Frito-Lay

Frito-Lay Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Packer/Picker (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: receiving nice rewards for keeping a safe working invironment
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
Productive and fun workplace with golf team, always participating in marathons and donating to different charities, the people was outstanding always laughing and working together as a team, having many pot lunches and also raising money for the employees who are sick
fast pace, and very demanding
packer (Former Employee), vancouver waFebruary 27, 2014
Cons: chaotic schedule, worked 6 days a week, and could be forced to work 12 hr days.
most days are spent standing and packing bags into boxes. the rest of the time is spent cleaning the machines.
Fast-pace culture
District Sales Leader-Bulk District (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: potential advancement
Cons: demanding, high hours
The Consumer Packaging and Goods industry is a very fast pace demanding industry which focuses on customer rapport and providing customers with Customer Centric Solutions.
Forced overtime all the time
Tow Motor Operator (Former Employee), Wooster, OHFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: no home time kiss your family good bye
Forced in early wait till last minute to tell you ur worken your weekends lie to you in the interview tell you 40-50 hours and in reality all summer is 7 days a week 12 hour days they act like they own you it's a legal form of slavery
Warehouse job
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great hourly pay for part time
Cons: 2nd shift, long nights with no set time off
Good co-workers, management is always looking to help you out with anything you need, flexible scheduling for the most part.
Fun and rewarding job.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: fun co workers and great management to learn from.
Cons: work day starts very early. typically starting around 400-430.
A typical day at Frito Lay includes going to grocery/supercenters to build displays, take down displays, work back stock and trucks all within standards which you are trained on.
No room for advancement
Route Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 26, 2014
Great company to work for if you don't have small kids. No room for advancement. Extremely long hours with no compensation.
Stable company
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 26, 2014
Typical day starts about 6:30am or 7am. I average about 11 stops a day. The hardest part of the job is the long hours. usually 12-14 hours a day.
like working for them but, micro management is ruining it.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), La Mirada, CAFebruary 23, 2014
Feel that when single, the hours work has little impact in the family. But totally diffrent for married people: very hard to jugle the working hours to do the work load.
Productive and fun workplace
Detailer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 20, 2014
Working with out side vendors were great
You work on your own at your own pace which is nice
The store managers are nice
Fun
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Current Employee), Morehead City, NCFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: easy lifting, well known products that sell themselves.
Cons: currently only part-time work available
One of the most enjoyable jobs I have ever had. At this time they are only in need of part-time hours from me. I would love for this job to eventually transition to something more permanant.
Fast paced and rewarding place to work
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee), Peoria ILFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: i love to work early morning hours it give me time during the day for my kids.
Cons: co workers that start rumors about others, the lack of advancment
My typical day starts at 2:00 am. I am a sale merchandiser/delivery person. I unload trucks, use a hand held computer to receive product in to accounts with. I work with merchandise to fill the shelves.
I have learned to work independently and push my self to comply with company policy and planograms.
Fun place to work , formed lasting friendships
Belt Picker/Warehouse (Former Employee), Beloit, WIFebruary 12, 2014
good money, hard work, long hours, overtime often. Learned to work as a team and take responsibility for own actions.
A great company
Detailer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits is you're a full time employee
Cons: part-time job
Place products in their patterns
Check the appearance of shelves and racks
I'm learned to be more organized
I have good coworkers most times I work alone
My Supervisor is very friendly
I'm enjoy doing my job all days
The most enjoyable part of my job is meet people.
Good company but long commute.
Route Sales (Current Employee), Greenville, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Good compan but I am looking for closer commute. There is not much more to say. The pay and benefits were good.
Don't do it!!!
Detailer (Former Employee), Martins Ferry, OHFebruary 10, 2014
It's not worth the trouble, you'll get a lot of empty promises and it's not worth the wear and tear on your vehicle.
very high paced
Cutting Machine Operator (Former Employee), Pulaski, tnFebruary 9, 2014
I have work there for 17+ years, I now have a BS in management and I would like to better myself and Frito-Lay won't advance me. So I'm looking outside of the company.
great company to work for.
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee), Oak Forest, ILFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: lots of rewards and excellent recognition on your hard work and dedication
Cons: its a union job
Frito Lay is very good at rewarding hard workers and growing in the company and moving up is highly possible. I was able to move up and become a Lead/Supervisor in just 5 years being employed with them. A typical day at work can vary because we can have system issues one day, or a power outage that can keep us there for hours. It all depends on how – more... busy we are and how many cases we are shipping. Frito Lay is a distribution company so it depends on how sales is doing out in the market. Having call offs can be a big pain in a but as well. Overall the job has its ups and downs daily but we have good coworkers that can help us get through the day and overcome any adversity. – less
Poor management makes this job HORRIBLE
Material handler, Warehouse/Shipping coordinator (Former Employee), York, PAFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: very good pay
Cons: no work/life balance, ignorant management, no "common sense" decisions
Physically strenuous job in a non-airconditioned warehouse with mandatory 12 hour days. forced overtime is done at the last minute and often times your weekend plans are ruined on friday! forget being home on holidays and weekends with your family! everyone here is out for themselves and has no idea of what teamwork really is. Management is extremely – more... poor and is unwilling or unable to make beneficial changes for the employees as they are more concerned about their own agenda! – less
Loved this Job!!
Order Selector (Former Employee), New Paltz, NYFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good pay, excellent work enviromet, exceptional management
Loved this Job!!!. Physical work but great people to work with and good pay for the work. Had to leave due to a family illness. Would love to work here again!

About Frito-Lay

Frito-Lay is the undisputed chip champ of North America. The company makes some of the best-known and top-selling savory snacks – Read more