Front Range Community College

Front Range Community College Employee Reviews

A very open and inviting work environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 19, 2015
I have thoroughly enjoyed working as well as going to school at FRCC. They are very supportive and challenge you to be your best.
Great School
Student (Former Employee), Longmont, COMarch 21, 2015
Pros: higher education
Cons: expensive
Attend class and do homework. Attend tutoring. Attend work study. Interact with class mates. I enjoyed math study group on Wednesdays.
work study
Receptionist/Clerical (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: love the job
Cons: pay
I typed papers and test for teacher, made appointments, inventory control, lock-up at night, helped students with problems, kept all information I learned to myself
No HR or upper management support
Adjunct Lecturer/ Financial Aid Data Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Collins, CODecember 11, 2014
Academic/adjunct employees:

Great to work with and smart

Excellent support from Dept Chair

Non-academic side:

Very political.

Some excellent employees, many self-centered workers.

No HR support when there is a retaliation issue from my supervisor

No upper management support
Professional and supportive environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Westminster, CONovember 24, 2014
Pros: very professional and supportive
Cons: poor pay and benefits
Good support from Department Heads, flexible about scheduling and freedom to develop your own curriculum within guidelines of the state; very professional instructors. Ability to teach a variety of courses and bring in professionals to enhance the learning process.
Terrible pay and working conditions
Lecturer (Former Employee), Boulder, COOctober 10, 2014
Adjunct faculty are treated poorly. I was literally yelled at by a receptionist for making the coffee too strong. Fifty adjuncts had to share an office that was half the size of the one given to the faculty admin assistant. The per course pay ended up being less than minimum wage.
Good Community College
Adjunct Faculty Member-Computer Inforrmation (Former Employee), Westminster, COOctober 10, 2014
Very good school especially for students that may have competing responsibilities or do not desire incur extensive school loan debt.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct instructor (Current Employee), Larimer Campus and on-lineJune 29, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: adjuncts did not receive benefits
As an adjunct instructor for Front Range Community College, I had the opportunity to instruct up to four courses per semester. The Colorado Community Colleges outline the information which was to be covered in each course, however, my creativity of how to present the course material was unlimited. I had the opportunity to instruct in several different courses, and it was not only fun, it allowed me to continue my personal education in the areas of study I enjoyed.
A great start
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJune 25, 2014
I learned how to use multi line phone systems. I scheduled appointments for the lawyers. Learned file making. Took care of the conference room, by keeping it clean and organized.
Adjunct's have the best carrier
Program Director\Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMarch 18, 2014
Very political, full time instructors and administrator working hard to look good.
Awesome school, great teachers
Student and faculty support (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 17, 2014
Great computer lab, great boss and co-workers, fantastic opportunity for students to print and use computers, fantastic opportunity for work students
Focus on student success
Workstudy Getting Started Presenter (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: great schedule
Cons: unable to be hired permanently
Work hours were scheduled around my class schedule. A typical workday included checking the number of students signed up for a presentation, giving a mini-tour and going to a scheduled classroom to give the Getting Started presentation to new students and thier family members. After the presentation a survey was collected and entered into a database. The management was so caring and the co-workers were also very supportive and fun. The hardest part of the job was knowing that it would end when the semester was over. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the new students and being known around campus.
Great School
Student Employee (Former Employee), Fort Collins, CODecember 27, 2013
Pros: got to teach others as well
Cons: just not long enough class periods
Graduated with 6 Welding Certificates, Hands on experience. Learned MIG, TIG, and SMAW welding. Awesome Instructors, fellow student co-workers. Learned a lot about fabrication and design, also allowed to create multiple metal sculptures. Most enjoyable work enviroment, focused on work ethic and safety.
A place where i could demonstrate my strong work-ethic and ability to help others
Bilingual Customer Service/HR (Former Employee), Longmont, CODecember 27, 2013
Pros: highly professional
Cons: it was a work-study
While at Front Range Community College, I worked in three different departments with the intent to expand my knowledge and skills.

In the first dept., Human Resources, I worked for one year and a half as a work-study. Through my boss, I learned how to improve my interpersonal communication and problem solving.
The hardest part of this work-study job was to deal with routine activities that were not mental stimulating. On the other hand, I loved when challenging tasks were given.

In the second dept., the Student Success Center, I worked for six months as a Lead in Customer Service. I challenged myself applying for this position because I wanted to improve my communication and problem solving skills. I found that I really enjoy helping others by being objective and result-oriented. I liked when we had a fast-paced environment; and dislike when we did not have it. My co-workers added a lot to my experience by being supportive when I did not know how to address a question.

My third experience was at the Outreach Dept.., where I could utilize my bilingual skills to reach the Latino community and help them to understand the process of going to college.

I left this company only because I move to Phoenix.
Student
Student (Former Employee), Westminster, CODecember 8, 2013
Pros: close
Cons: not a lot of people my age
Went for basic classes during high school and after early graduation then transferred to Metro,
Fun small college
Cafeteria Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Collins, CONovember 8, 2013
Great place to start your education, small class sizes, more one on one with your instructors, and personal attention. Instructors really care about teaching.
Easygoing.
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Westminster, CONovember 4, 2013
Pros: can do homework on down times.
Cons: little pay.
Great experience for Work Study. Works around your school schedule.
Productive, fun
Nursing Faculty (Current Employee), Westminster, CONovember 2, 2013
When I am not teaching I am getting another class ready, Love the ability to stay on the floor with the students.
Westminster Campus Security
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee), Westminster COMay 23, 2013
I had a bad experience working for the Westminster campus security department. The boss there really loved talking politics all day long. If he wasn't talking politics, he ws glued to his computer screen reading political websites. I won't say which side he was on, but his demeanor wasn't cool. The close supervision wasn't fun either. Expectations turned upside down about a month after I got the job and I was ousted in just five months. The only good positions there would be in faculty or management. Unfortunately, my BA degree wasn't marketable for a better position there. Being a security guard after college graduation has sucked, but look at what we have now in the 21st century job market.
Great way to improve EMS skills by teaching
EMS Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: easy to work around other work schedule
Cons: sometimes hard to pick up available shifts due to demand.
Working with students is a great pleasure. Staff members are very knowledgeable and are passionate about teaching. Management is always there when called upon. There is nothing difficult about the job. Watching students who pursue a job in the EMS/healthcare field is always gratifying.