Frontier Airlines Employee Reviews

Great Trainers, good benefits
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2016
The Trainers for Frontier are awesome. The pay and benefits are great and the travel benefits are great. Working at this company will allow you the opportunity to meet people from all over the world. The Pilots are the best at what they do and they really look after the Flight Attendants. They really care about the staff onboard their aircraft. A typical day at work requires long hours. Be prepared to have a well packed meal. The hardest part of the day is not being able to get off the Aircraft at a designated stop.....The most enjoyable is meeting people, good co-workers and a speedy Pilot.
Pros
Travel, training, making friends
Cons
Compensation way below industry competition
Employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 6, 2016
Frontier has yet to grasp a successful business plan to retain employees and build a successful workforce. Until executive management learns how to support morale, and speak to their people, they will continue to run a mediocre operation. Job seekers, if you need the job for experience, take it. If you're a seasoned or mid-career professional, you will NOT be compensated for what you do.
Pros
Flight Benefits- still extremely hard to get on.
Cons
Management personnel are condescending individuals who pride themselves in "knowing more than you".
Not a good place if you are looking for good management
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2016
I learned that all airlines are not alike. This place was in dire need of good management but they could not see it. They did not want to change or modernize things like using the computer instead of doing everything via paper.
Great co-workers, bad shifts.
They no longer have the reservations center now, they fired everyone and outsourced it all around a year ago.
Pros
Travel benefits were the only good thing
Cons
Lousy pay and needs better management
Very busy, High stress environment, meet new people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2016
A typical day at work was, busy, busy, busy! And I loved it. If you love the energy of a fast paced, busy, environment, you would love working at Frontier. Never a dull moment. You meet all kinds of different people from all walks of life. The money isn't where it's at. It's hard work and demanding. But I loved it. Most of my friends I have, I met through Frontier. A great group of people.
My main managers were wonderful. Corporate management and the new owners and CEO was more difficult to adjust to. Challenging to go to an Ultra Low Cost Airline. Be prepared for upset passengers, paying for everything. Also, the weather can be an issue, causing delays and irregular operations. But, if you are working with people you like doing what you love, there's nothing that can keep you down.
Pros
Flexible working days and hours, Meeting new people, flight benefits on Frontier as well as other carriers.
Cons
Corporate Mangement
Fun place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 11, 2017
Great Place to learn start one's career in aviation. The Co-Workers are fun and easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of the job is that your work is recognized by management.
Being a flight Attendant is always fun and customer service is top notch
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2017
typical day at work
what you learned
workplace culture
management
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job

Overall a good experience
Upbeat during an ownership aquistion change and system data change.
Revenue Accounting Audit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver CoMay 19, 2016
Busy days with changes as new processes and systems are being fine tuned. In the accounting area there are so many types as with any company there is always something new to learn that may connect to a process you are working. Finding a bigger picture of the company. Management has been changing with both new hires and moves and all seem to be working well with these changes. There is a kinship with coworkers and for the most part very willing to help with any requests you might have. It is difficult at times to understand the complaints and mind set of travelers, the lack of self responsibility. Completing tasks, audits and daily duties provides a satisfaction of accomplishment.
Pros
Upbeat, self rewarding, flight benefits
Cons
Many changes all at once from ownership to systems fast changes.
was fun while it lasted
Fleet Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 1, 2016
Employees unionized and the company laid everyone off before the union was put into effect. Company payed poorly for the area and the cost of living. Benefits were horrible I lost half my pay to health coverage for my family which left me with nothing to live off of in the end.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
poor health benefits, poor pay for the area, poor management
Tough job but a fun job most of the time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2016
Working for any airline you will always come home with a story. Typically the airline employees are a family - everyone takes care of one another. You must be able to think on your feet and willing to work long hours in unexpected circumstances or poor weather conditions. The upper management is typical of any large corporation and there are often frustrations and unfair policies. However, most immediate supervisors and managers were wonderful to speak to. The company, however, has outsourced all employees for customer service roles since I left, and I no longer know what the current working environment is like, although I hear mixed reviews.
Pros
Free travel if you can get on a flight, great co-workers
Cons
Employees are treated as replaceable
Seeking more growth
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 20, 2017
Better benefit and growth frontier is a place where you can start your job experiences and to make yourself self a better person what I'm looking for is more growth and better management skills and how can I help customer in the best way I can.
Long ago cared about their customers, now with new owner, only care about money, not employees or customers
CSR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work was always high stress, both in dealing with the customers and the flight schedules. In most cases, if the leads were doing their jobs, it made the day pretty decent. Most of my co-workers were decent, so were slackers, but because they kissed up to management, got away with it. Obviously, one of the hardest parts of the job was irregular ops. But later, the hardest part was not being able to use hard earned flight benefits because there were no open seats.
Pros
Able to trade shifts
Cons
Couldn't use flight benefits
Working for an airline is worth the benefits
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 14, 2016
The company that now exist is not the same company I worked for though the benefits of traveling are well worth the long nights, late nights, early days and working holidays
My job as passenger service agent .
Passenger Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 27, 2016
Well, a typical day at work would be all the planes arriving and departing on time as scheduled keeping the day going smoother and our frontier family happy.
Being a passenger service agent I learned a lot about the dangers in aircraft as well as inside the airport.
There is a substantial amount of rules and obligations as well as the task that comes with the subscribed duty .
My Co-workers were amazing we got along pretty well took the time out to get to know who we are working with and it makes a stronger healthier team.
The hardest part of the job was checking in passengers that had special needs because its a lot and sometimes gets over looked which I try my best not to.
The most enjoyable part was communicating with the passengers.
Pros
no free lunch, okay benifits
Cons
okay benifits
Low Wages
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 23, 2017
Flight attendants typically do the following:

Attend preflight briefings on details of the flight
Ensure that adequate supplies of refreshments and emergency equipment are on board
Demonstrate the use of emergency equipment
Ensure that all passengers fasten their seatbelts
Serve, and sometimes sell, beverages, meals, or snacks
Take care of passengers’ needs
Assist passengers with special needs
Reassure passengers during flight, such as when the aircraft hits turbulence
Administer first aid to passengers, when needed
Direct passengers in case of emergency
Traveling Position
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Great for single individuals without children. Very few bases to choose from. Option to commute was great. Flight benefits on numerous airlines. Three week training in Denver, CO.
Under new management
Central Baggage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2016
Management has unrealistic expectations for under paid employees. When employees leave they do not fill the position but wants current employees to pick up the huge work load.
Work
Crew Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 20, 2016
We had to assign the pilots there schedules for the week. I learned to get everything in writing. The management was different. My coworkers also very different
Frontier is always in the news....and not for good reasons
Contracts Administrator and Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 23, 2017
Their are great people that work there, however - the turnover is high because of the constant bad reviews online, in the news, etc.

The pay is well below average, the benefits were good.

Advice: please look at reviews and the news about the longevity of the company. Rumors were always around that Frontier would eventually be acquired by SouthWest.
Great start
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2016
Good company to start a flight attendant career. Job/Life balance is sufficient once you are off reserve. The flight attendants who work here are wonderful. The calling off policy when sick and can provide documentation is trash, but besides that all is well.
I love working at Frontier Airlines.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2016
Flight Attendant duties; Safety,Customer Service, General Boarding Procedures, Emergency Procedures. The management is great. I love the work environment. Frontier Airlines is like a family instead of just co-workers.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9