Fritz Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Learned a lot
part of project management (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 27, 2016
Strong work ethic training. Amazing opportunities for knowledge of manufacturing production and learning about chemicals.
Cons
Great job.1st job I ever wanted to stay with until retirement. Good working relations between the workforce and management
Process Technican II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, Tx.June 21, 2016
Loved the job because it gave you time to have family time also. 12 hour shifts, learning more than 1 machine.
The only downfall was too much middle management that was a waste of money .
Job stability wasn't there either because it was based on the price of crude oill.
All in all- a good place to work -just no job security.
Pros
ESOP-401K-PTO
Cons
No job security.
great job, but laid off
Shift Leader (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXMay 21, 2016
it was a great place to work, there were always challenges, but with the help of awesome co-workers, it was a good place to be employed at the time. I was laid off due to the price of crude oil. They make products for oilfield applications, specializing in the fraccing area of oilfield.
Pros
good time off
Cons
mediocre benefits
easy to learn
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 17, 2016
work as a team. get good bonus. work safe and proactive. grad you tech 1 to 5. make over time grate pay. grate people to work with. ESOP. 401k. vacations.
Pros
family events.
Cons
chemicals
Good Job and Benefits, but a Volatile Industry
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 4, 2016
As a lab technician, the job requires competence, in combination with light manual labor. It also provides some very valuable skills that can be carried over into future. There are times when working with co-workers can be taxing, but overall, if one minds their own business, things tend to flow much more smoothly.
Pros
Holidays off, 401K matching, Insurance
Cons
Volatile Industry, No Job Security
Fun work place
LEAD OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 14, 2015
A long day you learn how to mix CHEMICAL MATERIAL the management is nice and care about the worker the co-workers are nice and hard workers the hardest part about the job is to stay a wake the most enjoyable part is when you get paid
Pros
pay check
Cons
the long hours
Management is New
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Senior SupervisorDecember 3, 2015
Oil prices affects this business and management needs to diversify their product for the company to grow and be all seasonal
Very dirty enviroment
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 12, 2015
When I worked there most people were on asthma medicine because there was so much chemical dust in the air. Co workers are great and they will help you learn. You are working with dangerous chemicals and don't always have the PPE needed.
Pros
12 hr shifts, 3 to 4 days a week so you always had plenty of time off, Co Workers are great and will help you learn.
Cons
Very Dirty. Lot of chemical getting on you and in you. Management did not seem to care much.
cannot be explained
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 13, 2015
showed a great deal of disparity , had numerous parties to cover the true nature of the company, you had only to look @ the entrance to know ; what you would be dealing with very subtle
Pros
Brenda Henry
Cons
cannot be explained
fun work invironment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXSeptember 4, 2015
I was laid off by someone who had been employed at Fritz for three months. not enough training but plenty of mgmt. letting one know there was a mistake even if its in the system and not an employee mistake.
Pros
good work invironment
Cons
upper managment is top heavy, two many chiefs too few indians
large company with some small company cultures
Engineer (Former Employee) –  MesquiteAugust 7, 2015
Right now the company is hurting because of oil prices. It is making alot of people panic and the middle managers are not keeping level heads... wait they never kept level heads.

This company had some great benefits that take 3 years of service before you are eligible. I was laid off with a whole bunch of others that didn't reach that vested goal.

The president does the best he can though.
Pros
the company tries
Cons
very inefficient
Was a Great company
maintenance mechanic 1 (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 6, 2015
First started in december working maintenance i thought this was the best job ever working on equipment completing preventive maintenance schedules and eliminating down time. but it got slow and they laid off me and alot of other employees they failed at running the buisness you dont keep making product if its not selling you find other places to sell to just my thought
Pros
benifits
Cons
layoffs
Best Job I've Ever Had!
Sample Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 13, 2015
Work was usually busy but fun. I had two great supervisors and management was awesome. My co-workers were really great and fun people to work with. Nothing hard about the job unless i came in to work and the previous sample tech didn't finish his duties before i came in, which threw off my nightly schedule and made double work for me. Other then that i loved working for Fritz! Great pay, great benefits, loved my work schedule, they take care of their employees really well, pay vacation, paid holidays, they give great incentives, and all the employees are just good people to be around, very happy!
Pros
pay, healthcare, shift hours, incentives
Custodian
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 4, 2015
I walked their buildings dumping trash, clean everything that could get dirty, sweep and mope floors, clean up mess that come up in the course of the day. Management was friendly and help in the course of my job. I would not get in they way in the course of the day.
Pros
It was a job.
Cons
I was bored doing it.
it was a good fun job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 30, 2015
I liked the job at fritz wish I was permanent and not seasonal but all around good job to have also the work schedule was great
Pros
it was a good job to have as getting your 40 plus hours and still have time for the kids
Cons
working with the chemicals and them not providing you with mask all the time
Dry work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 27, 2015
Great benifits when you have passed you 90 day probation.
Management has lack of knowledge in the department they're managing.
Great Wrking Environment
Senior Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  mesquite, TXMay 27, 2015
As an ESOP company, Fritz Industries Inc. is a great place to work at. Management is intrigued in developing personal skills of current employees.
Pros
compensatioin
Cons
N/A
N/a
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXMay 17, 2015
A typical day at my present job consist of me working 12 hours per day.
I have learned how to operate five various machines. The management is pretty cool. Co-workers are fun to work with. The mos difficult part, is the commute. Getting off from work.
Very productive
PROCESS TECH III (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMarch 29, 2015
I had a lot of good , fun days at work.It was very fats paced so the days went by quickly, had some very trust worthy co-workers.
Pros
fast paced easy work
Cons
no team players
machine operator (Former Employee) –  MESQUITE TXNovember 18, 2014
The chemicals that we proccessed were harsh. Other than the concern of breathing in harmful chemicals ...(Protective equipment was supplied ) it was good atmosphere
Pros
they were always concered about the emplyees weariing safety equipment
Cons
no public transpotation

Fritz Industries, Inc. Reviews by Location