Frontier Airlines Employee Reviews

Enjoyed dealing with customers
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 12, 2016
I worked as a flight reservation agent. So I was able to assist passengers in booking their flights any where Frontier Airlines flew. The hardest part of my job was having to re-book flights for passengers when we had market withdrawals which was at time difficult to do so due to overbooked flights because of the withdrawals.
Pros
Flight benefits and dealing with customers
Cons
dealing with market withdrawals and flight cancellations due to weather
Family
Manager of Technology and Policy & Procedures (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2016
I have worked for Frontier for 12+ years and have met some very good friends. Frontier is a fun and family friendly environment.
Fun place to work !
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 26, 2016
My co-workers were the best...From the management to the hourly workers we were family ! I liked working with the public from all around the US and Canada. It was always a busy work day lots of calls to answer.
Pros
Breaks on air travel
Cons
Dealing with un-happy customers
pseudo military style work enviornment
DIA Station Trainer - STC (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 26, 2016
Long work days in inclement weather. Good way to build interpersonal skills. coworks can be clickish. Great way to understand aviation industry "ins and outs."
Pros
Descent health care package, very active outdoor work - helps with on the job weight loss
Very good place to work
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 25, 2016
I started working for Frontier Airlines in 2001 and was assigned as all new people are to the Ramp. I worked there for a while and was assigned later to the Baggroom where I stayed most of my time. I enjoyed working for Frontier Airlines, they treated me very well and I got along with everyone, especially the supervisors. I was laid off in 2015. I was forced to retire because of workers being outsourced. I miss the job and the people.
Pros
Good benifits and pay
Cons
There are no cons, except maybe working in the cold weather.
great oppurtunity
Customer Service Scout (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2016
I worked all shifts that was in the 24 hour shift ,I was a customer service scout,I assist people get to and from their flight in a wheelchair, I assist with tagging bag, helping with passengers on the kiosk. the most enjoyable part was helping the passengers and listen to the different things that went on in a person life, the joys they wanted to share, the hardest part of the job was wanting to be to all people what they needed but could not. I loved working with my co-workers .
Aviation environment was great
Lead mechanic (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 8, 2016
Working for Frontier Airlines was great in the aviation industry, learned about aircrafts from nose to tail. also learned about the FAA and their programs
Pros
wrenching on aircrafts
Cons
getting laid off
Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 22, 2015
A typical day is approximately 12-15 hours long. I have learned to manage an aircraft with critical security procedures. My co-workers and I work as a team. The hardest part of my job is being away from home. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Being away from home
Fast pace, friendly, and productive work environment
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 16, 2015
Getting passengers from point A to B safely and timely and to provide adequate customer service between your peers and the people you come in contact with. Most difficult part is your very first day on the job. I still remember it like yesterday! afterwards, its a breeze, as long as you are consistent and hard working, it will all pay off! Every day you will enjoy if you keep a smile on your face and keep it moving.
Pros
interaction with the different people of the world and exploring the world
Cons
pay rate was horrible
Great group of people to work with
Operation Support (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 9, 2015
great co workers loved them to death but corporate management got greedy and wanted to out source everyone. EVERYONE. Management at the airport were good they tried hard to make the best of a bad stiuation.
Pros
the people
Cons
CEO
Very stressful and no support
Customer Service Agent/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 9, 2015
This company has fallen as a good place to work. work/life balance is none existent anymore. It's all about making money for the "big boys"
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
horrible management/HR and no work/life balance
fast pace
TECHNICAL, BUYER (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 18, 2015
very good working environment. A lot of learning opportunities for people in their early career stage. Very good mentorship among the team across all departments. Friendly work environment.
Tough job
Reservations and sales (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 10, 2015
This job is not for people who can work independently. They have an extensive training program due to all rules a guidelines that have to be followed.
Great until outsourced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 2, 2015
I've worked here from 2009 to 2014 and company was good until we were outsourced. Benefits were horrible but staff was cool
Currently a difficult place to work for.
Director of Maintenance (FAA-119) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 22, 2015
Frontier is working to become a significant low cost carrier. Doing this is taking its toll on the employees. Management is working to drive down their costs and at the same time increase the overall performance. They are making strides, in this direction, but it is at the cost of its employees emotional and physical well being.
ok
customer sevice (Current Employee) –  san diegoOctober 18, 2015
This is a good job as long as their a flights going in and out. Good environment, good people The pay is a joke because were out sourced.
Typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIOctober 12, 2015
I would make travel recommendations to customers, help customers with rescheduling or adjusting there date of travel. Also would work with different internet based travel companies such as expedia, travelocity etc
cute meats
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 2, 2015
Cargill has a focus on ethics and integrity that makes it easy to be proud to say you work for them. Cargill offers great work/life benefits. i would still work this company if they had it here
Faced paced and providing customer service was challenging
Customer Service/Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 21, 2015
The airline business was faced paced because it as a call center. One day was different from the next. You were expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge of company reservation policies that constantly changed. I learned problem solving and improved listening skills and what resources to use when customers had questions regarding flights, reservations, airport locations, etc. Most management was helpful. My co-workers were enjoyable to work with because they were all hard working and helpful. The hardest part was providing customer service because it was a challenge due to limited options available when the customer was upset. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great bunch of people and meeting new customers from all over the country.
Pros
Working with great co-workers; flexible hours; meeting new customers from all over the country.
Cons
High deductibles for Health care; providing customer service due to limited options available
Transitioning company with lots of changes. Beginning to stabilize.
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee WISeptember 9, 2015
Challenging fast paced environment. Recent years were unstable leading to difficulty in hiring and retaining employees. However, we created a stable office with dedicated employees that provided excellent customer service even during the challenging period.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Transitioning company with lots of changes