Friendship Village Employee Reviews in United States

Wait Staff -- No Busy Staff!
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 25, 2016
I learned a lot from my short time there. I got to hear a ton of stories from the residents, learn how to bus tables and get new customers in quickly. No time to stand around because there is always something to do; side work, food running and orders to be taken.
Pros
Meals were provided
Cons
Short shifts
a fun work place
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 15, 2016
I always have fun at work and make the people around me happy, sometimes it gets busy but I can always handle that. where I work now I love the people I work with and the residence are caring and nice and or course funny.
wonderful residents
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 15, 2016
Like most care facilities, the residents will keep you there! Everyone definitely needs to go above and beyond to keep this operation running smoothly.
Pros
free food while working!
Cons
pay
Enjoyed working with this Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day included new challenges every day. I enjoyed working with my co workers. There really was nothing hard about the job and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able go provide safe, clean, sanitary, and affordable housing for people.
Pros
Providing affordable housing
Cons
Nothing really
very clickish.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJanuary 2, 2016
At first it started off as a good place to work, but it got to be where it was very short staffed. You were doing double the work and was very stressful.
Pros
Cons
short staffed a lot of the times
Quite working area, friendly residents.
dietary aid (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 12, 2015
I liked it here for awhile and then lost interest because there was a lot of drama between co-workers and the supervisors weren't doing much about it.
Pros
friendly residents
Cons
too much drama
fun and giving place to work
Activity Lead (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 12, 2015
being able to help others and be of companion to the elderly is a job worth doing, not to mention the staffing are all very helpful and willing to help in any way possible. the hardest part is becoming attached and then life happens.
Pros
helping others in the time of need
Cons
no free lunch
Food Services
Center cook (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 20, 2015
Worked various shifts as either hot, med. Center cook, or salad cook. Used recipes on a daily basis. Worked in a team environment to provide best nutritional meals possible to our residents.
Benefits were awesome.
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 15, 2015
Working for Friendship Village of Dublin was fun and I loved to go to work everyday until management was let go and new was brought in and they changed everything,took away bonuses and our insurance changes. All in all I did like to work there.
Pros
Free ins., attendance bonuses, uniform allowances, paid vac.
Cons
N/A
Large nursing home
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, iowaOctober 7, 2015
Pay was average. Worked as a 3rd shift LPN. When I received my RN there was no job for me so I had to find another job. No paid breaks I do not know about medical benefits since I was only part time.
Pros
Resident were great
Cons
lots of work related drama
the most enjoy able part of the job
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenfield genevaOctober 7, 2015
fun work place with resident and co-worker.The most enjoyable part of the job. There was a lot of variety in what i did each day,raning from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting each day.
Job Review Summary
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 11, 2015
A typical day is when you clock in and you go to your designed area and give the residents there supper pills and check the diabetics blood sugar and the residents blood pressure. You help serve dinner and ask the residents what they want to eat and after dinner, you help wash dishes. After dishes, you check who has a shower or a bath that night and help the resident in the shower or the bath. While the resident is in the shower, you help them if they can't do it themselves. After that, you give the other residents there night medication and make sure everyone is alright on your end.
fast paced and able to advance
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 24, 2015
friendship village was a fun place to work when working with the right people. a lot of gossip in certain areas but many opportunities to advance and further your career
Pros
lunches availabe, elderly company and bonding, advancments, decent pay with oportunities to receive bonus
Cons
gossip in certin areas
Friendship Village
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOAugust 9, 2015
Its a job. I have worked here for over a year now. Management has change drastically since I started and things are tense.
Friendship village
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 24, 2015
I had worked second shift being a certified nurses assistant is both hard work and rewarding at the same time. I did work with some good charge nurses who shared the passion of caring for the residents and building a good relationship with co workers were equally important.
I have learned the importance of my job and how everything was interconnected, in how all areas of care were important. Any part of working in a nursing home or hospital is a multi-tier system of management. Where we manage or rather assist the residents, the charge nurses managed us and the overall health of the residents, and etc. I have also learned the value of compassion which my residents have taught me. I have honestly received the best history lessons from the stories of my residents by their experiences.
The hardest part of my job was watching the sadness some of residents experienced by not having family visit them especially if promises were made by loved ones and then broken. One would never think this happens often, but unfortunately it does. The other hard part of my job was seeing the declining health of residents I had grown close to. These are the hardest aspects of my job and no matter how long one does this type of work no one ever gets use to it.
The enjoyable part of my job was seeing some residents able to go home to their loved ones after they recover. The other enjoyable part to my job is helping them with night time rituals to get ready for bed time as it's like tucking in your child for the night. Granted these residents are older then my self but having
  more... that moment is often times just as special if it were your own child. I have a long list of enjoyable moments in regards to my job as a nurses assistant, yet all of them would be about my residents.  less
Pros
you can have discounted meals and can take the cost from your check, so you are always able to have meals if you forgot to bring anything. The food is top notch.
Cons
If you were to ever get hurt, how they treat you is not always the best
I enjoyed the experiences I had there.
Server (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 19, 2015
I would help the meals for the residences. I would help prepare food and get the dining room ready for meals. I would help the residences with the menu.
Pros
I enjoyed the things I learned there.
Good PLACE TO WORK
Nursing Assistant Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 9, 2015
Good place to work-friendly managers and nurses willing to train and demonstrated alot of patience with the clientelle. Checks on time and a pleasant and healing atmosphere-would love to return
Pros
GOOD PLACE TO BE EMPLOYED AND LEARNED ALOT
Cons
nONE
Inconsistent following policies, favoritism
Laundry Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJuly 8, 2015
Management/HR show favoritism with employees. Inconsistent in following policy and procedures, poor guidance from Supervisors.
Pros
Daily interaction with amazing Residents
Cons
Staffing
his was an externship
Nursing Assistant Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 10, 2015
This was considered and externship and there for I followed CNAs to learn the tasks that they preformed. This is a LTC facility and therefor care was all inclusive.
Great company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 5, 2015
Enjoyable and friendly work environment and supportive to staff; great resident's! Multiple long-term employees and this is a definite plus for this company for continuity of care because they take ownership.