Frontier Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

Very stressful and no support
Customer Service Agent/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 9, 2015
This company has fallen as a good place to work. work/life balance is none existent anymore. It's all about making money for the "big boys"
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
horrible management/HR and no work/life balance
My job as passenger service agent .
Passenger Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 27, 2016
Well, a typical day at work would be all the planes arriving and departing on time as scheduled keeping the day going smoother and our frontier family happy.
Being a passenger service agent I learned a lot about the dangers in aircraft as well as inside the airport.
There is a substantial amount of rules and obligations as well as the task that comes with the subscribed duty .
My Co-workers were amazing we got along pretty well took the time out to get to know who we are working with and it makes a stronger healthier team.
The hardest part of the job was checking in passengers that had special needs because its a lot and sometimes gets over looked which I try my best not to.
The most enjoyable part was communicating with the passengers.
Pros
no free lunch, okay benifits
Cons
okay benifits
Upbeat during an ownership aquistion change and system data change.
Revenue Accounting Audit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver CoMay 19, 2016
Busy days with changes as new processes and systems are being fine tuned. In the accounting area there are so many types as with any company there is always something new to learn that may connect to a process you are working. Finding a bigger picture of the company. Management has been changing with both new hires and moves and all seem to be working well with these changes. There is a kinship with coworkers and for the most part very willing to help with any requests you might have. It is difficult at times to understand the complaints and mind set of travelers, the lack of self responsibility. Completing tasks, audits and daily duties provides a satisfaction of accomplishment.
Pros
Upbeat, self rewarding, flight benefits
Cons
Many changes all at once from ownership to systems fast changes.
Very busy, High stress environment, meet new people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2016
A typical day at work was, busy, busy, busy! And I loved it. If you love the energy of a fast paced, busy, environment, you would love working at Frontier. Never a dull moment. You meet all kinds of different people from all walks of life. The money isn't where it's at. It's hard work and demanding. But I loved it. Most of my friends I have, I met through Frontier. A great group of people.
My main managers were wonderful. Corporate management and the new owners and CEO was more difficult to adjust to. Challenging to go to an Ultra Low Cost Airline. Be prepared for upset passengers, paying for everything. Also, the weather can be an issue, causing delays and irregular operations. But, if you are working with people you like doing what you love, there's nothing that can keep you down.
Pros
Flexible working days and hours, Meeting new people, flight benefits on Frontier as well as other carriers.
Cons
Corporate Mangement
Enjoyed dealing with customers
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 12, 2016
I worked as a flight reservation agent. So I was able to assist passengers in booking their flights any where Frontier Airlines flew. The hardest part of my job was having to re-book flights for passengers when we had market withdrawals which was at time difficult to do so due to overbooked flights because of the withdrawals.
Pros
Flight benefits and dealing with customers
Cons
dealing with market withdrawals and flight cancellations due to weather
Very good place to work
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 25, 2016
I started working for Frontier Airlines in 2001 and was assigned as all new people are to the Ramp. I worked there for a while and was assigned later to the Baggroom where I stayed most of my time. I enjoyed working for Frontier Airlines, they treated me very well and I got along with everyone, especially the supervisors. I was laid off in 2015. I was forced to retire because of workers being outsourced. I miss the job and the people.
Pros
Good benifits and pay
Cons
There are no cons, except maybe working in the cold weather.
Tough job but a fun job most of the time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2016
Working for any airline you will always come home with a story. Typically the airline employees are a family - everyone takes care of one another. You must be able to think on your feet and willing to work long hours in unexpected circumstances or poor weather conditions. The upper management is typical of any large corporation and there are often frustrations and unfair policies. However, most immediate supervisors and managers were wonderful to speak to. The company, however, has outsourced all employees for customer service roles since I left, and I no longer know what the current working environment is like, although I hear mixed reviews.
Pros
Free travel if you can get on a flight, great co-workers
Cons
Employees are treated as replaceable
Just have to get used to it
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2016
It can be exciting & fun & other times torturous & stressful. You have to have thick skin & be assertive. Hardest part of the job is fighting exhaustion & learning to not have any set sleep patterns. The call out policy is unreasonable & so the result is a lot of the flight attendants fly sick or point out. But it's definitely better than serving & the people have a little more respect for your job. They depend on you & you do have to have good decision making skills & thinking on your feet. I'm starting to like it more & more but it has been hard on my body. Just takes some gettting used to.
Long ago cared about their customers, now with new owner, only care about money, not employees or customers
CSR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work was always high stress, both in dealing with the customers and the flight schedules. In most cases, if the leads were doing their jobs, it made the day pretty decent. Most of my co-workers were decent, so were slackers, but because they kissed up to management, got away with it. Obviously, one of the hardest parts of the job was irregular ops. But later, the hardest part was not being able to use hard earned flight benefits because there were no open seats.
Pros
Able to trade shifts
Cons
Couldn't use flight benefits
Compensation way below industry competition
Employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 6, 2016
Frontier has yet to grasp a successful business plan to retain employees and build a successful workforce. Until executive management learns how to support morale, and speak to their people, they will continue to run a mediocre operation. Job seekers, if you need the job for experience, take it. If you're a seasoned or mid-career professional, you will NOT be compensated for what you do.
Pros
Flight Benefits- still extremely hard to get on.
Cons
Management personnel are condescending individuals who pride themselves in "knowing more than you".

Want to know more about Frontier Airlines?

Ask a question
If commuting was a non issue, would definately be awesome
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 31, 2015
Gratifying working vast cultural nationalities, meeting different people with different backgrounds. The feeling of being almost self employed without having supervision breathing down your neck as long as you did your job.

Co workers are extremely enjoyable because not only do we all have the one goal of passengers from point A to B in very safe and efficient manner, but we work as together as though were family.

The hardest part of the job is when there is over an hour delay for a flight and passengers think its your fault. Trying to maintain passenger calmness, and reasoning.

Management however can be more caring and supportive.

Overall, what has been a lesson learned is, no matter how much a passenger vent their frustration out on you, it's not personal.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Commuting from one state to another to get to and from work
Good first time airline expierence
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 5, 2016
A typical day of work consist of assisting passengers with information on flight, boarding planes, and compensating passengers with delayed and cancelled flights. I interact with customers face to face and over the phone on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is when a flight is cancelled or delayed all the raft you get from passengers while trying to accommodate and resolve the issue. The most enjoyable part of the day is making sure each customer has an enjoyable experience on Frontier and receiving positive feedback on my customer service skills.
Fun place to work !
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 26, 2016
My co-workers were the best...From the management to the hourly workers we were family ! I liked working with the public from all around the US and Canada. It was always a busy work day lots of calls to answer.
Pros
Breaks on air travel
Cons
Dealing with un-happy customers
Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 1, 2016
I truly enjoyed working for Frontier, like any job it had its ups and downs. For anyone considering this career, one thing you need to keep in mind is that you need to be financially prepared I cant stress this enough. this is one of the reasons the airlines have such high turnover rates.The pay is extremely low starting off, if you have any big financial responsibilities like a mortgage or a car payment, you may have a difficult time making ends meet. Commuting can be very expensive too, for example if your base is in Chicago and you live in Sacramento, you would have to pay for parking at SMF ($50-60) per month, then once your in Chicago you'd have to pay for the subway each month ($ 60-75) plus like most Flight Attendants you will be on reserve, that means on-call flight attendant. So you'll have to spend anywhere from $150-300 per month for a crash pad. I highly recommend living in the same city that your based in. Other than that, this job can be glamorous, you'll stay at beautiful hotels, you'll never wait in line going through TSA security, once you have a line you'll have the flexibility to make your own schedule some flight attendants choose to work 9 days out of the month, some choose to work 21 days, I preferred red-eyes only since I'm a night owl., you'll meet all kinds of people and create long lasting friendships with your coworkers. , you'll travel all over the U.S. and you'll fly for free!
Since Frontier is growing, adding new routes, increasing its fleet of brand new Airbus 320/321, great things are happening.
Pros
Strong union
Worked my way up from Sales agent on the floor to Junior Business Analyst. Enjoyable atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2016
<Cendant very organized and professional organization. I was laid off in 2002. Shortly after the company disbanded and parts were sold off the bidders. Good place to work. Understanding after off phones in new position. Great Human Resources dept - very interactive with employees.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Tied to phones. Harsh deadlines
Outsourced within a year of being hired.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 15, 2016
We had extensive training and shortly after learning all the jobs on the ramp we were outsourced to a foreign company with no flight benefits.
I have new friends from my experience with Frontier and we all have stayed in the Airline industry but few stayed with Frontier.
Pros
Extensive training I will treasure forever
Cons
Sold us out to save a buck
Stressful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2016
Customers are constantly mad at you in this job whether it be because of a delayed or cancelled flight, or their luggage is missing, or they missed their flight, it's always a hard and stressful environment, my managers were never fair with time off and gave write up's for no reason. I liked my co-workers and got along with most of them
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
no breaks, hard schedual, little pay for the work you are doing
It was an experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 20, 2016
I like the training that was received in Denver CO. The instructors had only so much time to teach in very little time, but they would review with you if needed. They are awesome. I like the customers. The customers were the best part of the job even when they were being difficult. learning a program that you only had one day to review. It is always exciting learn new software.
Frontier was a great airline to work for at the time.
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 3, 2016
The hardest part of this job was the work hours. Bidding for your schedule occurred every three months. The benefit of flying for free would have been great; however, you rarely had the time off.
Pros
Free flying.
Cons
Short breaks, very little time off.
Faced paced and providing customer service was challenging
Customer Service/Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 21, 2015
The airline business was faced paced because it as a call center. One day was different from the next. You were expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge of company reservation policies that constantly changed. I learned problem solving and improved listening skills and what resources to use when customers had questions regarding flights, reservations, airport locations, etc. Most management was helpful. My co-workers were enjoyable to work with because they were all hard working and helpful. The hardest part was providing customer service because it was a challenge due to limited options available when the customer was upset. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great bunch of people and meeting new customers from all over the country.
Pros
Working with great co-workers; flexible hours; meeting new customers from all over the country.
Cons
High deductibles for Health care; providing customer service due to limited options available

2.9