FRONTIER COMMUNITY SERVICES Employee Reviews

good stepping stone
House manager (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMarch 15, 2016
only able to work for one year before I was laid off but did find the work enjoyable and staff gets along well together with several opportunities to assist the men of the house
Pros
good working relationships
Cons
too structured
very poor company
HHa (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 11, 2016
Too much work load on employees. I believe they did not treat the clients fair and put the clients and workers down , very disrespectful of workers and never listened to problems .
Pros
loved the clients
Cons
everything
Productive, fun, fulfilling, entertaining at times.
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKJuly 31, 2015
Cooking, feeding clients, bathing and dressing, playing games with the clients, shopping, in this job you learn a lot about compassion and love. Management was good, most co-workers were pleasant,
The hardest part of this job was caring for those clients as they passed on into the afterlife. The most enjoyable part is loving your clients and their families.
Pros
becoming friends with the clients and their families.
Cons
Caring for those that pass on, using first aid skills, dealing with a client while they are having a serious senior-moment.
Nice place to Work
Hablitation Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMay 18, 2015
when I worked there it wasn't a bad place to work. Some of the managers was awesome. A day at work was always challenging but well worth it. The co-workers was awesome.
Nice place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKApril 6, 2015
Very competent staff, clean, modern facilities, decent management, great coworkers, good benefits, good compensation plan and retirement plan. The staff seems very open to helping you excel in your work.
Pros
Benefits and paid time off.
Cons
Enjoyed my job/Management lacked experience
Housing Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMarch 5, 2015
• First-Time Homebuyer Project Coordination and Management:
• Created and implemented new floor plans to accommodate A.D.A. requirements
• Established and implemented marketing strategies to draw potential homebuyers.
• Developed and implemented Homebuyer Education Program for potential homebuyers, and aligned the companies counseling program to meet the HUD guidelines.
• Completed funding applications and wrote grants for government HDGF program and FHLB AHP Program
• Awarded $450,000 HDGF grant for homebuyer down payment assistance
• Awarded $350,000 HDGF grant for homebuyer down payment assistance
• Awarded $150,000 from the Federal Home Loan Bank AHP Program
• Awarded $500,000 HIF grant to fund a home for Developmental Disabled individuals
• Awarded $75,000 grant from Carol S. Peters to fund a home for persons with Disabilities
• Go to various job sites to monitor construction of apartment complexes throughout the state of Ohio. Complete annual site audits to ensure compliance with government regulations.
• Homebuyer Education & Counseling
• Created the curriculum for the Homebuyer Education courses
• Conducted comprehensive counseling session to assess the client’s current financial situation
Pros
Steady Income/Enjoyed Work
Cons
Poor Management
Great Client focused company
Health Services Director (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHFebruary 9, 2015
Great place for flexibility and always looking to put Clients needs first. Relaxed atmosphere and family oriented company.
Great mission
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKNovember 8, 2013
Too much work for not enough hours in day. Work/life balance non-existent for many. Some great people work there.
Pros
helping people
Cons
management looks down on employees. burn out
working with FCS for 12 years was an education and valuable learning experience
Scheduling Supervisor/records custodian (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKOctober 28, 2013
FCS is a great work environment to grow and learn in. Co-workers and management were constantly learning new ways to improve services and community involvement for consumers.
Pros
working with consumers
Very rewarding work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHOctober 8, 2013
A typical day was providing care to patients whether cooking meals, bathing, running to doctors visits, or just going out to enjoy their various activities.
Pros
Smiling, happy clients
Cons
Long overnites that were not paid for
okay
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHSeptember 20, 2013
Pay is low. Staff are bothered for OT all the time. Req'd to stay if relief staff are late or don't show at all
Interesting, enjoyable, and rewarding place to work.
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJuly 14, 2013
My typical day was to help individuals in their home with daily living routines. Provide transportation to activities. Prepare healthy meals. I learned how rewarding it is to work with individuals with disabilities. Management of household money. My co-workers were nice and friendly to work with. Nothing was hard about this job. The most enjoyable part was interacting with my clients. I loved it.
Okay place to work
Habilitation Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHNovember 27, 2012
This company has grown a lot since its beginning but still has a way to go. The management is constantly changing and somewhat lacks professionalism.
Pros
hours always open
Cons
pay is low
Average
PCA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKSeptember 26, 2012
Gave me hours without asking first. Enjoyed working with clients, yet they did not ask me if I wanted to work at this time before scheduling me first.
Pros
working with people
Cons
no communication
It was a fun place to work and i felt at ease with the clients
Habilitation specialist ll (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMay 16, 2012
I assisted my clients with household duties, took them to appointments, administered their meds, etc. I learned that with disabilities their lifes were full and they made their own discisions. The management worked well to make sure things were going well. My co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of my job was when i didn't understand what some of the clients wanted to say. The most enjoyable part was learning from the clients and knowing they loved just about everyone.
Pros
learning from the clients
Cons
there was no cons with my clients, i was tired when my day was complete.
Great Clients To work with
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMarch 24, 2012
Clients are amazing!! Management is an area that could really use work, and also ways of communication from manager to employee and employee to manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FRONTIER COMMUNITY SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9