Froedtert Hospital Employee Reviews

New Department
Registered Nurse Clinical Informatics (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 23, 2017
I worked in a new department that was developed. Typical day at work was organized by myself, so it was easy to schedule meetings and other things. Work culture was wonderful at first and then it appeared to be unorganized with no preceptor and they did not provide any resources to reach out to. The department and supervisor overly encouraged Epic certification, which is costly to the company, and then they don't invest to orientate you to your position. I feel that the team I was on went from positive to negative in a matter of 2-3 months.
Pros
Salary position
Cons
Negativity
Shadowing
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 7, 2017
I just did my my shadowing hours require for my certification.
Everyone very friendly and professional, it was very helpful towards my knowledge.
Would work there
Relaxed and fun place to work
In-Room Dining Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 7, 2017
A fun place to work with great coworkers. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Relaxed culture on second shift. The work is easy, but gets quite repetitive after a while. Kind of hard to move up though.
Pros
Easy job, well paid for job, great benefits even for part time
Cons
Get occurances even when sick or one minute late, job is not recognized for customer service
long commute
STAFF NURSE (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 6, 2017
Not too convenient if you live outside of Milwaukee. New people have to park near the Milwaukee Zoo and they shuttle you there, which adds additional time.
Cons
no lunch breaks; holiday pay is deducted from your vacation bank
My review
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 28, 2017
Good place to work. Other staff members are very nice. The hospital can get very busy, specially when there are only a few staff members to respond to calls.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Schedule
Fast paced and advanced setting to practise healthcare
Radiologic Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 27, 2017
Froedtert Hospital is a fast paced and exciting place to work. I love caring for patients and seeing/learning new things. There is never a dull day here! Management is excellent in our Radiology Department; very kind and contentious. Our hospital if full of cultural diversity and though we all have different jobs we are all aware that the patient is our primary concern! The hardest part of our job is seeing the pain that patients are going through and some of their stories are heart breaking but the satisfaction of taking excellent images and helping to further advance their care is the best part of the job!
Pros
Exciting atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks and low pay
Fast paced but great coworkers
Internship (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 24, 2017
I did my internship at Froedtert Hospital and did not hesitate to apply for a job afterwards. I love all of my coworkers. They make a stressful day a lot easier to get through. It is busy at Froedtert but we all work together to get the job done!
Pros
Great managers and leads
Cons
busy workload
excellent benefits; very stable employment
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 18, 2017
The top management seems to be committed to a high standard of service to its customers. Employees are given solid benefits and stable employment. I found advancement to be difficult without having a degree or higher education.
froedtert hospital
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 3, 2017
Assigned specific rooms throughout the Froedtert campus, order medical supplies and stock the rooms daily. Management is a mix of experienced and newer staff. Very straight forward job, easy to get the hang of, may become repetitive after while.
Pros
Good benefits
The view is excellent from where I am positioned.
Admitting Registrar (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 29, 2017
Froedtert is a fast paced learning facility where something different happens every day. But I enjoy it and recommend employment to anyone and everyone.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Healthcare
Productive and professional work place
Registered Nurse, Trauma/Acute Care Surgery Unit (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 6, 2017
At Froedtert, I learn new things every day. There are opportunities to advance and grow, and I feel fulfilled working here. It's a great work place.
Pros
Always learning, nice coworkers
Cons
Rarely get breaks
Friendly, fun work place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 7, 2017
Taking care of short and long time patients
Inserting catheters
manage up to 32 patients
variety of cultures
The only CNA on floor
Taking care of pt
Pros
Working with good co-workers
Cons
Short breaks
Great work place
cooks assistant/ in room dining assisant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 21, 2017
Froedetert Hospital is a great work place, the pay is great and everyone is friendly and helpful I would recommend people to work there. I love interacting with he patients and making them smile and all of the nurses are loving and friendly.
Pros
great pay, great hours, benifits
Cons
meetings, some task
A large teaching hospital with many learning opportunities.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 13, 2017
I was so grateful that the pharmacy took me in with no experience and allowed me to grow into the position as I prepared for pharmacy school. They were flexible with my schedule as I raised my small family and went to school.
Clinical Assistant
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 6, 2017
Worked in the cancer center specifically Bone Marrow Transplant. Was a great job but definitely emotionally hard dealing with the circumstances of people passing. Had to have a tough skin and be able to work efficiently.
Doctors are in increditably gifted
Trauma Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 25, 2017
management is below average. Nurse confrontations (high school drama) are regular. zero consideration to work home life balance.
Goal Oriented
Lead CPhT/Outpatient (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJanuary 21, 2017
Fast paced environment with primary focus in patient care. Every work day is a learning experience and the hospital focuses on teamwork. Salary is comparable to other hospitals with a great benefit package
Very rewarding Job
Was "Charge Person" (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJanuary 20, 2017
Sterile Processing Tech, Decontamed , Asssemblied and Sterilized surgical instruments. Completing the Instrument trays that were needed for the cases.
Pros
Working with Surgical Team
Cons
Not enough staff at times
motivated and dedicated teams
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJanuary 12, 2017
froedtert is a good hospital. Problems align when managers are not able to be present. a typical day at work is stressful. I learned that sometimes you have to allow the patients to be that spark for your day if you work in a stressful environment. My co-workers were very stressed. The hardest part of my job was working in a hostile environment.
Pros
staff is usually coroperative
Cons
lack of managment
Overall improving!
RN (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 11, 2017
Froedtert's surgical department has struggled in the past but great improvements are being made and overall I am very satisfied with my position there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Froedtert Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2