Frito-Lay Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,564 reviews matching the search
Good place to work for the single person with high energy
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 30, 2016
A typical day at work if you are relief is getting the information the night before possibly late on where you are to go or what you are supposed to do, or could just be at the Dc at this time with no real idea of what you will be doing. I learned a lot about the company and how we all get chips to our house. The management is good for the most part. The people you work with are usually very good people. The hardest part of the job is that you don't know what you will be doing or where. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay.
Pros
Great pay and Benefits
Cons
Long Hours 10+ up to however long, No real idea of what you will be doing.
The "F" in Frito isn't for "Family"
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 13, 2016
Typical work day: Start times range from 3am-7am, Weekly hours range from 40-70 hours. Incompetent management, and coworkers are tolerable when not moody or spreading rumors. I learned that Frito cares more about making money for the company and less about the employees or their families. The hardest part of the job is knowing that I work for a company that could not care less about my own well-being, and the most enjoyable part of the job is going home.
Pros
Hating your job so much that sometimes you forget how much your hate your spouse.
Cons
Too much time to dwell on my life decisions.
A very rewarding and well balanced fun place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 26, 2016
I would go to designated stores and replenish frito-lay product from the backroom to ailes in a fast,orderly fashion. Take out empty carts and leave them outside at the back of store. Over the years, I learned to be more efficient and productive merchanidiser knowing every product location. The managers and co-workers are friendly and easy to talk to. The hardest part of the job is waking up very early in the morning to finish your duty, but it does pay very well.
Pros
Great opportunities for advancement
Cons
the changes in different routes and leaders.
No life, terrible management.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 7, 2016
If you could survive this place for 10 years you would probably have it made. The hours are horrid. The only thing management cares about is numbers. You get your rate and they expect more. They act like they don't have a clue most days. People that have put in several years have all the gravy jobs even though they are suppose to be getting the same pay as you and have the same title. If you don't volunteer to work overtime you will be forced to do it. I would say yes to any job in this factory except Material Handler. BUT PLEASE! Stay away from this job.
Pros
Free chips
Cons
Management knows less about the job than you do after your first week there.
Good place to work with great benefits.
Carton Lead, Material Handler, FIG (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNJune 27, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Frito Lay and have learned so much that will help me in the next stages of my life. I am looking for a change that is aligned with my degree is the only reason I would consider leaving Frito Lay. Frito Lay's strategy for management currently is to place people straight out of college in management positions and is less focused on promoting from within at this time.
Pros
Compensation, benefits
Cons
small chance of advancement from within
great work environment
Route sales. Frito lay co.--- (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 2, 2016
Started in route sales on eastern long island, stocking shelves with Frito-Lay products was easy, but the highlight of the day was meeting and talking to store owners or managers to discus sales and promotions. I developed a rep ore with them ,that led to one of the highest sales routes on the Island.
The management team at Frito-Lay was amazing. Always ready to help with any problems that may come up. They also supported me 100% when I was activated during the Iraq war. They held my route and position for me, for over six months. Its a great company to work for.
Pros
great team
Cons
winter weath
Sanitation
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, NYJuly 5, 2016
A typical work day was going to the packaging area and cleaning the chip production area that was down for that day.
What I learned was that no matter how good of a job you did, you were always under scrutiny of the supervisors of the area.
Management was at par at best, they only cared about you making sure everything was spotless and nothing else.
My co-workers were the only good thing that came out of the time frame I worked there. They were the nicest people you could work with that knows exactly how things worked.
The hardest job was to keep your composer after multiple people from the same area degraded you, and the most enjoyable was leaving time unfortunately.
Challenging fast pace working environment.
Packer Flex (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAJuly 6, 2016
At the end of the day Frito Lay is still one of the best companies to work for. Work life balance is ok if you are Part Time. Full Time employees have to stay over or in early at time but pulling 65hrs+ a week. Yes it get tiring at time but I like challenges! I like to make $$$. Weekly pay, even triple pay for the holidays. Frito lay also have catered lunches for performance and holidays quite often. Benefits are amazing I can't complain.
Pros
Pay, Holiday pay, thorough training, great employees.
Cons
Frito Lays was a wonderful work place.
Pre-pick/ Shipper (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNJune 27, 2016
I loved working for Frito Lays. It made me very proud to say that I was working for such a great company. A typical day at work was great. I would always try to beat my rate from the day before. Me and my co-workers had fun and would have friendly competition on who could pick the fastest. I would always go above and beyond every night I was there
Pros
All around great work place.
Cons
Parking could be bad sometimes but it never was a big deal.
Run as fast as You can the other way!!!!
RSR (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 14, 2016
Worst company I ever worked for. Backstabbing management, Receivers yell at you. No support from SDLS!!! Long hours, criticized for your work!!! No Positive reinforcement. Gossipy co workers. Placing bets on who will quit!!! Male Chauvinist company....
They hire young college grads that don't have a clue about retail or physical labor. The VROT overtime pay sucks. The more you work the less you earn per hour. Seems like it should be illegal.
Pros
The comedy of watching SDLS run a route!!! Took 3 or more to do the job of 1 rsr!!!!!
Cons
no work, life balance, no air in trucks, lying, gossiping, receivers, and DSL, SDL, BSLS, whatever they call them.....Glad to be away from this company...
Fast pace and challenging
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 15, 2016
It can be physically demanding working in limited space provided to the vendors and handling the carts. You must manage your time in order to meet all of your customer door times. If you work hard for your customer you can earn their respect and know you have done a job well. You have very little contact with other co-workers and management.
Pros
independent work
Cons
no scheduled lunch even if working 12 hour day
A job that I was able to see the results of my work
ROUTE SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Grimes, IAJune 23, 2016
I gained knowledge at this job in so many fields that would help me not only in my next job, but also dealing with people as well as defensive driving. My co-workers became friends and the management was awesome. My lack of college education prevented me from advancing or I would never have left this company.
Pros
overall great company to work with
Cons
advancement opportunities from within
Very stable company to work for
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 11, 2016
Most schedules are for 5 day work weeks. A typical day at work consists of an 8 hour shift with 1/2 hour unpaid lunch. Overtime may be required based on business needs, in which case one may be required to either stay over for 4 hours, or come in 4 hours prior to the shift. Weekend overtime also occurs. Management is fair. Co-workers are given reasonable expectations, though from a supervisor standpoint it's hard to set a standard when anything can happen. The job does require lifting and the random overtime due to call offs can be an issue, but it's fairly stable and compensates the employees well. A generally good attitude among the workers there.
Pros
Many benefits come with working
Cons
Though inside, exposed to the temperature of the elements
Always had a feel that everyone was family
RSA/CSR (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 27, 2016
I would deliver product to my customers daily. I would have to clean my truck and order product that was needed. And know what the customers expected of me to do. Management was a good bunch of people. They would help any way they could. And wouldn't think you were not fit if you had questions. I hours were the hardest part and the weather. I liked how you always felt like a family with everyone that worked there. And being able to meet new people while on the route an in the stores.
Pros
good pay, family environment
Highs n Lows
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2016
Almost great pay and benefits from a nice company. Management could be a lot better because they are not there to help you but rather the company. It's obvious that they concern themselves with numbers for production more than anything. The hours are long at nearly every position so there's hardly a home life. It's a seniority based company as far as bidding on routes for drivers so the lower guys struggle in the beginning. The work is very tiring and you must be able to walk a lot especially if you're a driver delivering products.
Pros
Pay scale, benefits
Cons
Route notice, equipment, enviroment
Uneasy and hypocritical atmosphere.
RSR Driver (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAMay 24, 2016
Great company, but not everyone at the company is great.
Management at this location is sorry, you will be judge and you will not be given a fair shake depending on who you are.
I personally was not given an equal opportunity to work and prove myself beyond capable and worthy for a spot with this company.I feel that it is not right for such things of this magnitude to be allowed and to continue. Base your opinion of one off how they work and do they're job, one's religion or choice of style should have no affect on what type of person or worker they are, we are all people trying to get paid !
Pros
Money
Cons
work/life balance
Demanding, little time to enjoy the many relationships developed in sales calls
Route Business Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 20, 2016
Inspect Truck for DOT compliance
6:00 AM first delivery
7:00 PM last delivery
Load truck for next day

Many deliveries, many miles, many different personalities, many rules, regulations, policies to follow

Co-workers generally friendly

Dealing withy Frito-Lay management the hardest part of job

Customer relationships the most enjoyable part of job
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Many Different Supervisors Many Different Management Styles and Demands
Great opportunity
Packer/Packaging Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 20, 2016
Frito Lay is one of the only place where you can jump start your career. If you went to college great. If you did not go to college great. Frito Lay will give you a great opportunity to enhance your life. They are looking for hard working individuals to bring joy into people homes. The managers and co-workers can be hard to deal with at times, but when you realized you are working for a common goal and that's to bring great quality product into someone's life it gives you a feeling of euphoria.
Pros
Top salaries
Cons
Great job with excellent benefits
Route Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2016
I worked there for almost 2years as a route sales associate, unfortunately I was let go, if I was ever given an opportunity to go back, I most definitely will 100%. The pay was very good, being as young as I am, I was making sooo much money, but you can NOT, be lazy working there, yes you get paid really well, but you definitely are working very very hard for that money, it is not an easy job.
Pretty Sure this is a scam
Sales Route Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 10, 2016
This route sales job for Lafayette, they keep interviewing people, requesting they do a "ride along" which means they have you put in a full days work, then never contact you back. Do not interview for this job, and if you do do not do the ride along unless you like working a full day without pay. Any company that does this surely has only their best interest in mind. They will talk to you like the job is yours, "when you start you'll see this" etc. so you feel secured like the job is yours, then work the free day, then quit answering calls and texts. Then they move on to the next sucker. Reporting them to the BBB.
Pros
Fill your head with lies
Cons
They talk to you like the job is yours, have you work a day for free, then never contact again. Then they do it to someone else, free labor for them