Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Found 1,899 reviews matching the search
You will NEVER feel accomplished;poor culture; no expectation for work life balance
District Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Don't be fooled, ask the questions upfront. 7/day week job for managers, always on call. Accountable for ALL facets of business in geography including people mgt, fleet mgt, customer contracts, hiring ALL staff, resets, equipment builds etc..... (responsible amount commensurate with director level accountabilities). Recent college grads beware!!! 95% 1st level managers feel same way...Finance company that happens to sell chips and people will always be a commodity.
Pros
eat stale chips for free (maybe)
Cons
No leadership in place that has worked front line within 15-20 years, Lack of perspective on the changing marketplace and tools needed for success
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 20, 2017
This is a great place to work. You start off as a route relief driver then when a route opens you usually get that route. Only problem is it is usually the worst route.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Pay
Repetitive
Packer (Former Employee) –  Dayville, CTFebruary 20, 2017
A very repetative job. Gets boring, but most of the people I encountered while working there were very nice and made the day go by quickly.
I LOVE working for this company
Full Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIFebruary 20, 2017
I have always worked in retail and customer service related jobs and wanted a job that had limited interaction with customers. This is the perfect job if you like to work alone and independently. Able to listen to music while you work and the only customers you have are the stores you are putting product out in. You work early mornings starting at 4-5am usually but you're done at noon-1. There are times you may work a bit later when its extremely busy like Super Bowl or new years which is a given, everyone buys chips lol but the occasional OT is AWESOME! There are many times OT is offered and if you're like me and like to make some extra money once in awhile. Also, to be on call on your day off when its needed (and they may ask you) they pay $100 for the day wether or not you actually get called in. So if you do, you get that plus the OT hrs worked, if you don't get called in, you still make $100, not bad right? Management is younger and mostly down to earth and easy to get along with. The only reason I rated management 3 stars is because there are some that may be a bit unprofessional at times. The hardest part of the day is if you have a larger order than normal in busy seasons resulting in longer days and working after slackers can be a bit frustrating but nothing that makes me hate my job. I love that I move around all day not stuck in one spot, I drive between 2-3 stores a day and theres mileage reimbursement as well which is nice. Bottom line, if you're a hard worker and like your work to speak for itself, you won't have a problem with this company or management. (I seen  more... comments complaining about how management was awful and micromanaged -they only do that if you give them a reason.) Do a good job and you're golden! I have pride in my work and they definitely recognize the good sheep from the bad. Pay is awesome. $16-17/hr in Cranston, RI to start in this position. Surrounding areas may differ. Awesome benefits as well!  less
Pros
Great Pay, Great benefits, Work independently
Hard Work, but satisfying
District Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 20, 2017
Great company, hard work, and the team will make or break your review as well as your bonus. Easy to make your own way and if you want to move up be aggressive.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Holiday pushes
Hard work but...enjoy dealing with the public and having industry leading products to sell?
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCFebruary 18, 2017
. Very active all day long completing tasks. Many people have the idea that because it is snack food, it can't be that difficult of a job but it will require much of you. Management is consumed in driving sales. Workplace culture is what you make of it.
Hardest part of job is trying to do all that is expected of you in the hours you work. Enjoyable part of the job is working with the public and having a line of products that are internationally recognized.
Pros
Good money, benefits and product line.
Cons
A lot of hours, work every holiday you are scheduled to work and stores are open for business.
Good job in an increasingly growing company.
ROUTE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAFebruary 18, 2017
This is a good job that will test you in endurance and decision making. Expect to work 50 - 60 hours a week and have a sense of urgency. Must have the ability and acceptance for constant change within the company. The possibility for movement within the company management program is possible but most of the time one must have a bachelors degree or better to do so.
Pros
Customers, co-workers
Cons
Heavy work load, work / life balance
Long Hours but good pay
GES Technician (Current Employee) –  Kathleen, GA 31047February 17, 2017
Normally work long hours at times. Shifts vary. You never get a complete weekend off and normally don't get off at a scheduled time. Typically you work later than scheduled and forced to hold over. All task are pushed to be completed before leaving for the night.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No outside life (family Time), No weekends off.
Fast pace
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 16, 2017
Fast paced..day goes by. Pushed to work at 100% at all times. Shifts vary. Normally don't get off at scheduled time. Typically later then scheduled when busy. All task must be complete before leaving for the night.
Good job for independent workers
Route Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILFebruary 16, 2017
Running vacations is nice because you get to see all routes and different ways of running them. You will run vacations until a route is open the downfall to this is you are always in a new place and your days off always change, Travel can be about an hour drive to you first store and maybe even farther on occasion.
Job Performance
production & warehouse mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 15, 2017
The jobs at Frito Lay were demanding, but with that comes the self pride and responsibility of being able to do your job with confidence. They ask a lot out of you and they also compensate you for all your time and effort. The pay was competitive with all other high end companies in the area. The benefits were some of the best in the industry, from vacations and personal time off necessities to all forms of training related to your line of work. There was always something to do since it was a 24-7 company, and you know your position and what to do when the time comes. There was always communication with managers and operations when anything went down, formulate a gameplan and make repairs to get it up and running again. Continuious improvement was always in the works and I was happy to be part of it. Night shift was the only hard part of the job, I understood my roll and would have to wait my turn receive a day position. I did like my nearly all of my coworkers around me, and they were some of the smartest people I've ever met. I have a lot of memories and experiences that will last a lifetime for me. Thank you for the opportunity Frito-Lay.
Pros
Steady work and pay raises.
Cons
Night shift.
Good pay long hours
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 15, 2017
The work itself is very good .lot of customer interaction an decision making on your own .hours can be long an the pressure to run numbers over all can get frustrating .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days
I love working for Frito lay
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 15, 2017
Love what I do but only getting 10 hours a week and although they have other openings that won't interfere with my detailing position I can't do both due to company policy ,but they are very professional and easy to get ahold of with any questions or concerns
Pros
Hopefully chance for advancement
Cons
None I love my job
Well paying job
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Frito will become your life, say goodbye to your family. If you decide to work hard, you will add an hour or 2 of spending with your family, however you will be so tired you will most rather sleep. Good money, tough to balance family, if single go for it!
Good.
Route Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKFebruary 14, 2017
It was okay but you work like a dog. Good pay if you can get your own route. Can be stressful at time to meet sales plan. Not much more can really be said.
great pay easy job little home life
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNFebruary 14, 2017
Frito lay offers great pay and the people are a joy to work with. There is some drama and the overtime is usually forced for the low person on the totem pole.
Oven Tender, Forklift Operator, Packer, Box Drop (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDFebruary 14, 2017
Excellent Benefits
Managers want to see you exceed
Training is excellent
People are nice & helpful
Lot of paid time off
Chance to advance and learn different jobs
Pros
pay & benefits are great
Poor trai
RSA (Former Employee) –  UtahFebruary 13, 2017
Bad place to work, long hours, can't plan anything, bad managers, variable pay rate is a joke and confused, high premium medical insurance and a lot of work.
Pros
Discount product.
Cons
Bad supervisors and managers
productive and fun work place
Warehouser Worker (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 13, 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is taking on a task and getting the job done. The hardest part of the job is working in a workplace and not knowing how to do the job until you learn step by step.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Don't Do it!
RSR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2017
Worst place I've ever worked at... long horrible hours... no family time... when I'm not working I'm sleeping... awful... I hate it... looking for something else everyday...
Pros
Benefits, 401k
Cons
Management, No Life outside of there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.