Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Found 1,628 reviews matching the search
Do not apply this dc is about to shut down in a year!!!! I work there now. Management is horrible!!!
Picker/order selector (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAMay 15, 2016
This place is shutting down and all workers are going to loose their jobs. They're going ges and moving to modesto but you won't get first pick on the jobs. They wont tell you theyre shutting down!! Ask them about it. You dont get days off you request. You're never off on time. Over work you. Worklife balance is horrible! They dont care about you or your family! Trust me! --->Apply at your own risk!!!!!!<---- My co-workers here are miserable!
Pros
Pay.
Cons
Pepsi drinks etc in the break room are double the price, Horrible management. NEVER have the right tool for the job.
People are nice but you'll need to sell your soul to frito
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 15, 2016
Average day starts between 2:30 and 4:00 am, and usually ends around the same time in the afternoon. You are expected to make all deliveries during specific receiving Windows. The receivers will treat you like garbage. Management rarely backs you up. You do the job of three people ( deliver, merch , and order ). There are merchandisers but they skip out of work at 8 hours and leave you hanging. No accountability for the relief guys when they run your route ( they essentially control your paycheck ). Job is perfect for young single people. If you have a family be prepared to hardly ever see them and when you do you will be to tired to even do anything with them. Cheers!!
Pros
Nice coworkers, benefits
Cons
Long hours, not enough help
not a great place
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 12, 2016
typical day at work is just getting up and working the loads that arrive.what I learned is how to merchandise product management is terrible. there are hard working co-workers and lazy ones. hardest part of the job is having no communication at all. most enjoyable part is I can get up early and get off early
friendly workplace
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAMay 20, 2016
long early morning hours without weekends or holidays off..per week you will be required to work 50 to 60hrs.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good.
Pros
opportunity
Cons
early morning hours
good job if you need a job
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAJuly 30, 2016
The job requires long hours which are not appreciated by management. Stores/ Accounts treat the sales person like a dogs and you don't get backed by Frito-Lay.
Company is managed poorly and the company do not consider what goes on with routes and force out product which is not needed.
Self starter type of enviornment
Route Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 9, 2016
At Frito Lay you need to have a self starter attitude. Atypical day starts anywhere between 3am-7am. You learn basically run your own business. The hardest part of the job would be learning the hand held technology and being ready learn several different routes sometimes in the same week. The best part of it is you are on your own a lost making your own decisions regarding your route.
Competitive selling and independent work environment
SALES REP LEADER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 27, 2016
Frito Lay allows you to succeed within the company, with opportunities to grow your business and increase income within the companies routing system also with potential to grow your territory and commissions.

Marty Ball
Pros
Leadership training and advanced education incentives.
Cons
District leaders providing help.
Fritois a very nice company to work for
Route Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 17, 2016
The management is awesome, I enjoy the other route guys. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with your clients. The hardest part of the job is... every week is a 60+ hour work week. A Typical day consists of me getting up at 4 in the morning, running a route, and getting home sometime between 6&8 pm.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
not enough free time to use them
Fast pace, easy going, great people
Detailer/ Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOApril 27, 2016
I enjoy working for Frito Lay. The job is easy but fast pace. Pay is great. The down side is having to work holidays ( all holidays but Christmas), work weekends, and no full time positions in my area are offered to Detailers. Management is great in my district. Very friendly and treats you like family.
The biggest con is the limited hours in the "off" season. I consider that to be after the Super Bowl until about May, then it picks up and we are busy!
Pros
Paid mileage
Cons
Weekends are required, holidays, limited part time hours
Love working for Frito-Lay, great pay and benefits!
Packer/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIAugust 22, 2016
Very fast pace, which helped the hours go by fast. Learned the importance of team work, and hard work really pays off. Meant great people that became great friends. Found management to be helpful and understanding.
Pros
Some of the best potlucks!
Cons
A lot of over time
Best snack food company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 20, 2016
Frito-Lay was a great place to work for 32+ years!

Being able to build a reputation and image that is desirable for promotions.

Learning the different styles of Management and being able to acclimate to those different styles.

Co-workers always fun, always changing and it takes great skill to deal with different personalities.

My most enjoyable part of the Company was being able to work in the Field at two MFG plants. The Field is much different from HQ, but they both have their fine points.

Second to most enjoyable was Event Planning and implementing every piece of each event. Very rewarding to have a successful event. I never had a bad event!
Pros
AVAILABLE PROMOTIONS
Cons
NONE REALLY
challenging and a great work environment
Route Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2016
Work is fulfilling and gives a challenge to the employee, its a business at an individual level. Building relationships with customers and clients to build sales performance to higher levels while meeting sales goals is the thrive of the company. The hardest part of the job is keeping the effort for maintaining and achieving sales, and the only way to keep it is to have good customer service and provide quality work. Overall, the environment is a great one, and is positive.
Pros
work environment, diversity, job security
Cons
pay scale, newer employees
Great and fun place to work
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2016
It was a great place to work and I miss it, great money and benefits and great people. Overall one of my favorite jobs I've ever had. As long as you did your job and was a respectable person nobody messes with you. Very independent work
Pros
Money, benefits
Cons
Very long hours
liked talking to all my customers
Sales (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSAugust 30, 2016
i had a route that had a lot of driving to small towns. I work for them for ten years. over the ten years, our district went through ten different managers. A supervisor from coke talked to me so i decided to change jobs.
Pros
good benifits and health plan
Cons
changed managment to much
Frito Lay
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 14, 2016
When I started with Frito almost 20 years ago it was a good place to work. You busted your butt and the pay was good. In my last couple of years it all went down hill. Frito followed the typical more work less pay model of corporate America and its not a place I would recommend working for anyone who has choices.
Very productive
Part-Time Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2016
The management is very involved and on top of their priorities. The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain a balance between job, school, and social life. The other workers there were very friendly and patient while I was learning the routine.
Pros
breaks
Cons
communication
Very good opertunity and fun to work there
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJuly 26, 2016
I had alot of fun working for Frito Lay the people are great and easy to work with.there is no arguing everyone gets along and they train you and it's all about teamwork everyone gets along so in that case I'll give them a five star
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Good pay without advancement no time for family.
worker (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 11, 2016
Like to hire their leadership straight out of college, not much promoting from within. High turn over rates. Work everyday, only time off is when building is closed completely. Been here over two years only twice have a had a two day weekend without using vacation. Rule by fear not example. Point system very strict and the people are always fighting over pay. You're pay depends on what job you have that day.
Pros
Pay healthcare retiement
Cons
no time off, leadership, promotions
great job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSMay 26, 2016
• Travel from store to store to stock and display products via personal vehicle.
• Stock and rearrange products according to company's standard.
• Communicate with store personnel to ensure products is distributed properly.
• Collaborate with Sales Representative to ensure products are being sold and displayed properly.
Excellent company
Route Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 28, 2016
Fantastic company to work for, great benefits, family oriented. Freedom to generate profit, as much as you put into it. Management and all personnel from the hiring phase to ending my time there were very helpful in the workplace. Also showed a genuine interest in your activities outside of work.
Pros
Freedom to use your creativity
Cons
I can't think of any.