Frontier Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

Very good place to work
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 25, 2016
I started working for Frontier Airlines in 2001 and was assigned as all new people are to the Ramp. I worked there for a while and was assigned later to the Baggroom where I stayed most of my time. I enjoyed working for Frontier Airlines, they treated me very well and I got along with everyone, especially the supervisors. I was laid off in 2015. I was forced to retire because of workers being outsourced. I miss the job and the people.
Pros
Good benifits and pay
Cons
There are no cons, except maybe working in the cold weather.
Enjoyed dealing with customers
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 12, 2016
I worked as a flight reservation agent. So I was able to assist passengers in booking their flights any where Frontier Airlines flew. The hardest part of my job was having to re-book flights for passengers when we had market withdrawals which was at time difficult to do so due to overbooked flights because of the withdrawals.
Pros
Flight benefits and dealing with customers
Cons
dealing with market withdrawals and flight cancellations due to weather
Very stressful and no support
Customer Service Agent/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 9, 2015
This company has fallen as a good place to work. work/life balance is none existent anymore. It's all about making money for the "big boys"
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
horrible management/HR and no work/life balance
If commuting was a non issue, would definately be awesome
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 31, 2015
Gratifying working vast cultural nationalities, meeting different people with different backgrounds. The feeling of being almost self employed without having supervision breathing down your neck as long as you did your job.

Co workers are extremely enjoyable because not only do we all have the one goal of passengers from point A to B in very safe and efficient manner, but we work as together as though were family.

The hardest part of the job is when there is over an hour delay for a flight and passengers think its your fault. Trying to maintain passenger calmness, and reasoning.

Management however can be more caring and supportive.

Overall, what has been a lesson learned is, no matter how much a passenger vent their frustration out on you, it's not personal.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Commuting from one state to another to get to and from work
Great until outsourced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 2, 2015
I've worked here from 2009 to 2014 and company was good until we were outsourced. Benefits were horrible but staff was cool
My job as passenger service agent .
Passenger Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 27, 2016
Well, a typical day at work would be all the planes arriving and departing on time as scheduled keeping the day going smoother and our frontier family happy.
Being a passenger service agent I learned a lot about the dangers in aircraft as well as inside the airport.
There is a substantial amount of rules and obligations as well as the task that comes with the subscribed duty .
My Co-workers were amazing we got along pretty well took the time out to get to know who we are working with and it makes a stronger healthier team.
The hardest part of the job was checking in passengers that had special needs because its a lot and sometimes gets over looked which I try my best not to.
The most enjoyable part was communicating with the passengers.
Pros
no free lunch, okay benifits
Cons
okay benifits
Upbeat during an ownership aquistion change and system data change.
Revenue Accounting Audit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver CoMay 19, 2016
Busy days with changes as new processes and systems are being fine tuned. In the accounting area there are so many types as with any company there is always something new to learn that may connect to a process you are working. Finding a bigger picture of the company. Management has been changing with both new hires and moves and all seem to be working well with these changes. There is a kinship with coworkers and for the most part very willing to help with any requests you might have. It is difficult at times to understand the complaints and mind set of travelers, the lack of self responsibility. Completing tasks, audits and daily duties provides a satisfaction of accomplishment.
Pros
Upbeat, self rewarding, flight benefits
Cons
Many changes all at once from ownership to systems fast changes.
Tough job but a fun job most of the time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2016
Working for any airline you will always come home with a story. Typically the airline employees are a family - everyone takes care of one another. You must be able to think on your feet and willing to work long hours in unexpected circumstances or poor weather conditions. The upper management is typical of any large corporation and there are often frustrations and unfair policies. However, most immediate supervisors and managers were wonderful to speak to. The company, however, has outsourced all employees for customer service roles since I left, and I no longer know what the current working environment is like, although I hear mixed reviews.
Pros
Free travel if you can get on a flight, great co-workers
Cons
Employees are treated as replaceable
cute meats
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 2, 2015
Cargill has a focus on ethics and integrity that makes it easy to be proud to say you work for them. Cargill offers great work/life benefits. i would still work this company if they had it here
Long ago cared about their customers, now with new owner, only care about money, not employees or customers
CSR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work was always high stress, both in dealing with the customers and the flight schedules. In most cases, if the leads were doing their jobs, it made the day pretty decent. Most of my co-workers were decent, so were slackers, but because they kissed up to management, got away with it. Obviously, one of the hardest parts of the job was irregular ops. But later, the hardest part was not being able to use hard earned flight benefits because there were no open seats.
Pros
Able to trade shifts
Cons
Couldn't use flight benefits
Good first time airline expierence
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 5, 2016
A typical day of work consist of assisting passengers with information on flight, boarding planes, and compensating passengers with delayed and cancelled flights. I interact with customers face to face and over the phone on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is when a flight is cancelled or delayed all the raft you get from passengers while trying to accommodate and resolve the issue. The most enjoyable part of the day is making sure each customer has an enjoyable experience on Frontier and receiving positive feedback on my customer service skills.
Busy day with losts of opportunities (working queues, Mexico desk, etc.)
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2015
A typical day at work would be a very busy call-volume situation
especially a Christmas/New Years. High volue noise level which
I found exciting and stimulating. I learned to handlel irrate calls
by listening to the customer and analyzing what was really the
problem and not take anything personally. (This took some practice).
To be honest, I didn't get too familiar with co-workers because
we were so busy most of the time.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with fare and restriction
changes which could happen anytime (including the middle of the
work day)! Naturally, accuracy was of primary importance as to not
misslead the caller or cost the company revenue. Not always an
easy task!
Quite honetly, the most enjoyable part of the job were the travel
benefitsand relative and friends passes. Went to Mexico 3 times (was safer then)!
Pros
Non-Revnue travel, overtime and holiday pay
Cons
Irrate customers, bad weather, could get intense.
Work enviornment was uncentain and stressful at times.
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 21, 2015
Due to the mass layoff at Frontier Airlines, there has been many changes made to realign the company position in the airline industry and business model to become profitable.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Must be wlling to work for lower wages Flight Benefits are factor into wages.
Worked my way up from Sales agent on the floor to Junior Business Analyst. Enjoyable atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2016
<Cendant very organized and professional organization. I was laid off in 2002. Shortly after the company disbanded and parts were sold off the bidders. Good place to work. Understanding after off phones in new position. Great Human Resources dept - very interactive with employees.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Tied to phones. Harsh deadlines
Used to be a good company to work for
Ramp Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 23, 2015
I was a shift manager in the ramp operations. I would handle staffing issues, build bids for our agents and manage to our operational goals.
Pros
Flight benefits and good people to work with
Cons
Changing their operations and business model, no job security
Stressful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2016
Customers are constantly mad at you in this job whether it be because of a delayed or cancelled flight, or their luggage is missing, or they missed their flight, it's always a hard and stressful environment, my managers were never fair with time off and gave write up's for no reason. I liked my co-workers and got along with most of them
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
no breaks, hard schedual, little pay for the work you are doing
great if you like to travel
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  denverJuly 22, 2015
loved working with airlines. Travel benefits are great, I enjoy working with the public learned patience, time management, flexibility
Working at home - 10hrs shifts - 4 days/week any problems help desk was available 24 hrs
AT HOME AGENT (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoradoJuly 9, 2015
Great company. Had at home agents. Then they outsourced the reservation dept. Had a lot of great agents to work with. Like one big family have a lot of great friendships.
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
closed the reservation dept
It was an experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 20, 2016
I like the training that was received in Denver CO. The instructors had only so much time to teach in very little time, but they would review with you if needed. They are awesome. I like the customers. The customers were the best part of the job even when they were being difficult. learning a program that you only had one day to review. It is always exciting learn new software.
Outsourced within a year of being hired.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 15, 2016
We had extensive training and shortly after learning all the jobs on the ramp we were outsourced to a foreign company with no flight benefits.
I have new friends from my experience with Frontier and we all have stayed in the Airline industry but few stayed with Frontier.
Pros
Extensive training I will treasure forever
Cons
Sold us out to save a buck