Froedtert Health

Froedtert Health Employee Reviews in United States

Abusive work environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  MilwaukeeJanuary 15, 2016
I was hired as a very experienced professional with nearly 30 years of experience and outstanding skills in my field.

My manager was very unprofessional and abusive. She frequently wasted my time and insinuated that I didn't know what I was doing, despite the work being so easy that someone new to the field could have handled it. Then the job ended early, after the agency had me sign a contract saying that I wouldn't look for work while on assignment for them, and so I wasn't prepared financially when the contract ended without notice.

I haven't encountered such an abusive work environment since I was in my 20s, and wouldn't recommend this company as an employer to anyone.
clinic review
CNA/scheduler for Gastroenterology (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 19, 2016
Unable to get vacation requests when needed.
family life does not matter to this company.
nice co workers.
the doctors are all very nice to work with.
management mirco manages everything.
Great place to work.
Medical Transcription Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIJuly 8, 2015
My job duties allowed me to have a very varied and stimulating work life. Love the people I worked with from all parts of the Froedtert organization.

Excellent employer. Many opportunities for learning.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Very large organization.
Productive and fun place
Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 21, 2015
Great company to work for. Everyone at this company has always been extremely helpful and always willing to go above and beyond.
Great benefits and pay
General housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 4, 2015
A typical day while working at Froedtert is fun and exciting if your around a good group of people. There is a lot and I mean A LOT of favoritism!!! At times it felt like a high school than a place of employment. This is the most easiest job ever!
Pros
You can use your badge to purchase food if your short on cash, welcomed and felt like family
Cons
favoritism
I love working with people
Patient Access Service Representative ll (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WISeptember 3, 2015
I work at a off campus Freodtert and Medical College clinic that includes six physicians and I interact all day long with 17+ clinical staff. I outreach to other staff members network wide to help patients get the best care possible. I love working with patients but in a administrative role.
Over all I work for a great organization. I have a great boss and wonderful co-workers. The only down fall is the travel from my house to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WisconsinApril 4, 2014
I enjoy my job, the company I work for and my co-workers. I have flexibility to start my day between 6:30 & 7:30am. I manage executive calendars, prepare meetings, travel, agendas and minutes. I am part of several committees for operations that I enjoy.
Pros
great co-workers, excellent benefits, flexibility.
Cons
very far distance to travel on 43 & 894 - pay could be higher.
Good company for stability
IT Governance (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJuly 6, 2011
I've been working in IT for Froedtert for over 3 years. I've found that it pays average for the region but has a good management staff and above average insurance benefits. The culture is friendly and knowing you're providing support to healthcare is always a feel good bonus.
Froedtert is a great place to work and to retire. They also offer a school at work program to help employees succeed and grow in there employment
OR Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wauwautosa,WIJune 14, 2013
A typical work day is busy but exciting as well because your apart of a team who's mission is saving lives and getting people well. I've learned how to give a productive huddle, and how the properly clean an OR suite. Management is great and always there to assist staff. I work with excellent team players that really care and take pride in the job they do. The hardest part of my job is not being able to please everyone and that can pose a challenge sometimes. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to serve.
Amazing Healthcare industry to be involved with
PC Analyst - PC Support, Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIDecember 26, 2013
I was given the opportunity to move around and assist with daily tasks on foot, rather than being confined to one hospital or one desk. Able to work on a tablet and become more mobile-oriented.

Coworkers were great and completely understanding. They were knowledgeable of their environment and welcomed me into their family of technicians without any friction. Great people to work with and get to know personally.

The size of the company can be hard to manage at times, but collaborating with teams at multiple locations is a privilege and always opens opportunities for learning experiences.

I will miss the people and the home wellness that they offered. I'll also miss my manager Lisa who looked out for all of us PC Analysts. I only hope that I can have a future supervisor that cares as much as she does.

Great experience!!
Pros
home wellness, flexibility, great management, outings with coworkers
Cons
some short staffing issues, size of the company hard to manage
Very nice place to work
Sr. BI Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 27, 2014
Very good management and job security
Very good place to work and friendly and knowledgeable people
Wonderful workplace
ACCESS SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIDecember 30, 2012
I typical day at work is wonderful.
My shifts are normally 6 hrs.
I page out on-call drs. for patients with "urgent medical matters".
My management is the best ever. They're so approchable, easy to talk to and understanding.
My co-workers are co-works and nothing more.
Nothing is hard about my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the job itself all because of the fact that i help people all day.
Okay place to work, just wish it was easier to grow within the company.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee WiMarch 24, 2014
Seem like when you work in the housekeeping department it's hard to transfer to a different department, unless it's food service, transport or distribution. Bitter co workers, and stressful environment mainly due to high turnover, which makes us work really hard until we get more people employed.
Pros
pto
Cons
very unorganized. poor management. lack of opportunity to advance within.
Growing system
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 30, 2012
Froedtert Health is a very progressive and growing healthcare system. Learned about various aspects of the healthcare field that I had not known prior to joining Froedtert Health. I enjoy working with many of my colleagues on all employment levels. The most enjoyable part of working at Froedtert is that the people have a genuine passion for healthcare, patients, staff and advancement.
excellent opportunity
Assisting doctors (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMay 17, 2013
I enjoyed my time in pulmonary. I learned many things about the lungs and working with a great team of Drs. I built a great relationship with the Dr and staff. I genuinely cared for the patients and built a trusting relationship with them as well. I performed many duties clinical and clerical. I look forward to growing in my career as a Medical assistant.
Pros
great team
Cons
not enough variety
Great place to work lots of opportunity to learn and grow
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 3, 2012
Working with Froedtert Health has given me the opportunity to expand my knowdledge, enhance my skills and better understand the Cardilogy unit.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
poor management
Surgical Techician
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 16, 2015
Pass instruments and other sterile supplies to surgeons and surgeon assistants.
Prepare, care for, and dispose of specimens taken for laboratory analysis, help apply dressings and help transport the patient to the recovery room.
Fun place
Cook's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 7, 2013
Fun place to work and great people to meet, awesome benefits
Pros
great benifits
Cons
poor managment
Nursing
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 11, 2015
I enjoy a fast paced working environment and love the challenge! The schedule is difficult to work but rewarding to have many days off in a row.
verifying demographics and insurance
Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 16, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was having patient satisfaction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Froedtert Health. Our community is ready to answer.