Frito-Lay Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,313 reviews matching the search
Always changing.
SALES REP. AND DRIVER (Arizona) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 1, 2016
My expirience working for Frito lay was great at first, although over the years management seemed to always come up with techniques to cut salaries for more work. It wasn't fair especially for the people that had families. The job security was there although there was not much of a work/life balance. I worked over 55 hours a week as well as the majority of the sales representatives that have been there for more than ten years. I wouldnt recommend this job to anyone who has children or significant other.
Benefits
Cons
Hours worked per week, and no work life balance.
Exciting, hardwork but so fun and we had a gym at the facility.
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 6, 2016
Applying checks for multi-billion dollar company and auditing invoices for invalid promotions was my everyday job, I loved finding out why a promotion was either not granted or was taken outside the window. I learned so much from Frito-Lay and it gave me the tools I needed when obtaining my job at Old Orchard. Management was great, but just as you were getting to know a new manager, we would get a new one so it was a little hard getting to know that person. I loved working with all my co-workers we helped each other during crunch time which was always right before Christmas. The hardest part was getting invalid deductions paid back or obtaining backup, but it was a challenge I loved the most.
Pros
Inhouse gym, great benefits and great salary.
No Work / Life Balance, You Live There!
Operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDApril 5, 2016
You will have no life whatsoever working for Frito Lay!
You will be forced to work all holidays, you will be forced to work on your days off, you will be forced to work 12 hour shifts with little or no notice. Everyone uses their vacation time just to get weekends and holidays off. Good pay and benefits, but you are selling your soul in exchange for them. Management is a revolving door, always green and inexperienced and using Frito Lay as a stepping stone to move on to a better position somewhere else. Used to have profit sharing but eliminated it. Used to have a pension plan but are eliminating it also. Most people don't last more than a few years there anyway. I lasted far longer than
I should have, I lost a great deal of my life working for Frito Lay. If I had the chance to do it over, I would have left within 5 years. Just Not Worth It!
Pros
Good Pay and benefits
Cons
It becomes your life, you are always there
adequate pay, zero advancement or career development opportunity
maintenance technician / site expert trainer (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARFebruary 5, 2016
Great group of co-workers. Management consisted of mostly new college graduates with no experience or skill in doing the tasks assigned to their personnel. There is no career development. i was told numerous times i would be sent to requested training with no results due to the fact that i already posessed the skills required to do controls tasks. i explained that it would be beneficial to the company if i learn more effecient ways to utilize my skills.
Pros
i got to work on some challenging problems which i highly enjoy, great group of co-workers with diverse experience
Cons
No career development, no first shift position in the 14 years worked
District Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day at Frito Lay involved talking with my Route Sales Reps before they went to their account. I would visit their accounts to update managers on special promotions, and to make sure that the Reps were doing their jobs the 'Frito Lay Way.' I learned that no two accounts/decision-makers will be alike, so being a person o many hats is crucial at a job like this one. My managers and coworkers were very supportive. The hardest part of my job were the long hours. You had to really 'work smarter and not harder' in order to have that work/quality of life balance. The most enjoyable part of my job was that is was never boring. Everyday was a new adventure
Pros
Fun Community Projects
Cons
Long Hours
Decent pay and benefits with horrible work enviroment
Backfill CSR (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 4, 2016
Frito Lay has good pay and benefits but bad management and work environment. There aren't any end times so management tells you when you can leave. You are threaten constantly about job security. Employees felt constantly lied to and picked on.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Fun and Work Combined
Packer (Former Employee) –  Killingly, CTJanuary 2, 2016
Frito-Lay is a great place to work! They are very good to the employees . As well as wanting the employees to succeed. They are very great as well in caring about the community. There is the Relay for Life in which my Mother and I do the bake sale. And when some of the people who work here (in Massachusetts,) were struck by a tornado, I'm proud to say that Frito Lay stepped up to the plate and helped out At first the learning part was a little tough, but the workers helped me with tricks to make the packing easier. I made many good friends.
Pros
Benefits, good friends, and awards.
Cons
A little bit of work-life balance, but in summer that's a part of it.
Productive and fun place to work with flexibility for individual demands and needs.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 17, 2015
A top Fortune 500 company evolving to keep the number one salty snack food reputation the founding members created.
Management focus is to retain top productive employees which often gets lost in the evolving culture among young managers as the high management turnover rate demonstrates.
Recognition is sometimes misdirected toward employees with senior time who had no part in the accomplishment being recognized, however, plenty of accolades are distributed for individuals who strive on receiving apiece of paper saying they accomplished something important. Monetary rewards are distributed among employees depending on individual facilities.
A share power program is highly enforced to encourage employees to take ownership of their actions at work and a shift differential pay is provided to accommodate for the interruption in social life for off business hours shifts.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Too competative for the average employee, lacks moral support to fellow injured employees
not good to work for
Box Drop Technician (Current Employee) –  Kirkwood, NYMarch 13, 2016
would not recommend anyone to work for this company.they treat you like a number. cant get a straight answer from any resource. the ceo got 10million raise . hourly employees got nothing.
Pros
forced ot
Cons
Long days, demanding clients, constantly fighting burnout
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 16, 2015
The hours are practically graveyard at this point. Typically start your day around 1:00am and if you're lucky you might get done around noon. You travel between a handful of stores merchandising product to retail shelves and negotiating extra space and displays with the store managers. It is you and your merchandiser against the world, and if your merchandiser doesn't have a sense of urgency toward their work you're on your own. Management is really helpful if you vocalize your concerns and they are always on call. This job teaches you time management and how to prioritize your tasks and energy. The hardest part of the job is the schedule. Every day is open-ended and starts extremely early in the morning. The most enjoyable part of the job aside from the money would have to be the people you meet in each of your stores. You get to meet a lot of really great people and work with them every day to develop really great friendships.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Grueling work and awful work/life balance
trucks need a lot of work done to them. there not in the best of shape
Route/Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 6, 2016
I liked what i was doing. I worked 14 hour days it was very long days. The other employees where so nice to one enother. I really like all of the learning there was to do the instructors where a blast to work with. the Management didn't talk to much to some of the employees. the hardest thing about working there was trying to drive some of the beet up trucks that they had.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
no time to take lunchs
They have a great program for advancement. Fantastic benefits
Admin Traffic Scheduler (Former Employee) –  UtahMarch 22, 2016
I worked for Frito Lay for 9 years and loved every minute of it. Friendly people, great incentives.
A wonderful thing that Frito Lay always did when I was there was to hire internally first before looking external.
Pros
Benefits and Holiday party's by department are so great.
Cons
People that have to be on call don't have a very work/life balance
Cancer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAFebruary 27, 2016
Long hours poor quality of life. No chance of advancement . High turnover rate. Constant high stress levels. Mid management have no clue about job
Employees, Management, Work life Balance
Material Handler Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTFebruary 23, 2016
The Employ are the only thing that makes it fun to be there, management expect things that they couldn't do them self's then you get penalized for using sick pay. the work life balance has gotten better over the years. Training sucks took me 1 years to feel comfortable with the ICS system. they want you to be perfect on invoice accuracy. I like the pay check the best
Great place to work.
Route Sales/Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAMarch 16, 2016
job at Frito was a learning experience everyday. No day was the same. A typical day was long hours, hard and fast paced. But at the end of the day, u felt a positive feeling. Management was tricky to work with. But as long as u communicated with them, there never was a problem. I felt, even if i didn't agree, there way was the best to do first. Experience taught me that mgmt. is in that position because they earned it. As a trainner, i was pretty picky. I believed in showing then working with new people to help them not only to produce but also to feel good about themselves. Hardest part of the job was working with mgmt of stores. As a vendor, we were looked down on. Just part of there process. After building a repore with them, they slacked off and knew they were going to be satisfied to where they wouldn't even check our work. The best thing i liked about the job was building relationships. Also u had to work independently. So the responsibility was on you. You would get a feeling as u owned the route. Oncw you trained new people and you got to see them succeed, it was like the next generation you had alot to do with.
Retiring after 17 years was rough. But i still feel like i haven't left, as i still converse with alot of friends there.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Healthcare(medical, dental, vision) for family.
Frito becomes home
material handler (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 5, 2016
You will work 70 to 80 hours a week and get paid well for it, just don't expect to spend time with your family.
Management is professional, but doesn't listen to employees.
Equipment issues are abundant since the company won't fix anything beyond putting a band-aid on it.
Won't hire from within
Pros
free chips, good pay
Cons
no work/life balance
Decent job with good benefits
Route Salesman (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2016
Average work week consists of 45-60 hours a week depending on route, number of stops, and experience. Normal days has 8 - 12 stops which include supermarkets, pharmacies, gas stations, and dollar stores. Start time of anywhere from 5am to 6 am unless working bulk side which starts much earlier. Normal day is anywhere from 8 - 11 hours a day depending on route. Most of work is done on your own at your own pace and desire. Trucks are loaded for you by warehouse staff overnight. Basic job description is delivering, stocking, and ordering of chips on your route. Involves a lot of up and down on knees and reaching with hands and fingers. Lots of communicating with store managers about upcoming sales and new items.
Pros
Great benefits like cost efficient health insurance, pension plan, and free chips
Cons
No holidays off- always work 5 days a week, pay is basically the same for all rsr's no matter the experience
great for a single person or who doesnt care much about family
Route Sales Driver (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 23, 2016
you will make really good money here not bad place to worked. lots of discount on varies of things and great health benefits and pension plan
Pros
$$$$$ around 60k a year
Cons
no family time very long hours 60plus on a 5 day schedule
No work life balance
Warehouse Utility (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 21, 2015
As far as pay rate and benefits, these are probably the best two things this company has to offer. If you don't mind working an average of six days a week and twelve hour shifts then this is the place for you. Don't look forward to advancements with this company unless you have college degree. They also run off of a point system and once you reach seven, they will terminate you without hesitation regardless of how long you have been employed by them. As far as the people go, your co-workers are just about the only thing you have to look forward too each day.
Pros
Pay rate and benefits
Cons
long hours, long work weeks, and working holidays
Challenging and Rewarding
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sonora, CASeptember 13, 2015
The expectations are high and the work load challenging at times. The upside is working with and building relationships with customers is rewarding if you're a people person. I've made many life-long friends in this job. There's a lot of turn-over in middle management and area supervision but for the most part I've had good experiences with my managers and have received fair treatment. Benefits are great although the share of health care costs keeps going up. There are also generous incentives provided for specific goal achievement which has been a fun bonus. All in all, I've found it to be a secure and enjoyable work experience.
Pros
Benefits and Paid Time Off
Cons
High Expectations