Frontier Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

It was an experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 20, 2016
I like the training that was received in Denver CO. The instructors had only so much time to teach in very little time, but they would review with you if needed. They are awesome. I like the customers. The customers were the best part of the job even when they were being difficult. learning a program that you only had one day to review. It is always exciting learn new software.
Flight Benefits Don't Outweigh Office Politics
Payroll Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2016
It was great to have flight benefits but when you begin to factor in below average compensation and office politics it just wasn't worth it.
Pros
flight benefits
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 9, 2016
This is a growing company is very employee and yet customer driven that offers many opportunities for advancement and growth.
Good first time airline expierence
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 5, 2016
A typical day of work consist of assisting passengers with information on flight, boarding planes, and compensating passengers with delayed and cancelled flights. I interact with customers face to face and over the phone on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is when a flight is cancelled or delayed all the raft you get from passengers while trying to accommodate and resolve the issue. The most enjoyable part of the day is making sure each customer has an enjoyable experience on Frontier and receiving positive feedback on my customer service skills.
Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 1, 2016
I truly enjoyed working for Frontier, like any job it had its ups and downs. For anyone considering this career, one thing you need to keep in mind is that you need to be financially prepared I cant stress this enough. this is one of the reasons the airlines have such high turnover rates.The pay is extremely low starting off, if you have any big financial responsibilities like a mortgage or a car payment, you may have a difficult time making ends meet. Commuting can be very expensive too, for example if your base is in Chicago and you live in Sacramento, you would have to pay for parking at SMF ($50-60) per month, then once your in Chicago you'd have to pay for the subway each month ($ 60-75) plus like most Flight Attendants you will be on reserve, that means on-call flight attendant. So you'll have to spend anywhere from $150-300 per month for a crash pad. I highly recommend living in the same city that your based in. Other than that, this job can be glamorous, you'll stay at beautiful hotels, you'll never wait in line going through TSA security, once you have a line you'll have the flexibility to make your own schedule some flight attendants choose to work 9 days out of the month, some choose to work 21 days, I preferred red-eyes only since I'm a night owl., you'll meet all kinds of people and create long lasting friendships with your coworkers. , you'll travel all over the U.S. and you'll fly for free!
Since Frontier is growing, adding new routes, increasing its fleet of brand new Airbus 320/321, great things are happening.
Pros
Strong union
productive and fun
aircraft appearance (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2016
One of the best places I've worked at, in the many years I've been at DIA.We had fun and got the job done. Too bad all of this has came to an end.
Pros
shift trades, sick time, etc.
Cons
just some petty folks but, you ignore them.
Enjoyed dealing with customers
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 12, 2016
I worked as a flight reservation agent. So I was able to assist passengers in booking their flights any where Frontier Airlines flew. The hardest part of my job was having to re-book flights for passengers when we had market withdrawals which was at time difficult to do so due to overbooked flights because of the withdrawals.
Pros
Flight benefits and dealing with customers
Cons
dealing with market withdrawals and flight cancellations due to weather
fun place to work
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 3, 2016
the working environment was fun the people i was working with was so nice and polite the work benefit was awesome i was flying for free anywhere in the state plus my family too i got the chance to sit in the cockpit of the plane i even marshal the plane
Family
Manager of Technology and Policy & Procedures (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2016
I have worked for Frontier for 12+ years and have met some very good friends. Frontier is a fun and family friendly environment.
Fun place to work !
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 26, 2016
My co-workers were the best...From the management to the hourly workers we were family ! I liked working with the public from all around the US and Canada. It was always a busy work day lots of calls to answer.
Pros
Breaks on air travel
Cons
Dealing with un-happy customers
pseudo military style work enviornment
DIA Station Trainer - STC (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 26, 2016
Long work days in inclement weather. Good way to build interpersonal skills. coworks can be clickish. Great way to understand aviation industry "ins and outs."
Pros
Descent health care package, very active outdoor work - helps with on the job weight loss
Very good place to work
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 25, 2016
I started working for Frontier Airlines in 2001 and was assigned as all new people are to the Ramp. I worked there for a while and was assigned later to the Baggroom where I stayed most of my time. I enjoyed working for Frontier Airlines, they treated me very well and I got along with everyone, especially the supervisors. I was laid off in 2015. I was forced to retire because of workers being outsourced. I miss the job and the people.
Pros
Good benifits and pay
Cons
There are no cons, except maybe working in the cold weather.
great oppurtunity
Customer Service Scout (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2016
I worked all shifts that was in the 24 hour shift ,I was a customer service scout,I assist people get to and from their flight in a wheelchair, I assist with tagging bag, helping with passengers on the kiosk. the most enjoyable part was helping the passengers and listen to the different things that went on in a person life, the joys they wanted to share, the hardest part of the job was wanting to be to all people what they needed but could not. I loved working with my co-workers .
Aviation environment was great
Lead mechanic (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 8, 2016
Working for Frontier Airlines was great in the aviation industry, learned about aircrafts from nose to tail. also learned about the FAA and their programs
Pros
wrenching on aircrafts
Cons
getting laid off
Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 22, 2015
A typical day is approximately 12-15 hours long. I have learned to manage an aircraft with critical security procedures. My co-workers and I work as a team. The hardest part of my job is being away from home. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Being away from home
Fast pace, friendly, and productive work environment
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 16, 2015
Getting passengers from point A to B safely and timely and to provide adequate customer service between your peers and the people you come in contact with. Most difficult part is your very first day on the job. I still remember it like yesterday! afterwards, its a breeze, as long as you are consistent and hard working, it will all pay off! Every day you will enjoy if you keep a smile on your face and keep it moving.
Pros
interaction with the different people of the world and exploring the world
Cons
pay rate was horrible
Great group of people to work with
Operation Support (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 9, 2015
great co workers loved them to death but corporate management got greedy and wanted to out source everyone. EVERYONE. Management at the airport were good they tried hard to make the best of a bad stiuation.
Pros
the people
Cons
CEO
Very stressful and no support
Customer Service Agent/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 9, 2015
This company has fallen as a good place to work. work/life balance is none existent anymore. It's all about making money for the "big boys"
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
horrible management/HR and no work/life balance
fast pace
TECHNICAL, BUYER (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 18, 2015
very good working environment. A lot of learning opportunities for people in their early career stage. Very good mentorship among the team across all departments. Friendly work environment.
Tough job
Reservations and sales (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 10, 2015
This job is not for people who can work independently. They have an extensive training program due to all rules a guidelines that have to be followed.