Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Found 1,768 reviews matching the search
Fun to work there.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 21, 2017
I have a great time working at Frito Lay. Management is incredible and you really feel like part of the family there. Ive learned a lot about route sales and what it means to be a team player.
Hard work/long hours
Route Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 20, 2017
Run sales routes while the sales rep is on vacation or sick. Drive a company truck or personal vehicle to different customers to check-in orders, merchandise and order for the accounts.

I learned to work quickly.

Management was inconsistent.
Decent pay, lots of hours
RSR (Current Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 20, 2017
New pay structure gets away from comission and more towards making/beating sales goals.

Tenure changes your base salary (making goal can mean making $50k a year or $70k depending on tenure) and exceeding goal allows you to exceed base salary. I always make/beat goal, but this requires a lot of time and energy. I generally work 60 hours a week for about $60k a year.

If you're single/no children it's an OK gig. If you have tenure you can sign up for easier routes and drop from 60 to 45-50 hours a week, allowing more family time, but this may take a decade. If you want to go far, sign up when you're 18 so that when you're 30 you're making good money and have time to start a family. If you sign up in your 30s or 40s then it's a tougher job.
Pros
Potential Pay
Cons
Work/Life balance
great employer with great benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  Killingly, CTJanuary 20, 2017
great job i wish i could still work there but had to be let go due to a medical issue, loved the job the hours and the component pay while i was there
Management doesn't have a clue
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 19, 2017
Thought this job was what I was going to be doing the rest of my working life...I was wrong no support from management and changing of policy whenever it suited them
Good Work
Route Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAJanuary 19, 2017
Good company good people can make good money just have to work hard and hope to land on a good route. Management is ok but there are times where you could use more of a helping hand.
Pros
good pay
Cons
No family time
Good Benefits, Terrible hours/work life balance. Pay is mediocre
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 19, 2017
Benefits are great, most RSRs are there for that reason only. expect to work 60hrs every week, start between 2-4am. if you do not make your plan goal each month you will loose money. base salary is not guaranteed. only if you reach 100% to plan. Which pay is low to begin with. good training, then its into the fire you go. Very demanding job, again, plan to work all the time! and you don't get a standard overtime pay, it is VROT.
Pros
Retirement, pension, other benefits
Cons
terrible work life balance, pay is dependent on your sales
Job at Frito-Lay
Receiving Technician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNJanuary 19, 2017
I have enjoyed my job at Frito-Lay because it has giving me a chance to make life long friends and provided me the means to provide for my family. My days at Frito-Lay are long and hard.
Pros
make lots of money
Cons
long hours in a day
good place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2017
I like it was good I liked it the company atmosphere was exceptional on many levels further more I wouldn't have it any other way the hours was ok I wanted more hrs but unfortunate events caused the company to close and I moved on to find better sources
Pros
nothin
Cons
it wasnt enough hours
Great
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 17, 2017
Was able to get some good hours in the beginning. Only worked there a few months, and loved how they supplied their customers with lunch and uniforms. Other than that, horrible.
Great place to work very helpful and respectful co-workers really enjoyed the times there. Everything is done in an efficient and timely manner.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Frito lays was a nice clean warehouse to work, we were all about safety and achieving our goals to the up most highest standards. Our shift would start with stretching our bodies for 10 mins then our managers would come and explain where we stand in productivity and tell us what we need to do for day. We would work with scanners and order pick at a safe fast paced to give quality products to our customer. I can Honestly say frito lays really cares about their employees the would send up a physical therapist once in a while to check up on us to make sure we are ok, I will miss working there.
Pros
Holiday Dinners.
Cons
none.
Working part-time with this company was much more enjoyable than workiing full-time.
Part-time Detailer (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 17, 2017
I was a part-time detailer and worked up to a full-time Sales Merchandiser. I was given four grocery stores to fill product on the shelves. I enjoyed the job until the added a fifth store to my route and expected me to finish it in the same amount of time it took to fill four.
Pros
The compensation was very good, and the benefits were great also.
Cons
Standing on my feet for many hours pushing product as quickly as I could.
fast pace,
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJanuary 16, 2017
bad communication between rep and dsl, Long hours, no time with family, no holidays off, coworkers are great, it pays good
Great company
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 15, 2017
Very great company to work for with great coworkers and managers that always are willing to come out and help with what ever they can.
Material Handler
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 14, 2017
Starts with morning meeting, then you get assignment and start work. You load cases of Frito Lay snack products on trailer truck via conveyor belt. You have 2 breaks and a 30 minute lunch per 8 hour shift.
Good Place to work- Very demanding
Processing Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 12, 2017
You get full responsibility for your work area, but that comes with an expectation of limited work life balance. You get good training and development.
They still owe me money
HAndler (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJanuary 11, 2017
They are so behind times at there warehouse. First little thing that goes wrong nobody knows what to do. you can't contact anybody at the Londonderry place or anywhere in the company. What messed up place not bad pay. But first you have to get give them couple more weeks before I go to the state of nh. I suggest you run the other way. So much for the family talk . By the way I don't mind working if they know what they are doing. But not going work for people who don't.
Pros
Paid
Cons
They are backwards and don't paid you
Great benefits and great pay potential.
Route Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2017
Good company with great benefits. Long days and holidays are a must. Work life balance is not good. Weather plays a big part as the trucks are cold or hot.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
hours, conditions, holiday work days even longer.
Decent Benefits, Poor work-life balance
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Frito Lay has provided me a steady income and decent, competitive wages. Benefits are average, as with 401k options. There are some perks when working for such a large company, such as discounted cell phone plans. Compensation was much better than other places, but new pay structure complicates and lowers compensation drastically. Work and life are extremely challenging, virtually nonexistent. Expect 60 hour work weeks with start times as early as 2 am.
Pros
Pay, discounts
Cons
Work/life balance, long hours
sales, growth oriented. inclusive culture with career development opportunities
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 11, 2017
Good place for a sales career either in management or as a sales associate. Was able to advance, move to new areas, new challengs always on the horizon.
Pros
career growth, safe environment, high level of appreciation for efforts, travel opportunities. Best product quality and development.
Cons
unrealistic sales goals, change in company culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.