Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Found 1,632 reviews matching the search
good job, bad experience
Manufacturing mechanic (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 28, 2016
forced overtime in my plant is hard. working 3 or 4 months without a single day off, being forced to work over, in early, all days off gets very old. love doing the job, but we are incredibly under staffed. benefits. everywhere else has more to offer it seems like, low 401k and cheap insurances. not much is provided for all the long hauls they put us through.
productive and fast work place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 28, 2016
when I first started I was having a tough time catching on, with the help of wonderful,helpful, and committed employees. I was able to catch on ad improve my work ethics.
Its of the more decent paying factory jobs but management and pay needs improvement.
Receiving Technician (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 27, 2016
A everyday work at the job isn't really that bad. You'll probably actually work hard 5-6 hrs out of your day and thats on a bad day. The pay is decent but there really raises so once you get that job then that's your pay. you have to wait a time period to be able to bid for different jobs for more pay. Some jobs are better than others when it comes to work to pay ratio. The people are interesting and you'll meet some that can be good friends. Some other people you really can't trust. Management needs improvement a lot.
Productive and enjoy helping our customers resolve issues
Consumer Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Family atmosphere, challenging and many opportunities for advancement. I love the employee appreciation activities that they plan. Learning all the products.
Pros
Productive and enjoy helping our customers resolve issues
Cons
no over-time
Pays well good environment and team work is a must there
Packager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 26, 2016
Pays well but the management there was terrible dude to scheduling like having days off but overall pays really good. I worked there for a couple of months and was able to make enough money to pay for my wedding etc......but the turn over rate is pretty high there because of the hours you work most times they force you to work and if you didn't like you would get a point and that lead to a lot of people Quitting and it's still the same from what I heard.
Great Benefits, poor work life balance
DOT Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2016
Typical day at work start route between 3:30 and 4 AM. Serivce either C-Stores (convenience stores) or large format (walmart, publix, Kroger) load, unload,recieve in store, maintain backstock in stores, rotate product, merchandise product, keep stales down, keep up to date with weekly sales in stores. Starting out you run a different route every week.
The hardest part of the job was getting used to the schedule, and knowing that the schedule changes every week until you're on permanent route.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet different people and learning the sales side of the business
Pros
Independent, health benefits, 401k
Cons
work life balance, new hire pay
Merchandiser
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 25, 2016
Being a Merchandiser is a lot of work but at there same time very rewarding. You get to speak to different people everyday, You never know what your day is going to be. Typical day starts at 3am and ends around 6pm and you go non stop all day. checking in orders, making orders, stocking shelves, and driving from store to store. I learned independence and that you don't stop a project till it is finished.
Frito-lay good company
Site Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2016
This was great company to work for the job as material handler is the hardest job at this company. But job advancement is allowed at this company thru job bidding. I advance at this company very fast thru that system cause management make sure your training allows you to.
Pros
adavncement
Cons
hot and training new managers
This was a temprary position
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CASeptember 23, 2016
They needed me to fill a spot for an employee that was going to be out for a couple of weeks. Unloaded and loaded trucks daily and if needed to assist in other departments I was always there.
it was a great job at first than not so much.
Route Sales Rep - Lead (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS 66619September 23, 2016
I like my store's & most of the people I worked with .some mgmt was very helpful hardest part was meeting unreal weekly sales goals. the pay was very good & benefits
Pros
pay & benefits
Cons
unreal weekly sales plan's
great place to work. Great training
District Sales Manager/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 23, 2016
excellent training, great teachers, fun environment. Helping customers grow their business is very satisfying. great co workers.
Pros
company car
Cons
a lot of travel
Amazing place to work
Detailer, Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTSeptember 22, 2016
Managers are amazing. Benefits are amazing.
The hardest part of the job was learning how to drive a bulk truck properly.
The most enjoyable were the people I worked with.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Starting hours... 3 am
Hard work and long hours for good pay.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORSeptember 21, 2016
Running your own route is like managing a small business. Fun at times and frustrating at other times. Your success or failure is based largely on how hard you are willing to work. I enjoyed the work (for the most part). This job is good for hard-working, motivated people. Not for everyone!
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Hard work and long hours
Productivity and Attendance is key
Warehouse Order Picker and Truck Stacker (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 21, 2016
@ Frito-Lay you start with a 90 day grace period to become a true Frito-Lay employee. The process is great yet not one mistake is allowed when it comes to attendance and mal work ethic.
Many learning opportunities
Universal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2016
Hired as a Universal Mechanic. I was afforded the opportunity to greatly enhance and improve my skills. The only reason I left was to pursue higher education on a full time status.
Pros
Advancement, pay and compensation
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 15, 2016
Management was willing to help on big projects and overall backing of the sales force. Had good pay and benefits. Co-workers and I worked as a team to get the job done.
slavery for minimum wage
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 13, 2016
if you look at what you get paid for the amount of hours its basically minimum wage. ALL PHYSICAL LABOR. straight slave ship. They don't pay well lol.
Pros
chips
Cons
pay doesnt equal hours worked, YOU DONT GET PAID OT, just ask.
Boss in Wichita is a liar!
Route Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 12, 2016
I was promised everything from Management in Wichita and they never followed through. Did nothing to fix an on going problem with another guy that filled in on my days off.

I have not bought a Frito Lay product since and won't. I bad mouth the company every time I get a chance because of the liar in Wichita.
Non-stop forced overtime, incompetent management
Employee (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2016
Do you have a family? Married? Not for long working here. Management thinks working 7 days a week is ok for the hourly employees (but of course get their days off).

Moral and culture is sinking into the abyss, but overall there are some very good people to work with.

Management does nothing through excessive meetings then complain that they don't have time to do their jobs.

Most managers are completely inexperienced, many are fresh out of college, and it is painfully obvious. Many won't listen to employees and innovative ideas are often ignored.

Maintenance staff is fleeing and is way understaffed, heard they are leaving to work for less money just to get away from this plant.

Any projects (plant updates, machinery, etc.) is often nickel and dimed to the point they are not successful and adds stress to working.

Job security is most definitely there, but forget about advancement. Management positions are held almost exclusively by college graduates and only a select few buddys get opportunity.

Benefits are decent but are getting cut slowly each year.

It pays well, but they don't give out raises very often because they are trying to level out with other companies in the area.
Pros
pay
Cons
name it
Worst place I have ever worked at.
Packer (Current Employee) –  Kirkwood, NYSeptember 11, 2016
There is no concern for the employees welfare or their safety. A lot of hazards and more worried about the product getting out. Work employees 60 to 70 hours a week 12 days in a row and do not utilize the workers that do have the time to spare. Most mismanaged place I ever worked at. Over worked employees are pushed to the limits and treated like dogs.