Frito-Lay
1,054 reviews

Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Goal oriented company
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), South Windsor CTMay 27, 2015
Good salary and benefits. A lot of pressure for sales.Always coming out with new products. Constant sales training and many work hours.
fun atmosphere
Internship (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 26, 2015
Very laid back, can get crazy at times. Very fun to work in. much down time, the people here are great. Different type of work everyday, non consistent.
Its not only a job. Its a home. Your co-workers are family
Warehouse Material Handler (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXMay 26, 2015
A great place for learning and advancement. I made family at Frito Lay. People will watch out for you and your safety is a concern for all.
packer (Current Employee), Lynchburg VaMay 26, 2015
I pack chips to be sent out all over My co workers are great It is a fast paced job not boring at all. There really isn't a hard part of the job you just have to pace yourself to keep up.
Fast pace environment, great stability
District Sales Leader (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2015
Pros: development
Cons: work life balance
Great organization to develop leadership skills. Fun, talented people you are surrounded with. Good company to work for if looking for a stable long term career.
The most technologically advanced plant in the US
Class A Plant Mechanic, Baked Unit Engineering (Former Employee), Buttonwillow caMay 21, 2015
Frito Lay is an excellent place to work with cutting edge technology. To do things that have never been done before. The opportunities for inner self growth, knowledge, and the ability for continued education and training are amazing.
typical workday
Bake Line Operator (Former Employee), Duncannivlle TexasMay 20, 2015
Work around very talent batch mixers that mix ingredients for the frito lay chips, great information, load huge vats with different ingredients.
Challenging and rewarding work environment
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Bartlett, TNMay 18, 2015
Pros: Profressional Growth
Cons: Career Growth Path
Coordinated territory sales development and revenue production in two channels of business, food service and vending, for Western Tennessee and Arkansas. Business reflected $9.2 million dollars in sales volume. Implemented marketing and sales plans with local
and regional restaurants, grocery, and vending operators. Screened, hired, trained, and promoted new sales associates. Worked directly with Corporate Marketing on new product launch. Worked directly with store managers to increase shelf space. Was instrumental in supporting sales associates with key accounts negotiations. Work with Brand teams during new product development process to help them understand category and segment better. Track and report new item launch success versus benchmark goals.
horrible workplace
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ridgewood, NYMay 17, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
This job was horrible. They provided no guidance. They did provide a good salary with decent benefits. But the work environment was horrible. My co-workers were not very friendly and would stab you in the back at the first opportunity.
secure company
Sales District Leader/ warehouse manager (Former Employee), renoMay 15, 2015
it was a great place to work, company is going with a younger work force. i would still be there. great benefits, always growing
good if your single
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), Syracuse NYMay 14, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: work life balance
Work life Balance is impossible, Management is hit or miss hope you get one that cares.

14 hours a day

Management hit or miss.

day never ends

best part is the people you work with.
No day is the same
route sales representative (Former Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIMay 14, 2015
They have a strong growth push, and they do compensate well for those who are driven to succeed. The hardest part of the job, for me, was having enough hours in the day to do my job the way I knew it should be done. The best thing was building those working relationships with the customers.
well I can do whatever it takes too get a job and I'm a quick learner and fun to hangout wit
delivery (Former Employee), Brownfield, TxMay 13, 2015
Pros: get job done
Cons: really I have what it takes
My skills are. Unique and I have to do this job I know I haven't worked for this company but I know I have what it takes to do this job and I'm needing a job a.s.a.p
Great place to work at with good pay
Inspector/Packer (Current Employee), Pulaski, TNMay 12, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: constant standing; boring
Frito Lay is a good place to work at. It provides you with on the job training to make it a job that is easy to transition to. Most of my coworkers were easy to get along with. As with most places, there are people who think they are the boss and can tell people what they should be doing, or run to management to tell when something isn't being done like they want it done. Most days at Frito Lay are pretty much the same. It's a pretty boring job. You pack/inspect cookies and rotate to a different spot on the line every 30 minutes. The hardest part of the job is standing on your feet for 8 hours. Management is fairly lax and laid back.
Oustanding company
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDMay 10, 2015
This was an awsome job. I did enjoy my time there and the people were very helpful. Great work life balance as well. Would definately recomend working there.
There is pros and cons but a good experience overall
RSR- Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLoridaMay 9, 2015
Pros: independence, decent pay, good people
Cons: pay had decreased, benefits decreased, some changes made on the job were not as good
Most mornings started the same pretty repetitive, if there was no complications. I had a route with four grocery store i took care of everyday. When i came into the job for the first time i had not much idea about how they did things, I adapted to what i new an learned a lot about merchandising and how to come about on a sales type of view. My title was route sales representative. Required a lot of communication and customer skills as well as time management and strategic thinking. I had a lot of good co-workers, they were there to help if i needed it. Some would complain and others would go about there day. The job had a sales plan to reach every week a lot of times there was no problem deepening on what kind of sale we had going on. When the stores were slowing down and we had a weaker sale going on it made the week really hard to reach that goal. Although there were times where you could make it just barely,other times there was not and we are really pushed to hit that even though the stores weren't just doing that volume. Some managers came right from college and didnt know the field like we did, so they didn't understand that unfortunately there would be some weeks where the target sales was just no viable. I always tried my hardest to reach it, that was my money to i got paid to bring in as much sales as possible, so i was always trying to bring in what i could. The job for the most part consisted me being on my own and representing my company on the field personally. It was good to have that independence and freedom,
stay away
Route Sales / Sales Specialists (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 8, 2015
good pay
bad hours
bad management
nothing matters but sales
not a good place to work
70-80 hours per week
no overtime ...........
NO Micro Managing
Vendor/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Hinesville, GAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Freedom, Money was easy, Management was cool
Cons: The customers get mad when you can help them because you dont work there
I loved the job I was free to come and go when i please
I didnt have to clock in and out for break or ask to go to the bathroom
I could wear my head phones and just do my job
It was a great stepping stone for my early career
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Work/and life balance is very poor
It has been a great opportunity for me to get started and especially in a big cooperation like this. I have learned a lot from a leadership, trade, and management point of view to really start me well rounded in the work industry. Even though i have learned all of these skills, the home and personal life has suffered greatly and the thus is the reason it is time for me to move on.
sales
Route Salesman (Current Employee), Mobile, ALApril 28, 2015
enjoy customer service, inventory control, working with a great group of co workers, and enjoy trying out the new products and passing it onto my customers, friends, and telling family also

1 2 3 4 5

About Frito-Lay

Frito-Lay is the undisputed chip champ of North America. The company makes some of the best-known and top-selling savory snacks – Read more

Frito-Lay Salaries