Pros: building relationships with the students.
Cons: i feel like everything and everyone has some type of flaw. the end result makes it all null in void.
Responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, large purchasing requests and facilities. Also responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities, including developing and supervising programs for the maximum utilization of services and equipment. Responsible for arranging internal office moves and providing arrangements for office meetings.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
• Supervises and coordinates overall administrative activities for the Office Administration Department.
• Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
• Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
• Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
• Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as distributing building access keys and back-up to security access cards, etc.)
• Participates as needed in special department projects.
Skills and Attributes
• At least two years of switchboard experience.
• Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine, Federal Express and UPS.
• Good planning and organizational skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
• Professional appearance and manner.
• Computer literacy, specifically MS Word for Windows.
• Ability to manage staff (supervisory experience).
• Ability to negotiate effectively.
• Ability to lift approximately 15-20 lbs.