Frito-Lay Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,601 reviews matching the search
Long days, demanding clients, constantly fighting burnout
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 16, 2015
The hours are practically graveyard at this point. Typically start your day around 1:00am and if you're lucky you might get done around noon. You travel between a handful of stores merchandising product to retail shelves and negotiating extra space and displays with the store managers. It is you and your merchandiser against the world, and if your merchandiser doesn't have a sense of urgency toward their work you're on your own. Management is really helpful if you vocalize your concerns and they are always on call. This job teaches you time management and how to prioritize your tasks and energy. The hardest part of the job is the schedule. Every day is open-ended and starts extremely early in the morning. The most enjoyable part of the job aside from the money would have to be the people you meet in each of your stores. You get to meet a lot of really great people and work with them every day to develop really great friendships.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Grueling work and awful work/life balance
"Pay Performance " is horrible.
RSR Driver (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2016
Everything was going fine when we was making commission. Good pay for your work, now they took that from us in Louisville Ky and slowly converting to other regions. Now on "pay performance " so if you don't make plan they will take a percentage away from you on week 2 of the following period. We had so many people quit and can't keep help now. I along with several other co workers are looking for other companies to deliver for. They jack your plan up where it makes hard to achieve so they can get the zone caught up to plan. It's horrible, a coworker and l lost $14,000 to $16,000 a year. They say just work harder, we only work 55 + hours a week. One Dsl told me "You made to much money" Frito can't find help to fill vacations weeks now. They need to go back and pay their people fair!!
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Poor "pay performance " has killed the morale in Louisville zone
Pretty Sure this is a scam
Sales Route Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 10, 2016
This route sales job for Lafayette, they keep interviewing people, requesting they do a "ride along" which means they have you put in a full days work, then never contact you back. Do not interview for this job, and if you do do not do the ride along unless you like working a full day without pay. Any company that does this surely has only their best interest in mind. They will talk to you like the job is yours, "when you start you'll see this" etc. so you feel secured like the job is yours, then work the free day, then quit answering calls and texts. Then they move on to the next sucker. Reporting them to the BBB.
Pros
Fill your head with lies
Cons
They talk to you like the job is yours, have you work a day for free, then never contact again. Then they do it to someone else, free labor for them
current rsr looking for another job
rsr (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2016
work here now for about 3 years i start floating around as an extra then finally got a route, i though that it was going to get better work /life balance And more money (i was told) well is the same garbage always trying to push sales, now you have to hit a number in other to get payout super high numbers to achieve, basically working extremely hard trough the period (4 weeks ) so when you bonus come back wont be a 250 dls check that is what you will get if you dont hit 95% and if you dont work 50 hrs a week that is the reality if you want to be super stress and deal with a bunch of disrespectful receivers welcome to frito lay the only way to make money is if you are one of the favorites on top management that way you plan is not going to be high
Pros
pay if you meet the high plans
Cons
way to many to post and possibility of a 250 dls check
Very stable company to work for
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 11, 2016
Most schedules are for 5 day work weeks. A typical day at work consists of an 8 hour shift with 1/2 hour unpaid lunch. Overtime may be required based on business needs, in which case one may be required to either stay over for 4 hours, or come in 4 hours prior to the shift. Weekend overtime also occurs. Management is fair. Co-workers are given reasonable expectations, though from a supervisor standpoint it's hard to set a standard when anything can happen. The job does require lifting and the random overtime due to call offs can be an issue, but it's fairly stable and compensates the employees well. A generally good attitude among the workers there.
Pros
Many benefits come with working
Cons
Though inside, exposed to the temperature of the elements
productive a great pace to work. lots of company fuctions.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 23, 2016
fast pace job. Great benefits and work life balance. Lead team always willing to help. Great environment in which to work.
Frito-lay life
ROUTE SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 17, 2016
It's a job...there is no culture behind the company. Basely get up different times of the morning ranging from 12am to 6am to start your day. Which could lead to bulk truck with air condition and have few stops and drop to prepack 10 to 12 stops smaller box truck no air in truck where you delivery and merchandise. Then, you have small account which is similar to prepack but you go into the store in see what they need and package all the box inside the truck, then head back into the store to merchandise it. Everything has to be done under 14hours and route can spread out or together. At the same time your upselling for space and displays in either market.
Pros
Self manage
Cons
No air conditioner in trucks, no time for lunch
Sanitation
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, NYJuly 5, 2016
A typical work day was going to the packaging area and cleaning the chip production area that was down for that day.
What I learned was that no matter how good of a job you did, you were always under scrutiny of the supervisors of the area.
Management was at par at best, they only cared about you making sure everything was spotless and nothing else.
My co-workers were the only good thing that came out of the time frame I worked there. They were the nicest people you could work with that knows exactly how things worked.
The hardest job was to keep your composer after multiple people from the same area degraded you, and the most enjoyable was leaving time unfortunately.
No management, Bad hours and everyone throwing everyone under the bus.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, IL and Summit Argo, ILMarch 29, 2016
I would not recommend anyone accepting a position at this company. Management will tell you one thing and do another and people will throw you under the bus to benefit themselves. Their one saving grace is how much they pay. All I ever heard was "22 billion dollar company" , wish they would have spent some of that on the trucks.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, management and equipment
Good place to work for the single person with high energy
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 30, 2016
A typical day at work if you are relief is getting the information the night before possibly late on where you are to go or what you are supposed to do, or could just be at the Dc at this time with no real idea of what you will be doing. I learned a lot about the company and how we all get chips to our house. The management is good for the most part. The people you work with are usually very good people. The hardest part of the job is that you don't know what you will be doing or where. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay.
Pros
Great pay and Benefits
Cons
Long Hours 10+ up to however long, No real idea of what you will be doing.

Want to know more about Frito-Lay?

Ask a question
No life, terrible management.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 7, 2016
If you could survive this place for 10 years you would probably have it made. The hours are horrid. The only thing management cares about is numbers. You get your rate and they expect more. They act like they don't have a clue most days. People that have put in several years have all the gravy jobs even though they are suppose to be getting the same pay as you and have the same title. If you don't volunteer to work overtime you will be forced to do it. I would say yes to any job in this factory except Material Handler. BUT PLEASE! Stay away from this job.
Pros
Free chips
Cons
Management knows less about the job than you do after your first week there.
Good living
Route Sales Representative /Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 21, 2016
Overall good place to work people money weekends off..benefits
Close by advancement and relocation .Earning potential is what you put in..work on own
Cons
People are nice but you'll need to sell your soul to frito
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 15, 2016
Average day starts between 2:30 and 4:00 am, and usually ends around the same time in the afternoon. You are expected to make all deliveries during specific receiving Windows. The receivers will treat you like garbage. Management rarely backs you up. You do the job of three people ( deliver, merch , and order ). There are merchandisers but they skip out of work at 8 hours and leave you hanging. No accountability for the relief guys when they run your route ( they essentially control your paycheck ). Job is perfect for young single people. If you have a family be prepared to hardly ever see them and when you do you will be to tired to even do anything with them. Cheers!!
Pros
Nice coworkers, benefits
Cons
Long hours, not enough help
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 30, 2016
Could have better benefits. Management needs to hold employees responsible for their actions. Should give us a paid lunch. Employees should get comp time for missed breaks.
Run as fast as You can the other way!!!!
RSR (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 14, 2016
Worst company I ever worked for. Backstabbing management, Receivers yell at you. No support from SDLS!!! Long hours, criticized for your work!!! No Positive reinforcement. Gossipy co workers. Placing bets on who will quit!!! Male Chauvinist company....
They hire young college grads that don't have a clue about retail or physical labor. The VROT overtime pay sucks. The more you work the less you earn per hour. Seems like it should be illegal.
Pros
The comedy of watching SDLS run a route!!! Took 3 or more to do the job of 1 rsr!!!!!
Cons
no work, life balance, no air in trucks, lying, gossiping, receivers, and DSL, SDL, BSLS, whatever they call them.....Glad to be away from this company...
The "F" in Frito isn't for "Family"
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 13, 2016
Typical work day: Start times range from 3am-7am, Weekly hours range from 40-70 hours. Incompetent management, and coworkers are tolerable when not moody or spreading rumors. I learned that Frito cares more about making money for the company and less about the employees or their families. The hardest part of the job is knowing that I work for a company that could not care less about my own well-being, and the most enjoyable part of the job is going home.
Pros
Hating your job so much that sometimes you forget how much your hate your spouse.
Cons
Too much time to dwell on my life decisions.
Faced paced environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 30, 2016
A typical day at work is a fast paced environment where I am given 10-16 truck routes with one or two batches of cases to pick per route. I am learning something new on an everyday bases, whether its how to properly load a truck, or how to manage the distribution of the routes. My coworkers and I work together to load the trucks and clear the dock. The hardest part of my job is paying attention to details. Being that I work in a faced paced environment, details are very important. What I enjoy most is the friendly competitiveness we show while working together to complete our daily tasks.
Lots of pluses to working for Frito-Lay
routesales (Former Employee) –  Nortbrook IlinoisFebruary 8, 2016
typical day was a 10 to 12 hour day. Serving my route and customers interacting with managers on a daily basis.Learned to work together with my co workers and bosses. Hardest part of my job was pulling my handcart thru the snow into the store..Most enjoyable part of my day was seeing all the people on my route then going back to work and talking to all my co-workers. The overall feeling that i had a good day and made money.
Pros
great company to work for.
Cons
sometime really long hours
An environment where a person could excel and determine their own paycheck. The harder you worked the more you made.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHMay 20, 2016
I worked for this company for 7 years beginning as a humble merchandiser and making my way up to a route driver. The job was competitive and inspired a great deal of work ethic. I was in charge of my paycheck because it was a base pay plus salary position. I enjoyed the many sales contests made available to us and the competitive nature of the job. Every job has it's ups and downs. The ups were definitely being able to surpass quota and manager's expectations and the downs would be if a customer was disappointed in any way with the service provided. Of course our team would always make it right with whatever grievance the customer had. With the job it was nice to not have a normal 9 to 5 schedule. You started when you needed to and were done when you finished up your last account.
Pros
flexible schedule and potential for a decent wage
Cons
difficult customers
poor management and unethical practices
Route Sales and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 15, 2016
management has you do things that you should not do to make sale plan. its all about the number, no life just work. if you call in sick they give you a hard time..tell you the route must be ran, no concerned about rsr just the company and open door policy is a joke....do not call speak up line ..should be called termination line
Pros
money
Cons
working at frito lay..upper management and weather