Frontier Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

Great start
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2016
Good company to start a flight attendant career. Job/Life balance is sufficient once you are off reserve. The flight attendants who work here are wonderful. The calling off policy when sick and can provide documentation is trash, but besides that all is well.
Busy work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 6, 2016
Fun working area co-workers are friendly so are mangers. Working at fast pace every day hours are fair friendly enviorment
was fun while it lasted
Fleet Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 1, 2016
Employees unionized and the company laid everyone off before the union was put into effect. Company payed poorly for the area and the cost of living. Benefits were horrible I lost half my pay to health coverage for my family which left me with nothing to live off of in the end.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
poor health benefits, poor pay for the area, poor management
I love working at Frontier Airlines.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2016
Flight Attendant duties; Safety,Customer Service, General Boarding Procedures, Emergency Procedures. The management is great. I love the work environment. Frontier Airlines is like a family instead of just co-workers.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Not a good place if you are looking for good management
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2016
I learned that all airlines are not alike. This place was in dire need of good management but they could not see it. They did not want to change or modernize things like using the computer instead of doing everything via paper.
Great co-workers, bad shifts.
They no longer have the reservations center now, they fired everyone and outsourced it all around a year ago.
Pros
Travel benefits were the only good thing
Cons
Lousy pay and needs better management
Very busy, High stress environment, meet new people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2016
A typical day at work was, busy, busy, busy! And I loved it. If you love the energy of a fast paced, busy, environment, you would love working at Frontier. Never a dull moment. You meet all kinds of different people from all walks of life. The money isn't where it's at. It's hard work and demanding. But I loved it. Most of my friends I have, I met through Frontier. A great group of people.
My main managers were wonderful. Corporate management and the new owners and CEO was more difficult to adjust to. Challenging to go to an Ultra Low Cost Airline. Be prepared for upset passengers, paying for everything. Also, the weather can be an issue, causing delays and irregular operations. But, if you are working with people you like doing what you love, there's nothing that can keep you down.
Pros
Flexible working days and hours, Meeting new people, flight benefits on Frontier as well as other carriers.
Cons
Corporate Mangement
Compensation way below industry competition
Employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 6, 2016
Frontier has yet to grasp a successful business plan to retain employees and build a successful workforce. Until executive management learns how to support morale, and speak to their people, they will continue to run a mediocre operation. Job seekers, if you need the job for experience, take it. If you're a seasoned or mid-career professional, you will NOT be compensated for what you do.
Pros
Flight Benefits- still extremely hard to get on.
Cons
Management personnel are condescending individuals who pride themselves in "knowing more than you".
Frontier was a great airline to work for at the time.
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 3, 2016
The hardest part of this job was the work hours. Bidding for your schedule occurred every three months. The benefit of flying for free would have been great; however, you rarely had the time off.
Pros
Free flying.
Cons
Short breaks, very little time off.
My job as passenger service agent .
Passenger Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 27, 2016
Well, a typical day at work would be all the planes arriving and departing on time as scheduled keeping the day going smoother and our frontier family happy.
Being a passenger service agent I learned a lot about the dangers in aircraft as well as inside the airport.
There is a substantial amount of rules and obligations as well as the task that comes with the subscribed duty .
My Co-workers were amazing we got along pretty well took the time out to get to know who we are working with and it makes a stronger healthier team.
The hardest part of the job was checking in passengers that had special needs because its a lot and sometimes gets over looked which I try my best not to.
The most enjoyable part was communicating with the passengers.
Pros
no free lunch, okay benifits
Cons
okay benifits
Outsourced within a year of being hired.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 15, 2016
We had extensive training and shortly after learning all the jobs on the ramp we were outsourced to a foreign company with no flight benefits.
I have new friends from my experience with Frontier and we all have stayed in the Airline industry but few stayed with Frontier.
Pros
Extensive training I will treasure forever
Cons
Sold us out to save a buck

Want to know more about Frontier Airlines?

Ask a question
Just have to get used to it
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2016
It can be exciting & fun & other times torturous & stressful. You have to have thick skin & be assertive. Hardest part of the job is fighting exhaustion & learning to not have any set sleep patterns. The call out policy is unreasonable & so the result is a lot of the flight attendants fly sick or point out. But it's definitely better than serving & the people have a little more respect for your job. They depend on you & you do have to have good decision making skills & thinking on your feet. I'm starting to like it more & more but it has been hard on my body. Just takes some gettting used to.
Upbeat during an ownership aquistion change and system data change.
Revenue Accounting Audit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver CoMay 19, 2016
Busy days with changes as new processes and systems are being fine tuned. In the accounting area there are so many types as with any company there is always something new to learn that may connect to a process you are working. Finding a bigger picture of the company. Management has been changing with both new hires and moves and all seem to be working well with these changes. There is a kinship with coworkers and for the most part very willing to help with any requests you might have. It is difficult at times to understand the complaints and mind set of travelers, the lack of self responsibility. Completing tasks, audits and daily duties provides a satisfaction of accomplishment.
Pros
Upbeat, self rewarding, flight benefits
Cons
Many changes all at once from ownership to systems fast changes.
Long ago cared about their customers, now with new owner, only care about money, not employees or customers
CSR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work was always high stress, both in dealing with the customers and the flight schedules. In most cases, if the leads were doing their jobs, it made the day pretty decent. Most of my co-workers were decent, so were slackers, but because they kissed up to management, got away with it. Obviously, one of the hardest parts of the job was irregular ops. But later, the hardest part was not being able to use hard earned flight benefits because there were no open seats.
Pros
Able to trade shifts
Cons
Couldn't use flight benefits
Worked my way up from Sales agent on the floor to Junior Business Analyst. Enjoyable atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2016
<Cendant very organized and professional organization. I was laid off in 2002. Shortly after the company disbanded and parts were sold off the bidders. Good place to work. Understanding after off phones in new position. Great Human Resources dept - very interactive with employees.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Tied to phones. Harsh deadlines
Kept me busy always
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 7, 2016
I enjoyed this job, Always a fun day on the ramp in rain or snow enjoyed meeting new people everyday,The pay was ok but the free flights made up for it.
Pros
Free flights for my family and i anywhere in the USA
Tough job but a fun job most of the time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2016
Working for any airline you will always come home with a story. Typically the airline employees are a family - everyone takes care of one another. You must be able to think on your feet and willing to work long hours in unexpected circumstances or poor weather conditions. The upper management is typical of any large corporation and there are often frustrations and unfair policies. However, most immediate supervisors and managers were wonderful to speak to. The company, however, has outsourced all employees for customer service roles since I left, and I no longer know what the current working environment is like, although I hear mixed reviews.
Pros
Free travel if you can get on a flight, great co-workers
Cons
Employees are treated as replaceable
Stressful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2016
Customers are constantly mad at you in this job whether it be because of a delayed or cancelled flight, or their luggage is missing, or they missed their flight, it's always a hard and stressful environment, my managers were never fair with time off and gave write up's for no reason. I liked my co-workers and got along with most of them
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
no breaks, hard schedual, little pay for the work you are doing
It was an experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 20, 2016
I like the training that was received in Denver CO. The instructors had only so much time to teach in very little time, but they would review with you if needed. They are awesome. I like the customers. The customers were the best part of the job even when they were being difficult. learning a program that you only had one day to review. It is always exciting learn new software.
Flight Benefits Don't Outweigh Office Politics
Payroll Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2016
It was great to have flight benefits but when you begin to factor in below average compensation and office politics it just wasn't worth it.
Pros
flight benefits
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 9, 2016
This is a growing company is very employee and yet customer driven that offers many opportunities for advancement and growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9