Fritz Industries, Inc.

Fritz Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews

Dry work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXMay 27, 2015
Great benifits when you have passed you 90 day probation.
Management has lack of knowledge in the department they're managing.
Great Wrking Environment
Senior Analytical Chemist (Former Employee), mesquite, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: compensatioin
Cons: N/A
As an ESOP company, Fritz Industries Inc. is a great place to work at. Management is intrigued in developing personal skills of current employees.
N/A
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Greenville, TXMay 17, 2015
A typical day at my present job consist of me working 12 hours per day.
I have learned how to operate five various machines. The management is pretty cool. Co-workers are fun to work with. The mos difficult part, is the commute. Getting off from work.
Very productive
PROCESS TECH III (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: fast paced easy work
Cons: no team players
I had a lot of good , fun days at work.It was very fats paced so the days went by quickly, had some very trust worthy co-workers.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
machine operator (Former Employee), MESQUITE TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: they were always concered about the emplyees weariing safety equipment
Cons: no public transpotation
THE CHEMICALS THAT WE PROCCESSED WERE HARSH. OTHER THAN THE CONCERN OF BREATHING IN HARMFUL CHEMICALS ...(PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT WAS SUPPLIED ) IT WAS GOOD ATMOSPHERE
Forklift operator
forklift operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: fast paced environment and gaining forklift certification and experience
Cons: the use of outdated equipment
A typical day working in warehouse operations as a forklift operator consists of loading and unloading trucks and stocking racks with product inventory. In contrast to other job duties, a forklift operator works solely on daily orders and inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in a fast-paced environment and consistency. The most challenging part of the job was the use of outdated equipment.
productive and fun
Technician 3, Process (Current Employee), mesquite, texasJuly 16, 2014
working at fritz industries is a fun, but challenging place to work. I got a chance to learn how to operate different machines and mix chemicals.
The company is employee owened
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXJune 27, 2014
Pros: pay wages
Very good company to work for. The pay wages are excellent and the company was more like working with family.
Great employer but poor management and uninspiring
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: teamwork, good remuneration, good benefits, casual
Cons: uninspring, poor management, location, old school thinking
Though I understood the organization purpose, their decisions didn't make them proud at the point they were in. The position was new that would fit in the company's culture. I was determined to make it a success, but the more I learnt about the company it dawned on me that my role was a misfit one.
The company focused on bottom-line results. It was a highly performance-driven environment with lots of business units. Upper management was uninspiring and managerial skills were poor. The technology equipment and job functions in the manufacturing units were in the hands of untrained staff who burdened the operating system. The different associates I met with were learning from my questions and eventually turned out to fixing the(ir) problems rather than performing my job. I wanted to make it work but the risks would have been costly. It was becoming increasing difficult to impress on my bosses and succeed in my position.
Productive work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXJune 1, 2014
I enjoyed the productive work environment where I was always getting to learn new things and able to improve my skills.
Great place to work great breakroom
Warehouse Inventory Specialist Tech III (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXApril 27, 2014
Great worker and fellow employee. I love to work and get great satifaction out of of getting the job done.
Going through some serious growing pains.
QA/QC Lab Technician (Former Employee), Mesquite, TxApril 9, 2014
Managers who have been with the company for 20+ yrs. were used to managing 5 employees and are now managing 20-30 employees without training or experience. Very unprofessional and unethical most of the time.
FRIENDLY PLACE TO WORK
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: great salary
Cons: n/a
GREAT PLACE TO WORK, W/EXCELLENT BENEFITS. JOB ADVANCEMENT IS STEADY, HIHGLY SECURE OPERATION, COMPANY PICNICS, AND AN OVERALL GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT.
great job for production and goals
Production Operator (Former Employee), Greenville, TXAugust 7, 2013
Pros: steady pay
Cons: mandatory overtime
steady work and steady hours and direct management did do what they could to help individuals.
maintenance mechanic/ac tech
Building Maintenance/AC tech (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXApril 11, 2012
Pros: the independence
Cons: the night shift
Maintaining the machinery, and ac was a great thill, I learned a great deal about working with others, and as an individual.
Not a reliable long-term employer
Web Developer (Former Employee)March 16, 2011
Pros: professional positions have autonomy, benefits better than average
Cons: unmotivating, uninspiring, cautious, non-mainstream, location
Ever since the original owner of Fritz Industries, Inc. passed away, everything appears to have become more of a power-grab amongst people in management who feel they are entitled to everything. The entire structure of the company has been turned upside down and is less-favorable to the general employees. Even though the company has an employee stock ownership program, the upper management who control it are severely deficient in skills necessary to balance business responsibilities and objectivity with any “human factor”.

I would not recommend working for this company if you are looking for a long-term employer. Individual development does not exist, and team-oriented situations are few and far between, especially in the professional positions. While most of the professional positions provide some sort of autonomy and self-management, it becomes a drag quickly and you have to self-sustain your own interest in your own job to keep working there. In about 6 months, you’ll start to crave some sort of formal direction, cross-departmental projects, or anything that breaks the cycle and allows you to engage with others and think critically. You’ll want some inspiration, motivation, or someone in upper management to tell you that you are doing a great job and can provide constructive criticism without you feeling demoralized.

Upper management is incredibly uninspiring and does little to motivate and make people happier about whom they are working for. They forget that their responsibilities as company leaders are to provide leadership, inspiration and communication that excites – more... people about the direction and decisions made. Instead, they just delegate things and create a company culture based on “fear” and make you feel like a volatile “investment”. By “investment”, I mean you’ll feel as though that if you don’t do your job in such a way that profitability is improving, you’ll be seen as a liability that drags the share values down.

I would definitely wait until the year 2040 before considering working for Fritz Industries. That should be enough time for mother nature to run its course and instate a better generation of people to operate the company—hopefully people who are qualified and don’t make decisions based on emotions. If you do decide to seek employment with this company, do so at your own sanity. If you manage to land an interview here, be vigilant and ask tough questions as if you were going to work there for the rest of your life. If you don’t get the answer you were expecting, then it’s not worth it for you to invest months or years of your life into a job that constantly feels de-motivating, hinders your individual development and ability to improve your quality of life.

Working here, you have to force yourself to be excited, otherwise you’re just another employee on payroll expected to do a job function where your own motivations are your own responsibility. To sum this all up, working here can be quite depressing. – less