Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Found 2,254 reviews matching the search
frito
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 5, 2017
same as Rotech not really up on all of this review stuff. this makes it difficult to get done what I need to get done. I don't understand why this is now required.
Stressful. sales numbers are increasingly harder to reach and store management can make your life miserable.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 4, 2017
Good paying job for those without a 4 year degree. Sales goals are hard and company forces out too many products. Underpaid store managers can be difficult to work with.
Pros
out and about all day. see different people
Cons
long days in all weather conditions
Excellent job. Great for peeople that work independant very effectively. Safety is always top priority. I like early hours.
Route salesman (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 3, 2017
Frito Lay was the best work Ive ever had. I made alot of friends between the stores, co workers and warehouse employees. I loved creating heme displays. I resigned because my son was having alot of problems. I would like to finish my career with Frito Lay.
Pros
Independant
Cons
long ad change days
not a good company to work. Doesn't take care of their people.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAAugust 3, 2017
It used to be a good company 10 years ago. Not anymore. They don't pay you right on overtime. They over work their employee. You gonna work between 10 to 14 hours a day. The employee doesn't have a life. If you don't work on holiday. They pay you only 50$. No matter how long you been in the company.
Pros
They give a high starting pay.
Cons
Pay doesn't compensate the work that you gonna do. To much work. Very stressful job.
A high profile company, take advantage of all benefits and programs, self directed career path.
Sales Accounting Reconciliation Team (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 2, 2017
Able to create a family atmosphere and created friendship beyond the job throughout my career.Atmosphere can be enjoyable due to industry related promos, contests, celebrations and diversity groups.

In contrast, experienced indifference, preferential treatment and lack of genuine people skills by management. Learned not to expect nor depend on management to provide valuable experiences or support to advance.
Pros
Free food, tastings, contests, flex time, flex location
Cons
antiquated systems, nonsupportive improvement suggestions
Good Company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 2, 2017
I started out as a Merchandiser....Start time: at your first store at 4 AM.....I serviced between 2- 4 stores per day. I loved the job; unil they changed....took the RSR'S and literally told them no more commisions....they could retire; take a buy out based on their seniority or go down and be a merchandiser...which is ironic since merchandisers were then put in a situation to become a Customer Service Specialist. ..in other words; you shall order the product...put it on the shelf....do credits...ALL OF IT! NO commisions ....hmmm...and yes all they hire our Children out of college who are your managers and donot know anything about retail! Can we say Cluster? I resigned.....I Loved My fellow employees; rather Men and Women who worked relentlessly and made Frito Lay what they are.....Good Luck
Pros
Dont get me started
Cons
Dont get me started
Solid place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE & SALES (Current Employee) –  Grimes, IAAugust 2, 2017
Good place to work, but it is hard work. Must be an early riser and a self-starter. Management can be demanding, but are usually pretty thankful. Frito has a unique way of doing things.
Benefits
Cons
Pay could be better as well as hours.
Alot of work
RSR Driver (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 31, 2017
good money hard work and at time can be stressful split off days not the greatest excellent benefits no room for growth and the routes change about every 2 years
Pros
money
Cons
off time
Long Hours Great Pay
Sales District Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 31, 2017
Long hours but great pay checks. No work life balance. Good Management. Alot of work with little resources. Good benifits but unless you have a college degree you will not be promoted
Pros
Pay Benifits
Cons
Long Hours/ work life balance
Runaway fast
Remote Driver- Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 31, 2017
Frito Lay is slowly becoming every other company, transforming what made them a leader, into profits. The employee is not valued anymore and advancement is hard and management doesn't care.
Pros
Paid Weekly, A plethora of other benefits other than money.
Cons
Hard work, long hours, promotes divorce, and constant pay cuts
Challenging job with a lot of hours....
Route Sales Representative - Large Format (Former Employee) –  MSPJuly 31, 2017
If you like getting up and starting work as early as midnight to as late as 6 am, this would be an excellent job for you. Work is hard and expect to work a MINIMUM of 55 hours a week (sometimes as much as 70). Many people wash out because they can't handle the workload and/or hours. Job/life balance is horrible.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of support, hours, start time, work conditions
productive with a very fast pace
Packaging Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJuly 30, 2017
started in shipping and receiving then went to crewing coordinator and finally machine operator. i enjoyed working with new people instructing them where to go and what to do.
Pros
people
Cons
plant closed in 2014
Too much work, not enough /People/Equipment/Space in facility
Order Filler/Picker (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJuly 30, 2017
Facility borders State protected Wet Lands, so they can never expand their Londonderry Distribution Facility.
Great Benefits, Good People, and Great Pay.
You work through most weekends & Holidays.
If you love to work long hours and make a lot of money, this is a great job.
If you want a personal life, forget about it.
Pros
Good Benefits and Pay. Room for advancement. Good People.
Cons
Long hours, Standing, Bending, Pushing, Pulling & Reaching.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 30, 2017
A calm environment with space to always grow. Great team effort and very pro-active at all times. New interactions and approaches towards new products making me social and helps me build my costumer service skills with training always offered by the company.
Pros
Great starting salary
Cons
Hours & off days
Enjoy employes very friendly
Warehouse Distribution (Former Employee) –  Buckeye, AZJuly 29, 2017
I recommend not to work here unless its through the company i went through an temp agency an I only worked for about a week an the assignment ended in the reason of running out of work
Pros
Free funsize chips
Cons
Short breaks
not a great company
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNJuly 28, 2017
They are not family based, rules only apply to those not favored, management is dishonest, you will have no life if you work here. If you do not care about always working and being treated unfairly this is the place for you.
Seasoning Operator (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIJuly 28, 2017
Great management, my day goes by very smooth due to the awesome work flow. They also made sure I was well trained before I was qualified. They hardest part is time management and making sure everything is done in the correct time frame. But with great team work everything is possible !
Pros
Discounted chip sales & great staff
Good company
Route Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJuly 27, 2017
Enjoyed my time with company. Very busy around holidays and major events. Great hours. Allowed for plenty of family time. Great pay. Leader in industry
good
Junior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJuly 27, 2017
provides opportunities to learn from a well established company, allows staff to invest in the company and provide feedback on the products that staff help to package and ship to stores. provides opportunities to grow with the company
Pros
Cons
opportunities for growth
productive and fast pace
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Oak Forest, ILJuly 27, 2017
Picked and loaded orders on to pallets. Take the pallets load them onto trucks to go out for delivery. That got repeated for the rest of the day and also had to clean up different stations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.