Frito-Lay

Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Route Business Manager (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 27, 2015
Employees are like family

Great benefits

Product is first in class and in big demand

Stable company

Management willing to step in and help when needed
Great management and healthy work enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Freee chips and free uniforms
Cons: na
I exceeled in daily job assignments and in was a healthy work enviroments.I enjoyed this job amd brought a positive attitude each day throughout my employment.
good work enviorement
salesman, route manager (Former Employee), fort worthAugust 27, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: frequent layoffs
great place to work but pay really low and based on customers so seasonally got reduction in pay. routes don`t come open very often
I wasn't employed here long enough to evaluate
Production Line Mechanic (Former Employee), Bakersfield CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: none
All work was planned out for me. repair equipment and do preventive repairs
Minimal training so didn't learn much.
Management was hard to find.
My co-works were ok
Hardest part of my job was working 3rd shift
Best part of my job was when I resigned
continue to improve
IT Management Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Free Lunches, Bonus
The people are great, the benefits are good, very friendly people. always changing process to make things better, Management encourages employees to grow
Good Money but Miserable place to work
Material handler (Current Employee), Irving TexasAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Pay & benefits
Cons: To much overtime
The shift would start with a meeting going over the numbers for the previous day. And what we would have to do for the curtain day, Then everyone would check to see what loads they would being doing & if they would be forced over through out the shift. We would be clocked for moving cases, meaning it was about taking as little time to get the cases of chips where they needed to go( all kind of things could go wrong, spills, wrong labeling , forklifts stop working or not working properly) The call it EP, which is how they clock us for moving cases, we have to be at a -4 or higher, or it would be a write up. If your all about your money, then this is the place for you but if you like having a life outside of work. This is not the place for you. When your new you get the worst days off & your lucky to even get those days off, if they don't force you over(mandatory overtime) don't go & you stand a chance of getting a point or write up which leads to being suspended or fired.
Great Place to work Management isn't so great
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 26, 2015
I loved working at Frito Lay the pay and benefits are great but when things get bad they're BAD. I've had weeks to were I had worked nearly 80 hours in week due to lack of employment and horrible scheduling. Management seems to not care much they're only looking out for their own Butts. I had seen so many people come and go in my first year it was ridiculous the turnover was horrendous. I basically used the job as a stepping stone to help build up my skills and gain work experience
Good GIG
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 26, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.
Not all about the numbers but its on you how far you go. sonority is everything.
A very professional work environment.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Professionalism was carried very well
Cons: Long hour work weeks from time to time.
Great place to work at. The company offered many great incentives. Changes were often happening in the work place but excellent training classes were offered to prepare for them. Management and faculty always showed and practice respect.
Fast pace changing environment
Route Sales (Current Employee), Central PAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: paid parental leave for each newborn or addopted child.
Cons: potentially long work hours / lower quality of benefits
Fast pace changing environment dealing with the various accounts needs, clients and customers with supportive management. Traveling out of town on a week to week basis depending on company routes needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in different cities. Given the opportunity to make decisions pertaining to the best interest to meet the clients needs. The hardest part of this job is being away from the family and longer then normal work hours.
what I learned
Dry Selector/Team Lead (Former Employee), baton rouge laAugust 25, 2015
Pros: promotions, traveling, team work
Cons: last minute notice
In order to move up in the company and to get in the doors completely education is a must. If you want to move within the company you must keep yourself educated.
Prodcutive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2015
Once you start working time will fly. The work you do keeps you busy so by the time your done with everything it'll be time to go home.
Good place to work.
Warehouse 1, entry level, IT, labor (Former Employee), cranberry twp, PAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Pay, Hours, Varied shifts, managment
Cons: Short breaks, climate control, overtime
Good place to work, with good learning opportunities for any individual whom pursues them. Somewhat difficult work and long days with a lot of walking, lifting and dealing with the elements a good bit of the time. Company has changed a lot over the years and does not revolve around how many cases/orders that need picked and more towards the safety and people aspect of the employees. Management has become more and more approachable and accessible allowing more transparent communication and work between sales and ops. It was nice to work with people that I could get along with.
Production work
Temporary position, during this time (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2015
allowed me to work at a fast pace organization. Staff personnel was very nice and willing to help me to learn how production work is handled.
Great Place to work
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Employee Benefits
Cons: Short lunch breaks
Frito- Lay can be very challenging on daily basis however working for Frito- Lay teaches you as an employee to work has unit to complete organizational task as well as preparing the employee to complete individual task in timely manor.
Not for everyone
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee), BeloitAugust 17, 2015
I personally did not mind the job, but i was not a fan of having to work every weekend. They paid great, but sometimes it is not worth not living your life to earn that kind of money.
Frito Lay is a very challenging place to work.
Senior Operations Resource (Current Employee), Fayetteville, TNAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Long hours
Frito Lay is a very challenging place to work. The demands of the job do not allow for a good work life balance. I am looking for an opportunity to get back to the Supply Chain and Customer Service area.
Fast pace work environment
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), Concord, CAAugust 14, 2015
I learned to establish strong relationships with customers so I can help them get what they need. This is a job where I manage my route to find ways to grow sales and promote the company. The most enjoyable part of my job is managing my route and increasing sales. The hardest part of this job is the physical demand it puts on my body.
Awarding average,loosing its identity
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), Granite Falls, NCAugust 13, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: work/life balance, management
Long hours, Excellent pay. It feels like Frito is starting to forget how they got where they are. They worry more about numbers then your name. Don't use assets they have appropriately. Most of the managers have no clue how to lead or promote a positive atmosphere. Has paid the bills and provided a nice life for me and my wife.
summer time there no day off they make you work 3 weeks without a day off
Sanitation Part Time (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTAugust 12, 2015
Bad company work there for 10 years ,they never give me a full time position .
If they like you maybe you get a full time position
Looks like if you are young and pretty you got better chance
I'm pretty sure ,the manager give a promotions in exchange of particular favors
Industry