Friendship Community Care

Friendship Community Care Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Russellville, ARMay 6, 2015
a typical day at work is you pretty much do what ever your consumer wants to do and you make sure they do their chores they have for the day and make sure they take their meds
Friendship Community Care
Clarence Sanders, New Regional Coordinator (Current Employee), ArkansasMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great Company
Cons: have none
Friendship Lays out a plan for me to follow for my consumer.
I am to help better the person I keep, in many ways. I enjoy my job.
I enjoy helping, teaching, encouraging, my consumer. When I am with my consumer it is all about that person. Friendship does a great work, and I am glad to be a small part of it.
loved my job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Clarksville, ARMarch 13, 2015
I enjoyed working with other clients one on one. our daily task were just like any normal day we would have to make sure that we helped with cleaning, cooking, and any other activities that were present.
I absolutely love my job
QA Assistant (Current Employee), Russellville, ARFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: family atmosphere
I absolutely love my job at Friendship. After getting to know some of the consumers and staff here, I can’t see myself ever wanting to work for another company. Coming to work every day seems more like coming home to family, and knowing every day that you are making a positive difference in someone’s life makes all the difference.
Excellent place to work!
Administration staff (Current Employee), Russellville, ARFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, health benefits, profit sharing, time off
What an amazing company! They are a non-profit company that assists the disabled community in various aspects. It's quite a large company with many facets within it. They have adult services that include residential living environments, sheltered workplaces for the disabled, home health care, senior activity centers, etc. In the pediatric department there are preschools that include some ABC classrooms as well as therapy services to the children that are served at the schools. It is heartwarming to see the difference that this company makes in the lives of the people that are served by them. Working here makes me feel like I am making a difference in my community and my state by helping people who aren't always able to care for themselves. If I am having a frustrating day all I need to do is to go over to the preschool and watch the special needs children and see what a difference we are making in their lives and it makes everything totally worth it! Sometimes we all just need a little perspective!
Direct Service Professional
DSP (Former Employee), Russellville, ARJanuary 5, 2015
Assist an individual with a development disorder in day to day living operations. Assisted in the home and in the community to give the individual a higher quality of life. Arrange all appointments and ensure transportation to and from.
A positive non-profit organization
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Russellville, ARNovember 8, 2014
Friendship Community care is a good non-profit organization. I learn a lot of things as far as building a positive professional relationship with workers and people with disabilities. The employers are very supportive and encouraging. This job challenge me to improve upon my own weakness and also help me become stronger upon my strengths.
Consumers great; Management horrible
DSP (Former Employee), Russellville, AROctober 18, 2014
Pros: consumers
Cons: management
The consumers are great to work with, they bring joy to your life everyday! The management however, are there for the pay check! They don't care about staff or consumer. No holidays off, no incentive, no lunch breaks. You stay because you care about your clients! Since change of upper management it is really horrible. If your not in the click with them, you don't have a chance! !
Not the best company
DCP (Former Employee), Russellville, ARJuly 15, 2014
It's a humanitarian organization that does has a great purpose in helping individuals with disabilites but oppurtunities for management are few and far between. As for the current management it is a little corrupt. Without going into detail, they have lost their way. Ending on a good note it is a great job to get through school with so many flexible options.
Love working with people.
Service Coordinator/Special Olympics (Current Employee), Russellville, ARJune 4, 2014
Pros: the pros are the relationships that i have built with the consumers, co workers, parents and the community.
Cons: being on call 24 hours per day.
My typical day at work began with greeting staff and consumers. Checking emails for anything of importance or needs for the day. Make a to do list to make sure that all of the impoortant issues are taken care of to prevent any loss of funding. I have managed staff for over 20 years and have a low percentage of turnover. The most enjoyable part of my day is when i can make someone smile. To finish all of the tasks that i began. Special Olympics, scheduling practices, preparing the athletes for competetion.
terrible
DSP (Former Employee), River Valley, ArkansasMay 4, 2014
Cannot describe how terrible. This company and management is not a place I would tell people to apply at. This company's coordinators at its sites has people to start and then refuse to pay them.
It was a great place to work, a lot of good people and fun things to do and make it fun learning for everyone there!
ADC Coordinator Support (Former Employee), Russellville, ARAugust 14, 2013
Pros: great hours, off holidays (major), great company
Cons: behavorial issues
I enjoy very much working with people with Mental and Physical limitations! Its where my heart is, I have total of 10 years experience working in this field and I look forward to many more! A typical day was filled with fun learning activities, arts and crafts, music, exercise and computer labs! I learned total acceptance no matter what, I learned to be a better person and learned so much from people with disabilities, they are excellent teachers! The management was great, very family oriented and cared about each other, the families and all staff and consumers. I have had a lot of awesome co-workers while in this field, it takes heart and not just being there for a paycheck, it takes true heart. The hardest part is when there is a behavioral problem and people are upset and it becomes difficult to get them to deescalate and come down from the "high" of being upset about something that is important to them, you dont always know what to do and that can be hard to feel helpless for a moment when you may not always know what to do to help them calm down. Without doubt, the most enjoyable part is learning from them and finding out something new about yourself everyday! The hugs are amazing and the conversation enlightening!! Its the most rewarding job in the world when you are blessed to work with individuals with Mental and Physical Limitations!!!
Wonderful work enviroment
Assist individuals (Former Employee), Clarksville, ARAugust 13, 2013
Assisting individuals with disabilities in life's everyday tasks.
Great Place to work
Administrator (Former Employee), Russellville, ARFebruary 21, 2013
Very rewarding place to work. Strong morals and very good work ethics are expected. Most of the management team are friendly and strive to do the best at their job.
Great College Job
Waiver Staff (Former Employee), Russellville, ARSeptember 11, 2012
Good job for college students. Flexible hours, and positions to fit every applicant.
Good place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Russellville, ARMay 1, 2012
These guys should really be mentioned more when it comes to unsung hero's.

About Friendship Community Care

We’re a forward-thinking organization that was created to empower families and individuals navigating life with a disability. – Read more

Friendship Community Care Salaries