Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

hard work
Lead Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 17, 2017
It is alot of work being a lead sales representative as well as rto trainer. The days are typically 10 hours. Building rapport is vital to achieving the sales goal. If you want to be successful in the job be stead fast and thick skinned.
I was led to believe I was going to going on 1st shift
Packer (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 17, 2017
It is a very fast paced job. I was to be going on 1st shift. See my note above about the girl out on maternity leave decided to come back so that was when I decided to leave.
Pros
Manger was awesome and understanding
Cons
3rd shift
I work there part time
Bulk Picker (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXNovember 16, 2017
I could say many negatives about this company, but there are none. Its a job. Their is no reason to belly-ache. This company is fast paced, on your feet, lifting in a hot warehouse kind of job. You are not going to get a long with employees but that's like any job. I am fortunate to work with good employees and good management.
Pros
The pay
Cons
No cons
stressfull and non rewarding
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Marysville, MINovember 16, 2017
drive a truck to customer locations to make deliveries in all conditions. Loading my own truck and knowing all the routes in my district. Long hours and very fast paced to complete the route for the day.
pretty straight forward job
RSA (Former Employee) –  Falls, ID/ Manteca CANovember 15, 2017
Early hours, fast paced, easy to learn. given necessary tools to perform work duties. enjoyed being paid weekly.sometimes the days were quite long.sometimes the elements aren't to favorable dealing with small parking spaces and large amounts of traffic.As long as you worked hard to meet sales plans you were left alone to do the job.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
long work days
Maintenance "A" Mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 15, 2017
Great place to work, but looking to further my career in the computer industry or as a maintenance manager. I am currently looking to further my career and do something else.
What have you done for me lately????
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PA 17404November 15, 2017
I made the company alot of money over the course of time I worked there, but after you exhaust every option to cut your budget and you go over budget, your head is on the chopping block!!!!
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 14, 2017
hard work management only care about themselvs. over worked under paid. to many chiefs not enough indians. this is stupid you make us do this survey !!!!!!!
Cons
I would never recommend anyone work at this company.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 13, 2017
As a route driver at Frito-Lay, you will start work very early and work a minimum of 10 hours, sometimes up to 14. You will need to juggle a variety of tasks and customer personalities at a very brisk pace to complete your day within DOT limits. Frito-Lay is a very numbers driven company and while some managers are fair and reasonable, others harass about numbers at every opportunity regardless of circumstances. Management in this company has a long standing record of setting up job tasks in a manner such that no average person is able to accomplish them on a day to day basis. They do this so that they are able to document an employees (who are often unionized) shortcomings at will, thereby allowing them to remove anyone who becomes wise to the game. A challenging job is one thing, but Frito-Lay sets its employees up for failure rather than success.
On paper, this company has a wonderful culture and they truly are an equal opportunity employer. They have no choice in this, however, due to their revolving door mentality and the fact that they are always strapped for qualified applicants who meet their requirements/expectations.
The most difficult part of this job is meeting the expectations which have been set before you when you sign on, because you will discover that, on many routes, the tasks at hand are simply unmanageable in the manner the company asks.
The best part of this job is meeting new people and the fact that you are able to change routes once in awhile if you wish.
Pros
Food at district meetings
Cons
Only time for breaks and lunches in your truck between stops.
Guaranteed employment/ guaranteed hours
wearhouse worker (Current Employee) –  Oak Forest, ILNovember 11, 2017
I have been there 8 years and I've never seen a layoff guaranteed 40 hours plus. You get paid weekly , paid vacations good benefits. Not hard work just has to be consistent
Pros
Paid weekly, guaranteed 40 hours.
Cons
Very hard to grow in the company. You get paid the same regardless whatever job you do, from driving a hiLo to driving a semi truck in the yard and picking orders you get paid the same.
Great job, but...
Route Sales Representative RSR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2017
I've been with the company 20 years now. The first 18 were great. I've always enjoyed the hard work and I was paid a fair commission for my sales. That was all changed 2 years ago. Performance Pay was implemented and it has shown to be a terrible gimmick that is not liked by any of my coworkers and myself. It was very misleading and often we are left with a feeling of hopelessness. The only reason I stay is because I have been there so long and I have too much invested to leave. The culture at my location in DFW is terrible. It seems like everyone is defeated and angry. I work 60 hours a week and often feel scared to make the drive home some days because I'm so tired and exhausted, but the company preaches safety. I would advise anyone looking for a RSR position with Frito Lay to know that you will not have much free time. This job is hard if you have a family. Mine has learned to operate without me being available to them during the week.
Pros
Free stale chips
Cons
Long hours, confusing lower wages, poor management
Great People
Manufacturing Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNNovember 10, 2017
Awesome people- easy to lead/manage. Team culture. Team-members were very proactive and autonomously solved a lot of problems that would arise throughout the work day.
Pros
Great people- self starters - a pleasure to lead.
Cons
Originally a small facility in a small town location- but now plant is expanding.
Mismanaged, wrong business plan
Route sales (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYNovember 10, 2017
Management never there only when there boss would show up. Then would blame driver for not knowing product spots.No communication about company plans. Pay was worthless. Micromanage for no reason.
stressful and dangerous
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2017
equipment dangerous company doesn't fix their trucks in accordance to odot standards. I wouldn't recommend the job unless they got different management that care
Pros
free chips
Cons
Good pay and plenty of overtime
Packaging Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WINovember 9, 2017
If you like to work a lot of overtime this is the place. Good pay and great insurance. The people that work there are great. I would recommend this place to other people.
Hustle Hustle Hustle
Route Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 9, 2017
Fast paced job, no time to waste. Being a RSR has id difficulties. RSA's don't always provide notes or clear instructions. The training program could be better. A lot of information is not shared and should be.
Great experience
Regional Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2017
I enjoy working with Frito Lay, and the experience that I have received has been great. But I don't feel like I am getting compensated fairly for the role I do.
Stressful, but learned a lot
Associate Principal Engineer / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 9, 2017
typical corporate environment, cut throat and people did not celebrate your successes and accomplishments with you. They celebrate your failure, because to be rated higher annually, someone must be rated low.
productive and balanced work environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 9, 2017
typical day at work starts with cleaning up the aisle from any misplaced items and products while organizing my products and rotating products by placing closer expiration dates.
Flexible work hours
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte Hall, MDNovember 9, 2017
Sales is not for everyone, you have to be driven and determined to meet goals, this I had no problem doing whatsoever. I felt like I have finally found my nitch! being on the go and manual labor, this was a definite plus for staying active!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.