Froedtert Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

excellent teachinghhospital
Registered Nurse (RN)( former) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 10, 2016
I recently worked for this hospital as an RN learning triage nursing. I have to say, it is a very well run and organized hospital! It compensates nurses well, there are many committees to be involved in, it is very diverse and offers Any employee a chance to advance! It was a very fast paced clinic, but everyone had their roles and seemed to be team players! I wish I had started there as a brand new nurse, a lot of great challenges and people!!
Pros
varied learning experiences and challenges
Cons
management good but ever changing
Learning experience
Patient Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 2, 2016
A very fast pace job with numerous learning experiences. Its never a quite moment. I enjoy my job, but the amount of work they expect the aides to do, they should be pay a little mor, and show the aides a little more apprecitaion
Pros
EXTRA HOURS
Cons
NURSES LOOKING DOWN ON THE AIDES
Great co workers
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 15, 2016
Great co workers and positive vibes. I've liked everyone whose trained me and whom I've worked with, it makes it easier to go to work and brings you up on bad days.
Nice Hospital
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WIMay 18, 2016
One of the top paying hospitals in Milwaukee, always hiring. They service a large population of our city so don't be surprised as you encounter familiar faces.
Excellent place to work
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 7, 2016
Maintains employees with excellent benefits and pay. Flexible work hours and independent practices. This is a place that keeps employees. Loyal and true.
very comfortable environment
Cooks Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 11, 2016
a typical day at work would be fun, exciting and sad. meeting patients who are not well can be challenging at times but most times
are better than others.
Cons
short breaks
I loved it there
pharmacy tech (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 20, 2015
If you can stay out of the drama, go for it. It's a great place to work. Every day was busy and went by quick and I liked the work I was doing.
Pros
dynamic atmosphere
Cons
management plays favorites
to keep the kitchen clean , clean all areas
Sanitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJanuary 18, 2016
very nice place to ,good people manangers are good .need to advance in cooking field. because i am finishing my associate in culinary arts will graduate in may 2017,
It's a great place to learn the medical field and most of the people are great to work with.
Environmental Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 22, 2014
There really is no "typical" day at Froedtert Hospital because everyday was different. I learned a lot about the medical field and how important everyone's position was from being a doctor to being in the Environmental Service Department. Most of the people I worked with were really great. They were there when you needed help and almost any question you had would get answered. The management was alright but they could've known there departments a little better. To me, the most enjoyable part of working here was at the end of the day you knew you were able to help someone get better.
Pros
free lunches (during the week of orrientation). great health benefits (permenant employees)
Cons
not orginized and poor communication between management and employees.
Challenging, Interactive
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 2, 2014
I work with uninsured patients and help them get care, or help them get on an insurance program that will cover their care. I have learned that the world is filled with a large population that does not have healthcare. I have a fairly new manager, so I hope that she brings a new energy to our department. All of my co-workers are friendly and upbeat. The hardest part of my job is hearing the "hard times" that people are going through. The most enjoyable part of my job would be job security.
Pros
large corporation, offers extensive benefits
Cons
healthcare can be somewhat challenging and sad at times
Enjoyable place to work. Loved my job
A recognized leader (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 14, 2015
FMLH is a wonderful place to work! It treats its employees very well, in my opinion. My job was interesting, because I was always learning something new and fast paced. I had a great group of co-workers and a great work environment.
please
Radiation Oncology Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 2, 2015
They rarely promote within. They would rather hire from outside. Management was very unprofessional and bias.
Pros
benefits are excellent
Cons
no room for advancement unless you know someone
The hardest part of my job was to have managements support
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 6, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning form them. there was a lost of variety in what I did each day.
I was disappointed that the team concept was not equal in the department.
Cons
breaks were abused by staff. phones were allowed in the department
Overall Rating of Froedtert Hospital
PCW (Patient care worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 4, 2013
A typical day would be getting patients up for bathing or bed baths. After that sit them up in chair if able. Take vitals, Check IV's, complete blood sugars and some blood draws. Documentation was very important of each patient cared for. On a typical day I took care of 16 to 18 patients. Worked hard, nurses sat more than I and it was sometimes hard to get breaks in. The Job security was there and room for advancement was in place. I had to work third shift and try to balance school and my two boys and I think I did the best I could under certain circumstances. It was culturally rounded and I had no problems with my peers.
I learned a lot about the medical field because I was in a nursing program at first. The hardest days was lifting heavy patients with out enough of help. The other thing was burn out. I the most enjoyable was knowing when my 12 hours was up I was going home to rest.
The overall rating because this hospital do several caring nurses and doctors would be a four star.
Our benefits of compensation was overtime and raises were very good.
my day at froedtert
EVS AIDE 1 (Current Employee) –  milwaukee,wiAugust 12, 2015
a typical day at work consists of me first: setting up my utiltiy cart with all the things i will need to start the day, dry rags, wet rags with virex soloution, mops both dry amd damp, garbabge bags of all sizes, paper towels and toliet tissue. once that is complete then i check with the charge nurse in my assigned area to see how may cases we have so that i cam keep a talley of rooms for my records. at the end of the day i properly dispose of all rags dirty/clean and proceed to break down the cart putting back all unused materials in its assigned area.
Pros
the people i work with
Cons
i am the only one working in an area of 30+ rooms. it can get a little hectic
Very intense, educational, exceptional place to work.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 14, 2015
I cared for patients under going surgery and recovered the highly intense and critical care pt's in a level one trauma center. I learned that there is a great deal of education and learning as well as teaching that is involved in becoming a successful registered nurse. I thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers as we were a team that would provide excellent care every day. The hardest part of my job was adapting to the long stressful night shift hours that required concentration, and critical thinking skills. I enjoyed the most that I was able to do my best every single day to provide excellent care to my patients.
Pros
High Acuity Cases, Great Surgeons and Co-Workers.
Cons
Many long strenuous hours.
Customer Service.
COOK/CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 4, 2015
I work an 8 hour shift. My first job duty is the count the cash register and get it ready for the day. i then began to serve customers for a few hours. I then do prep for the day take short break return to continue serving.
Unstable
Evs Aide (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 27, 2014
Management issues
Schedules changed to working every weekend and two off days during the week.
benefits
Cons
favortism, and lack of advancement
Diversified workplace. Great learning environment.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2015
Flexible work schedule. Management is caring and compassionate. Cultural awareness. Among the Select 50 Diversity Employers of Choice. Top Work Place for six consecutive years.
Very Corporate like Work Environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 14, 2015
Growing fast almost to fast, employees are more like a number than a person. Great health care. People you work with are professional and friendly
Pros
Great Health Care
Cons
To many rules not followed by everyone

4.2