Frontier Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

Not for me
IT Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 14, 2015
This is a large company run as a small mom and pop company. It can be difficult to navigate the various personal kingdoms that you will run across, and is extremely political. It's not uncommon for one person to be the guru of a given area, and know all the ins and outs, but be unwilling to divulge this information due to perceived job security. Then, when this person is on vacation, or leaves the company, it can be nearly impossible to get things accomplished. Much like many corporations, everything is needed urgently, though projects that were to be completed over a year ago, are just now getting under way. All in all, this is not a company for me.
loved working with airplanes
Customer Service/Gate Agent/Ground (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 11, 2015
This was a temporary job because Frontier left Green Bay and Appleton. I was very sad to see them go. Great group of people. Fun job.
Pros
working with jets
Cons
hours were tough
I recommend Frontier Airlines a great place to work and I would work there again.
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 5, 2015
Great place to work. Nice environment.Processed reservations. Loved management and co-workers. Hardest part of the job occurred when customers would become upset about cancelled flights. Most enjoyable part of the job was having access to buddy passes and being able to travel.
Pros
Buddy Passes
Cons
Getting bumped sometimes while trying to use buddy passes.
If commuting was a non issue, would definately be awesome
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 31, 2015
Gratifying working vast cultural nationalities, meeting different people with different backgrounds. The feeling of being almost self employed without having supervision breathing down your neck as long as you did your job.

Co workers are extremely enjoyable because not only do we all have the one goal of passengers from point A to B in very safe and efficient manner, but we work as together as though were family.

The hardest part of the job is when there is over an hour delay for a flight and passengers think its your fault. Trying to maintain passenger calmness, and reasoning.

Management however can be more caring and supportive.

Overall, what has been a lesson learned is, no matter how much a passenger vent their frustration out on you, it's not personal.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Commuting from one state to another to get to and from work
Great Job Experience
Aircraft Appereance (Former Employee) –  Denver CoJuly 24, 2015
Working for frontier was fun but stressful. I worked the night shift and managed to fall a sleep; the girl that was apart of my team never waked me up after lunch. Besides me and her arguing I loved frontier. the break room vibe and the good morning America from the older fokes to make you feel right at home. I am trying to get my job back with frontier because the opportunity to advice , I am much more aware of my work skills / problems and gained a new love for frontier.
Pros
fast past and fun
Cons
leak of sleep at night shift
great if you like to travel
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  denverJuly 22, 2015
loved working with airlines. Travel benefits are great, I enjoy working with the public learned patience, time management, flexibility
Work enviornment was uncentain and stressful at times.
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 21, 2015
Due to the mass layoff at Frontier Airlines, there has been many changes made to realign the company position in the airline industry and business model to become profitable.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Must be wlling to work for lower wages Flight Benefits are factor into wages.
Good work environment
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 13, 2015
Punctuality is a must. I learned a lot about the airline industry that I had no experience in before. Management was always available for assistance with questions or help with customer relations. My co workers in my experience were always willing to help with questions or advice when not assisting other customers. The hardest part of this job was when I had exhausted all efforts and escalating customer service issues to Supervisors and the customer was still not satisfied. I worked with a really fun, professional group. It was really rewarding when I could go above and beyond for our travelers.
Working at home - 10hrs shifts - 4 days/week any problems help desk was available 24 hrs
AT HOME AGENT (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoradoJuly 9, 2015
Great company. Had at home agents. Then they outsourced the reservation dept. Had a lot of great agents to work with. Like one big family have a lot of great friendships.
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
closed the reservation dept
free flights
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 6, 2015
It was nice to have the free flights and the vacation time. The supervisors were also very friendly and helpful. The training was very helpful and I learned a lot.
Pros
free flights
Cons
a lot of overtime
Busy place to work
Drug & Alcohol Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 6, 2015
Love my job busy from the time I go to work until the time I go home. Down side is you work 24/7 and weekends are busy also. Managing a regulated program is very interesting.
Used to be a good company to work for
Ramp Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 23, 2015
I was a shift manager in the ramp operations. I would handle staffing issues, build bids for our agents and manage to our operational goals.
Pros
Flight benefits and good people to work with
Cons
Changing their operations and business model, no job security
Total fit for myself as an employee
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN and DIA Denver, Co.June 18, 2015
A job where I can be myself and get work done without any supervision...contact with people while working...one of the best jobs I've worked
Pros
Hours
Cons
problems with system
The flight benefits were great
Scout (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoJune 12, 2015
* co- workers were great to work with
* the hardest part of the job was working with low quality information systems
* enjoyed helping out customers that were in need of special assistance
Pros
flight benefits
Not a good place to work, unless you're in Denver!
Station Training Coordinator / Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisMay 26, 2015
At one time Frontier was a great airline to work for. Prior to 2007, there was a lot of opportunities for advancement. As of now, all airport ops are contracted out.
Pros
Great aircraft with Dirct TV on every flight
Cons
Too many to list
poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 17, 2015
Alot of false promises company needs a major overhaul. Employees were outsourced. New company going through major changes. I enjoyed my co-workers,but management was very bad.
Busy day with losts of opportunities (working queues, Mexico desk, etc.)
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2015
A typical day at work would be a very busy call-volume situation
especially a Christmas/New Years. High volue noise level which
I found exciting and stimulating. I learned to handlel irrate calls
by listening to the customer and analyzing what was really the
problem and not take anything personally. (This took some practice).
To be honest, I didn't get too familiar with co-workers because
we were so busy most of the time.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with fare and restriction
changes which could happen anytime (including the middle of the
work day)! Naturally, accuracy was of primary importance as to not
misslead the caller or cost the company revenue. Not always an
easy task!
Quite honetly, the most enjoyable part of the job were the travel
benefitsand relative and friends passes. Went to Mexico 3 times (was safer then)!
Pros
Non-Revnue travel, overtime and holiday pay
Cons
Irrate customers, bad weather, could get intense.
It is nice to travel
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 27, 2015
Typical day is 14 to 16 hours. Constant on the move and flying in some of the most violent conditions due to weather. Discovering different places is most definitely a plus. Like with any job you have your dangers.
Pros
Get to travel
Cons
Not enough time to sleep on layovers
I so love working with the public. It is a challenge to see if you can turn the customers attitudes around with kindness.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 14, 2015
I loved my job at Frontier. I was in front of the passengers helping them with all their travel need requests. The airline is still up and running, but the Denver office has closed it's hub and now uses all contract workers. It was so sad and devastating to all the employees that were still there. However, that is the airline industry. They break up, they merge, they change constantly.
Pros
If part time, you could pick up more hours.
Cons
the management team was not strong, their criticisms were not helpful, they found fault no matter what, they fired a lot of people
Not much to say, about frontier.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 6, 2015
The people that worked there, was the only good part about going to work.

This airline has so much it could offer however to its passengers and employees but the ones running the show are stuck back in the 1980's.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Pay scale is a joke in the airline industry