Frito-Lay
1,096 reviews

Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Frito Lay askes you to perform more and more but front line workers are the first to get cut
Fleet Mechanic (Current Employee), NCJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Freedom
Cons: over tasked and and not much incentive anymore
At first it was fun to work there i love the freedom but with the changes being made they cut my budget to see more savings but they keep cutting and cutting and expect the same out come from the year before and then they cut my hours and then tell me that I’m not going to be able to get a raise because I’m at the max for my location but they would give me a bonus. The bonus is based on a 40hr work week and I normally work 45-50hrs and then a bonus gets taxed at a greater rate so there is no money in it for me. Advancement is unlikely because they want younger collage kids that don’t know anything but yes sir or mam and don’t care about the people they are leading; I find it hard to follow someone who doesn’t look out for their people. The company is so engaged with shareholders they lose track of the people doing the work to keep the company progressing. I work on 70 assets in 8 locations and deal with over 80 personal on a different team to schedule a PM or a service is almost impossible when there managers are telling them that they do not have to follow through with the rules set forth or listen to anything I have to tell them. I feel that my managers are "yes" men as well when they will not let you purchase the fluids to do the job set forth I feel as if they are setting us up for failure. Drivers wreck assets with no real repercussions and I don’t get replacements and if I do it is an old run down asset that needs more money to repair than the asset is worth, hints the reason the other tech is giving it up. PepsiCo make billions of dollars a year but still has 1990 model assets on the road and they can’t even as much as get them washed one time a year. The freedom is the part I love but that means that you have to be flexible and it can interrupt your home life.
No time for family
Production Line Operator (Current Employee), Fayetteville, TNJune 30, 2015
Pros: Fair wages
Cons: No time for family
Safety is not as important as it should be, bad air quality , not a job for anyone that likes to spend time with their family. There are some helpful coworkers and some that seem to work against you.The most enjoyable part of the job is trying to put out a quality product.
Creating group sports team at work place
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Lorton, VAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Keep me busy
Cons: The work never ends
Most fun place to work, if I wanted to work there with happy mind.
Wholesome interaction with employees and the customers in daily basis.
The importance of achieve the daily goals and customer services.
The management team are well bonded and working together.
All of fellow workers are great, with respectful working environment.
Most hardest part of my job was when I had achieve the goal that I supposed, and upper management ask more and more.
When my work finishes the way I wanted and end of the day when my hard-work was acknowledged by upper management.
Driving Truck, Stocking Shelves, Sales
Route Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mpls, MNJune 29, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Long days, weekends, and Holidays
Early morning start, driving truck to stores, and stocking shelves. Selling to store managers for extra display space. Weekend and Holiday work schedule. Can be a lot of fun at times. A great company to work for, ten to twelve hour days are the norm, but the compensation is there.
Great products to sell with many responsibilities
route sales representative (Current Employee), Marshall MO.June 28, 2015
Pros: High pay, great benefits
Cons: long days
Work with a great and diverse group of co-workers. I am capable of managing a large delivery route and developing account relationships. I typically begin my day between 4 30 and 5 00 AM and work 10 to 12 hours a day 5 days a week.The most satisfying part of my job is interaction with customers and growing their business. Hardest part is long hours which I have become used to.
FUN WORK PLACE
GES WAREHOUSE (Current Employee), Kathleen, GAJune 28, 2015
Pros: BENIFITS
Cons: LONG HOURS
THIS COMPANY IS VERY PRODUCTIVE.THE ATMOSPHERE IS WONDERFUL.YOU HAVE TO WORK HARD TO GET THE JOB DONE BUT VERY ENJOYABLE. I HAVE LEARNED A LOT FROM THIS COMPANY.
Horrible place to work, managers don't know what they are doing and have favorites
Packer (Current Employee), CharlotteJune 25, 2015
Cons: Poor management, poor morale, no breaks and no lunches
Horrible place to work - no breaks, no lunches due to work. Management is a joke and they have their favorites and it is very obvious to see. If they like you it's great if not watch out. Most of them don't even know what they are doing themselves and break the rules all of the time. The Charlotte location makes up it's own policies and procedures just so they can get awards. Can't wait to get out!
Long hot days.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Greer, SCJune 24, 2015
I drove a truck and delivered chips to various stores. While I enjoyed freedom of working on my own, the job was very demanding. I had to keep records of transactions, handle money, and work with store managers, which I enjoyed. Many days were 10+ days Monday through Friday. I didn't like that so much because I never saw my family.
Over demanding
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJune 23, 2015
Need to please is very crucial and have to be able to work long hours , commission based and very demanding. Have to hit target numbers.
Work/life balance
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Wayne, NJJune 23, 2015
Management require long work hours and several meetings a week. Not enough time spent away from work to enjoy all that was earned at work. Company need to create a better work/life balance for all employees.
good place to work if your single and not married.
Route Sales Representative/Warehouse (Former Employee), Vista, CAJune 23, 2015
long hours and you don't have a set schedule. good pay and benefits.management can be a little frustrating.all around ok
Great benefits
Packer (Current Employee), FayetevilleJune 23, 2015
Great job
A lot of machine work.
Fast Pace
Pretty hot in the summer time
Nice people
Paid vacation
Floaters
Fair break times
Productive fun workplace
Route Sales Rep (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaJune 23, 2015
Good company great team atmosphere, helpful management and good benefits with better than average pay. Outstanding training and employee stock options given yearly by the company.
Great Team in Key West , Fl ..We got the job done.
Route Supervisor (Former Employee), Key West, FLJune 22, 2015
Pros: health care, location, and team work
Cons: Advancement within the company
Typical day would vary from day to day. Some days I would be out getting new business, others increasing business with existing customers or I may need to be on a route that is down.
My manager was a team player, I respected him highly, he earned it.
The hardest part was being sent to Miami on a weekly basis. I'm not one to mind the traveling, it was upper management and the lack of communication. Last minute trips, and no respect for my own employees or myself.
The most enjoyable part was my location and the co-workers I worked with. Everyone was team players, and would help each other out because of the respect each and everyone had for each other. Which in returned made everyone win. Company made more money as well as the RSR's. Great group of people and I call several my friends.
Fast paced job
Part time detailer (Current Employee), huntsville alJune 22, 2015
Pros: cool/ helpful manager
Cons: working around customers
Its a fast paced job, im basically working around the customer doing "peek time" at super walmarts & publix .. I only work on the weekends, if i need help with anything i can always call the manager & she answers everytime, it can be a slow or long day depending on how fast you put the chips on the shelves, how many carts there is in the backroom & how busy the store is .. That can really slow you down .. You are responsible for keeping up with your own hours & mileage & can only report your mileage no more than twice a month but i just started & everything is so far so good .. Wish me luck !!
ok place to work for
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Kirkwood, NYJune 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks no benefits for partime
fast tedious, ,putting bags of chips into boxes,management is good and for the most part work with their employees.co workers are team oriented and helpful, alot of overtime. the most enjoyable part of the job is the people . very physical work
not a great place to work for. kills your body
route sales representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 21, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: treated like a sales number and not a sales person
Long hours and super early mornings. Stuff is forced out on you. Sales numbers are 2 high 2 hit. Managers dont care bout u, just care bout u putting product out there.
Part-time detailer
Detailer (Former Employee), Aberdeen, WAJune 20, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: take the knife outta my back
Worked for Frito-Lay for a littler over a year. The driver on the route demoted himself to full-time detailer on the route. HMM where did that leave me?... Without my manager asking me, to drive 40 miles away from my home to detail one store with no compensation for time or mileage. Gee, i'm sure if he told me prior to this descision he would of heard me say I Quit. Which of course I did. No brainer
Good company. I would love to work for them again.
Route Salesman (Former Employee), Greenville SCJune 20, 2015
Cons: lots of sales meetings..
Route sales daily to grocery and convenience stores. Management of company was good and very supportive. My co-workers enjoyed their jobs. The hardest part of job was probably early morning hours and monthly sales meetings.
If someone quits, then "someone else can come in" is how they treat their employees
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJune 19, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: decisions that you have no control over but negatively effect your day
Frito-Lay has great benefits and good pay, but you have to work long and crazy hours to get that pay. The RSRs are great people to work with. There have been good DSLs, but they get released and new guys who have never worked in the industry come in and try to run it. The operations side is off, and they just want the RSRs to "deal" with it. It was the highest stress I've ever had at a job. Morale is low due to upper management/corporate's decisions, which usually negatively affect the RSRs.

1 2 3 4 5

About Frito-Lay

Frito-Lay is the undisputed chip champ of North America. The company makes some of the best-known and top-selling savory snacks – Read more

Frito-Lay Salaries