Front Range Community College Employee Reviews

Worked under the work study program
Supervising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 18, 2016
With the work study program, they worked with you around your school schedule. Only was allowed to work under this program if you were attending the school.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 10, 2016
Challenging, fast-paced, dynamic, interaction with other instructors and a broad cross section of students; work with leading edge technology; innovative people practicing their craft of ingenuity.
A great place to work!
TESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COMarch 19, 2016
Great support for instructors. The facilities are nice and the work environment positive. Teachers are given autonomy. The students are motivated.
Pros
Work atmosphere
Cons
Great people, great students!
Adjunct Instructor - Communication (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 29, 2016
I've loved being at FRCC! It's a great place to work with fantastic, dedicated staff who love to teach. the students are hard-working and want to be there.
Pros
Dedicated Staff
work study program
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 15, 2016
i helped students get enrolled in various aspects of the school. It felt very rewarding to help these students. it was a work study program that i recieved credits for
I love acting and theater
Instructor in the Theater Department (Former Employee) –  Boulder and WestminsterFebruary 22, 2016
I come in and I play with my students. They do scene work and learn about the history of theater. We work together on making the time as rigorous and fun as possible.
Amazing culture but not enough resources
Clinical Nursing Faculty (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 11, 2015
FRCC faculty are there because they are committed to their students. They were visionary and amazing people. Unfortunately, being a community college and the fact that there is limited budget and there was a budget deficit at the state level, it made for a lot of work and very little compensation or resources.
Nice place!
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 11, 2016
Nice to work here. Was not here very long but the boss I had was great. Typical college atmosphere. Not many chances for advancement.
Front Range Community College
Veterinary Technician/Assistant Student (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 12, 2016
The program is geared more towards the small animal care industry so anyone wanting a career in large animal would need more specialized instruction.
work
Student Administrative Assistant for Payroll (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 31, 2016
this company is nice but very hard to find a work there. people are nice but pay rate is good too. I enjoy working there and nice environment too
I learned so much here!
Intern/Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Ft. Collins, COJanuary 1, 2016
Im very thankfull that I was able to work at Front Range Community College. They worked around my school schedule and the knowledge I gained while working there was invaluable
Student
Student (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 29, 2015
Good learning environment. Promotes learning. Great for learning new skills and refining current skills. promotes networking and friendships
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct instructor (Current Employee) –  Larimer Campus and on-lineJune 29, 2014
As an adjunct instructor for Front Range Community College, I had the opportunity to instruct up to four courses per semester. The Colorado Community Colleges outline the information which was to be covered in each course, however, my creativity of how to present the course material was unlimited. I had the opportunity to instruct in several different courses, and it was not only fun, it allowed me to continue my personal education in the areas of study I enjoyed.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
adjuncts did not receive benefits
Focus on student success
Workstudy Getting Started Presenter (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 4, 2014
Work hours were scheduled around my class schedule. A typical workday included checking the number of students signed up for a presentation, giving a mini-tour and going to a scheduled classroom to give the Getting Started presentation to new students and thier family members. After the presentation a survey was collected and entered into a database. The management was so caring and the co-workers were also very supportive and fun. The hardest part of the job was knowing that it would end when the semester was over. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the new students and being known around campus.
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
Unable to be hired permanently
Westminster Campus Security
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Westminster COMay 23, 2013
I had a bad experience working for the Westminster campus security department. The boss there really loved talking politics all day long. If he wasn't talking politics, he ws glued to his computer screen reading political websites. I won't say which side he was on, but his demeanor wasn't cool. The close supervision wasn't fun either. Expectations turned upside down about a month after I got the job and I was ousted in just five months. The only good positions there would be in faculty or management. Unfortunately, my BA degree wasn't marketable for a better position there. Being a security guard after college graduation has sucked, but look at what we have now in the 21st century job market.
Professional and supportive environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 24, 2014
Good support from Department Heads, flexible about scheduling and freedom to develop your own curriculum within guidelines of the state; very professional instructors. Ability to teach a variety of courses and bring in professionals to enhance the learning process.
Pros
Very professional and supportive
Cons
Poor pay and benefits
Great School
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 27, 2013
Graduated with 6 Welding Certificates, Hands on experience. Learned MIG, TIG, and SMAW welding. Awesome Instructors, fellow student co-workers. Learned a lot about fabrication and design, also allowed to create multiple metal sculptures. Most enjoyable work enviroment, focused on work ethic and safety.
Pros
Got to teach others as well
Cons
Just not long enough class periods
A Feeling Like Home
Advising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 3, 2013
Working at FRCC was amazing! I met many people there who I now call my best friends and become more like family each day! Management was always willing to help you succeed. I enjoyed helping other students figure out their future and enroll in classes.
Pros
they worked around my school schedule.
Cons
it was low pay and very little amount of hours. (work-study position)
No HR or upper management support
Adjunct Lecturer/ Financial Aid Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 11, 2014
Academic/adjunct employees:

Great to work with and smart

Excellent support from Dept Chair

Non-academic side:

Very political.

Some excellent employees, many self-centered workers.

No HR support when there is a retaliation issue from my supervisor

No upper management support
Fair and kind workplace.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 15, 2015
Front Range's administrators are nice; the job is what you make it; the students are enthusiastic about philosophy; there is opportunity for professional development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Front Range Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4