Friendship Village Employee Reviews

Lack of Personal Accountability
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOFebruary 11, 2017
Most directors strongly believe in passing the buck and refusing to accept responsibility or roll up their sleeves and help when staff is overwhelmed. There is an abundance of wasteful spending and no one reigning in the waste. On the positive, the worker bees who work there are terrific. It is just discouraging that employees are rarely promoted from within or acknowledged for hard work.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
managers not qualified to lead their departments, decisions made without input from affected staff
Very productive
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 30, 2016
Fun workplace. Very family oriented. Care about the employees well being. Great benefits. Wonderful residents. Did charity events with the residents. Offered rewards points for healthy living.
Pros
Very reasonable lunch program
Cons
Not having a permanent days offf
Friendship Village
Diet Aide (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 30, 2017
The company is a great company, they really work hard to make their residents feel as though they are at home. They are willing to do remodels and improve the daily lives of their residents
outdoors and always had something to start or finish
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 31, 2017
8hr day shift 5 days a week
upkeep on all lawns and gardens were maintained by groundskeepers
management was agitating at times
mellow work environment
repetitive work
outside work was always enjoyable
Pros
multiple breaks
Private community
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 5, 2017
Did many different jobs items. Unit clerk, receptionist, central supply, medical records, pay was good just needed more challenge. Management was great. Good bonuses
Easy place to work.
Dietary Aide and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 25, 2016
They have great residents. I did food prep everyday, served the residents their food and cleaned up the dining room and the dining room tables after. I also made sure everything went accordingly. The co-workers were easy to work with and the manager was very stern but fair.
Pros
Building interpersonal skills.
Cons
No room for career advancement within that department.
Fun place to work
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 17, 2017
Typical day is come in prepare food, set up tables, then bring in food. After the food is ready and set up to be severed, you wait for orders to be taken. Once the orders have been taken you prepare the food and the server takes them to the residents.
Friendship Village Review
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 20, 2017
Friendship Village is a friendly organization dedicated to ensuring the health and well-being of it's residents. It provides constant care to residents while maintaining a comfortable environment
Management sucks.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 1, 2016
Management has ruined what used to be a great place to work. They are not helpful, they do not care about the workers, and honestly do not know what they are doing.
Rewarding
Medical Administrative Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 22, 2016
Learned new things daily. Challenging Front Desk position however other employees were very helpful. Worked with residents as well ha their family members on a daily basis.
Pros
Really enjoyed working at Friendship Village
Cons
This was a externship that ended after 200 hours.
Wonderful environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fountain Hills, AZFebruary 17, 2017
wonderful place of employment, staff is very friendly. very attentive to patient needs. very well staffed. Very caring.
Pros
great hours
Cons
very far
This job is ok if you can ignore underlying tension amoung staff.
Night Janitor (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MI 49006December 6, 2016
Working for, and touching the lives of the residents makes this job rewarding, however, there is a general lack of community that undermines teamwork and employee morale.
good place
Nursing assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 2, 2016
it was a good internship place to work and gain experience. I learned a lot following the nursing assistants. the care is very good to the residents.
No follow through, lazy staff, poor resident care
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 21, 2016
Very difficult to manage such lazy staff. I felt horrible for the lack of cares the residents received. I was hired to manage 1 LTC unit while I was orientating they wanted to switch my unit (from LTC to a rehab unit) and as soon as I was done with orientation I was given another unit to manage. I asked multiple times when I would go back down to the 1 unit that I was hired for and was given the run around until I finally quit.
Pros
Had a nice cafeteria for lunch
Cons
Lazy staff
Dietary Staff (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 13, 2016
Typical day a friendship village was communicating with residents and severing food to them, making sure they have everything they need and that they are getting treated thoughtful . The residents were lovely people and some co-workers were really nice and some of them made me feeling like I was being disrespected and I was being judge. There really was nothing hard at the job I really enjoyed and I really enjoy being activate with everyone and everything around me . The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the residents happy and satisfy. One thing I was really disappointed after putting my hard work almost 1 whole really they told me at the end that I was not putting any effort which I honestly disagree because Ive worked there 1 whole year almost .
Pros
good hours
Cons
people were disrespectful
Great Place to Work
Dining Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 27, 2016
Run meal services for lunch and dinner to ensure customers are receiving the best possible customer service.

Love the reisdents
Low morale
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 12, 2012
No raises in five years and no prospects of one. Management leaves a great deal to be desired and people that would care are just totally spent. The place has great potential but it's unlikely anyone will do anything to enhance the circumstances any time soon.
Pros
flexibility for prn aides
Cons
bad attitudes of management and staff leaving even good workers without peace of mind at work
Great benefits
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOAugust 24, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is helping residents. Most difficult managing multiple personalities. What I learned is patience is essential!
Large nursing home
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, iowaOctober 7, 2015
Pay was average. Worked as a 3rd shift LPN. When I received my RN there was no job for me so I had to find another job. No paid breaks I do not know about medical benefits since I was only part time.
Pros
Resident were great
Cons
lots of work related drama
na
Nursing Assistant Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 15, 2016
friendship village is a really fun place to be and I learned a lot there since I was doing my externship. you get a lot of experience in all of their departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendship Village. Our community is ready to answer.

61%