Frontier Communications Employee Reviews

They have closed business
Customer Service Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHOctober 21, 2017
They have been closed down for business. They were not very friendly, they based 1 month for training on how to make a new customer in their system, but we worked in the retention department. We were not trained at all on proper techniques to keep customers from leaving. We were only being trained as if each customer we received a call from was a new customer.
Nice job Environment
Information and Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston TXOctober 20, 2017
It was face-paced and I learned plenty of technical solutions. The toughest part was being micro managed. However I enjoyed working remotely. The workplace was pleasant.
Pros
Remote location
Cons
Micromanaging
Great work atmosphere and Pay
Dispatch Clerk - West Dispatch Order Quality (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 19, 2017
Great team-oriented work atmosphere and very good pay. The regional manager was great at fostering a positive work atmosphere and good employee relationships.
Overall company is great!
Retention/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 19, 2017
Frontier has been a great company. During my time working for the company I assist with many special project. Many projects trained me to become a leader and instilled values.
Pros
Flexible lunch and schedule swap
Cons
No sick leave
Worked as a contractor
Finance Systems Contractor (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 18, 2017
I worked as a contractor so the value of my review may be somewhat limited. My manager treated me very well, and the work was challenging. I would have liked to move to a permanent position, but it was not meant to be.
Poorly Managed Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 17, 2017
The company is failing due to a botched cutover of Verizon landlines in 2016 and is bleeding customers. I was laid off due to a reduction in force. There will be many more.
Not the perfect job for everyone
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Work From HomeOctober 16, 2017
I read the reviews of the job for frontier and did not take them as a new employee I asked the coaches and mentors about what I read and they said not to pay that any mind little did I know I should have listened about what I read from all the reviews.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Supervisor does not take the time to tell you how well you are doing.
Fast Paced call center
Traffic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 16, 2017
I learned to be more sympathetic towards customers. I also learned how to multi-task.

Management is fair, is always available if I needed assistance.

Hardest part of this job is there is not any room for growth within the company.

Most enjoyable part is making customers happy
Pros
great discounts
Cons
no job security/ call center closing in Nov
Good Experience
Traffic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 15, 2017
Work could be challenging due to customers, although I learned to express more patience. Management was fair and the environment was therefore pleasant.
Keep away
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 13, 2017
A lot of turnover and layoffs. Pay is bad and management is even worse. No recognition for good work and constant criticism for anything you do. Don’t take a bathroom break because you might get fired.
Sold
Intuit Agent (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLOctober 13, 2017
They were great until they sold part of us. They have management that do not know how to do the job of agents and therefore give advice that is not helpful and can sometimes hurt you. They always hire from outside and hardly ever promote.
Ok placw to work
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 13, 2017
I would not recommend working here to anyone it was a very hard place to balance life and school. They were very disorganized and I spent a lot of time correcting mistakes on accounts.
Na
Network Engineer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 12, 2017
We promise superior service to our customers, and we
deliver. Our customers benefit when we make wise, ethical business decisions,
so we pledge to keep our commitments and uphold the law. This approach has
made us a dependable and preferred choice for communications services
Good place to work and grow
Call Center System Specialist (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FL 32720October 11, 2017
Frontier is a good company to work for. I have been working here since 2010 and it's been really good working with people that I like. I'm always learning something new in desktop and telephony. We have course as well that we can take to learn on curtain applications we specialized in. My management is great I can always go to them with anything at all and I'm not afraid to speak my mind. They are understanding and work with us.
Frontier Communications
Business Account Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2017
Outside sales has autonomy in work life balance, management could be better. No real direction on how to be successful in this department. The most difficult part about this position is the management, I wish they had more experience doing the actual position.
Great company with awesome benefits
Customer Service & Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 10, 2017
Back to back incoming calls from existing and potential customers. I've learned good selling techniques. The hardest part of the job is turning a negative call into a sales opportunity.
Management Sucks!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2017
Too many Chiefs and No leadership, bad decisions, Too much money paid to management, not enough people in departments to work efficiently, closing too many depts. to get work done.
Love them
Sale and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXOctober 10, 2017
I loved working for Frontier and would go back . Only reason i left was because they had a huge lay off and let 1300 people go . great place to work would recommend it to anyone
Pros
pay
Cons
could be stress ful
Fast paced
Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2017
Company was GTE when I originally started in 1993, then became Verizon and is currently Frontier Communicstions. Enjoyed working for the company overall.
Management Help/Customers
ESCALATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 9, 2017
There would not be a member of management around to assist resolving an account.Unable to assist customers due to lack of management. Unsatisfied customers
Benefits
Cons
Management are unreasonable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontier Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9