Friendship Public Charter Schools Employee Reviews

I provide excellent customer service to parents, students and teachers on a daily basis.
Student Information Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 11, 2017
My typical day at work consists of managing student information. This task includes student attendance, truancy, and enrollment. I am also responsible for monitoring teachers grade book and ensuring assignments and grades are accurately entered for students in a timely manner.
Pros
Great health benefit
Cons
Long work hours
High Turn over and bad school culture
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2017
Overall the teachers I worked with were great. Most of whom no longer work with the organization. However the turn over with administration and the school culture was a mess.
Pros
Pay was reasonable, great professional development offered
Cons
Long hours, meeting after school were long, no true evaluation system
Teachers and Staff are great to work with.
Supervisor/Cafeteria (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 16, 2017
Most enjoyable part of my job is providing a delicious and nutritional meal for my students. I'm currently not happy with my job because management has lost focus on the most important aspect of all of our jobs which is the kids.
N/a
Cook/Server/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 7, 2017
I love working at friendship it was a lovely experience. The staff and kids was respectful I loved everything about the job. They made me feel welcoming and it was a sanctuary
Family Oriented
Facilities and Special Projects Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 16, 2016
The office environment is very welcoming. Even though I was a intern, I was treated as if I was one of the official staff. They provided me with knowledge and experiences that has bettered me as a professional.
Very Productive organization
Social Studies Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 13, 2016
-Very busy
-Expect to work long hours
-Staff are friendly
-Can be stressful
-A lot of testing
-A lot of last minute changes
Pros
Great salaries
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Overall a lot of disorganization
Student Information Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 11, 2016
I did love my actual job but the politics and the way that people did not or did do their jobs was not of the greatest quality. This was a very unprofessional environment from the top to the bottom.
Cons
short or no lunch break
Atmosphere revealed deep cronyism
Reading Specialist and Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2016
While my particular administration was exemplary, overall cronyism ruled in the system. If you were not a close friend of the larger administration you were viewed as an outsider.
Pros
Lots of good motivational programs for the students.
Cons
Cronyism ruled.
Good but different
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 29, 2016
It was interesting working as an intern. I learned quite a few things working there. The most difficult thing about the job is that traveling between different schools in a variety of locations.
Prepared children to go to college
Paraprofessional/Early Childhood (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2015
I worked for Friendship for 6 years and enjoyed every bit of it. It was a challenge with the inner city children, but loved giving out what most where receiving in the home, love, attention, stability and guidance.
Great place to learn
IT Manager-Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington DcOctober 22, 2014
FPCS always stayed up to par with the lastest technology which keep us learning new things everyday.
Pros
Great Learning environment and people
Cons
Commute
It Was ok
Assistant Cafeteria Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 12, 2014
I loved working with they children and making sure they eat.
Young & Spirit filled, the privilege of working in a school in my neighborhood
Friendship Tech Prep (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 2, 2014
Overall Responsibility

Responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, large purchasing requests and facilities. Also responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities, including developing and supervising programs for the maximum utilization of services and equipment. Responsible for arranging internal office moves and providing arrangements for office meetings.

Key Tasks and Responsibilities

• Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
• Supervises and coordinates overall administrative activities for the Office Administration Department.
• Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
• Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
• Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
• Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as distributing building access keys and back-up to security access cards, etc.)
• Participates as needed in special department projects.
Skills and Attributes

• At least two years of switchboard experience.

• Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine, Federal Express and UPS.

• Good planning and organizational skills.

• Well-developed interpersonal
  more... and communication skills.

• Professional appearance and manner.

• Computer literacy, specifically MS Word for Windows.

• Ability to manage staff (supervisory experience).

• Ability to negotiate effectively.

• Ability to lift approximately 15-20 lbs.
Pros
Building relationships with the students.
Cons
I feel like everything and everyone has some type of flaw. The end result makes it all null in void.
Friendship Mission
Management (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2014
Recently joined the Friendship team and the mission of this organization is what drive me to be part of this great team. From our leadership all the way down to a coordinator makes this organization exceptional in the educational field.
Pros
Opportunity to be creative, growing in my profession and giving back to our community
Cons
N/a
Working for the Students = Rewarding Experience
Human Capital (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 26, 2014
It is a high pace environment, but with a supportive atmosphere which allows for collaboration, and remembering why we do this work (for the students), I find my job very rewarding.
Responsible for designing, creating and managing all corporate databases while performing capacity planning, tuning and updates to the system.
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2014
Responsible for creating and maintaining appropriate documentation for databases, production support and end-users.
Responsible for creating and building Oracle databases in a virtualized environment consisting of automation and orchestrated delivery mechanisms
Responsible for installing, configuring, patching, and upgrading Oracle database and RAC DBs
Implements and enforces database security based upon best practice and regulatory policies
Maintains database architectures and strategies to ensure performance, availability, integrity and security of client databases.
Blood Sweat Tears
Designated Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington DCAugust 28, 2013
I enjoyed my overall experience. The students are Awesome!!! The Teacher are Amazing!!!
Pros
Free Professional Developments
Cons
Lunch
Great Company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 2, 2013
Depending on which school you are assigned to, you will find your job to rewarding.
Pros
school holidays, excellent benefits, fantastic staff
Cons
extremely long work hours for a school and they do not pay overtime for the time worked
Horrible Schools--Does NOT value the student
Speech Therapist (Former Employee) –  several schoolsFebruary 26, 2013
I have worked as an SLP in six different counties over the years. Friendship was the WORSE! The administration was not supportive and didn't value the opinions or expertise of the related service staff. Parents were frequently lied to by the special ed coordinators due to them trying to protect their jobs. I sat in way too many IEP meetings were children were misdiagnosed, special ed coordinators really had no interest when I would try to advocate for the students. They only wanted to get the meetings over with. I could no longer tolerate the children not getting the services they so badly needed and left. I really feel bad for the children because they are the ones who are suffering the most.
Cons
inadequate and inexperienced administrators, negative environment
Horrible Schools--Does NOT value the student
Speech Therapist (Former Employee) –  several schoolsFebruary 26, 2013
I have worked as an SLP in six different counties over the years. Friendship was the WORSE! The administration was not supportive and didn't value the opinions or expertise of the related service staff. Parents were frequently lied to by the special ed coordinators due to them trying to protect their jobs. I sat in way too many IEP meetings were children were misdiagnosed, special ed coordinators really had no interest when I would try to advocate for the students. They only wanted to get the meetings over with. I could no longer tolerate the children not getting the services they so badly need and left.
Cons
inadequate and inexperienced administrators, negative environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendship Public Charter Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9