Friendship Retirement Community Employee Reviews

Former employee
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 20, 2016
HORRIBLE !! I will never in my life consider or refer working for friendship retirement ! It was a horrible experience. Residents were not taken care of properly. They were lucky if the got changed twice a day. They had roaches. Dirt on the walls , nobody was friendly Or welcoming. The cnas and nurses treat newbies like they are dirt. Nobody is willing to help you when help is needed. You are moved around from floor to floor so you never know where you are working that day. The pay is a complete joke for the type of stuff you deal with here.
Pros
Residents and location
Cons
Negative environment, favoritism, low pay
Assisted living is great
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 10, 2016
I love working in the assisted living facility as a med tech. One free meal is provided per shift. Management hired me when I was 6 months pregnant and worked with me when I was sick and after the baby came and I needed to work a different (and unusual) schedule.
Management is friendly and approachable. The residents are very sweet. The staff is generally friendly.
HR messed up my health benefits and my W2s (twice).
Pros
Free meal, pre packaged meds
Cons
Benefits aren't great, some residents are no longer assisted living
Very relaxing for those who are up in their years
In-Patient Rehab Intern (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 12, 2015
Open the emporium,dust,sweep,clean window on door,get the register ready. I learned about retail and the pro's and con's that it has. As far as management in this department lets just say they need a lot of guidance. There is no communication between management and employee so there is a lot of questions. The hardest part of this job was the heavy lifting of drinks to put in the coolers. The most enjoyable part of this whole job was the contact that was made with customers on a daily basis. Being a resident or an employee it was fun being able to just talk or laugh with them because they needed it.
professional yet comfortable environment to work in
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 2, 2015
fast paced,meeting new people everyday, open for students to learn new skills, physical work with lots of compassionate people to work with.
Pros
helping residents with ADLs and seeing them smile and laugh
Cons
requires a great amount of physical strength
lacks teamwrk
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 21, 2015
it has no holiday pay. dont appreciate hardwrk.. they b trippim..lack of team work..need to pay more $$$..need to pay cnas more and lpns less
Pros
helping people
Cons
wrkin short of staff
rewarding work but usually short handed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke VAOctober 10, 2014
I enjoyed the job because it enabled me to help people and the pay was good, but needed longer lunches and more staff so I felt i couldn't provide the care that the residents deserved because there was never enough time so I often skipped lunch.
Pros
job security, helping others, benefits
Cons
Example: Short breaks, inadequate staffing
Productive place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 14, 2014
working as a team with co workers
management was very reasonable and fair
Pros
nursing week
Cons
short breaks, health insurance
Productive, professional work environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 27, 2014
I have had the opportunity to be part of a dynamic pharmacy environment. My co-workers are friendly and professional. I have had valuable experience relating to Pharmacy experience. I enjoy the staff and residents of Friendship Manor.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Enjoy interaction with resident.
Director of Food Services (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 12, 2013
Plesant work place enviroment. Enjoy interaction with residents and families. Family like relationship with employees. I like having a variety of responsibilities. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to residents and then they die. Hardest part of the job is putting in very long hours at times.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Long work days
Patients where great to work with.
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 26, 2013
Started work at 7:30am Filed medical records, When to units and filed records on charts, Thinned records off the chart that was 3 months or older and filed in file vroom, Audited charts to make sure all information was filled out on medical records.
Getting to help people with their needs.
Geriatric Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 8, 2013
Love working with the resdents. Everyone needs good helpers. We need more people that care. I love people and enjoy careing for them.
Pros
getting to know new resdents
Cons
not enought good help
interesting
Title Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 24, 2012
Kept you busy had over 3000 residents,
every day was something different not
the same
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
health benfits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendship Retirement Community. Our community is ready to answer.

Friendship Retirement Community Reviews by Location