her supervisor was texting her to get to work or else she was fired. And if you do not talk to the right person in HR who isn't buddy buddy with certain supervisors then you are just out of luck.
Pros
work with schedules, extra hours available
Cons
horrible supervisors
I met my consumer here and we transferred to Bost
Residential Habilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AROctober 18, 2015
I was given to my consumer at Friendship and his mother transferred to Friendship due to some very undesirable management ethics
Pros
Cons
very poor management and had to stay overnight without pay
Enjoyable work environment.
Waiver Staff (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, AROctober 18, 2015
I enjoyed the consumers that I worked with during my time at FCC. I also enjoyed my coworkers both on a professional level and personal level. I am pleased to have met many of them, staff and consumers alike. I not only enjoyed my job but learned many useful skills and it changed my prospective on many topics.
Pros
One on one interaction with consumers and getting to know them well.
Cons
There were not many financial benefits, also the requirements did not include overtime or holidays off.
Decent Company....Nice People
Relieved the head teacher and toddler teacher (Former Employee) –  West Fork, ARAugust 19, 2015
Company has changed since I was employed there. They went through 3 managers while I was there, things were difficult most of the time and they focused too much on drama between staff.
AD Assistant (Current Employee) –  Russellville ARJuly 12, 2015
A typical day meant that I did assessments for adults with developmentally delayed disabilities along with some filing and working on there companies news letter
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
you never know what's going to happen next
8 hour
Supervisor Erin Applewhite (Former Employee) –  benton, arJuly 9, 2015
a typical day pretty much consist of getting there early in the morning, doing meds, then feeding, then giving bath. walk my client through out the day and change diaper when needed, talking to my client even though my client cant talk back and my clients laughing would warm my heart.
Pros
clients laugh, clients smile, the family the client has.
Cons
8hour shift and if lunch is forgot I wouldnt get to eat because there is no breaks.
fun workplace
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARMay 6, 2015
a typical day at work is you pretty much do what ever your consumer wants to do and you make sure they do their chores they have for the day and make sure they take their meds
Friendship Community Care
Clarence Sanders, New Regional Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 26, 2015
Friendship Lays out a plan for me to follow for my consumer.
I am to help better the person I keep, in many ways. I enjoy my job.
I enjoy helping, teaching, encouraging, my consumer. When I am with my consumer it is all about that person. Friendship does a great work, and I am glad to be a small part of it.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
have none
loved my job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARMarch 13, 2015
I enjoyed working with other clients one on one. our daily task were just like any normal day we would have to make sure that we helped with cleaning, cooking, and any other activities that were present.
I absolutely love my job
QA Assistant (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARFebruary 13, 2015
I absolutely love my job at Friendship. After getting to know some of the consumers and staff here, I can’t see myself ever wanting to work for another company. Coming to work every day seems more like coming home to family, and knowing every day that you are making a positive difference in someone’s life makes all the difference.
Pros
family atmosphere
Excellent place to work!
Administration staff (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARFebruary 13, 2015
What an amazing company! They are a non-profit company that assists the disabled community in various aspects. It's quite a large company with many facets within it. They have adult services that include residential living environments, sheltered workplaces for the disabled, home health care, senior activity centers, etc. In the pediatric department there are preschools that include some ABC classrooms as well as therapy services to the children that are served at the schools. It is heartwarming to see the difference that this company makes in the lives of the people that are served by them. Working here makes me feel like I am making a difference in my community and my state by helping people who aren't always able to care for themselves. If I am having a frustrating day all I need to do is to go over to the preschool and watch the special needs children and see what a difference we are making in their lives and it makes everything totally worth it! Sometimes we all just need a little perspective!
Pros
flexible schedule, health benefits, profit sharing, time off
Direct Service Professional
DSP (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 5, 2015
Assist an individual with a development disorder in day to day living operations. Assisted in the home and in the community to give the individual a higher quality of life. Arrange all appointments and ensure transportation to and from.
A positive non-profit organization
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 8, 2014
Friendship Community care is a good non-profit organization. I learn a lot of things as far as building a positive professional relationship with workers and people with disabilities. The employers are very supportive and encouraging. This job challenge me to improve upon my own weakness and also help me become stronger upon my strengths.
Consumers great; Management horrible
DSP (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AROctober 18, 2014
The consumers are great to work with, they bring joy to your life everyday! The management however, are there for the pay check! They don't care about staff or consumer. No holidays off, no incentive, no lunch breaks. You stay because you care about your clients! Since change of upper management it is really horrible. If your not in the click with them, you don't have a chance! !
Pros
consumers
Cons
management

2.9