Front Range Community College Employee Reviews

Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 9, 2017
The administrators and other faculty members are amazing and I loved every second of working with them. Unfortunately CCCS keeps the pay for adjuncts below the poverty line and as the sole breadwinner, I couldn't keep teaching here and support my family.
Pros
Amazing students, staff, faculty and administrators!
Cons
Low pay
Great place to work, respectful environment
Accounting Technician II-Bookstore & Dining (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 9, 2017
This was a fun place to work; the environment was easy going and not stressful. My manager was pleasant enough and the staff was always helpful. But, I had to move to another state for family reasons.
Pros
Environment was pleasant
Cons
Lots of state and federal regulations to adhere to
Great staff and a fun environment to work
Student Life Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 27, 2017
Working in the game room, to the front office showed the variety and fun that the school had to offer to both the students and employees. Assisting with events showed me the behind the scenes of what it really takes to plan a school event
Pros
Free event food
Cons
Not enough hours
Poor pay, but excellent additional education
INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT-MACHINING (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COSeptember 26, 2017
While the pay was poor, working at FRCC allowed me to gain more knowledge and context for the related classes I was enrolled in while being employed there.
Solid workplace
Librarian On-Call (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 4, 2017
This community college cares about their students and provides solid compensation for their employees. I provide on-call work for this college and enjoy my time there.
Good Work Balance
Student IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 23, 2017
Work Schedules are very flexible, coworkers are very nice, and you learn a lot on the job. This is a good job for anyone looking to gain experience in customer service, networking, and phone calls.
Engaging and growing company.
Community Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJuly 30, 2017
Supervisors are extremely welcoming and accepting. They are extremely flexible with your schedule and will go above and beyond for their students/employees.
Schooling
Energy Industry Student (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COJuly 25, 2017
Vestas sponsored courses located in Brighton with a promise of an interview with Windsor Vestas location which never happened.but was still fun and learned a lot.
Great job for student
Marketing Director (Student Government) (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 21, 2017
Great opportunity to influence the culture of the school for the better. While there I got to serve the veterans of the school in a unique and powerful way.
Pros
make a difference!
Cons
pay, what pay?
Good Place to work
Full Time Faculty Welding Program Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 13, 2017
Nice people, Very expensive to live in the area, Work days are typical, Leadership issues are minimal. Typical government job. Salary was average. Good Place to work.
Good shop environment
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 28, 2017
The work atmosphere is good and healthy for someone just starting out. Management people are nice, and your bosses work in the shop with you and help with what needs helped with. I learned how to use several large sheers and saws, and did welding repair on what needed repaired. Overall it was an enjoyable and educational experience.
First teaching job out of grad school
Adjunct Faculty in Theatre (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 19, 2017
It was a long way to travel for the pay. At first, I got to teach a variety of courses, but these diminished as time went on. It is hard to believe that they were committed to theatre arts.
Pros
A chance to get started in the field
Cons
long commute, VERY low pay, no benefits
Great place to work part-time
Instructor CHE (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 10, 2017
Workplace is very wonderful. Management really cares about employees and students. Student classes are small and this allows you as an instructor to really have an impact on students and their learning.
Adjuncts are disposable - they aren't even people!
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 8, 2017
Yet another campus that takes what should be the joyous activity of teaching and makes it a soul grinding slog. Minimal support for part-time faculty, miserable pay and complete lack of reliable work are only a few reasons I will celebrate whole-heartedly when I can finally leave this terrible place.
Pros
Teaching nourishes my soul
Cons
FRCC devours my soul
Official response from Front Range Community College
June 15, 2017

I'm so sorry to hear that's been your experience - we are aware that there are issues with adjunct pay, support, professional development, etc, etc. We're trying to improve in all these areas and would welcome your feedback with open arms. You can contact me directly at frcc.communications@frontrange.edu and I'll make sure your comments get where they need to.

Incredible Working Environment for Students
Horticulture Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 3, 2017
The Work Study Program allows students the flexibility to attend classes while still earning an income, which instills work ethic in students pursuing a degree to find their "dream job".
Great place for work study, flexible schedule
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COMay 26, 2017
Great positive environment. Flexible hours to meet students schedule. Lots of opportunity to develop additional job skills. Willing to make schedule adjustments for students needing to study for finals.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
Great for students to work at
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 23, 2017
I worked in both the Financial Aid & Admissions & Records Departments as a work-study. This worked great with my school schedule as a single mom. The work was typical office duties, however, since you have access to private student information it is necessary to be able to hold sensitive material in confidence.
Pros
Great for students
Cons
No benefits
Fun Workplace
Student Life Staff (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 23, 2017
Strives to provide a positive learning and social environment for the students.Most of the teaching staff, as well as administrative staff will go out of their way to help students achieve their education.
Pros
student activities
Awesome
Teaching Assistant - Linux Configuration (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 18, 2017
I got to be a teachers aid and re learn class material that I learned before. It was great to get questions answered I may not have gotten the first time around.
As a Student Employee is a great place
IT desk Student Assistant Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 15, 2017
I cannot review as a state classified staff. I heard mixed stories when I worked there. But as a student employee is a 5 star place to work with. They are very flexible with the student's schedule. My managers were great people. I have nothing to complain.
Pros
Flexible schedule, friendly staff
Cons
Nothing that comes to mind

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Front Range Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3