Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Found 1,694 reviews matching the search
friendly atmospher to work in
School Route/Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CANovember 10, 2016
Taking phone and personal orders from school districts in Riverside, Corona, Chino, Moreno Valley, Highlands and San Bernardino.
Load and unload packaged crates to schools
Letting school districts know what new products Frito-Lay has received
Providing the best customer service to school districts.
Maintaining delivery truck to meet daily and weekly inventory inspections
Keeping track of returned items that were not selling or have become stale.
Using handheld inventory kiosk PDA
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
always on the road no lunch time
Not a bad place but...
Packer (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHNovember 23, 2016
The training on the lines is awful. You only have an hour on each line then you rotate to the next. How can people learn that way? Also the long time employees set you up by telling you how bad the place is and how horrible the people are on the shift youre going to after your training and how since you are new you will be working 12 hours a day and 7 days a week mandatory. Its fast paced and very physical. Youre shown how to change different tape machines during training but dont do it for days and they get mad if you forget how it went. Its a good place for pay, benefits and product but their training process needs an overhaul bad.
Pros
Pay and product
Cons
Bad training practices
Horrible Management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 23, 2016
The pay and benefits are very good and the hours are definitely exceptional (12+ hrs a day) but the management is horrible and some of the most unethical managers I have ever worked for. They add to orders you create and tell the stores you are over ordering because they get commission for hitting their sales mark whereas the merchandising position gets no incentive for achieving sales numbers. Frito-Lay is one of the worst jobs I have worked for due to the awful management but the pay and benefits are decent but room for advancement is limited.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Hours
Cons
Management, Hours
very fast pace and commision driven company
Route Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTNovember 8, 2016
Come in at 0500 hours grab your truck and check if everything on the truck is working correctly .once you did that check your freight and go to your first delivery so on so forth .I learned how to run a small business from my truck dealing with customers and up selling them and getting more room in stores .management work with me when i was busy or needed help with something.

The hardest part of the job was was working in the back of the truck when it was 95 degrees out with no fan .

most enjoyable part was dealing with the customers and freedom of how i made money.
Great pay. But Management is horrible and not good work life balance if you have a family.
route sales (Former Employee) –  Spooner, WINovember 8, 2016
7 years employed. Got fired for something management has encouraged other people to do. No disciplinary action in over four years. Improper training all across the board. No warning. Just let go. If you have a family and kids this isnt the place for you. Long hours. Good pay if you get on your own route and its a good route but could take years until you get the good routes. Would not recommend this place to my worse enemy. Proceed with caution.
Pros
Good pay once you have been there for a while. benefits are good. Pension plan.
Cons
Very poor management. Push you to the breaking point. Improper training.
Okay but no growth declining benefits
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 16, 2016
Its okay depending on the type of route you have and the region. If you do that gas station routes you willl work long hours 12 hours a day. account 18/bulk is the best probably 45-50 hours a week. Pay is disgusting compared to how much they make off you. Can never take a day off you pick your two weeks vacation a year in advance. early hours as much as 3 am. I make my salary for them in 3 weeks...i think they could do better than 3.5 percent commission.
Pros
flexible hours, work for self
Cons
no time off, long hours, pay is relatively low
Extremely High Employee Turnover
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 29, 2016
I have worked for few years. While I spent my time at Frito, so many employee was hired and many of them left within 6 month. Most of the reason being working too many hours (50+) every week and schedule is not set (days off are different each week).
If you do not care about personal life and only wants to work, Frito Lay will love you. If you care about personal life, Frito Lay is not the place you want to be at.

*work schedule starts in between 12 am - 3 am.
*you will not have weekend off.
growing atmosphere, great company
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Randolph, MAOctober 19, 2016
A typical day at Frito was easy going, of course there was challenging day but every job has their ups and downs. The management team was pretty fair always found ways to engage with their employees. the hardest part about the job was forced overtime depending on your shift you would stay until 2 am or come in pretty early. the most enjoyable part of the job was the challenges,being apart of tasks that help you have a better understanding of the company.
Pros
pro:excellent pay
Cons
con: unpaid lunches
No support from management team
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 31, 2016
Very slow to resolve any issues if they get any resolve at all. You are held accountable for the poor performance of others. They always find a way fault the front line employees.
Everyone is very disgruntled and upset that works here.
The morale is at an all time low due to changes in the pay structure, which has resulted in substantial pay cuts for long time employees
Pros
Weekly pay checks
Cons
Too many to list
very productive place to work
Operational Machine Specialists/Seasoning Operator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARNovember 4, 2016
I loved everything about my job. I had days that were tiresome and adventurous. I was in sanitation when i first started. Then I moved to packaging. i stayed in packaging for a while. Then I had the opportunity to move to another department. Which i did in April of this year. I was trained to be and Operational Machine Specialists(OMS). In the Processing Department. I learned alot as a Operator. I learned to recognize different seasoning for each line. I was taught how to disassemble and assemble each line. I had to monitored the seasoning that was transfered into each line and if there was a problem. I would do my best to fixed the problem. If i was unsuccessful i would contact maintenance.
Worst Job Ive Ever Had!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73117October 9, 2016
this job SUCKS you will not have a life. if you have a family i would stay away from this place thats for sure! part time the website said "20-25 hours" when i started they told me sometimes i would work a little more like "28-30 hours" 3 days a week but turns out i was PART TIME working 50-60 hours for 4 days with 0 benefits.. the work the part time like full time so they dont have to pay you the benefits. You can walk in the warehouse and ask ANY order filler and they will tell you they HATE their job..... Every person i asked said they cant stand it.
Pros
Pay is Good Thats IT
Cons
EVERYTHING ABOUT IT
Good place to work with good benefits and learning how to make more sales
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 4, 2016
Go to work,pull your order from warehouse and load your own truck.you will have a set schedule of your customers daily. There's no time to end work until all customers are serviced for that day. Management really don't bother you unless your not hitting your plan for that week. Basically keep to yourself don't talk too personal with co workers. People talk.
Pros
Out on your route with no boss around
Cons
Holidays can be very long days and building big displays
Its of the more decent paying factory jobs but management and pay needs improvement.
Receiving Technician (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 27, 2016
A everyday work at the job isn't really that bad. You'll probably actually work hard 5-6 hrs out of your day and thats on a bad day. The pay is decent but there really raises so once you get that job then that's your pay. you have to wait a time period to be able to bid for different jobs for more pay. Some jobs are better than others when it comes to work to pay ratio. The people are interesting and you'll meet some that can be good friends. Some other people you really can't trust. Management needs improvement a lot.
Pays well good environment and team work is a must there
Packager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 26, 2016
Pays well but the management there was terrible dude to scheduling like having days off but overall pays really good. I worked there for a couple of months and was able to make enough money to pay for my wedding etc......but the turn over rate is pretty high there because of the hours you work most times they force you to work and if you didn't like you would get a point and that lead to a lot of people Quitting and it's still the same from what I heard.
It was a good place to work gave me plenty of family time with my kids.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 29, 2016
Overall it was a good place to work the benefits were great, most of the people I worked with were fun kept me laughing, the hardest part about the job was the heat in the summer time it was very hot in the plant, and what I enjoyed most about the job was the celebrations because you could bring your whole family.
Pros
Money and the overtime were great
Cons
The heat in the summer
Great Benefits, poor work life balance
DOT Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2016
Typical day at work start route between 3:30 and 4 AM. Serivce either C-Stores (convenience stores) or large format (walmart, publix, Kroger) load, unload,recieve in store, maintain backstock in stores, rotate product, merchandise product, keep stales down, keep up to date with weekly sales in stores. Starting out you run a different route every week.
The hardest part of the job was getting used to the schedule, and knowing that the schedule changes every week until you're on permanent route.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet different people and learning the sales side of the business
Pros
Independent, health benefits, 401k
Cons
work life balance, new hire pay
Will not pay employees on pay date and would not give tools needed to complete job.
Displayer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39213October 6, 2016
I never expected Frito-Lay to be a company that would work against the employees. The new administration care nothing about the truth and allow racial issues to take place in the workplace. Play with employees pay and will not follow the policy's of the company and give the employees the tools they need to effectively complete job.
Pros
Cons
All to negative
Merchandiser
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 25, 2016
Being a Merchandiser is a lot of work but at there same time very rewarding. You get to speak to different people everyday, You never know what your day is going to be. Typical day starts at 3am and ends around 6pm and you go non stop all day. checking in orders, making orders, stocking shelves, and driving from store to store. I learned independence and that you don't stop a project till it is finished.
Good place to work good benifits and pay and you got out if it for what you put in.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 30, 2016
Deliver to 3 to 15 stores depending out route .
Marketing and interaction with store management
Management was always there to help .
Made some friends for life
Sales days IE Super Bowl keeping shelves full
Building displays for big events
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
Some times not enough time in a day on sale items in all stores
Productive, and the days went by fast
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 29, 2016
Aside from the early hours, I really enjoyed working at Frito-Lay. The only reason I left was because there is no opportunity to advance within the company. When other positions became available they would always hire outside the company (preferably new college graduates). If there had been a chance that I could advance in the company, I would still be there.
Pros
Early days and the people were great
Cons
Advancement is rare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.