Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Found 1,899 reviews matching the search
Awesome Job
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GAMarch 23, 2017
Great opportunities. I started out as a packer and was promoted to a Processing Technician. The best job of my life at that time. Friendly manager, approachable and always encouraging you to do more.
Warehouser forklift operater
Warehouse Worker forklift (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2017
They were good on the safety of the workers. The managers listened to suggestions. I went in rotated product in storage and picked orders as needed. Worked 12 hour shiftd with plenty overtime
Pros
Goood benefits
Needs. Ether connection to employee
Regional Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMarch 21, 2017
Was a tough place to work. Not much positive feedback to the employee when a good job was completed. But plenty when the work didn't. Front line manager not well versed in dealing with employees
my opinion.
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 20, 2017
frito lay inc (irving) is one of the worst jobs I have every worked for, management is unfair and they don't care about you at all. they show no remorse for you and they are very disrespectful and the new managers are young and unexperienced. they treat you exactly like a number, they don't care about who you are, no heart in the place of business. no team work, disorganized, and the managers are 110% in it for themselves. the only thing I have learned from my time there is, money isn't everything and go back to school. do not get stuck in that place. the hardest part about the job is trying to deal with the unfairness day in and day out. the most enjoyable part is being able to make good co-workers and long term friends. FRITO LAY in IRVING IS EXTREMELY STRESSFUL AND UNFAIR.
A great company
District Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CAMarch 20, 2017
Frito Lay is a structured company profit oriented. A typical day of work means a minimum of ten hours. The balance between work and family time is questionable. A fast paced environment.
Pros
A great company, Service and profit oriented.
Cons
No balance between family and work time.
very long hours
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 20, 2017
very long days with low life balance and decreased pay you service a minimum of 12 customers daily with a work week of 60 to 70 hours also a new performance pay has been placed
Pros
job security
Cons
very long hours
Relaxing work enviroment
Bulk Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILMarch 19, 2017
Enjoyed working for Frito Lay. I would recommend Frito Lay to friends and family if they were seeking employment. I do not agree with the performance rates though.
Pros
chips and a great work enviroment
Cons
performance based rate
Productive and fun workplace
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 19, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. It's a great place to work!!
They ensure that employees understand the performance standards expected of them. Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly into review phrases, using appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information.
Steady reliable work
Receiving Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2017
Great company for advancement opportunities. I've worked several positions in the 15 years I've been employed there. The work culture demands employees be hard working and dependable
Pros
Free product while on site, good benefits
Cons
Hot working environment
OK job if you can deal with non-stop mgmt pressure
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 19, 2017
you will never be celebrated for work well done as hard as you are vilified for not meeting sales plans. the job is ok but every year the take a little more from the employee (pay, benefits or increased work load) to help the company meet their bottom line.

it's a typical large company. you need to deal with HR and foolish mgmt decisions.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
most work needs to be done on holidays and weekends, start VERY early (3ish AM), annual pay or benefit cuts
I loved it!!!
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INMarch 18, 2017
I worked for this company for 9 years. Great pay and good benefits. Management is very respectful and treat everyone like equals. If u can get on here i suggest stay. I quit after 9 years because there is a ton of forced overtime. Still most positions are not too difficult and the pay is awesome. Definitely a great work environment
typical work day
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILMarch 18, 2017
a typical day of work starts at 4 am in the morning usually ending around 1 pm the workplace is great im a hard worker easy learner i get along with everybody the hardest part of my job is probably is the probably the lack of effort the supervisor show.
Pros
we get free lunches once a month decent pay
Cons
lack of days off at times
Great coworkers, decent pay, horrible company
Bulk 24 and Pre-Pick Member (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 18, 2017
The coworkers and pay are great since they are what really gets you to stay but the job itself is horrible. It's stressful in so many way. Higher ups expect us to be robots and don't think we get tired and provide unreasonable expectations along with us getting in trouble for not getting 40 hours a week when our hours are based on the volume which screws over everyone
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Tough business
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ocala FloridaMarch 18, 2017
This is a job with more jobs added to it .. you'll be responsible to make everything happen for the company to make their money.. while you make a small percentage of what you put it... expect to be out there selling their products 50 plus hours with no help but with someone reminding you to hit sales plan...management is a joke all they worry about is you to make sales so they can make their bonus... you don't get a bonus yourself you just work straight for your check to feed yours. You will never be asked to have a holiday off unless you're lucky enough to have it on your day off the job has no fair perks whatsoever it has pros if you have years in seniority. It takes a different type of person to work for frito lay the company share holders will be more money hungry than you could ever be ... and always find ways to cut you out if your check
Pros
Work by yourself
Cons
Long hours, no guidance, lots of pressure and wear and tear on the body
Relatively fair pay in exchange for a lot of difficult work and long hours
Route Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMarch 17, 2017
I had a long career at Frito Lay. It was a good living and allowed me to raise a family. Over the years, they've made several changes making it more difficult to achieve that. Very early start times and long days. Repetitive motion that will eventually break your body down. The benefit packages are very competitive. Very little room for advancement.
Pros
Good benefits, paid holidays
Cons
long hours, early start times, physically demanding
Good company to work for
Detailer/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 15, 2017
I communicated with store managers about product inventory and fixed product/ restocked inventory when needed. I learned to manage time. The hardest part about the job is the most enjoyable part about the job, the flexible schedule.
Pros
Numerous benefits
Cons
Difficult to advance
different
R&D Technologist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 14, 2017
It has been a difference experience. I don't know what I expected but it's not what i have experienced. I do love the brand and the products because they bring and hold great memories;
i loved working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2017
I worked there for 17 years. I learned a lot from many people. I earned a good living and pension. As a single person I was able to buy a house. Money increased each year.
Pros
money, self motivating
Cons
early and long hours
good place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COMarch 13, 2017
i really enjoyed working to this company and would most definitely wok for this company again if given the opportunity. good benefits. great opportunity.
Pros
fast paste
Cons
good stocks
Great company to work for
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grimes, IAMarch 13, 2017
As a customer service specialist at Frito Lay, you come into various grocery stores around 5 am to check in orders and stock the shelves. You work mainly on your own, which allows you to be in charge of your own experience. I have learned how to work independently and make important decisions in order to perfect my daily routine.
Pros
Work alone, make your own decisions
Cons
don't always know when your work day will end

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.