Frito-Lay

Frito-Lay Employer Reviews

I enjoyed being out on my own and having a close relationship with my customers.
Route Salesperson (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: being out on your own, developing close relationships with customers.
Cons: selling and moving salsa. dealing with driving in bad winter weather.
First I would pull my product from the warehouse and load my truck. Then I would head out on my route to deliver and sell in product, promotional displays and new racks. At times I would have new planograms in stores to complete. I would gain additional space at times. Would open new accounts. Had to process orders for warehouse on products I would need weekly considering promotional displays, new products, racks, etc. My goals were to increase sales and control stales. The hardest part would be selling in pallets of salsa, it would require loading and unloading several times and cases of salsa are heavy.
A different type of fast paced work place
Sales / Office Administrator (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: try samples when they arrived
Cons: asking last minute to do things when they knew about it over a week ago.
I learned that everyone communicates through email for almost everything so nothing is forgotten because it is so fast paced.

The hardest part of the job was to learn all of the different computer programs that they used at the same time. It took longer than I thought it would but then again you are learning six or more different ones all at the same time.
Good job skills acquired
Route Sales (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: managment and hours
A typical day at work was 15hrs non stop from start to finish. I learned a lot about managing my own route properly. Had a lot of good co-workers that were always willing to help. The hardest part of the job was the hours and trying to fit in a home life. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on my own and being responsible for my own route.
productive company
Route Driver (Former Employee), Fairfield, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: the people you worked with always helped one another
Cons: healthcare was not that great
I started work at 3AM ,delivered to about 12 stores a day. The hardest part of the job was making sure I got my orders in on time.I enjoyed getting new accounts or new displays in existing accounts.
No worklife balance
District Sales Leader (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJanuary 13, 2015
My current day starts early, i am often woken up by phone calls before 5 am, to listen to employees complain. The hardest part of my job is the fact that it never ends, and that i have to be avaialble 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
A strong team work environment.
Production Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Team members have full autonomy and are encouraged to make decisions to drive the business forward. Many of the team members are self sufficient and with it being 90 percent automated there a strong need for team members and managers to be technically inclined. This puts the team members at the mercy of the machines many times and with a mediocre preventative maintenance program is the most difficult part of the job as it is out of your control. Opportunity for advancement is a strong point and one of the pluses of the company.
A rough place to work due to how employees are treated.
Part Time Shipper (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAJanuary 12, 2015
At Frito-Lay it was more about the money and keeping their scorecards green rather than employee safety and the treatment of their employees. The conditions were not suitable to do the job they wanted and more and more was frequently asked of their employees while conditions just got poorer. Although I loved the job it was poorly ran and the employees were treated poorly.
Found the position to be intellectualy challenging and fullfilling.
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST/PROJECT LEAD (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: challenging position forced me to grow in both my skill set and as subject matter expert
Cons: corporate finally began offshoring the business analysts too and i found myself doing the work of 3, leading me quickly to burnout.
To be honest, at first I was a bit disappointed at not being able to continue my career as a Programmer/Developer (mainly due to out-sourcing), however I was given enough leway to make my new position as a Business Systems Analyst, my own. By being able to 'back into the Business' by being able to read the COBOL code, I was able to quickly underastand the vast complexity of FLNA's 'home-grown code' and was able to uniquely identify myself as an employee who had a full understanding of both the Business and the Technical Side of the Field Sales Accounting. And as the coporate model began to shift more and more towards a fully out-sourced technical development 'shop', the scope of my role continually expanded, as I soon found myself, on any given day, being both a business analyst and technical lead, writing code-specs for new systems requriements for the off-shore, and then taking on the role as QA for the test code coming back to onshore. Furthermore, I was able to find both the Technial and Business issues as they presented themselves.
dangerous
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: no cons
had to leave because of falling pallets of product. Nothing else to say.
productive very physical job
Sanitation Part Time (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTJanuary 6, 2015
Cons: bad management
Good pay

very hard job

bad management

no opportunity for advancement,unless they like you

the best part is the time you go home
Pruduct Picker
Warehouse/Material Handler (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 2, 2015
This company has friendly people and very fast paced company. Everyday is different because there could be a high volume of work, to low volume work. There is different products that is been picked for customers and there are different routes that transport the products.
good workers at frito lay
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), Fresno, CADecember 30, 2014
Cons: bad management
good job just make sure your hitting your numbers. Frito lay is a great company to work for.
Fast pace
Loader/Dock Manager (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDDecember 29, 2014
fast pace job. high demand. very good company and the hours were great.
fast pace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Houston, TexasDecember 29, 2014
With me and my co-workers got along and stayed moving fast to get the job done
Production lines
Wharehouse General Utility (stock puller) (Former Employee), Wooster, OHDecember 29, 2014
A very busy and sometimes intense job of keeping busy looking for pallets to be pushed out and boards replaced so that they can continue packing and stacking boxes upon. Jobs teaches quickness, focus and perseverance.
RSR
Route Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wilder, VTDecember 25, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
Requires long hours of 60-70 hours per week.Although pay was good.
poor management
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), Huntington, WVDecember 22, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: lots of hours
going store to store and leaving product
driving truck
great management
great employees
Hard work is required
Route Sales Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 19, 2014
I work long hours to maintain my sales route. The company changed the sales force team, by reducing our wages, and changing our sales routes.
A ruff early adulthood experience.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2014
I never like to be negative, but this was the worst job I ever had in my life. The work environment was always extremely cold, wet, and gloomy. We worked 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, just to only have 15 mins for break...That's it, no 30 minute lunch at all. Not to mention the pay rate was minimum wage for what I believe should have been at least $10 an hour for the high level of physical ability it took to do the job. I serious feel like this job was specifically for people with bad backgrounds just to get their feet in someone doors.

About Frito-Lay

Frito-Lay is the undisputed chip champ of North America. The company makes some of the best-known and top-selling savory snacks – Read more