Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Found 2,314 reviews matching the search
Quick paced, Productive and Enjoyable
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 21, 2017
It can be a little difficult at times but if you listen carefully and a fast worker then this job here is great for you. Very fast paced but if you do your best things will go smooth management is great very comfortable and enjoyable.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 21, 2017
Enjoyed the thirteen years while at Frito-Lay Lay. Great company to work for and great people to work with. I would recommend working for this company to anyone interested.
Pros
Set your own pace
Cons
None really
Hard place to work, very fast-paced, too much forced overtime
Packer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNSeptember 20, 2017
Management sucks! No days off. 14 days back to back before you are garaunteed an off day. 8 hour shifts but sometimes forced to work 12 hour shifts. Money is great but you barely get time to be with your family or even to relax
stay away
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Would not recommend as a career, it is a job while you are in college as the hours work with school schedule. Poor pay, no support from the higher ups, pay vs work load does not match.
Slave to the job
Delivery Sales Driver (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 20, 2017
I don't recommend frito lay if you have a family or want any type of life. Their is no type of work/home life balance with this company at all. You will be dedicating at least 55 to 60 hrs a week working odd hours of the night and receiving your work schedule 2 days before the new week starts. You will never be able to plan your life ahead. Not to mention you can not even request personal days off!
Pros
No life
Cons
Great benefits
I received 3 promotions in the time I was there
Credit & Collections (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2017
I started in Accounts Receivables, promoted to master clerk, and then promoted to Credit and Collections. I left because I had my son who was born premature and needed several surgeries and I did not want my job performance to suffer.
back stabing
Sanitation worker (Former Employee) –  Perry, GASeptember 19, 2017
if you are not careful there are people out there that will back stab you to get you out to get a friend in your spot or family some it is best to mine to your self and not try to be friends with anyone out there because they can turn on you like a hungry dog
Pros
pay is good
Cons
stressful
N/a
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 19, 2017
The benefits are pretty decent and the work life balance is somewhat less than to be desired. You can get a decent paycheck depending what area you are in.
it was a job
Handler (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2017
job was pretty cool everyone there was pretty cool like family easy work for me oh in dont bring nothing thats not made by there company you in big trouble
LaMirada, CA is a horrible place to work
RSR Driver (Current Employee) –  Lamirada, CASeptember 18, 2017
We have changed to performance pay which means we're getting screwed by the company. We work crazy long hours, start very early in the morning. By the time you get home you are too tired to have a life outside of work. If you've got kids run away from this job especially at this location. Management is horrible. Since we've started performance pay one year ago we have lost 1/3 of our workforce because of unhappy RSR's. At least 60 people out of 180 have quit some new employees and some long time employees. Management has meetings to find out what the problem is but they never listen so why even waste our time. If you are married, have kids, a girlfriend or just want a social life this is not the job for you. Management expects a minimum of 50 hours a week and will add stores to your route if you give got time to service them or not. RUN FROM THIS JOB
Pros
I get two weeks vacation
Cons
Cons??? It will take me all day to list them.
Productive work environment.
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 16, 2017
Very good place to work if you are looking to be an OTR Driver. Drivers are usually home every night. There are lots of perks for driving at Frito-Lay.
Delivery
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 14, 2017
Drove from Clarksville, Tn. to Nashville Tn. every day. Commuted that drive for 18 months. Typical day at work was to load your truck the night before for the stores you will service the next day. Hardest part of the job was the commute. The most enjoyable part of the job was stocking shelves and making them presentable for the customers.
Pros
Worked alone
Cons
store managers can be a pain at times.
fast pace
Route Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CASeptember 14, 2017
very fast pace
management was not there when you need them
it was good pay but no help
this job was is not for anyone
what i enjoy was dealing with customers
Don't believe the hype
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 13, 2017
Job description and reality doesn't match. Management isn't on the same page on what is required and how it is to be done. It's a rare occurrence that merchandising standards are upheld. At one point hours were cut by corporate. Same workload had to be done in less time. The loser was the store in getting substandard merchandising. This location seems to be the revolving door for employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management plays favorites. Saw the "CSL" only twice in the field in over a year
Productive fast paced warehouse!
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2017
Awesome pay, definitely a team job in ensuring trucks are all loaded quickly and accurately by the end of each shift. Great quarterly incentives, company provided lunch often. Management was extremely open to suggestive ways to make things better for employees to complete their work in a easier but safe way.

Long term, physically working in the position I worked wasn't good on my body, because of repitition of doing things the exact same way, but shortly before I left I figured a better way that management approved but I wish I'd thought of it much much sooner.
Pros
Great pay, stability, awesome benefits!
Cons
No AC in warehouse
No work/life balance
Route Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 12, 2017
Long hours, work most weekends and holidays, pay and routes are always getting cut. Benefits are very good, with low costs for employees. Lots of recent college grads are managers with few people skills.
Benefits
Cons
No work/life balance
Poor management, they hire 20 year olds with zero experience to run a billion dollar company
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 11, 2017
Would not recommend, used to be a great company, in the past 5 or so years has gone way downhill. Not great when inexperienced 20 tear olds are running a fortune 500 company and have absolutely no clue how to manage anything.
Cons
Long days, poor inexperienced management
Physical work with good pay
Seasoning operator (Former Employee) –  York, PA 17404September 11, 2017
Extremely physical job, fast paste and can make very good money here. Adults coworkers there are childish and don't want to do most of their assigned work. hard to get straight answers from supervisors sometimes. your ideas are no longer your own, they belong to Frito lay. can be a great place to work if you ignore everyone and just do your job. Very easy to switch from one position to a better position.
Good company, horrible management
Warehouse Material Handler (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 11, 2017
Hours were long and stressful, 12 hour shifts. Working graveyards as well. the workers there are amazing people, hard working and dedicated. Blue collar guys who are respectful and willing to help you most of the time. Benefits and pay are undeniably one of the best. Management is bar none some of the worst that I have ever experienced in work. Too much managers for a single job position, there is no communication, virtually non existent. Never given a "good job" it's always what's bad and what's getting worse. Not only that the managers didn't care about you, the laborers, the people. It's a selfish game. So I ultimately was stuck at the bottom the entire time, never had a chance to excel and move up in the company. I learned a lot there, I work well with others and understand how management should work, being that I've been there before as a manger myself, just in a different company. Most enjoyable part was the people I worked with, such great people. I work so well with others, we work as a team to succeed. We take care of each other.
Pros
Great workers, incredible pay and benfits
Cons
management, management, management.
Great Place to work
Hostler/Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Duncanville, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Frito Lay is a great place to work with great benefits. Management is great and they have a great culture. Hardest part of the job to me is not having my weekends open for my children and that is a very big deal to me.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
short lunch and you never know what the day will be like. No consistency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.