Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications Employee Reviews

Emerging Player in Telecom Industry
Manager-Network Planning (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 20, 2016
Frontier is a rapidly growing ILEC. Recent landline acquisitions have doubled the size of the company, making Frontier a strong player in the residential broadband and video segments.

A focus on expansion of Video products and expanding broadband to rural areas will allow the company to gain market share and compete with other providers that offer a triple play.
Pros
Employee Focus, Focus on emerging technologies
Cons
High Operating costs, Need to break away from traditional business model
On the Verge of Greatness
Manager Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 22, 2016
Frontier is a great place to work. They are currently undergoing a few growing pains, but that is expected with any large acquisition. With the new structure of the company, we are put in a position to excel in the future. There are a substantial amount of employees there that want to see the company and everyone succeed and put in a lot of time and effort. The hardest part of the job is the sink or swim nature. There is not a substantial amount of training, and it is up to you to take the initiative to learn and grow. Its a great place to work if you are someone who really is willing to put in the time and effort.
Horrible management. Company is bleeding the company dry.
Local Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaNovember 18, 2016
I have worked for several large telecoms and this is by far the most mismanaged place I have ever seen. Mid-level and upper management literally have no idea what they are doing. Frontier is on its last legs and it shows in its stock price. They have an inability to think long-term and only think day-to-day how to please Wall Street. The caliber of leadership is disappointing.
Pros
Cons
cut-throat environment where it is every man for himself.
Energetic and Partnered Enviroment
Frontier Secure Partner Manager (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLNovember 8, 2016
One thing I can say is that I never had a day where I woke up and dreaded going to work. No matter how bad your morning was, the second you badged through those doors your entire day was made better.

It's got its ups and downs like any other company, but not only was my immediate management staff great at putting a smile on anyones face, it even transcended down to the tier 1's always staying positive.

Great pay, great benefits, definitely a huge learning experience I would not have traded for the world.
Productive place
Senior QA Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXNovember 24, 2016
1. A Typical Day at work: My work starts at 5.00 AM to do morning check out of test environments and continue to work until 4.00 PM
2. What you learned: - Knowledge of developing SOAP UI scripts using SOAP UI and with HP UFT 12.02ver and consumer products logic.(includes Internet, TV, and Phone)
3. Management: I used to manage my work individually and with all colleagues
4. Your Co-workers: we work together to complete the work in a targeted date
5. The hardest part of the job:- getting daily wake up at 5.00 AM
6. The most enjoyable part of the job: I can work remotely according to work load.
Pros
No Free lunches
Cons
health breaks are available
the contract is still fairly new and so the policies and systems are constantly changing or going down
Customer Service/ Retentions Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 1, 2016
a typical day at work is filled with system errors, the inability to work around the error and then angry customers who assume I just don't want to help when in reality I can't perform my job without the proper tools
Pros
I have been able to branch into two separate departments working here, I've gotten a lot of good information and experience
Cons
i find it unprofessional that we were trained incorrectly
Grew too big then it went down hill
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 1, 2016
The company itself is a good company, but when they bought Verizon areas it went downhill and they have been struggling. Leadership is worried about staying alive to even think about anything else right now. The company needs to invest in their people more than they are willing right now. Pay was good, but in this area you never know how long you will have a job since it is a union shop. If they can fix their training and get systems that are not from the 80's and get competitive speeds in a lot of areas they will be in good shape.
Pros
Hours, Pay
Cons
Training, Accountability
Frontier Communications
Senior Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXNovember 1, 2016
Frontier took me on with the transaction of Verizon and Frontier whereby they purchased operations in the states of Texas, Florida and California. Frontier doubled it's size in that transaction.

I found the atmosphere very positive; co-workers were friendly and helpful, and we were all welcomed into the new operation.

The hardest part of the job is that I believe Verizon sent more people to Frontier than would have been needed; thus, I was laid off after the six month transition date.

I think Frontier is a good company, and will be a success.
Pros
Co-workers in corporate offices were very pleasant to work with
Cons
Apparently not enough work given the transition.
Great work environment with access to continued learning
I&M / Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 24, 2016
Good company with a very knowledgeable and supportive lower and middle management. A lot of opportunities to learn and grow--I truly loved my time there. However, I think they may have bitten off more than they can chew regarding their acquisition of Florida, Texas, and California.
Pros
Great employees and lower/middle management, good benefits and compensation, no micromanaging
Cons
acquisitions of FL, TX, & CA have hurt customer relations and no plans are in sight to fix this
Frontier Communications is an excellent company to work for.
Contract Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2016
During my experience with Frontier I trained Verizon employees on the Frontier systems and processes. Frontier has acquired Verizon properties in Florida, Texas and California. I trained a total of 5 - 3 week classes and provided floor support to the students after training.

Frontier is very focused on their training, and made sure that their new trainers (including me) were well prepared.
It's all good until...
Internet Help Desk Tech II (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXOctober 20, 2016
If you're a robot, and you don't care about personal gain or advancement, by all means this is the place for you. The pay is wonderful, the benefits are great, but management and overall morale is horrible. No one, and I do mean NO ONE that isn't in upper management is happy there. The turn over rate is sky high and the tools they give to do your job are literally archaic. There are good people that work here and much to learn from them. But run far far away if at all possible. Go work at 7-11.
Terrible management and hiring practices
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 19, 2016
The site leader for sales tries to increase sales through fear driven incentives. As a result, morale is very low. Trying to advance through residential sales is very difficult because many departments seem to operate on the 'Buddy system.' It seems acceptable to hire old friends, as opposed to even interviewing a more qualified existing employee of 6 years.
Pros
Paycheck.
Cons
Everything else. Everything.
Tried to return to Frontier
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 13, 2016
I have been for three separate interviews at Frontier. I was a previous employee who left to advance their career at the time, tried to return back. No responses from HR regarding where they stand in the hiring processes and you never get an email stating you didn't get the job until 2 months later. Well I enjoyed my days working at Frontier when I worked there several years ago, and would have liked to have returned back to bring some of my experiences with me to the them since they are growing. I guess it was not meant to happen.
Pros
All the interviewers were very nice
Cons
Don't expect any emails regarding positions you interviewed for until 2 months or better
Horrible place for consultants!
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NY, New Haven, CT, Tampa, FSeptember 27, 2016
I worked for this company for 6 months as a consultant training service reps in financial service and customer service. I was a retiree that went to work temporarily. The equipment, processes, procedures and training materials were from another era (many years ago). I was expected to give 100% when the training that I recieved to train their employees was so terrible. If you have to work for any of these stupid fools, good luck. The rudest people I have ever worked with. I should have been a peer but was treated so badly. Never ever work for the training department. They are stupid and you have to take direction from them.
Pros
The Customer service reps were great!
Cons
The atmosphere in all the offices were the same, horrible.
Great place and great opportunties to make good income
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXNovember 30, 2016
Frontier is a great employee who understands cost of living and how employees need to earn has much has possible and with there base pay and commission structure it allows you to live comfortable. It is hard work in order to reach this level but the sweet reward can change your way of living
Pros
great management
Cons
being laid off in january
Good place to work with good benifits, ever changing.
Director of Operations - Integrations (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXNovember 11, 2016
Frontier Communications is very fast paced environment where teams network together to resolve issues and brainstorm to come up with new out of the box ideas while living the Frontier values of "putting the Customer first and treating each other with respect". Frontiers Senior Leadership Team "walks the walk", lives the Frontier values, always keeping an open door and open ears, looking for creativity and innovation from the ground level and up. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job are the same, the ever changing industry and technology keep you learning daily. Frontiers advanced online training program is available to all employees, taking away any excuse not to be on top of your game.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Work life balance
Management is a Bully
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 22, 2016
They don't care about the customers at all. I feel bad for those people waiting at home for days for install the service, but they even don't have service in that area. The system is so awful . I was about telling customer to get another provider.

Management has so much power to favorite one then another, HR is useless, the Supervisor is the only one deside everything and she is bully!!!
Prepared to work long hours and no recognition
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 14, 2016
If you like to be micro managed and be watched everywhere you go. Then you must like prison. If your not at your desk you must not be working mentality. VP walks around and checks if your there at AM and PM to see if your on time. Be prepared to pass the blame it's always someone else's fault. If you do perform well be prepared to get more work assigned.

It's a bad sign when several people quit in your department in less than a year after a new management team is placed.4 of 15 employees are new, 2 new managers, and 1 director.
Pros
Peers are courteous.
Cons
Micromanaging, management
Leadership of 12 employees, 3 different locations (cities).
Myrtle Creek, Oregon Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Creek, ORSeptember 11, 2016
Typical day started at 5:30 am ended normally around 8:00 pm. 24-7 position.

Learned much about supervising union and non union employees.

Management was adequate.

Hardest part of the job was not being able to deliver customer base with adequate service that they paid for.

The most enjoyable part of the job, internal and external customers.
Pros
Working with 12 great men.
Cons
Unable to deliver service adequately, due to bandwidth issues.
Getting a better possition does not work
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 13, 2016
I have found that this company is very biased and works more on nepotism than actual hard workers. I have actually had hiring managers fired for that reason and it still happens. The last time I was lover looked for a position I was told one of the reasons I was not hired was they wanted to see more personality.
Pros
good pay, pto
Cons
they use PTO if you are late or leave early and automatically if you are sick.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9