Frontier Airlines Employee Reviews

Frontier was a great airline to work for at the time.
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 3, 2016
The hardest part of this job was the work hours. Bidding for your schedule occurred every three months. The benefit of flying for free would have been great; however, you rarely had the time off.
Pros
Free flying.
Cons
Short breaks, very little time off.
My job as passenger service agent .
Passenger Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 27, 2016
Well, a typical day at work would be all the planes arriving and departing on time as scheduled keeping the day going smoother and our frontier family happy.
Being a passenger service agent I learned a lot about the dangers in aircraft as well as inside the airport.
There is a substantial amount of rules and obligations as well as the task that comes with the subscribed duty .
My Co-workers were amazing we got along pretty well took the time out to get to know who we are working with and it makes a stronger healthier team.
The hardest part of the job was checking in passengers that had special needs because its a lot and sometimes gets over looked which I try my best not to.
The most enjoyable part was communicating with the passengers.
Pros
no free lunch, okay benifits
Cons
okay benifits
Outsourced within a year of being hired.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 15, 2016
We had extensive training and shortly after learning all the jobs on the ramp we were outsourced to a foreign company with no flight benefits.
I have new friends from my experience with Frontier and we all have stayed in the Airline industry but few stayed with Frontier.
Pros
Extensive training I will treasure forever
Cons
Sold us out to save a buck
Just have to get used to it
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2016
It can be exciting & fun & other times torturous & stressful. You have to have thick skin & be assertive. Hardest part of the job is fighting exhaustion & learning to not have any set sleep patterns. The call out policy is unreasonable & so the result is a lot of the flight attendants fly sick or point out. But it's definitely better than serving & the people have a little more respect for your job. They depend on you & you do have to have good decision making skills & thinking on your feet. I'm starting to like it more & more but it has been hard on my body. Just takes some gettting used to.
Upbeat during an ownership aquistion change and system data change.
Revenue Accounting Audit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver CoMay 19, 2016
Busy days with changes as new processes and systems are being fine tuned. In the accounting area there are so many types as with any company there is always something new to learn that may connect to a process you are working. Finding a bigger picture of the company. Management has been changing with both new hires and moves and all seem to be working well with these changes. There is a kinship with coworkers and for the most part very willing to help with any requests you might have. It is difficult at times to understand the complaints and mind set of travelers, the lack of self responsibility. Completing tasks, audits and daily duties provides a satisfaction of accomplishment.
Pros
Upbeat, self rewarding, flight benefits
Cons
Many changes all at once from ownership to systems fast changes.
Long ago cared about their customers, now with new owner, only care about money, not employees or customers
CSR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work was always high stress, both in dealing with the customers and the flight schedules. In most cases, if the leads were doing their jobs, it made the day pretty decent. Most of my co-workers were decent, so were slackers, but because they kissed up to management, got away with it. Obviously, one of the hardest parts of the job was irregular ops. But later, the hardest part was not being able to use hard earned flight benefits because there were no open seats.
Pros
Able to trade shifts
Cons
Couldn't use flight benefits
Worked my way up from Sales agent on the floor to Junior Business Analyst. Enjoyable atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2016
<Cendant very organized and professional organization. I was laid off in 2002. Shortly after the company disbanded and parts were sold off the bidders. Good place to work. Understanding after off phones in new position. Great Human Resources dept - very interactive with employees.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Tied to phones. Harsh deadlines
Kept me busy always
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 7, 2016
I enjoyed this job, Always a fun day on the ramp in rain or snow enjoyed meeting new people everyday,The pay was ok but the free flights made up for it.
Pros
Free flights for my family and i anywhere in the USA
Tough job but a fun job most of the time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2016
Working for any airline you will always come home with a story. Typically the airline employees are a family - everyone takes care of one another. You must be able to think on your feet and willing to work long hours in unexpected circumstances or poor weather conditions. The upper management is typical of any large corporation and there are often frustrations and unfair policies. However, most immediate supervisors and managers were wonderful to speak to. The company, however, has outsourced all employees for customer service roles since I left, and I no longer know what the current working environment is like, although I hear mixed reviews.
Pros
Free travel if you can get on a flight, great co-workers
Cons
Employees are treated as replaceable
Stressful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2016
Customers are constantly mad at you in this job whether it be because of a delayed or cancelled flight, or their luggage is missing, or they missed their flight, it's always a hard and stressful environment, my managers were never fair with time off and gave write up's for no reason. I liked my co-workers and got along with most of them
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
no breaks, hard schedual, little pay for the work you are doing
It was an experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 20, 2016
I like the training that was received in Denver CO. The instructors had only so much time to teach in very little time, but they would review with you if needed. They are awesome. I like the customers. The customers were the best part of the job even when they were being difficult. learning a program that you only had one day to review. It is always exciting learn new software.
Flight Benefits Don't Outweigh Office Politics
Payroll Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2016
It was great to have flight benefits but when you begin to factor in below average compensation and office politics it just wasn't worth it.
Pros
flight benefits
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 9, 2016
This is a growing company is very employee and yet customer driven that offers many opportunities for advancement and growth.
Good first time airline expierence
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 5, 2016
A typical day of work consist of assisting passengers with information on flight, boarding planes, and compensating passengers with delayed and cancelled flights. I interact with customers face to face and over the phone on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is when a flight is cancelled or delayed all the raft you get from passengers while trying to accommodate and resolve the issue. The most enjoyable part of the day is making sure each customer has an enjoyable experience on Frontier and receiving positive feedback on my customer service skills.
Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 1, 2016
I truly enjoyed working for Frontier, like any job it had its ups and downs. For anyone considering this career, one thing you need to keep in mind is that you need to be financially prepared I cant stress this enough. this is one of the reasons the airlines have such high turnover rates.The pay is extremely low starting off, if you have any big financial responsibilities like a mortgage or a car payment, you may have a difficult time making ends meet. Commuting can be very expensive too, for example if your base is in Chicago and you live in Sacramento, you would have to pay for parking at SMF ($50-60) per month, then once your in Chicago you'd have to pay for the subway each month ($ 60-75) plus like most Flight Attendants you will be on reserve, that means on-call flight attendant. So you'll have to spend anywhere from $150-300 per month for a crash pad. I highly recommend living in the same city that your based in. Other than that, this job can be glamorous, you'll stay at beautiful hotels, you'll never wait in line going through TSA security, once you have a line you'll have the flexibility to make your own schedule some flight attendants choose to work 9 days out of the month, some choose to work 21 days, I preferred red-eyes only since I'm a night owl., you'll meet all kinds of people and create long lasting friendships with your coworkers. , you'll travel all over the U.S. and you'll fly for free!
Since Frontier is growing, adding new routes, increasing its fleet of brand new Airbus 320/321, great things are happening.
Pros
Strong union
productive and fun
aircraft appearance (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2016
One of the best places I've worked at, in the many years I've been at DIA.We had fun and got the job done. Too bad all of this has came to an end.
Pros
shift trades, sick time, etc.
Cons
just some petty folks but, you ignore them.
Enjoyed dealing with customers
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 12, 2016
I worked as a flight reservation agent. So I was able to assist passengers in booking their flights any where Frontier Airlines flew. The hardest part of my job was having to re-book flights for passengers when we had market withdrawals which was at time difficult to do so due to overbooked flights because of the withdrawals.
Pros
Flight benefits and dealing with customers
Cons
dealing with market withdrawals and flight cancellations due to weather
fun place to work
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 3, 2016
the working environment was fun the people i was working with was so nice and polite the work benefit was awesome i was flying for free anywhere in the state plus my family too i got the chance to sit in the cockpit of the plane i even marshal the plane
Family
Manager of Technology and Policy & Procedures (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2016
I have worked for Frontier for 12+ years and have met some very good friends. Frontier is a fun and family friendly environment.
Fun place to work !
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 26, 2016
My co-workers were the best...From the management to the hourly workers we were family ! I liked working with the public from all around the US and Canada. It was always a busy work day lots of calls to answer.
Pros
Breaks on air travel
Cons
Dealing with un-happy customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9