Frito-Lay Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,315 reviews matching the search
Overall a great place to work
RSR (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDFebruary 10, 2016
Overall a good job. The pay and benefits are great. My only complaint at all is that the hours and schedules make for a complicated home life. You will work holidays and weekends. An average week is 50hours and the day starts at 3am.
Front-Desk Reception, Customer Service, Office Management, Records Management, Database, Administration, Event Management, Calendaring, Executive Supp
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoFebruary 10, 2016
Handled multifaceted clerical tasks (Data Entry, Filling, Records Management and Billing) as the Assistants to the Director, coordinated travel arrangements, maintained database and ensured the delivery of premium service to students.
Lots of pluses to working for Frito-Lay
routesales (Former Employee) –  Nortbrook IlinoisFebruary 8, 2016
typical day was a 10 to 12 hour day. Serving my route and customers interacting with managers on a daily basis.Learned to work together with my co workers and bosses. Hardest part of my job was pulling my handcart thru the snow into the store..Most enjoyable part of my day was seeing all the people on my route then going back to work and talking to all my co-workers. The overall feeling that i had a good day and made money.
Pros
great company to work for.
Cons
sometime really long hours
Hot
Shipping/Packer (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHFebruary 8, 2016
Every job is labor intensive and you get a work out! Not a bad place to work and the people are pretty good!! Start off as a temporary employee until and if they want to hire you as a full time employee. They have the option to let you go after 1500 hrs. If your not hired full time after that, your time of 1500 hrs, starts all over again.
Pros
pay
Cons
hot work enviroment
Production and Processing
Inventory Packer/Box Drop Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 6, 2016
Worked at the Irving, TX plant . Good company to work for. Union company, so you will have to start at the bottom of the seniority list. Which means working odd shifts and weekends.
trucks need a lot of work done to them. there not in the best of shape
Route/Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 6, 2016
I liked what i was doing. I worked 14 hour days it was very long days. The other employees where so nice to one enother. I really like all of the learning there was to do the instructors where a blast to work with. the Management didn't talk to much to some of the employees. the hardest thing about working there was trying to drive some of the beet up trucks that they had.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
no time to take lunchs
adequate pay, zero advancement or career development opportunity
maintenance technician / site expert trainer (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARFebruary 5, 2016
Great group of co-workers. Management consisted of mostly new college graduates with no experience or skill in doing the tasks assigned to their personnel. There is no career development. i was told numerous times i would be sent to requested training with no results due to the fact that i already posessed the skills required to do controls tasks. i explained that it would be beneficial to the company if i learn more effecient ways to utilize my skills.
Pros
i got to work on some challenging problems which i highly enjoy, great group of co-workers with diverse experience
Cons
No career development, no first shift position in the 14 years worked
Productive and Dependable Worker !
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pueblo Co.February 5, 2016
Willing to do what ever it takes to get the Job done ! Good Co.Start at 3am cover my stores usually off by noon .Management was very helpful all employees got along well, everyone one was willing to help each other to get the job done .
Frito becomes home
material handler (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 5, 2016
You will work 70 to 80 hours a week and get paid well for it, just don't expect to spend time with your family.
Management is professional, but doesn't listen to employees.
Equipment issues are abundant since the company won't fix anything beyond putting a band-aid on it.
Won't hire from within
Pros
free chips, good pay
Cons
no work/life balance
Supportive working environment.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, INFebruary 4, 2016
The work can be demanding, but very manageable once acclimated. Management is very interested in associates views and day to day work. Associates help each other to further a supportive work environment.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Was able to run various packaging machines. wrote detailed reports of the day to day runs of the machines. performed sanitation duties as well as quality control duties.
Pros
Cons
Plant Closure
Casing Tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2016
Frito-Lay is a very fair place to work. I worked there many years and enjoy it. It isn't an easy job, but you get paid fairly.
Pros
free chips
District Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day at Frito Lay involved talking with my Route Sales Reps before they went to their account. I would visit their accounts to update managers on special promotions, and to make sure that the Reps were doing their jobs the 'Frito Lay Way.' I learned that no two accounts/decision-makers will be alike, so being a person o many hats is crucial at a job like this one. My managers and coworkers were very supportive. The hardest part of my job were the long hours. You had to really 'work smarter and not harder' in order to have that work/quality of life balance. The most enjoyable part of my job was that is was never boring. Everyday was a new adventure
Pros
Fun Community Projects
Cons
Long Hours
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 30, 2016
Could have better benefits. Management needs to hold employees responsible for their actions. Should give us a paid lunch. Employees should get comp time for missed breaks.
Review
Equipment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILJanuary 29, 2016
Organized set days, Planning weekly goals and expectations and executing them in a timely fashion. I help assist different districts in the southern suburban area with building equipment, organizing trailers outside, sorting good and damaged fixtures outside, operating forklifts, and even helping on sales routes. Team Work!
decent job
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Cool decent job if you going to school since you only work on the weekends. Work here has sanitation is not joke, work here is hard.
Good living
Route Sales Representative /Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 21, 2016
Overall good place to work people money weekends off..benefits
Close by advancement and relocation .Earning potential is what you put in..work on own
Numbers over everything
Route Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 21, 2016
You will learn a lot about sales and merchandising. You have little supervision and basically work on your own unless your not hitting plan then you'll hear from your DSL. You rarely see you co-workers except at meetings. "Its just chips, how hard can it be?" lol You'll know after the first week if your gonna make it. If you ever decide to call in be prepared to hear thats not an option.
As of now pay is good but not for long. We will soon be put on a new pay system that will take away our commision and pay us salary with a bonus if we hit our numbers, which we rarely hit now. Expect to go in at 3AM. When you are new expect to work around 55 plus hours a week (we don't receive OT, its called VROT and its only a few bucks an hour) plus weekends. You'll be so exhausted after work you will no longer ave energy to do anything outside of work. Your safety is put on the back burner to chase the numbers. Once we were towed out of the yard when we had a blizzard with 2ft of snow on the ground. Be prepared to work no matter the weather outside. You're told if you don't feel safe out on the road don't come in but if you don't show you're abandoning your job. Also, you will receive little to no recognition for the job you do. We were number 1 in the nation in sales last year and instead of a team celebration management voted instead to take their families to Vegas. Most enjoyable part of this job is clocking out!!!
Pros
Pay for now, little supervision
Cons
hours, work load, early hours, no recognition
Frito Lay is a good company to work for and has good benefits
Packaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 18, 2016
I worked for Frito Lay for 20 yrs and advanced throughout the company with much success. The only down side to working there is the communication between people.
Rsr
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 17, 2016
An average work week was 55 to 60 hrs.
Learned to merchandise product to ensure selloff.
Managed own route. Management was somewhat efficient.
Long physical work days. Enjoyed working with customers.