Job Summary: The Freelance Proofreader is critical in providing the marketing team with a final review of all digital and print collateral prior to publication and distribution.
We are looking for an individual who is razor-focused and highly-experienced in finding grammar, style and consistency errors for all print and digital marketing materials, as assigned. Materials include (but not limited to) company print publications, e-brochures, website copy, blog posts and email newsletters.
This is a work-from-home position and paid on a per project basis. Occasional visits to our Gibsonia, PA office is expected.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in English, Writing, Journalism or Communications is required. An MFA level education is ideal.
- A minimum of three to five years of proofing, editing and/or writing experience.
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of work and complete a pre-interview project to demonstrate experience.
- Previous experience in working in a freelance capacity.
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have a strong command over English grammar and vocabulary.
- Know the Associated Press Stylebook and Chicago Manual of Style like the back of your hand.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet strict deadlines.
- Be able to work independently and with minimal direction.
- Must be organized and respectful of confidential matters.
- Exposure to the fishing, hunting and leisure travel industries is ideal.
To inquire about this position, please contact Lynda McDonough. Please include a resume, cover letter and one writing sample.