Frito-Lay
1,035 reviews

Frito-Lay United States Employee Reviews

Good place to work, very physical and high demand. The pay and benifits are outstanding
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 10, 2015
Co-workers are a good team. great pay. Hours can be long and demanding. top of the industry product so is easy to sale to customers.
poorly manged shop
Garage Utility (Former Employee), Dayville, CTApril 9, 2015
Pros: ??
Cons: Back stabbing amongst peers
The garage at Frito in Dayville is easily the worst managed garage I've seen. And I grew up in garages. But what does one expect from a corporation? Certainly they do not know how to run a garage.
Love this company
Detailer (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAApril 9, 2015
Like every job, it has its ups and downs. However, the ups HIGHLY outweigh the downs here. My coworkers were amazing and the work was something that I enjoyed doing. No crazy heavy lifting which is always nice. The employees who trained me were very patient and a pleasure from the beginning. The hours are probably the worst part of the job, considering I worked very early mornings but that is to be expected when product needs to be out before stores get busy. Pay was acceptable, management was never harsh, and I left the company on a very good note. So good, in fact, if need be I would definitely rejoin Frito in the future. This is the only job I have had where I felt appreciated, and that is HUGE to me.
Productive work environment
BoxDrop (Former Employee), Perry, GAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Unlimited supply of Frito Lay products
Cons: Very short breaks
A typical day starts with a team meeting. My duties were to drop kd's down to the casers in a timely, safe, and effective manner. I learned a lot at Frito Lay as far as productivity.The management was not at all helpful. My co-workers were very helpful, especially when productivity was delayed. The hardest part of the job was running 25 machines alone for 8 to 12 hours.The most enjoyable part of the job was getting an unlimited supply of Frito Lay products.
Great when i worked there
Route Sales (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 8, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: of the wall hours
the company was great when i worked there but ive heard there has been alot of changes. Im sure my opinon is no longer relevant
Fast Pace Sales Environment
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Traveling to many different places
Cons: tight deadlines, work/life balance can be difficult at times.
Great organization with many opportunities for success. Depending on the job situation, much travel is involved. Many diverse managers work for this company. The rewards and Recognition are very abundant when successful results are achieved.
Excellent Company
Warehouse II Rotator/ Forklift Driver (Current Employee), DeSoto, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Reputable Company
Cons: Very little room to move within leadership within Warehouse area
Excellent Company to work for and great management. I enjoy working for Frito Lay, but there is no room for growth in leadership.
Diverse culture with great benefits
Packer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 6, 2015
Pros: Company offers 401k for full and part time employees
Cons: The jobs requires dedication especially when short-staffed
Frito Lay is a very busy place to work. Working here requires being a team member, being aware of your surroundings, and being your brother's keeper.
Great Company
Processing Technician (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAApril 4, 2015
I loved working of Frito Lay because they paid well, treated their employees well, and provided excellent training. The hours were good and all of my co-workers were very easy to get along with.
Many good years
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee), Scarborough, MEApril 3, 2015
I was able to advance in the company through my 16 years of service. Worked a favorable schedule for many years. Learned good customer service and how to manage employees.
Nice company, very physical work, long hours
Route Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 2, 2015
Cons: Always on the go, very long days, early mornings.
You have to start the day off very early around 3 am. It is very demanding on your body and under a lot of time constraint to meet door times. The management helps as much as they can but always there to answer your phone calls. The co-workers help each other out as much as possible. The job is very hard. So many moving part and dealing with the warehouse mistakes and the ever changing dates and plans make it a nonstop type of job. I didn't enjoy the job at all just my co-workers be cause the understand the struggle day to day.
truck unloader
truck loader (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 1, 2015
This job was good but the hours were extremely long and there was no time off. The pay was good but the hours were to much. The management was good and there were a lot of opportunities but this job just wasn't for me.
Good place to work.
Detailer (Former Employee), TNMarch 31, 2015
Pretty flexible until they decide to change your route with a pretty short notice. Other than that, they pay is good and the people are nice.
Great part time work
Warehouser (Former Employee), Salem, ORMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Good people, great pay
Cons: Erractic work schedule
Great place to work, very flexible, good pay, little room for advancement though. They do try hard to be flexible with the schedule, but the hours are rarely the same week to week.
use to have a pension plan have really cut back!
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Frankfort, INMarch 30, 2015
no pay raise in 5 years use to be a great place to work! lots of turnover They are always hiring for a reason...Management in 20 years i have had 35 managers some. co workers 95 percent good
cost,quality,service, and people...that's all that matters.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: wages
Cons: upper management disconnected with employees.
I worked for frito-lay for 20 years,worked extremely hard for the company, would of liked to see more recognition for going above and beyond what's required .
Playing keep up
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Insurance and benifits
Cons: short hours
If you have this job if a sales person trys to keep too much product it falls on the person whom last worked the store so the merch takes the blame
fun work place
MERCHENDISER (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 27, 2015
I learn that it takes a lot just to stock chips on the shelf it takes hard work you do have your freedom to do your work without someone standing over it a good company overall
Fun and friendly work environment
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), Aston, PAMarch 25, 2015
Fun work environment with friendly people. Management is easy to talk to and training is there when you need it. Time management is essential to everything here.
If I could, it'd be zero stars!!!
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2015
My training started off good, it was near my house, then they found out I had a new 2014 car with low miles, then they all of a sudden needed me out in ROSENBURG! I did it for a few weeks without complaining, but I had a horrible DSL. I don't know how she got in the position she is in seems like she doesn't care about her co workers. They didn't give me a company phone but thought it was okay to hand out my personal number to every other co worker. I had so many different numbers calling me. And since they never asked, I never answered. That should be against the company policies to hand out private information. Oh and heres the best part of the review. I took a day off because I needed to go to Meps (Military entrance processing station). I joined the navy, the very next day they fired me. FOR JOINING THE MILITARY! The southwest houston location is the worst. They are ungrateful! Then when they fired me they had the nerve to say " So we're good?" Really? So unprofessional. Never got paid my miles, or my shoes that I paid for out of pocket. Horrible company

About Frito-Lay

Frito-Lay is the undisputed chip champ of North America. The company makes some of the best-known and top-selling savory snacks – Read more

Frito-Lay Salaries