FRONTIER SEMICONDUCTOR Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Company offered cutting edge technology in advanced materials and grew from $20M to $100M in a few years
Director, Global Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 21, 2015
I held several different positions with Southwall Tech., from product development engineer to product manager to worldwide sales. I learned all aspects of product cycle and business development. Most importantly, I learned to deal with multi-national companies from engineer to executive levels. The management had viable vision and acquired sufficient resources to carry out the vision.

My co-workers were very supportive. The hardest as well as the most enjoyable part of the job was the extensive travel (70+%) for several years to develop business worldwide.
Pros
Cutting edge technology and worldwide presence
Cons
Could not achieve cost cutting goal and allowed alternative technology to catch up
Fun place to work . I've acquired many skills that help me be a better test Technician.
Test Technician, Engineering Support (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 8, 2012
Most of the time, I'm aligning optics in Measurement Systems that are using Michelson's Interferometer principle.I'm operating electronic test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers.Also assisting optical engineers on developing new methods in interferometric metrology.
Pros
good management